Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men couples. Is a there real future for any of them?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

I am writing this thread, to ask the question is a there real future for any X-Men couples? Let’s look at the X-Men couples over time.

Let’s begin with Rogue & Gambit 

No Caption Provided

Rogue & Gambit has always reminded me of a teenage romance. Where there is a lot anxiety and  insecurities. That always be the case with Rogue and Gambit, where trust has always been big issue, considering Gambit it always had hidden past, with good reason, his past has always been something he wanted to hide. The power Rogue has, been unable to touch, definitely put a strain on there relationship. Throughout the 90’s, no matter what difficulties they were facing, they still cared very much each other and work at the relationship they did have. Then in the late 90’s Rogue discover the truth about Gambit, that he  play a part in the slaughter of the Morlocks. It was truth that she couldn't forgive and she left him.

Couple of year later Rogue laid her life on line trying protect Gambit, When Vargas put a sword through the both of them. Both of them were so close to death. As result they were both cured of there powers and they were able touch and be together finally and as we know that didn’t last. During the Messiah Complex, Gambit join the Marauders in order to look out for Rogue, after Mystique shot her. When Rogue became conscious, she told Gambit she needs some space, sometime alone and Gambit respected her wishes.   Although there had been a kiss hear in there, they haven’t got back together.   During X-Men legacy issue, 248, the aftermath of Age of X. Gambit made it clear, he not gamble or an experiment. Not a station along the way and he made clear to Rogue, not come to him until she knows that.. At that point I can understand Gambit feelings. Having a relationship that’s is on and off all the time, is pretty annoying and confusing.  You either want the person or you don’t, you either want to be with them or your don’t. So it beg the question, is there a future for Gambit and Rogue?.  

No Caption Provided
    There  is  Rogue & Magneto, since Magneto join the X-Men, there had be a lot chemistry between these two. I’ve always been curious about what would happen between these two if they go together and will there relationship work.  I find it strange in a alternative reality Rogue was Married to Magneto and had child with him. It’s very weird that she already settle down with Magneto, and in normal reality Gambit & Rogue relationship didn't get that serious, the trust wasn't there. What is it about Magneto that appears to Rogue heart, is it, when he wants something he goes for it and has nothing to hide, he won’t hold back. Is there a future for Rogue & Magneto   and is it the end for Gambit & Rogue?

No Caption Provided

Then there is Cyclops and Jean Grey. Cyclops and Jean Grey are the oldest couple of all time, there relationship last for over 30 years. They were X-Men most popular couple of all time. I honestly believe that there relationship has been through hell and back. 

The deaths of Jean.Grey,  the rising of the Phoenix.. The influence of Mr Sinister and Madelyne Pryorplay on there relationship. Sending there son to future, in order to keep him alive. Raising him in the future as Redd and Slym. To losing him again in X-Cuitoner Song.  From triangle between Cyclops, Jean & Logan. To finally the death of Cyclops after merging with Apocalypse. Yet it took four reasons for this relationship to end. Cyclops, during Morrison run, I felt Cyclops was very annoying and very naïve. After merging with Apocalypse, it left a darkness in him and instead of sharing with one person who can understand, who has been taken over by uncontrollable forces, full of darkness, his wife. He decided to share his feelings with a blonde, Emma Frost, who is very manipulative and spiteful. Emma Frost, someone who took advantage of the problems that Cyclops and Jean were facing. Once Jean discovered the truth, Emma made a joke out of it and acting like she did nothing wrong,  doesn't sound very mature, coming from a adult.

Then of course there was Apocalypse who not only influence Cyclops and Jean relationship, but also open more of a darkness in Cyclops character, which probably the reason why he made so many questionable decisions over past couple of years

Finally Morrison, he decided he wanted Cyclops to be with someone else, to develop his character. Although there has been a lot discussing among fans if they want Jean and Scott to reunite. Some do and some don’t. Me personally, I don’t want them to reunite straight away. I want Jean to move on from what Cyclops and Emma frost did to her, cause she deserve more, but finally they should reunite sometime in future, cause that what true love is, showing  forgiveness to person you love. It does beg question, will there be a future between these two?.  

