Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Anime: How did you feel about it?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

How did you felt about this show?

Personally, I liked the way that they combined two different storylines (Proteus and the John Sublime storyline in Grant Morrison's New X-Men) and created one story line from it. I also loved their portrayal of Wolverine in this version since he was like the Wolverine I grew up with and loved (gruff and wild)! I guess if there was a problem I had with this show was that it ended too soon, especially when we were able to see some more X-Men characters appear in the final episode. I would like to see them make some more episodes of this series!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love the costumes, love the art, love the storylines. I wish they didnt start with killing jean grey and had more characters as mainstays

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the costumes, love the art, love the storylines. I wish they didnt start with killing jean grey and had more characters as mainstays

I agree. It was kind of a shame that they killed Jean Grey off so early, but I did enjoy the storylines. I only wish they made more episodes where the other X-men would show up.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alak

Beast was pretty cool. The rest of the cast was hit-or-miss depending on the episode. The finale was a bit underwhelming and considering the potential that this series could have reached, I felt a bit let down. It wasn't nearly as good as the Iron Man anime (although, I hear it was loads better than the Wolverine one).

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

Beast was pretty cool. The rest of the cast was hit-or-miss depending on the episode. The finale was a bit underwhelming and considering the potential that this series could have reached, I felt a bit let down. It wasn't nearly as good as the Iron Man anime (although, I hear it was loads better than the Wolverine one).

I agree that the finale was a bit of a let down, only because we never got a chance to see the rest of the X-Men join the team.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog:

Yeah, and they even teased Jean being alive but never really expanded on it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have taken a different approach. I felt there was a lot of wasted opportunity and characters. Especially the last scene where night crawler, deadpool, colossus, were randomly shown lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8 god_spawn  Moderator

Awful.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

I would have taken a different approach. I felt there was a lot of wasted opportunity and characters. Especially the last scene where night crawler, deadpool, colossus, were randomly shown lol

I agree. I really wish they actually showed the rest of the X-Men with the main cast instead of showing them at the end and then ending the show on that note.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chasereis

I took at as a half assed "gimme yo money disney" attempt by Madhouse. Remember most animation groups in good ole Nippon aren't found of Disney too much.

GoldRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GoldRaven

They portrayed Storm as this weak woman that needed to hide behind Logan and Beast during fights. It was unbelievable I also hated the voice actor for Storm, Cyclops and Emma Frost. The animation was pretty decent but overall it was such a lacklustre series especially as it followed a good series in Wolverine and The X-Men.

I really think they tried more to adapt comic stories to fit into the movie world and it would explain the reason Storm looked like she was modelled after Halle Berry and Scott was a sobbing idiot. I guess at the very least they portrayed him as a leader and an equal to Wolverine. And I agree that the team should have had more members. The inclusion of Armour in my opinion was stupid. She acted like your generic female side-kick and was annoying throughout the series. If they wanted to utilise a Japanese character they could have used Jubilee, or they should have written armour's role much better. I think it had a lot of potential but it came waay short of it.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

They portrayed Storm as this weak woman that needed to hide behind Logan and Beast during fights. It was unbelievable I also hated the voice actor for Storm, Cyclops and Emma Frost. The animation was pretty decent but overall it was such a lacklustre series especially as it followed a good series in Wolverine and The X-Men.

I really think they tried more to adapt comic stories to fit into the movie world and it would explain the reason Storm looked like she was modelled after Halle Berry and Scott was a sobbing idiot. I guess at the very least they portrayed him as a leader and an equal to Wolverine. And I agree that the team should have had more members. The inclusion of Armour in my opinion was stupid. She acted like your generic female side-kick and was annoying throughout the series. If they wanted to utilise a Japanese character they could have used Jubilee, or they should have written armour's role much better. I think it had a lot of potential but it came waay short of it.

I also didn't like the way they portrayed Armor in this show. I liked it better when Joss Whedon portrayed her character in his run as Armor was shown as a strong and competent fighter. They sort of made her too bubbly in this show.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@goldraven said:

Storm's portrayal (for what i managed to stay along for the ride and see) was also my major quibble, that opening arc epi where she fainted after attacking that monster--i know it's somewhat the standard in Animes for the females to be nothing more than objectified damsel-in-distresses--was a bit much. And i don't blame it on Ellis.

But i don't think Wolverine and The X-Men was any better, that was almost just as bad save for the cinematic effect i usually got.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.