Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

x-men 13-comments

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

LOVE THE ART! hail Phil Briones!

Storm is disheartened after the fight with sisterhood. I don't know why. I thought she and Rachel have come into terms already. Rachel already claimed being second in command. I love the way Psylocke is supporting storm but i would like rachel to step up too and try leadership of the x-men.

A duel between Rachel and storm would be great.

Though, in my opinion, it would be better for storm to be the field leader and give rachel the headmistress position of the campus since it has always been her passion, teaching and training the students. Storm said it herself that she hates being the head mistress.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Veitha

I agree with you about Storm, I don't like her as an headmistress, I see her more as a strong field leader than a woman behind a desk or as a teacher(leave this to Rachel, or Kitty and Emma if they will ever come back to the Institute). It's like if she is holding back(I would have loved to see her using all of her powers against Selene or Maddie, but the whole ending of the Sisterhood arc was just a big delusion) or she is just in a personal crisis after all that has happened to her.

By the way, Clay Mann art is just great and it fits perfectly this book. This portrait of Monet is beautiful and badass at the same time:

No Caption Provided

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@veitha: Monet looked fucking sexy in this side splash. My gawsh.

Other than that, i've now stupidly realized how prosaically lackluster Wood's run has been since the proverbial kick off. Lmfao. The next issue is my move-it-or-lose-it dependent because i cannot believe it took 13 issues for Ororo to barely conceptualize the possibility for a mandate/concept behind the team. I'm left to wonder what happened before this issue that delayed the not so revealing revelation, and it wasn't anything all that substantial. I'll chalk this up to incessant editorial interference/incompetence as is the corporate standard where the X-Office is concerned, but he should have been able to do better and he didn't. In retrospect, it's been very messy as well as inconsistent. The XSE's still defunct-exhume it!--why must she ask for the community's blessings before she does what she's been doing for ages?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ageofhurricane: Agreed!!

On both statements by the way.

If Storm is a leader who does she have to ask permission from? Wood's strongest point has been the inclusion of and use of the New Xmen characters, since they are at the school but mysteriously never around in Aaron's pointless silly drivel. And his characterization's for the most part. The anti-climatic arcs and the aggravation of the out of left-field and overall disrespectful push for a Rachel Grey- bacteria Sublime: who killed Jean and has an electronic computer virus, has been kind of ridiculous to say the least.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the students would rather have storm as the headmistress than rachel. it would be martial law in school if rachel becomes head mistress. I mean, she is too serious and pushes the kids over the limits. She is too serious. I think storm is more laidback.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: Monet looked fucking sexy in this side splash. My gawsh.

Other than that, i've now stupidly realized how prosaically lackluster Wood's run has been since the proverbial kick off. Lmfao. The next issue is my move-it-or-lose-it dependent because i cannot believe it took 13 issues for Ororo to barely conceptualize the possibility for a mandate/concept behind the team. I'm left to wonder what happened before this issue that delayed the not so revealing revelation, and it wasn't anything all that substantial. I'll chalk this up to incessant editorial interference/incompetence as is the corporate standard where the X-Office is concerned, but he should have been able to do better and he didn't. In retrospect, it's been very messy as well as inconsistent. The XSE's still defunct-exhume it!--why must she ask for the community's blessings before she does what she's been doing for ages?

And we remember how you were all schoolgirl-giddy over Wood's X-Men run right before it was announced. Don't believe the hype with Marvel.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ageofhurricane Agreed 100%

It's like if Storm is holding back the whole time or if she's afraid of leading(and that's not in character imo).

Then this book has been quite a delusion after the first arc. I mean, Wood could have done a lot of stuff with all these great characters and we only had whole issues about improbable love relations and about resurrecting or bringing back these villains without having actually a true confrontation between the two teams. The X-Ladies stayed most of the time behind a computer or investigating without going directly into the action. I thought that with the last issue of the Sisterhood arc we would have actually had some action or actual development, but everything finished as softly as it had started.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm should be in a leading position of a team, not as the headmistress. being in charge outside of a team/fighting setting hasnt been storms strong suit. she lacks the confidence and know how (Morlocks leader). with that said wolverine shouldnt be the headmaster either. storm and wolverine are better in the field not in the school setting. supporting the school and defending the school yes but running it no.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@avenger85: Lololololol. Yes. It's extremely funny how things can change, hence why i'm not as excited as i should be for this alleged Storm solo in light of recent events. Haha...

@hawk2916 said:

@ageofhurricane: Agreed!!

On both statements by the way.

If Storm is a leader who does she have to ask permission from? Wood's strongest point has been the inclusion of and use of the New Xmen characters, since they are at the school but mysteriously never around in Aaron's pointless silly drivel. And his characterization's for the most part. The anti-climatic arcs and the aggravation of the out of left-field and overall disrespectful push for a Rachel Grey- bacteria Sublime: who killed Jean and has an electronic computer virus, has been kind of ridiculous to say the least.

I mean, i'll let the cat out of the bag and admit that i am in fact currently undergoing some 80s/90s comic-book reconditioning so as to construct my perceived ideas of what should be in the standard quality comic. So i could boil it down to cognitive dissonance, but no...no no no no no. Even where the usage of obscure fan-favorites is concerned, the best parts of those bits were Hellion appearing in 'booty shorts' cause even then, his characterization of the characters themselves has quite a lot to be desired. It's just flat and devoid of any of the heart that had the X-Men become a world-renowned success. There's no development, no exciting narrative progression or plot-points for boundless intrigue. It's actually so. boring. And i really dislike complaining, really, i do, but i feel like i've been cheated of my money having looked over the previous issues and discovering that hardly anything had happened before we got to that conversation. Lmfao. We'll see. He needs to bring it.

@veitha said:

@ageofhurricane Agreed 100%

It's like if Storm is holding back the whole time or if she's afraid of leading(and that's not in character imo).

Then this book has been quite a delusion after the first arc. I mean, Wood could have done a lot of stuff with all these great characters and we only had whole issues about improbable love relations and about resurrecting or bringing back these villains without having actually a true confrontation between the two teams. The X-Ladies stayed most of the time behind a computer or investigating without going directly into the action. I thought that with the last issue of the Sisterhood arc we would have actually had some action or actual development, but everything finished as softly as it had started.

I know. It's absolutely ridiculous. I mean i could accept the reflexive attitude if we had some solid and logical introspective context to go by, but she's literally not had that much to say in this series after issue 4--about the team or herself--so it's, as has been described, out of left-field. And i know, here you have some of the greatest characters ever to grace the pages of X-Lore, brimming with so much emotional, psychological, spiritual and familial history betwixt one another...there's just so much you could do with them (dare i say even with editorial hindrance), but the man's managed to do squat. At the very least, though, this arc's started out stronger than the ones that came before it, so i'll wait and see. But i'm really disappointed by Wood and what this title has become. So many great characters and absolutely nothing to show for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.