There is Emma Frost and Cyclops.  a

No Caption Provided

Emma & Scott became attracted to one another, when Cyclops decided he didn’t want to share his feelings with his wife and it ended up being a psychic affair. Some fans believe he cheated on his wife, and some others believe he didn’t, whatever the real answer is, what he did was clearly wrong. Some people believe Emma push Cyclops further then Jean ever did, I honestly found no evidence of that.  All I have seen is Emma Frost do is, is take the Mick out of Cyclops pain, when he real lives his past memories. Despite that, they do make interesting couple. Over the last couple years though, we have seen a lot of lies and hidden secrets between them. Cyclops lying to Emma Frost about The X-Force, Emma Siding with Norman Osbornand sending Sebastian Shaw in space. To me,  not the most honest relationship. I definitely see cracks in there relationship.

I’m not sure how long this relationship will last, it all depends on the writers and the plans they have for Jean Grey when she returns, the plans to reunite Cyclops & Jean Grey, will they end up being together. If writers do decide to bring them back together,   I doubt there be a future for Emma and Scott. Let’s not forget, it's all thanks Jean Grey that Emma Frost ended up with Scott Summers, she has a lot to thank Jean Grey for, She save Emma life, put her back together, after being shot and she force Cyclops to move on with her. So they can have a future together, time will tell if that will happen.

Together forever
    Together forever

There is Kitty & Colossus,  Kitty and Colossus has always reminded of a young Scott Summers and Jean Grey. There very much in loved and nothing will keep them apart. The only thing that’s keeps these two apart, is the writers and the plans they have for them. For some reasons writers like to keep these apart, Colossus sacrifice his life by injected himself with the legacy virus, leaving Kitty in space in the magic bullet. Also in the 90’s,  Kitty join the Secret Avengers, which kept them apart too. I doubt the writers will keep these two together for that long. So will there be a real future for these two, very doubtful. 

No Caption Provided

Then of course of there is Psylocke & Archangel, one of the hottest couples of all time. He is millionaire, really good looking and she a former model, dangerous ninja and is one of hottest female characters in X-Men, particular in 90’s and yet there relationship came to end and now there back together under differcult circumstances. He has return to Archangel, the Angel death and Psylocke has been helping him battle his evil side and she feels she failing to help him and he believe there no use and embraces his dark side. So another relationship doom to fail.  

That’s leave is with Storm & Wolverine. Before Storm married Black Panther and became know as the Queen Wakanda, her most know relationship was with Forge and that relationship came to an end, because Storm took to long to say yes, after Forge proposed to her. So he left her, and there relationship came to  end too.

Then there is Wolverine, Wolverine is one of X-Men oldest members. He is centuries older then his team-mates and yet he never  truly dated  X-Women, he has been married to Silver fox, who was brutally murder by Sabretooth, He has had fling with Domino and yet the writers have never put him long term relationship, it’s real shame for someone like him. The writers like to test whether he father material, whether it suits him. He been a father figured & brother figure to both Kitty & Jubilee and now Armor. He like a father to X-23, not a very good one and has tried to be a father to Daken, even though he never knew he existed. An yet writers can’t seem to make him boyfriend material, it’s is very strange, considering who he is and how long he lived for. He only started dated   Melita, I don’t see that relationship lasting long. Is there any hope Wolverine?

In the past there was also Cannonball & Boom Boom, Warpath & Siryn. Domino & Cable and Banshee & Moira Mactaggert.  In 90’s, there were over 10 relationships in comics alone and nowadays, only one has been really focus on Emma Frost & Cyclops, with the potential of  five, being in spotlight too. Hellion & X-23, Rogue & Magneto, if there ever  going to get together, Kitty & Colossus, if writers focus on them  more, Psylocke & Archangel  and Havok & Porlaris when they returned. How many of them relationship are doom to fail as well, come to thing about Havok & Polaris has been the only relationship that seem to last, how strange is that and there not even the most interesting couple of all time. So is there real future for X-Men couples?.      

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Amegashita

X-Relationships are bad, and never, ever go far.  It's one of those things that writers just like to do, putting two X-Men together just to destroy the relationship helps add to the drama.  It's kind of sad.

WeaponCatfish1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By WeaponCatfish1

@ time: decent article but proof read before u post to the public 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine
    @WeaponCatfish1 said:
    Hypocrite. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

@WeaponCatfish1 said:

English isn't her first language. Give her a freaking break.

rsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rsummers

Ummm
    How about Havok and Polaris?
    I think Kitty and Colossus will still be together in the long run, they're just muddled with obstacles at the moment.

And Archangel and Psylocke should be together, they should get past the whole Dark Angel crap...

