X-men Anniversary

#1 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been waiting for this year to come for a few years now. 2013 will be the 50th year of the X-men. Much of 2013 is gonna stem from the ending of AVX, so my resolution is to buy all X-title books(even WatX).

Does anyone have any ideas for covers? Are you gonna pick up all of the variants for this special occasion?

I had an idea that Colossus would be painting on a canvas of the original costumes of the X-men and all the other X-men would be mad at the depictions while he shrugs while looking at the reader. (Fold out cover obviously)

#2 Posted by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

U know it's 2012 right?

#3 Posted by Rickbarry (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: What?! I've only got seven months until the planet explodes. -Plays Call of Duty.-

#4 Posted by Dman1366 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

wait what? You are going to buy every x book? including silver-age? because some of the Kirby/Lee or early Claremont issues aren't cheap. if you are talk about recent ones, do you understand how many there are? The mutants may be going extinct, but their books aren't. I swear, there is one book for every mutant. Don't get me wrong, i love the mutants. I just think that your plan is a little overzealous. It's just a 50th anniversary. plus with the way avx is going, Marvel is going to have to do a lot of character repair.

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@papad1992: What?! I've only got seven months until the planet explodes. -Plays Call of Duty.-

?

#6 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's 2012 but i'm anticipating the big year. And I'm only going to buy the current runs of books. Did anything happen for the web-crawlers 50th anniversary yet so I don't get my hopes up?

#7 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

If Colossus doesn't get his act together he might be eating paintbrushes with a side of canvas by the xmen 50th anniversary!Juggernaut powers need to go, or he need to gain full control while staying in his regular form/non bald. Otherwise thats a great idea and would make a classic cover that you came up with!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.