Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Anonymous- What have you read?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lol for my X-Men Addicts/Well informed fans. No judgement...just say or list everything you've read and maybe a few thoughts on them.

*Also remember to start with "I'm _______ and I'm an X-Addict....." it shows honesty...and makes it fun

So-

I'm Koays...and I'm an X-Men addict....

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BaBaBoom

I'm BaBaBoom and I'm an X-Addict (that sounds like I'm a former addict lol)..... It all started when I watched this animated T.V. show called X-Men Evolution and saw a character named X-23. The character intrigued me since I have never heard of her in any other version of the X-Men be it in movies, cartoons or video games. So I looked her up and found her wikipedia page most intriguing. I wanted to know more and to see her story unfold but, alas, I am a penniless teenager at the time.... However, a friend of mine thought me the ways of the pirate, he was like, "Hey, bro, dude, I totally gots myself the entire run of Green Lantern comics from all the way back to last month. You totes have to read 'em all to unerstan the story since DC will never reboot their entire franchise, ever!" (He may, or may not have, actually talked like that.) I was like, "Hey, bro, dude, the ways of the pirate is formidable, albeit sketchy and morally wrong, but why stop at Green Lantern? The bay of pirates have loads of other choices and they are within my reach, albeit risk my computing apparatus to be afflicted with a strange disease." And that's how my journey through the rabbit hole that is the X-Men universe began...

Starting with X-23: Innocence Lost and followed by X-23: Target X. I struggled through NYX: Wannabe and the Claremont run on Uncanny X-men that featured X-23. Then, finally, I reached the New X-Men series created by Chris Yost and Craig Kyle. I read it and loved every moment of it. The characters pulled me deeper with in the X-men universe and the entire Marvel Universe. I started back tracking after reading all the way before the start of Messiah Complex. I told to myself, "I totes have to read EVERY SERIES involved in this cross over event.... What the hell is M-Day anyway?" So, I read everything from House of M up to the issues leading up to Messiah Complex. I read New Mutants vol. 2/New X-men: Academy X, X-Factor Investigations, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-men and various series. (This is also the time when I got into the Runaways and Young Avengers.) All with the help of the ways of the pirate. I, then, read Messiah Complex then Divided We Stand, got disappointed with Young X-men, and then Manifest Destiny. X-Force sated my thirst for more X-23 and I treated as the actual sequel to New X-Men. I got introduced to Dark Reign an event that I didn't know how it happened so I back tracked again. Got to read everything from Civil War to Secret Invasion and up to Dark Reign. Afterwards, Utopia happened and most of the NXM kids became wallpaper. I got into Teen Titans comics and eventually delved into DC comics and Vertigo but, this is the story of how I got addicted to X-men comics. Messiah War and Necrosha soon followed, events that I love and finally Wither's story concluded. Then, finally, Cable and Hope found their way back to the present and Second Coming started. This would be the FIRST event that I would actually be able to follow in real time, although I'm following it as a pirate. I love all of the Messiah Trilogy and still think that they are the best X-Events. After this, the X-23 on-going was announced and, at this time, I became old enough to get a part-time job. I decided to let go of my pirating ways and by all the books that I have wrongfully procured. I have now collected a book shelf full of trade-paper-backs but, I did not buy everything simply because some are not worth it and I'm not rich. I now have a subscription to Marvel Unlimited so, I guess, that covers all of them anyway.

I am BaBaBoom and I'm an X-men addict.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.