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thunderscream
    @WeaponCatfish1: You're giving people grief about criticizing Greg Land's art and then you go and criticize someone's thread?.....
    Lorialet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lorialet

My favorite X-men couple has always been Gambit & Rogue. They were always more playful, flirty and romantic than all the others put together. So I have to say I was very disappointed when she recently came back to Magneto. Unlike in the AoA, Magneto in the 616 universe is a monstrous mass murderer who commited countless crimes and atrocities and didn't pay for them. Now Rogue who was one of my favorite X-men feels a bit like Eva Braun to me. 

I think Scott and Emma are a very good couple. It always felt like Cyclops put Jean on a pedestal, and never quite managed to bring himself to the level he thought she was. He doesn't have that problem with Emma. 

Havok and Polaris have always been a mess. I always thought Lorna would have been better off with Iceman. 

I don't particulary like the Archangel/Psylocke couple. They're sexy, but that's it. They're as dysfunctional as it get.

Piotr and Kitty are just adorable together. They're the cutest X-men couple ever and I really don't see that changing unless one of them dies or disappears (again).

Ashra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ashra

None of the other X-couples bother me except for the Rogue/Gambit relationship.  Yeesh.  Gambit's my boy and I never liked him w/ Rogue.  It's about time they gave up on that dysfunctional, so-called excuse for a relationship.  Rogue needs to stay with Maggie. 

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RedK

Scott and Emma, really hope they stay together she's alot better for him then Jean.

Also Beak and Angle, i'm pretty sure they'll last

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11  Edited By lorex

The problem with relationships in super hero teams is that one writer might be the champion of a relationship and another will have other ideas. Or if characters appear in multiple titles this keeps any relationship cohesion from occurring as writers have their own ideas as to who is with who keeps  anything from happening. This prevents long tern relationships from being created, epically now that most writers don't seem to have very long tenures with the titles as they had in the past.

As for the current relationships well:

Gambit and Rogue was and still is interesting. In the past their relationship was a cross between wanting what you can't have and pure lust. They were hot for each other, no doubt about it. You could see how desperately Rogue wanted to be able to touch another person, could not and build up walls around herself to protect herself. Gambit on the other hand being the charming ladies man he is went after the most unattainable woman in the X-Men. He took it as a challenge but developed feelings for her. Aside from her powers whats has kept them apart the most has been Gambits past. Now  that Rogue has control of her powers he is maintaining her distance from Gambit. Perhaps she is feeling uneasy now that she no longer has a need to keep her walls up and it frightens her some what. 

Which leads me to Rogue and Magneto. Years ago she ran off with Magneto to the Savage Land when she temporally gained some control over her powers and was relieved of Ms. Marvels persona in her head. A young impressionable woman ran off with a man who for a time helped her gain control over her powers. This did not last as she was repulsed by Magneto vicious streak. Later when a younger clone of Magneto named Joseph became associated with the X-Men. Everyone thought him to be a de-aged version of Magneto and Rogues attraction came back as Joseph has Eric's physical  attributes but not his ruthlessness. That ended with Josephs death. Right now its been clearly established both she and Gambit have deep feelings for her and in my opinion adding Magneto to the mix is an attempt to manufacture drama. Also seeing Rogue and Magneto together gives Magneto a creepy old man vibe where he use to have an aura of being dangerous and powerful.

Scott, Jean and Emma. For me Scott and Jeans relationship was a continuation a teen romance that was extended far beyond its natural conclusion. For a time it works but when it was ended all the writer did was to expose the flaws that were already there. When Jean died before Scott moved on with Maddie. Perhaps its better to say he rebounded with Maddie and wend back to Jean because the relationship never really ended. Aside from getting married their relationship never really changed and Jean never grew as a character, she just became more destructive. However the relationship between Scott and Emma started theirs seems to be a stronger, stable connection. Yes there have been secrets and lies from both of them but neither of them has put the other on a pedestal as being perfect and accepts that they both have flaws. To me Scott and Emma's have a more adult relationship then  Scott and Jean ever had. 

Kitty and Piotr are as others have said cute together. Their relationship has grown stronger over time no matter the obstacles put in their way. The key thing for both of them is they have both grown in terms of character development, though Piotr is still way too over protective of his sister and dosent see  how dangerous and manipulative Illyana can be. 

Psylocke & Archangel were hot and heavy for a while each helping the other through their numerous troubles (which I will not list here) over the years. They have rekindle their past relationship recently but it remains to be seen how long that will last. 

