Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men #1 is Number1 comic for May 2013! : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Totally deserves it.

Brian Wood's smart sleek writing + Oliver Coipel's stylistic, not-too-flashy (or in other words respecting of women) art is deffos of top quality. Please Marvel. Lets not fix whats not broken. Please dont have a creative team shift too quickly.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Yeah I heard that, pretty cool.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By oldnightcrawler

haha! good. X-men's finally back on top.

let's hope it lasts.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

cool...

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By time1

@oldnightcrawler: don't think it will though, cause the artists will be changing.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what the art like 4 david Lopez. is he good.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: he did some issues of Wood's last run on X-men, and some fill-ins for Wolverine and the X-men, among other things. I like him quite a bit. I love his Storm and Psylocke especially.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he seems better than terry dodson, I wish it had Sonia Oback on title, she is amazing artists.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

OHHH WHY, WHY DO THEY DO THIS. Constant rotating doors of artist and freaking writers for gods sake give us some stability!! You tease us with a Copiel then what? Hes gone in a few issues, Bachelo, Immomen both the same way?! God this is annoying, they do the same with writers i am sorry but a year run in a book (Gillian for example) is a blink of an eye, give us some one for a decade again!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Not entirely surprising, but I'm definitely glad it made it.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

OHHH WHY, WHY DO THEY DO THIS. Constant rotating doors of artist and freaking writers for gods sake give us some stability!! You tease us with a Copiel then what? Hes gone in a few issues, Bachelo, Immomen both the same way?! God this is annoying, they do the same with writers i am sorry but a year run in a book (Gillian for example) is a blink of an eye, give us some one for a decade again!

there's never been an X-men artist to stay on one book for a decade..

anyway, As for Coipel, I'm actually not that surprised; I think Marvel knows he's an ace in the hole, so they probably want to be able to have him on more than one book, doing fill-ins for key issues (like Uncanny Avengers #5, which felt like it was coming from the same context as House of M because of his presence) and stuff like that. I do hope they bring him back at some point, though; he's probably my favorite right now, but I'm pretty happy to see Lopez on these characters again.

And Wood's really the main draw, for me.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Let's hope Brian Wood's Mohawk Storm will live up to Claremont's Mohawk Storm! :D
    Psylocke and Rachel are already BADASS! <3 <3 <3
    Rouge is back on the upswing-- I am falling back in love with her ALL over again! :D
    Jubz and Kitty are pleasant to see.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

let's hope the artists doesn't ruined the title.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than anything I just hope that Marvel (and, by extension, whatever team takes over when the current one leaves) learns from the success of this first issue. Treating female characters with respect (in both the art and the writing) CAN be marketable. Now, Marvel and DC both, please, please, please give us more in that vein.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st issues always sell more. It will probably be out of the top 5 by the next issue.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic news. :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Despite of being released on May 29, the comic managed to top the charts for the month of May with over 177,000 copies. : )

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Despite of being released on May 29, the comic managed to top the charts for the month of May with over 177,000 copies. : )

wow thats alot

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dman1366

@tomchu: respecting of women? Are you referring to the fact that artists like J. Scott Campbell and Art Adams understand that it is a fantasy reality, and draw women how they like? If they have to misogynistic intentions of discriminating women, then that is a different story, but if they just like to draw their women curvy with a bust, then it is only discriminating in your eyes. And to me, that sounds like a personal problem. It is a comic book, get over yourself.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

@tomchu: respecting of women? Are you referring to the fact that artists like J. Scott Campbell and Art Adams understand that it is a fantasy reality, and draw women how they like? If they have to misogynistic intentions of discriminating women, then that is a different story, but if they just like to draw their women curvy with a bust, then it is only discriminating in your eyes. And to me, that sounds like a personal problem. It is a comic book, get over yourself.

Hahaha calm down, man. Firstly, I'm just saying, if you ask a woman to go into battle, nearly naked, skin showing, its completely not practical, purely aesthetic. I'm not saying its wrong, I just think its a negative portrayal of women since it serves no other purpose but satisfy some people's lust. Of course, this is my opinion. This doesn't make me throw out my Rob Liefeld X-Force issues with crazy unrealistic women body structures, but I add this as a minor note when reading an issue.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lykopis

@tomchu said:

@dman1366 said:

Hahaha calm down, man. Firstly, I'm just saying, if you ask a woman to go into battle, nearly naked, skin showing, its completely not practical, purely aesthetic. I'm not saying its wrong, I just think its a negative portrayal of women since it serves no other purpose but satisfy some people's lust. Of course, this is my opinion. This doesn't make me throw out my Rob Liefeld X-Force issues with crazy unrealistic women body structures, but I add this as a minor note when reading an issue.

Exactly. Plus positioning has a lot to do with it. :)

I am extremely happy with how well the first issue did -- beating out Batman. It is true however about how first issues always seem to do well. I am crossing my fingers things continue along the vein that it has (despite the artist change) and in six months' time, the book will be in the top fifty.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@tomchu said:

@dman1366 said:

Exactly. Plus positioning has a lot to do with it. :)

I am extremely happy with how well the first issue did -- beating out Batman. It is true however about how first issues always seem to do well. I am crossing my fingers things continue along the vein that it has (despite the artist change) and in six months' time, the book will be in the top fifty.

Yeah, I'm really excited for this book. Brian Wood has this writing that doesn't make me actively crave for it (like Gaiman or Vaughan, per say), but its subtle and smart enough for me to actually love his books and pull it into my monthlies, especially after reading the previous installment. New York Five, The Massive and X-Men are all brilliant comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.