Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men #1 delayed to May 29, 2013

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dangallant984

@jhazzroucher: BOOO!

oh well, if it's to ensure a higher and/or more consistent level of quality, I guess I'd rather wait.

but still, BOOO!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Don't even come out with it then. It's likely to flop anyway, but you're going to push it back to Summer? GTFOH!

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dangallant984

@Vance Astro said:

Don't even come out with it then. It's likely to flop anyway, but you're going to push it back to Summer? GTFOH!

Really? It seems to be the X-book that everyone I know is most anticipating; what makes you think it will flop?

personally, as much as I'm looking foreword to it, I'd rather wait for a better book than see one quickly cobbled together to be rushed out..

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ptigrusmagus

Its always cause for concern when women are running a couple weeks late. On a serious note there are too many ongoing X-books for me to follow and fully enjoy all at once... but I'll likely be picking this up anyway.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

No worries. A month isn't that much time in the grand scheme of things.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#7  Edited By time1

Typical

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dangallant984

@ptigrusmagus said:

Its always cause for concern when women are running a couple weeks late. On a serious note there are too many ongoing X-books for me to follow and fully enjoy all at once... but I'll likely be picking this up anyway.

ah hahahaha!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle

When was it suppose to come out??

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @dangallant984 said:

Really? It seems to be the X-book that everyone I know is most anticipating; what makes you think it will flop?

personally, as much as I'm looking foreword to it, I'd rather wait for a better book than see one quickly cobbled together to be rushed out..

I'm anticipating this as well but first week sales doesn't determine whether the book will have any longevity. The same risk of dropping the book in the first place will be present whether they drop it in April or if they drop it in May. Books with female leads have never worked for Marvel and on top of it there are several other X-Men books out there already only difference here is this one is exclusive to female characters, of which Marvel has had little success with.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

According to Brian Wood, it was pushed back because someone who works on the book (he wouldn't say who) lost a family member.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

"What do they think this is,Uncanny Avengers? Issue #2 is scheduled for the 15th of May so odds are that will change as well…"

This seems like an odd thing to say. Why would it even be a possibility that they'd release #2 before #1?

I'm actually kinda glad it's delayed. Means there's less time I'll be getting Age Of Ultron and this at the same time, so it'll keep my monthly costs down a little. If I decide to start getting this. Which I probably will.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Quite unfortunate, but considering the fact that this is probably going to be one of the best X-Titles on the stands, i can wait. A long time.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By lorex

Not the end of the world and I would prefer it be as good as possible rather than be rushed out. I would like for them to reveal the actual reason for the delay, but thats just me.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By akbogert

I already thought I had to wait too long for this.

This news kinda sucks. I know I'm not the only one who is more excited about this title than any other Marvel NOW book.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@lorex said:

Not the end of the world and I would prefer it be as good as possible rather than be rushed out. I would like for them to reveal the actual reason for the delay, but thats just me.

Member of the creative team had a relative/close one who had sadly passed away.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dangallant984

@Vance Astro said:

I'm anticipating this as well but first week sales doesn't determine whether the book will have any longevity. The same risk of dropping the book in the first place will be present whether they drop it in April or if they drop it in May. Books with female leads have never worked for Marvel and on top of it there are several other X-Men books out there already only difference here is this one is exclusive to female characters, of which Marvel has had little success with.

*unless you count Uncanny X-men in the 80's, which is where this cast is from.

Honestly, though, as much as I'm anticipating this cast, in my opinion, the actual difference between this book and other X-men books will be the quality of the creative team. Most books with female leads lean heavily on the novelty factor; given Wood's (albeit brief) experience with these characters, I really am expecting much better of him.

Then again, you could be completely right, I just hope not.

@AgeofHurricane said:

Quite unfortunate, but considering the fact that this is probably going to be one of the best X-Titles on the stands, i can wait. A long time.

here here!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @dangallant984 said:

I don't.

@dangallant984 said:

the actual difference between this book and other X-men books will be the quality of the creative team.

What's wrong with the creative team of the other books?

@dangallant984 said:

Most books with female leads lean heavily on the novelty factor

Could you elaborate?

@dangallant984 said:

I'm not hoping to be right. I'm just saying. I want this book to do well, but I'm afraid certain factors may be against this back and I think pushing it back only hurts it further. My anticipation is dying down, i'm starting not to care.
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@Vance Astro said:

@dangallant984 said:

I don't.

@dangallant984 said:

the actual difference between this book and other X-men books will be the quality of the creative team.

@dangallant984 said:

Could you elaborate?

@dangallant984 said:

I'm not hoping to be right. I'm just saying. I want this book to do well, but I'm afraid certain factors may be against this back and I think pushing it back only hurts it further. My anticipation is dying down, i'm starting not to care.

Haha. You make me smile - but I agree with ya!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#20  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

DAMN IT! I'm still waiting......

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dangallant984

@Vance Astro said:

@dangallant984 said:

I don't.

Why not?

@Vance Astro said:

@dangallant984 said:

It's not that I have a particular problem with the creative teams making the X-books I'm reading, and I'm certainly not going to comment on the ones that I'm not; it's just that, personally, I'm especially interested in seeing Wood return to these characters, as I feel he's shown he has a great, natural-feeling understanding of them.

And, outside of Immonen and Marquez, there are few artists working on X-books right now that interest me as much as Coipel.

@Vance Astro said:

@dangallant984 said:

Could you elaborate?

I just mean that it can be hard to find a mainstream superhero comic with a female lead in which the fact that she (or they) are female doesn't seem like half of the premise, which seems completely unnecessary to me. There are some, to be sure, but the X-men have been doing it through some of their best and most popular periods for years.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @dangallant984 said:

Why not?

I don't remember the team ever having an all-female roster until now.  I remember there being rosters that were almost entirely female, never completely.