The last significant relationship I can think of is Havok and Polaris who have been on again, off again over the years and right now its unknown what their status is.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By Timandm

Quick answer.  NO.  Not only no but HECK NO!!!

Not that I want it that way.  It seems to me (just my opinion) that comic book writers have a very passive aggressive relationship with their audience.  They find out what we WANT and then deliberately not give it to us...

- Who hasn't wanted Gambit and Rogue to get together all these years... And now that it's FINALLY possible, she's with great great grandfather magneto???  

- Havok and Lorna?  We, the audience loved them being together, and then BAMN Alex all of the sudden loves a annie who he doesn't even really know... Then Lorna goes insane...  Then somehow they're out in space and in love again but.... SIGH...

-Scott and Jean... Well we all know what they did to Scott and Jean...

-Scott and Emma...  Sure, that happened to help break Scott and Jean up, but now that most of us are happy with Scott and Emma being together the writers will likely use Schism to break the two of them up...  I'd almost be willing to bet hard cash on that...

- Kitty and Colossus - Who doesn't love these two as a couple?  First she's too young for him... THEN he's too dead... But he get's better and comes back to life.  They have a couple of good days together and then she gets shot off into space in a giant bullet.  THEN Magneto brings her back but SHE CAN'T UNPHASE so that can't even touch!!!  Okay, so in the last issue of uncanny X-Men that was dealt with and she can unphase again.  I give them about two MAYBE three issues before they're split up over something...  Maybe one of them dies AGAIN... Maybe they choose opposite sides in Schism... Who knows..  But we, the audience, WANT them together, ergo they can't stay together...

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Kairan1979

- Who hasn't wanted Gambit and Rogue to get together all these years... And now that it's FINALLY possible, she's with great great grandfather magneto???

First, Magneto was de-aged, his body is about 40 years old now. And second, Logan is much older than "grandfather Magneto", and nobody calls him creepy old man and cradle robber.

I still have hopes for Hellion and X-23 (if only writers stop crippling Hellion and give him some time to develop his relationship with Laura).
    cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By cosmo111687
    @WeaponCatfish1 said:
    Before criticizing somebody else's thread, look into the mirror ask yourself "Could u write better than her?"
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Timandm
    @Kairan1979 said:

First, Magneto was de-aged, his body is about 40 years old now. And second, Logan is much older than "grandfather Magneto", and nobody calls him creepy old man and cradle robber.  I still have hopes for Hellion and X-23 (if only writers stop crippling Hellion and give him some time to develop his relationship with Laura).
    Well, since most of us WANT Hellion and X-23 to end up together, the writers will drag it out for  years... (like with Rogue and Gambit) and if it finally does happen, it'll last for about five minutes.

When was Magneto de-aged?  In the issue in which He and Rogue 'hooked up' we saw that he was a young man in 1942.  He had to be at least 16 then.  Seventy years later he has to be around 86 years old...  In the comics he still LOOKS old, although that could just be bad art.

Your point about Logan being with younger women is a good one...  I guess I hadn't thought about it much before because he "looks" like he's in his 30s when he's actually closer to.. um.. almost 200?  So, you're absolutely right about that.   And since Logan just killed Mystique it'll be hard for him to date within his own age range... Unless he starts dating Asgardians, Olympians, or eternals...Which wouldn't be altogether bad.

So, Magneto is in his 40s now?  How did that happen? 
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Timandm

So, Magneto is in his 40s now?  How did that happen?  

It happened in Manifest Destiny when High Evolutionary restored his powers.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Timandm
    @Kairan1979: Thanks, I'll have to read that...
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By labarith

If X-Factor is to be believed, Scott and Emma are still going strong in X years. 

In all seriousness, I'd have said Scott + Jean before reading the affair... now, at best, we have Gambit/Rogue (if they can figure out what to do with them) and Kitty/Collosus, which will only last as long as they're both alive... and I I fear for "generic strong guy" if super-interesting teleporter can bite it for no reason. 

Jean/Wolverine might be interesting... and let's not forget Storm/BP...

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kairan1979
    @labarith

Jean/Wolverine might be interesting... 

My thoughts exactly.
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have much hope for any of the X relationships. Too much drama and angst are needed to keep the partnerships interesting, especially in the case of Warren and Betsy. None of these characters have the stability than Susan Storm and Reed Richards have. 

