X-Men 205 SPOILERS

#1 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

In a nutshell: Cable is alive and has the baby.

#2 Posted by Shatterstar (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

So he's a woman now?

#3 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

So what can this baby do?

#4 Posted by Shatterstar (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it adorable?

#5 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. But seriously they say that this baby is a mutant and it has powers when its a baby. So when mutants usually gain there powers they show signs of it or just burst with it. (

#6 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOSH! Really. I knew Cable wasn't dead. BUT HE HAS THE BABY. What is the baby's powers. It fried Cerebra by being born.

But Shatterstar, IS Cable a woman. I hope not.

#7 Posted by Shatterstar (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

You heard it here first, Cable had a baby. So either its some new Shi'ar man-uterus technology or he's officially been retconned to have been a female all along.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh now it's interesting.

#9 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course this means that the baby is Jean, and Cable gave birth to his own mother.

#10 Posted by Shatterstar (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Time travel is wacky.

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#12 Posted by Mr Essex (18 posts) - - Show Bio

The baby is a girl.

Cable's still a boy.

Gambit tells Wolverine that Cable is still alive and they show Cable holding the baby at the end of the story. I'm thinking more and more that Gambit IS just a mole in Sinister's camp. What's odd is that when Gambit and Sunfire attacked Cable on Providence, Gambit said he wanted to ask Cable's computer a question "about de TIME. We're thinking it's one minute before DAWN" At the end of X-Men issue 205, Cable says "One minute before Dawn, kid. We're doing Fine." If Gambit IS a mole, who's side is he on? Cable's? Or the X-Men's? Cable doesn't seem to be directly aligned with the X-Men as he allowed them to all belive him to be dead. A circumstance that Gambit helped set up. Perhaps these two have their own agenda?

#13 Posted by Mr Essex (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#14 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope you're joking with the Cable being a woman thing. He didn't give birth to the child. He simply removed it from its birthplace, rather than the Marauders or the Purifiers as we were led to believe. That being said, I KNEW Cable was at the bottom of this. Who else could possibly be the mutant messiah? It's already been said all over the place since his character was invented.

That being said, does Sinister know? That would explain what he said to Angel about his misdirections not impressing or interesting him. If not, how did Gambit conceal that information from Sinister?

Any thoughts as to what Cable will do with the child? Take it to the past/future? Has he rebuilt Greymalkin? Does he still share the body-sliding problem with Deadpool, and if so, can that be exploited? Seems he has his Telepathy back, or how would he hide from Sinister/Emma/Prof. X?

Also, what about Rogue?? And what's up with the sentinels??

All in all, I'm thoroughly enjoying the story arc thus far. Many more questions than answers in each issue.

Post Edited:2007-11-29 18:03:32

#15 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Gambit might be working for some third party, and he clued Cable about 'one minute before dawn' to let him know what he should do. I'm pretty much saying that because Cable hasn't tried to contact the X-men. That may also be because he thinks there is a traitor amongst them, who knows? I'm pretty excited about this story arc because it unfolds week by week with not much waiting.

The Sentinels, my guess is they were taken over by the same thing that possessed that robot chick that was on the X-men.

There's a preview at the end of this book for Chapter 6, theres a b&w variant cover on the right corner. I guess behind Cyclops is his new secret weapon, anyone recognize that guy? He looks sorta familiar.

#16 Posted by Golem (760 posts) - - Show Bio

This just goes to show why I hate cable... he comes back without an explanation, leaving it for some unspecified time later. Plus, Deadpool is much better.

#17 Posted by Frisco (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone should post pictures ... just say'n.

#18 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"The Sentinels, my guess is they were taken over by the same thing that possessed that robot chick that was on the X-men.There's a preview at the end of this book for Chapter 6, theres a b&w variant cover on the right corner. I guess behind Cyclops is his new secret weapon, anyone recognize that guy? He looks sorta familiar."

1) I highly doubt Malice took over the sentinels. She is inhabiting Omega Sentinel right now, and i in the middle of the battle between the X-Men and Marauders.

2) The big guy behind Cyclops is Gentle. For more info on him you can just check his page here. I have a feeling he's going to play a big role, as his powers are impressive, and put massive strain on his body. He may end up dying, as he has said that using his powers will eventually kill him.

As for Goelm's complaints: The reason there is no explanation that he's back is because he just reappeared in this issue. Not sure what the second part was. If you meant he's going to leave for an unspecified amount of time...I don't see how you can back that up. If you mean he's been missing for an indeterminate amount of time, he was last seen in X-Men #200. Also, I like Deadpool, but that doesn't mean I can't like Cable too. Especially since he's such a dynamic character (hence his huge role in this, the biggest event of the decade for the X-Men).

