Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men 17 and Cyclops 3 what did you think?

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just released what did people think of these issues? Or a review of these arcs. Brian Woods last issue, I enjoyed it, however I wanted to see jubilee take down the future. Also storm, really cool use of power, my understanding is she just made the place so hot that it started to burn the forest, dont know if she has ever demonstrated the use of power like this?

Also quick mention on Cyclops, im enjoying it this issue, love the art and look of the book. Really character focused and made me want to read rise and fall of the shiar as i missed that out :( Also he really is a pirate it felt like he got stuck on a desert island this issue.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men 17 hurt pretty bad....my biggest complaints about Wood as a writer is his poor endings to storyarcs, this one though was the perfect combo of wrap ups and set up to make me want him to stick around alot longer and mad that he is not

Cyclops.....I don't care anymore. This is the embodiment of pointless development because we already have a character that could be having this development....it almost makes you wonder if they plan to kill off our Scott and there prepping the new one to replace him

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

I disagree with the user above me on the Cyclops front. I love this book. So much was developed/revealed this issue. Top gun writing.

Verdict: CONTINUE

With regards to X-Men Vol.4:

I liked Brian Wood's Ultimate X-Men and his first arc on X-Men (Primer), but everything else has been entirely underwhelming for me. I also really don't care about Jubilee/Shogo. The ending was so unsatisfactory. The Future is killed by some vines? Where's the struggle in that? In all honesty, Jubilee just took the baby, it's not hers.

The only cool point is that three X-characters now have non-Arkea in them, but this probably won't be picked up again on due to Brian Wood leaving the title.

Verdict: Will give Guggenheim an issue and see what it's like. Ready to drop.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

X-Men #17 - Bloodline: Conclusion - totally satisfied with the conclusion to this arc and the arc in general. The art in the first half of the issue seemed rushed and lackluster, but the second half looked great. The conclusion was typical of Wood in that it was a bit anti-climatic, but the tension and character moments built through the issue still satisfied in the end. My only other criticism would be that they seemed to add a bunch of new members to the team for none of them to really be important, which made it feel a bit more like fan-service than essential to the story itself. Still, I've really enjoyed the entire run of Bloodline and it does make me a bit disappointed to see Wood go.

Uncanny X-Men #24 - while I was a bit disappointed with how little actually happened last issue, this one was pretty great. The only unsatisfying thing was wanting to see what happened next, which isn't much of a criticism. Great art, intriguing and entertaining character moments: really just a great issue all around.

Cyclops #3 - still loving this book. The way the plot points have been paced in the first few issues really made me feel like it would be at least another issue or two before they were really dealt with, but this book keeps chugging along with each issue feeling like the next logical chapter. And, to my mind, some of the nicest looking art at marvel. Just very smooth and organic on all fronts.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If were doing Uncanny then i'm pretty much in agreement with the previous post. Things were treated properly and i am definitely interested in where this is going especially if we continue to get interactions like we got here. Though i gotta say the issue felt shorter even then usual, though it may be in part because of the number of preview pages we got.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question. Since Wolverine lost his healing factor, how is Jubilee still walking and not burning up in sunlight? In Wolverine and Jubilee, it was stated that Wolverine transfuses his blood with hers so she can walk out side. So whose healing factor is she using? I do not think that Beast's healing factor is as strong as Wolverine's. However, I think Angel's healing factor is on par with Wolverines. So she could be using Angel's healing factor but I do not know.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Koays

I have a question. Since Wolverine lost his healing factor, how is Jubilee still walking and not burning up in sunlight? In Wolverine and Jubilee, it was stated that Wolverine transfuses his blood with hers so she can walk out side. So whose healing factor is she using? I do not think that Beast's healing factor is as strong as Wolverine's. However, I think Angel's healing factor is on par with Wolverines. So she could be using Angel's healing factor but I do not know.

It would be reasonable to assume that if she was going to go off on her own for an extended period (like she did prior to the current X-Men vol.) then she would have extra supply of his blood. And Beast has replicated the effect Logan's blood before i think, so maybe they used old samples. Plus if his healing factor is really just "burnt out" then who knows how that would effect his bloods properties and effect on a Vampire...since we've seen even Cable's supposedly burnt out powers could be copied by Hope.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

every time I see Beast and how deep his personal hatred of Scott is I find myself wanting Bendis to hurry up with that trial of Hank McCoy. Ororo and Logan don't like him, and don't agree with his position...but neither fallen to this pure hatred that Beast has. Even when Scott outright says he doesn't want whatever Xavier might have left him he throws barbs.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree with the user above me on the Cyclops front. I love this book. So much was developed/revealed this issue. Top gun writing.

Verdict: CONTINUE

With regards to X-Men Vol.4:

I liked Brian Wood's Ultimate X-Men and his first arc on X-Men (Primer), but everything else has been entirely underwhelming for me. I also really don't care about Jubilee/Shogo. The ending was so unsatisfactory. The Future is killed by some vines? Where's the struggle in that? In all honesty, Jubilee just took the baby, it's not hers.

The only cool point is that three X-characters now have non-Arkea in them, but this probably won't be picked up again on due to Brian Wood leaving the title.

Verdict: Will give Guggenheim an issue and see what it's like. Ready to drop.

Yeah, the Cyclops book is friggin perfect. So well-written. And what people fail to understand is that this is a Cyclops who is deliberately sent to a different place to do different things. It's got nothing to do with Sentinels, the JGS, Schism etc. lol.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't check out the Cyclops book, though I have heard really good things about it and that it received a good review rating.

Despite being anti-climactic (I was hoping Jubilee would get to stomp the Future), not understanding why Jubilee remained in that prison so long when she easily broke through that wall, or why Kymera couldn't explain her plan (or just having Beast bring some tubes of blood from Shogo vs bringing him into combat) I did enjoy X-Men #17. Storm with the heat wave explosion was pretty bada$$, so that helped with over all feel for the issue :-). I'd give is a 3.25 - 3.5 out of 5 overall, since I felt there was some definite opportunities for Wood to have this story end in a more satisfying way, but it was still a fairly entertaining read.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.