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By time1
    @cosmo111687 said:

@WeaponCatfish1 said:

Before criticizing somebody else's thread, look into the mirror ask yourself "Could u write better than her?"
    @Thunderscream said:

@WeaponCatfish1: You're giving people grief about criticizing Greg Land's art and then you go and criticize someone's thread?.....

@The Dark Huntress said:

@WeaponCatfish1 said:

English isn't her first language. Give her a freaking break.

I appreciate your support. I hope you like my thread.  I find it very strange that someone would create thread to critcize  people's views on Greg Land art and then criticize someone esle thread, when they put quite a bit of effort into it, it's abit a rude.   
    The Dark Huntress,  Thunderscream, and   cosmo111687, what do you think, is there future for any X-Men couples?.   

@WeaponCatfish1

said:

By way, I injured my right hand and I'm right-handed. So it  took me a while to type this thread. So my spelling is a a bit off, big deal. It's not like people can't understand what I am saying. I am getting the message across. 

I would love to see a Jean Grey and Wolverine relationship. That would be so interesting  
    I would love to see a Jean Grey and Wolverine relationship. That would be so interesting  
    ssstarquin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By ssstarquin
    @PhoenixoftheTides said:
    I don't really have much hope for any of the X relationships. Too much drama and angst are needed to keep the partnerships interesting, especially in the case of Warren and Betsy. None of these characters have the stability than Susan Storm and Reed Richards have. 
    careful.. if marvel reads tat sues gonna die nd reeds gonna admit ther romance was a fling nd hed secretly been thinking he was gay da whole time...  
    IMO da main problem is tat writers think predictable=bad comics.. nd extend it to include relationships... ther 4getting tat a superhero relationship cud traverse along da same path as a normal couple's  romance wud... which is wat got them to split jean/scott.... to play out a fantasy tat 1 writer had.... i mean if ppl want real realtionships in comics then scott/jean wud have been together... but realtionships have been used by writers to cater to the fantasises of both da writers and da readers... i mean have u noticed ALL da females in da comics are pretty nd hot... IMO da writers shud let da long term couples be nd not try to scar them just 4 plot substitutes... instead they cud focus on coupling new characters or play with aldready established playboy characters like bobby ,angel etc...
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Thunderscream
    @time:  I just wish they'd shake things up a bit. I guess Schism is gonna pull Scott & Emma apart....but I've actually gotten used to them as a couple. I despise the Rogue/Gambit/Magneto thing, I think they're all terrible for each other.
    I'd like to see Gambit get together with Scarlet Witch now that she's back in the picture.....I bet that'd really boil Mags's bacon :P

I think Iceman needs some lovin, and not just a cheap smooch from Mystique. Maybe he and Dazzler could make sweet music together :)

I DON'T wanna see Jean and Wolverine together if she ever does return. I think maybe she'd be better suited with someone not associated with X-Men, maybe an Avenger or even a baseline human with a passion for life (I hope when she does come back that she's either powerless or totally severed from the Phoenix force)

I could take or leave Warren and Betsy's on and off flings, yeah, they're both wealthy instruments of death, but he's so stiff and she's a free spirit. I wonder if Fantomex's advances will bare any fruit...
    cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24  Edited By cosmo111687
    @time: I just don't see much happiness in the future of any X-Men characters. The last 25 years of X-Men books have been filled with absolutely horrifying events that would've driven any sane person mad. And by the looks of it, things are only going to get worse before they get...well, worse...The only couples I see having any hope for are Kitty Pryde and Colossus, Storm and Black Panther, Captain Britain and Meggan, Nightcrawler and Amanda Sefton (presuming that Nightcrawler will return from the dead some time soon), Angel Salvadore and Beak, and possibly Jamie Maddox and Layla Miller. But I just don't see any hope for Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma, or Jean. (Unless if Emma decides to leave Cyclops for Namor...but even then she'll likely always regret never making her relationship with Cyclops work...) And when I think of X-23's chances for finding love, I just come near to tears. The poor thing. It'll have to take somebody absolutely perfect to give her what she really needs. But for a teenage girl in the world of Marvel, such a person is in short supply.
    Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Chesapeake

Nice blog
    rsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rsummers

I'm still rooting for Kitty & Colossus, Havok & Polaris, and Rogue & Gambit...
    They seem like the most genuine to me. I know that some of people may disagree with me on that, but that my opinion lol