Post Edited:2007-11-29 22:31:56

#19 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I never thought that Cable died. I mean he does have his telekinesis back. I'm thinking telekinetic force strong enough to catapault him miles away while protecting him with a skintight force field.

I need to go get this book. Ch. 5 and Ch. 4.

#20 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly recommend it. All the characters and storylines merge throughout the books, rather than each book following its own sub-plot. All around good stroytelling, IMO.

#21 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone thought that Cable really died in X-Men 200 they need to get their common sense adjusted.

#22 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if I believed he was dead, I'd call it more wishful thinking.

#23 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

woohoo it's about time he's back.

#24 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wonder why they are cancelling Cable/Deadpool and replacing it with a new Cable solo. Maybe there are plans for Deadpool elsewhere? They should put him on the new X-Force to counter the emo.

#25 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to miss Cable/Deadpool... I hope Deadpool finds a nice new home soon, and hopefully the new Cable solo doesn't disappoint me.

#26 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable's got some serious sh-- to deal with now. I'm sure him and the merc will get back together.... one day.

#27 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

I never realized Cable was so popular.

#28 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Maybe there are plans for Deadpool elsewhere? They should put him on the new X-Force to counter the emo."

What exactly do you think is emo about the new X-Force? Wolverine is pretty stoic and generally portrayed ass the biggest badass in the X-Men. Warpath is just awesome. I'm so glad they brought him back into the picture. Wolfsbane is pretty formidable and feral as of late. X-23, I don't know a whole lot about, but she's definitely tough. Put them together and I think you've probably got the least emo X-Team ever.

Gambler, how could you not realize Cable was so popular? He's been in the picture for 17 years now, has had multiple ongoing series, and is one of, if not the most powerful mutant ever. I said from the start of Messiah CompleX that Cable must have something to do with it. He's been touted as the mutant messiah pretty much since his character was introduced. You might not like him, but he's definitely a fan favorite, and a huge player in the X-Books.

That said, I still want to know if him and Deadpool have the bodyslide gene mix-up going on. Can anyone clear this up for me? Could be a huge weakness for him if that's the case

#29 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"fesak says:
"Maybe there are plans for Deadpool elsewhere? They should put him on the new X-Force to counter the emo."

What exactly do you think is emo about the new X-Force? Wolverine is pretty stoic and generally portrayed ass the biggest badass in the X-Men. Warpath is just awesome. I'm so glad they brought him back into the picture. Wolfsbane is pretty formidable and feral as of late. X-23, I don't know a whole lot about, but she's definitely tough. Put them together and I think you've probably got the least emo X-Team ever.

Gambler, how could you not realize Cable was so popular? He's been in the picture for 17 years now, has had multiple ongoing series, and is one of, if not the most powerful mutant ever. I said from the start of Messiah CompleX that Cable must have something to do with it. He's been touted as the mutant messiah pretty much since his character was introduced. You might not like him, but he's definitely a fan favorite, and a huge player in the X-Books.

That said, I still want to know if him and Deadpool have the bodyslide gene mix-up going on. Can anyone clear this up for me? Could be a huge weakness for him if that's the case"

What? Most powerful mutant ever? LMFAO.....HAHAHAHAHAHA.........I cant breath.........HAHAHAHAHA. Oh I'm sorry, you where serious. Fan favorite? I can tell from all the Cable avatars on here that he's truly loved o_o Is that why they keep re-tooling him? The guys had more make overs then Joan Rivers.

#30 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

So you kinda missed the past ten years or so of X-Men books? Cable had the potential to be the most powerful mutant ever (except perhaps, for Franklin Richards) before being infected with the TO virus. This has been well documented. Look at X-Man. Look at Stryfe. That is the kind of power Cable has. Who would you argue is the most powerful mutant? Jean Grey? Not without Phoenix. Professor X? Nope, Nate Grey dragged him out of the astral plane. Anyone else? Nope. I understand you don't like the character, but he is immensely powerful.

And yes, he is a fan favorite. That's why he's been a constant for the past 15 years or so. You're really letting blind prejudice cloud your judgement here. Cable fought toe-to-toe with Apocalypse. He formed X-Force. His character was so popular, they had 3 of him running around at once (Nate, Cable, Stryfe). Sinister bred Cable to be just that, the most powerful mutant ever. The product of crossing the Summers and Grey genetic templates.

