Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Awards: Best Villain Moment

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

Try to get some movement on the page..

So!

Which of these nominees wins the Best X-Men Villain Moment

and the nominees are

No Caption Provided

Mystique....the death of Moira Mactaggert

No Caption Provided

Magneto....Destroying the Earths Magnetic Field

No Caption Provided

Mr. Sinister.....The Morlock Massacre

No Caption Provided

Cassandra Nova....Destruction of Genosha

Or a write in? State your arguments

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to top Cassandra Nova's actions.

Maybe Dark Phoenix?? She did destroy a galaxy after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cassandra Nova

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mr. Sinister or Cassandra Nova

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of those listed, i'd have to go with the morlock massacre. Personal write in? Going with the general Magneto bad-assery in the fatal attractions storyline

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yea, I left Dark Phoenix out intentionally the whole star eating thing and the fact that she's a cosmic threat made it unfair...especially after I couldn't think of a big Apocalypse moment to top her.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Magneto's had the best, in my opinion. The first panel above is from when he tore the adamantium out of Wolverine's body. The other panels are from X-Men 113, when he basically takes everything the All New, All Different lineup has, and beats them each down. That has one of Scott's best lines - "We could beat anyone working as a team...but after all of our practice, everyone is just going at him one at a time!" (paraphrasing).

I also liked Emma's first appearances:

No Caption Provided

The Mutant Massacre always stands out for wanton death and character defining moments for Angel and Psylocke (plus it features the first meeting of Artie and Leech among the mayhem, and the art consistently does a good job at conveying the idea that they are children that are happy to find other kids among adults...a point often lost since the X-Men primarily took on teenagers):

And finally...a villain shooting a gun finally manages to kill someone in comic book land (doesn't happen often):

No Caption Provided

I think I tend towards the vintage-'80s era, because those villains actually seemed more lethal than they are now. Somehow, super-buff swordsmen/assassins/agents aren't so scary compared to supervillains with a versatile powerset that aren't afraid to show exactly what they can do with their powerset. That whole adage that the scariest villain is the one who gains a little power or the power to get what they want applies here.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Oh yea, the Adamantium rips are serious. Though Magneto slapping around the ADAD team is probably a defining moment for the team.

And Cypher....is it possible that the greatest Villain act may have come from someone who's name no one remembers?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.