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Timandm
    @rsummers said:
    I'm still rooting for Kitty & Colossus, Havok & Polaris, and Rogue & Gambit... They seem like the most genuine to me. I know that some of people may disagree with me on that, but that my opinion lol
    Well, Kitty and Colossus ARE together at the moment.  And she's solid again.... So...   
    Also, Havok and Polaris are together out in space and making their way back to earth, so it's possible for them...
    Rogue, however, just hooked up with Magneto... (Major Sigh)
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Kallarkz
    @rsummers said:
    I'm still rooting for Kitty & Colossus, Havok & Polaris, and Rogue & Gambit... They seem like the most genuine to me. I know that some of people may disagree with me on that, but that my opinion lol
    This. I am also hoping that the upcoming split of teams does not make Cyclops and Emma go separate ways. They keep mentioning you will be "shocked" to see what happens and who chooses which side so my gut is telling me that for extra shock value for this team split they are gonna finally break up this awesome couple.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Timandm
    @Kallarkz said:
    @rsummers said:
    This. I am also hoping that the upcoming split of teams does not make Cyclops and Emma go separate ways. They keep mentioning you will be "shocked" to see what happens and who chooses which side so my gut is telling me that for extra shock value for this team split they are gonna finally break up this awesome couple.
    Yeah, I think you're right...  Marvel has already showed 'teasers' that suggest there will be problems between Scott and Emma...

But I think the determining factor is this:  We the audience LIKE Emma and  Scott as a couple... We the audience WANT Scott and Emma to remain a couple... THEREFORE, the writers will break them up...
    Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By TerryBogard2014

well i think in general comic book super hero relationships have no real future.eventually the writers wanna do something new with em so they break em up or kill one of them.interaction is fun to see but it kinda becomes moot to get fond of any parings after a while

MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrSeaman70

I really think they should have left the Rogue-Gambit , Cyclops-Jean, and Colossus-Kitty relationships alone and not mess them.

It was ok for them to throw in Magneto, Psylocke, and Pete Wisdom to make the above a love triangle but that's it.. they shouldn't do partner switching back and forth all the time.

MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrSeaman70

If anybody's wondering about Magneto and Rogue, these pics should be a very obvious answer :P Yucks... 

If there's an X-4 movie, please oh please don't show them tongue flicking each other... I don't even want to see Magneto naked.. LOL

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Timandm
    @MrSeaman70 said:

If anybody's wondering about Magneto and Rogue, these pics should be a very obvious answer :P Yucks... 

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

If there's an X-4 movie, please oh please don't show them tongue flicking each other... I don't even want to see Magneto naked.. LOL

Um.... I don't care WHAT age Magneto is, I don't want to see him naked....
    Like most, I HATED seeing Magneto and Rogue hooked up in X-Men Legacy, but someone pointed something out that I hadn't considered.  It seems, Magneto has been "de-aged" by the High Evolutionary... I haven't read that but it's likely.  It sounds very much like Marvel.   With that in mind, Magneto hooking up with a much younger woman is no more gross than Wolverine doing the same thing...  Don't you think?

Although, I STILL hate the idea of the two of them together since she's led Gambit on for so long....
    Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aero_gt

Magneto hooking out with any other X-chicks would be just as bad as Wolverine's old arse hooking up with any of them (He's like the Edward cullen of Marvel.)Anywho mag should either find a woman around his age and marry her or at least be a better father to his kids and keep it in his pants.(He's almost as potent as scott.)Wolverine is a loner and he'd outlive anyone he'd hook up with anyway, he should stay focused on the many marvel teams he's on and perhaps be a good father figure aswell.  

Rogue and Gambit, the love/lust is there, but I don't really see them meshing out it's kinda like a later version of Jean and Scott to me. He'd finally get the girl, they marry, they bone, then the problems happen and Gambit for the most would walk out on him and she'd divorce him.They aren't really secure about themselve to be with another for a long relationship quite yet. Perhaps after Gambit is done with his old life and aged a bit more and she  gets older or even dates someone else for a bit so she'd have a little taste of the good and bad , before just lumping with him. I mean I see there relationship like this Gambit would be like a soldier going on tour in Iraq and Rogue would be the struggling wife that has to deal with the long departure. He stays away from the woman quite often and Rogue is subsceptible to the flatters of possible male suitors.  

Kitty and Colosus are yada yada cute, they are both young and whatnot, but they haven't really had any adult relationship problems. To me it's more like a highschool relationship that's not really meant to go that far after they've grown up. It depends on the strength of both their feeling  and adaptability to last. 