@dangallant984 said:

It's not that I have a particular problem with the creative teams making the X-books I'm reading, and I'm certainly not going to comment on the ones that I'm not; it's just that, personally, I'm especially interested in seeing Wood return to these characters, as I feel he's shown he has a great, natural-feeling understanding of them.

And, outside of Immonen and Marquez, there are few artists working on X-books right now that interest me as much as Coipel.

Ok.

@dangallant984 said:

I just mean that it can be hard to find a mainstream superhero comic with a female lead in which the fact that she (or they) are female doesn't seem like half of the premise, which seems completely unnecessary to me. There are some, to be sure, but the X-men have been doing it through some of their best and most popular periods for years.

I don't understand what you're talking about. I don't find any female lead books to be like that but I am a different type of reader though. I never knew the premise of She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, Elektra, Silver Sable, etc. books to be their gender at any point.
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dangallant984

@Vance Astro said:

@dangallant984 said:

Why not?

I don't remember the team ever having an all-female roster until now. I remember there being rosters that were almost entirely female, never completely.

That's technically true, I just meant that Storm, Kitty, Rogue, and even Jubilee have spent more time as main characters (often at the same time) than many, maybe even most X-men characters. And they certainly were in the 80's, as well as much of the 90's.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@dangallant984 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@dangallant984 said:

Could you elaborate?

Could you give some examples?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dman1366

Ugh...... this sucks. My life is annoying

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jhazzroucher

waiting is worth the wait. : )

c2thaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By c2thaj

Meh, gives me more time to save up monies for the variant covers.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dangallant984

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@dangallant984 said:

Could you give some examples?

of which?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@dangallant984:Mainstream superhero comics with a female lead in which the fact that she(or they) are female is like half the premise.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dangallant984

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: these aren't all uniformly bad, in fact I enjoyed some of them, but these are the sort of thing I'm talking about:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

these are just examples from Marvel, since that's what we were talking about. I think the most recent volume of Captain Marvel is pretty decent, Uncanny X-force and the Fearless Defenders look promising, but other than those, and this up coming X-men book, what Marvel books really have female leads right now? Are there any solo books?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@dangallant984: Hmm. I have about half of that Ms. Marvel run, and I don't know what you mean. I'll re-read them and look out for emphasis on her being a woman.

I haven't read X-Women, Her-oes or Marvel Divas, but I'm guessing by the titles that these might be using being women as some sort of gimmick. I hate that that can even happen, it doesn't make sense for half of the human species to be presented like a minority.

I do like Captain Marvel. FF is kinda led by Scott Lang, but the other three are women, She-Hulk, Medusa and Ms. Thing.

Red She-Hulk has a solo ongoing, but I haven't read it, so I don't know what it's like.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dangallant984

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I haven't read X-Women, Her-oes or Marvel Divas, but I'm guessing by the titles that these might be using being women as some sort of gimmick. I hate that that can even happen, it doesn't make sense for half of the human species to be presented like a minority.

I didn't mean to make a big thing out of this, but this ^ was basically my point.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By poisonfleur

May 29th is my birthday!! :D

So Happpy Birthday to meeeeeeeeeee!

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: Hmmm. I understood you perfectly. Marvel markets to certain demographics male and female. However I dont think that where the conversation was going...

No Caption Provided
    RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35  Edited By RawrImADragon

meh... it's not like i'm short of comic books to read until then...

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@dangallant984 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I didn't mean to make a big thing out of this, but this ^ was basically my point.

Very valid point.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dangallant984

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@dangallant984 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Very valid point.

heeheehee!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jhazzroucher

@poisonfleur said:

mine is May 27. : )

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tomchu

Not enough books with female leads/ characters. Glad this is coming out. Hopefully this won't flop like some past attempts of female teams (I'm looking at you Young Allies)

PLUS, BRIAN WOOD STORY AND OLIVER COIPEL ART. BOOYAHHH!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By poisonfleur

@jhazzroucher said:

@poisonfleur said:

mine is May 27. : )

Then get it for my birthday! :D

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By poisonfleur

@dangallant984 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: these aren't all uniformly bad, in fact I enjoyed some of them, but these are the sort of thing I'm talking about:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

these are just examples from Marvel, since that's what we were talking about. I think the most recent volume of Captain Marvel is pretty decent, Uncanny X-force and the Fearless Defenders look promising, but other than those, and this up coming X-men book, what Marvel books really have female leads right now? Are there any solo books?

LMFAO 'Her-oes'-- NOW NOBODY Can take that seriously. LOL

I like X-women's cover. Although I am glad the new all woman team in may coming out is called X-men and not X-women. X-women sounds like a spin off... They don't need a penis in the group to validate them as x-men. X-men have most of the best women in Marvel--- It's good to see a team consisting of all ovely ladies of x-men.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#42  Edited By broo1232

OHHH I was so looking forward to it well I suppose it doesn't matter if it's of good quality in the end.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dangallant984

@poisonfleur said:

LMFAO 'Her-oes'-- NOW NOBODY Can take that seriously. LOL

I like X-women's cover. Although I am glad the new all woman team in may coming out is called X-men and not X-women. X-women sounds like a spin off... They don't need a penis in the group to validate them as x-men. X-men have most of the best women in Marvel--- It's good to see a team consisting of all ovely ladies of x-men.

Well put. And, in my opinion, most of the best X-men comics have women or girls as their main characters, even when they aren't in the majority (which is also fairly often).

X-women was drawn by Milo Manara, who is a really great artist, in my opinion, but he is mostly known for his erotic comics, and that's mostly what this is. It's beautiful erotic fantasy, but it's also borderline character assassination fan-fic. It's not the X-men, even if the characters do bare their likeness.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.