He has already managed to fool all of the X-Men, including Emma and Professor X, not to mention Sinister. He has kept himself and the child hidden from EVERYONE. So who has more power than that? I think you'll find the answer is NO ONE. With the notable exception of the child.

Post Edited:2007-11-30 14:57:36

#31 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"fesak says:

... o_O

X-23 is emo personificated, and have you seen the cover for issue 1?

#32 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"So you kinda missed the past ten years or so of X-Men books? Cable had the potential to be the most powerful mutant ever (except perhaps, for Franklin Richards) before being infected with the TO virus. This has been well documented. Look at X-Man. Look at Stryfe. That is the kind of power Cable has. Who would you argue is the most powerful mutant? Jean Grey? Not without Phoenix. Professor X? Nope, Nate Grey dragged him out of the astral plane. Anyone else? Nope. I understand you don't like the character, but he is immensely powerful.And yes, he is a fan favorite. That's why he's been a constant for the past 15 years or so. You're really letting blind prejudice cloud your judgement here. Cable fought toe-to-toe with Apocalypse. He formed X-Force. His character was so popular, they had 3 of him running around at once (Nate, Cable, Stryfe). Sinister bred Cable to be just that, the most powerful mutant ever. The product of crossing the Summers and Grey genetic templates.He has already managed to fool all of the X-Men, including Emma and Professor X, not to mention Sinister. He has kept himself and the child hidden from EVERYONE. So who has more power than that? I think you'll find the answer is NO ONE. With the notable exception of the child.
Post Edited:2007-11-30 14:57:36"

Wanda, Magneto, Xavier, Phoenix, Cassandra Nova, Jim Jaspers, maybe even Storm. There are others, like Vulcan, Iceman, so on an so on. He looked REAL powerful getting his ass handed to him by Sunfire and Gambit. Potential? Everyone has potential. He is powerful, never said he wasn't, but to call him the MOST powerful is laughable.

#33 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I admit he might not be the most powerful mutant ever (Wanda apparently had the most power out of anyone in the universe, the way Strange explained it). I'd still put him right at the top, above Magneto, Professor X, or Jean. Don't know much about Jaspers, so I'll give you that. And once more I am forced to point out that Cable did not "get his ass handed to him" by Sunfire and Gambit. He initiated the self-destruct, which blew up the island. This was the opposite of a victory for them. Sinister wanted that information. They failed. Cable got the baby. He won. Very possibly with an assist FROM Gambit. Of all the players on the board in this story, Cable has demonstrated the most power in my opinion. Certainly more than Storm or Professor X, who are the only ones active out of those you mentioned (except for Bobby, but he's obviously not in their league anyway, if you want to take potential out of it). It may not be raw "I can take on the world, manipulate matter at the atmoic level" stuff, but certainly the power of will, strategy and allocation of resources. If we're taking potential out of the equation, I think Cable's definitely more powerful than anyone around.

Let me put this another way that's hopefully not as confrontational: Who do you think is capable of taking the baby from Cable? Who do you think will end up with the child? Who would you NOT laugh at as a candidate for most powerful mutant? Vulcan? That just makes me sad.

#34 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"Alright, I admit he might not be the most powerful mutant ever (Wanda apparently had the most power out of anyone in the universe, the way Strange explained it). I'd still put him right at the top, above Magneto, Professor X, or Jean. Don't know much about Jaspers, so I'll give you that. And once more I am forced to point out that Cable did not "get his ass handed to him" by Sunfire and Gambit. He initiated the self-destruct, which blew up the island. This was the opposite of a victory for them. Sinister wanted that information. They failed. Cable got the baby. He won. Very possibly with an assist FROM Gambit. Of all the players on the board in this story, Cable has demonstrated the most power in my opinion. Certainly more than Storm or Professor X, who are the only ones active out of those you mentioned (except for Bobby, but he's obviously not in their league anyway, if you want to take potential out of it). It may not be raw "I can take on the world, manipulate matter at the atmoic level" stuff, but certainly the power of will, strategy and allocation of resources. If we're taking potential out of the equation, I think Cable's definitely more powerful than anyone around.Let me put this another way that's hopefully not as confrontational: Who do you think is capable of taking the baby from Cable? Who do you think will end up with the child? Who would you NOT laugh at as a candidate for most powerful mutant? Vulcan? That just makes me sad."