Alex and Larna should be for the most part ok, sure they have their ups and down, but they know eachother quite well. Nothing should break them apart short of one dying (a lot of these couples seem to only leave from this, but usually run back as soon as they are revived.) The too have been together so long in space and have love for eachother, but only the writers could mess this up. 

Scott and Jean. No, never worked out when she was alive, never worked out when she died, never worked out when she came back to life, never gonna work. Jean just needs new beau, preferably away from any x-men that Scott is in. Take away her phoenix force, but allow her to keep her original tp and tk powers. Her beau sure a heck does not ever need to be wolverine, that would just divide Scott and Logan soooo much further. Or Jean should just die as fast as she comes back, but for good because the X-men already have replacements for her, I.E. Emma(Scott's girl and Tp),Psylocke(person with tp and tk), Madelye Pryor(evil version of Jean), Hope Summers(phoenix holder and abiltities), Rachel Summer(Marevl girl), and any other Telepaths that female. 

Scott and Emma this couple should last longer than Jean and scott did and be happier. The two are very powerful and influencial mutants in the Marvel universe. they both have and are aware of the other's flaws, they are both are leaders, are withen each other's age, are both fit, and so on. Only the writer's could mess this up. The two most likely won't have an affair on the other. Emma is pretty much the only one that truly understands him and Scott understands her aswell. 

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By Gambit1024

Great blog! 

Kitty and Colossus Forever.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#36  Edited By Dracade102

Am I the only person on ComicVIne who doesn't hate the Magento & Rogue thing?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Dracade102
    you are not the only one. 
    Honestly, I'm sick and tired of endless stories with Gambit/Rogue pairing on ff.net, so even Magneto is better for a change.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#38  Edited By Dracade102
    @Kairan1979 said:
    @Dracade102:  you are not the only one.  Honestly, I'm sick and tired of endless stories with Gambit/Rogue pairing on ff.net, so even Magneto is better for a change.
    Precisely.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Timandm
    @Aero_gt
    Anywho mag should either find a woman around his age and marry her...
    Well, both Destiny and Mystique are dead at the moment, but Mystique should be back shortly.... And mags could TRY dating an Asgardian... THAT could work...  But since he's about 85, dating women his age is going to be a problem...

Rogue and Gambit, the love/lust is there, but I don't really see them meshing out it's kinda like a later version of Jean and Scott to me. He'd finally get the girl, they marry, they bone, then 
    They "bone?"  They marry and then "BONE?"   You're such a romantic.  LOL!   But X-Men don't wait till after marriage to "bone" each other...
    And I DO think the love was there, but the writers have dragged it on so long now, that it's just stale and we no longer give a rat's ass...

Kitty and Colosus are yada yada cute, they are both young and whatnot, but they haven't really had any adult relationship problems.
    Well, other than being dead or intangible...  And there was the thing with Zaji (sp?) The healer that Colossus fell in love with during Secret Wars...  But if these two can both manage to be alive at the SAME time, WHITE Kitty is tangible, maybe they'll get a freaking CHANCE to have adult problems...  But, yeah, they definitely are cute...  The metal giant, the ghost, and the dragon.  
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Timandm
    @Dracade102 said:
    No, I'm pretty sure there's one other person...
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mercy_

@Timandm said:

@Dracade102 said:
    No, I'm pretty sure there's one other person...

Raises hand.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Timandm
    @The Dark Huntress: Okay, that makes three!  Now, we have a quorum... 
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By time1

To be honest. I am not that bothered about  Magneto and Rogue. I think it's interesting to see, it hasn't work between Rogue and Gambit, maybe it will work between them. I think in the world of superheros and fantasy etc, I don't  think age really matters. Looks at Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel was 200 years old and Buffy was in high school. I guess in the comic world, it doesn't really matter. It's nice to see something new, instead of Emma and Scott all the time.
    Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#44  Edited By Samimista

Just like in soap operas no comic couple is happy for long.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I think that as long as the X-Men are always in a war, then their relationships will never fully have the happy ending they wanted.  Also, the writers tend to always do something crazy with their relationships like hook them up with the most unlikely person or have one of the couples die or break up with the other.  I think they will eventually have a good relationship with each other if they ever stop fighting in a war to survive, which won't happen anytime soon.
    Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Larkin1388
    @PhoenixoftheTides said:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.