Anyone could Possibly take the child away, depending on how the writers have set it up. Cable lost most of his powers awhile back, they may reveal he has gotten em back in Messiah Complex, but up until then he was working at about 60%. I hate Vulcan, but honestly when talking about the most powerful mutant, his name is at the top of the list. I say Wanda is at the top, an in the X-Universe the Phoenix still reigns supreme.

In the end the good guys (whoever they turn out to be) will end up with the child.

#35 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"So you kinda missed the past ten years or so of X-Men books? Cable had the potential to be the most powerful mutant ever (except perhaps, for Franklin Richards) before being infected with the TO virus. This has been well documented. Look at X-Man. Look at Stryfe. That is the kind of power Cable has. Who would you argue is the most powerful mutant? Jean Grey? Not without Phoenix. Professor X? Nope, Nate Grey dragged him out of the astral plane. Anyone else? Nope. I understand you don't like the character, but he is immensely powerful. And yes, he is a fan favorite. That's why he's been a constant for the past 15 years or so. You're really letting blind prejudice cloud your judgement here. Cable fought toe-to-toe with Apocalypse. He formed X-Force. His character was so popular, they had 3 of him running around at once (Nate, Cable, Stryfe). Sinister bred Cable to be just that, the most powerful mutant ever. The product of crossing the Summers and Grey genetic templates. He has already managed to fool all of the X-Men, including Emma and Professor X, not to mention Sinister. He has kept himself and the child hidden from EVERYONE. So who has more power than that? I think you'll find the answer is NO ONE. With the notable exception of the child.
Post Edited:2007-11-30 14:57:36"

Jean is an Omega-level mutant without the Phoenix. Really. But Korg is right, Cable is really powerful when he has his powers and has OMEGA-LEVEL MUTANT written in red on his DNA. His mom is Jean Grey, an Omega-level telepath and telekinetic and his father is Scott Summers, whose family is crawling with mutants even though we don't know it and has the genetic key to Cable's powers locking them in with Jean's. Where do you think Cable got telekinesis and telepathy from? His mom.

Professor X is seriously close to Omega when he has his freakin' powers and not when everbody is freaking focusing on Emma as if she is the only telepath around. Magneto and Storm are heavily implied and obvious but Scarlet Witch, Franklin Richards, Jim Jaspers, Rachel Summers (yes, X-Men's Rachel), Mr. M, Iceman, Elixir, Vulcan, Proteus, X-Man AKA Nate Grey (when he was alive), Cable and I think I'm missing somebody are Omega-levels for sure along with Jean.

And if Cassandra Nova is Omega-level, which she is, then Charles Xavier is Omega or has that potential because Cassandra feeded off of Charles' genes so he has the potential there but hasn't reached that level, although he did say his telepathy was stronger than ever after being absorbed into the M'Krann Crystal and having his powers restored.

But back to the topic, X-Men #205 was crazy. That issue was action packed and ch. 6 is going to be so much better. I can believe the X-Men assault team lost. It was inevitable and if they did win it would've ended way too early. Bishop, my boy (I am so glad that he is back), was right. Cyclops was stupid. He should've waited or added more people to the team. Five, even though Wolverine and Storm are on the team, wasn't enough against, let's see...Scrambler, Lady Mastermind, Omega Sentinel, Gambit, Exodus, Unuscione, Cargill, Mystique, Sunfire, Scrambler, Arclight, Harpoon, Riptide, Tempo, Random, and Vertigo and not forget the big cahuna, Mr. Sinister.

Yeah. What was even dumber is that Surge is way too impulsive and emotional to be leader at the moment. If anything, that should have purely been a stealth and sabotage mission. Not a head-on assault covering up a quiet investigation. They shouldn't confronted the Purifiers like that. That's what got Hellion half-dead and the New X-Men and Rictor being scattered across D.C. getting bruises and broken bones in the process. But crap, I would have never thought Lady Deathstrike and her small army of androids would be joining the Purifiers as the Reavers. Man, Lady Deathstrike has some issues.

Anyway, did anyone feel like Storm was being down-played after seeing her in Fantastic Four and Black Panther. She didn't utilize any of the skills displayed in those series, just plain lightning bolts accompanied by a spear. But that's just me.

I can't wait for ch. 6. So what's going to happen in ch. 8 with the New X-Men.

#36 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Yaaaaaawn

#37 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

The term Omega Mutant doesn't mean crap.

#38 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"The term Omega Mutant doesn't mean crap."

I.............

#39 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Is crap a banned word now?

#40 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"What? Is crap a banned word now?"

shrugs

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.