Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men #1

• 126 results
    iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By iceslick

@ageofhurricane, Yes she does, If you look in the august solicits of X-Men. It describes her being a vampire and if you look at few of the covers you see has her fireworks powers. So it inclines she has both. Here are the details. Just scroll to X-Men on link for proof.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/16/marvel-comics-solicitations-for-august-2013

X-MEN #4

• BRIAN WOOD (W) • DAVID LOPEZ (A)
    • Cover by Terry Dodson
    • VARIANT Cover by TBA
    • • After the game-changing events of PRIMER, the women of the X-Men must contemplate the future of their makeshift team.
    • • Are the X-women ready for the BATTLE OF THE ATOM that’s right around the corner?
    • • Meanwhile: Jubilee may still look like a kid, but she finds herself burdened with some very adult responsibilities. What kind of plans can a mutant vampire teen mom make for her own future?
    akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I see that solicit uses the phrase "X-women" >_>

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Is Jubilee still a vampire? Did she ever get her powers back? Whats up with her?

Vampire. And for me. While Bom Bom is around Jubilee will remain vampire!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@onemoreposter said:

Is Jubilee still a vampire? Did she ever get her powers back? Whats up with her?

Vampire. And for me. While Bom Bom is around Jubilee will remain vampire!

its uh Boom Boom, and the two powers are completely different :D

Also i read a twitter quote i think it was some where on this forum from Wood saying that Jubilee would NOT have her mutant powers, despite the inclination of a few of the covers

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@iceslick: And have you read any of the interviews regarding this title ? Wood has stated profoundly that she possesses none of her former Mutant abilities. Covers usually mislead (in this case) and it's also for marketing purposes.

I'm enjoying "Ultimate X-Men" and looking forward to "X-Men." That said, my first question revolves around Jubilee. It seems like Jubilee has come to terms with her vampirism, or at least conquered the bloodlust. Is that how you'll portray her or is she still fighting for control? What about her feelings on her now immortal life? Seems like that would be a big adjustment to wrap your head around.

Brian Wood: I'll be the first to admit I struggled with the fact that I would be writing a vampire Jubilee -- I was hoping to be able to write the "classic" one but it was not in the cards. But we, my editor Jeanine [Schaefer] and I, figured the way to go is to just treat the vampire stuff the same way we would a mutant ability. So she is not "Vampire Jubilee" any more than we would think "Eye Beam Scott" or "Metal Bones Logan" as their primary defining trait as a person. So Jubilee is Jubilee all day long, and her skills will come from her vampire traits.

As far as the immortal stuff, man, just you wait. 'Til, like, issue 6 or 7, not long.

Are there any plans on bringing back Jubilee's powers sometime in the future? She was scared in the past to use them, but I think that after everything she's been through, she would really explore what she is truly capable of if she had them.

No plans. I'm honestly sort of interested in seeing what I can do with the vampire stuff, to see how those can be stretched and tweaked to feel unique to her, and not just your garden variety vampire traits.

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By xkoenig

"Oh" Olivia Coipel, if we lived in Canada id make you my bride!

Umm, Oliver Coipel is a guy. Or maybe you know that and you have other plans for him??

dcfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no pleasing some people. I give something a 2 or a 3, people flip and say I'm being too harsh. I give something a 5, and I'm too generous. Good thing my job is to review comics and not to please commentors.

I have a solution that should make your life easier: give the good books high ratings and the bad books low ratings.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By DanialCarroll

Of all the reviewers on this site, I think your tastes are the closest to my own, so I'm glad you liked this book. I've been looking forward to it for some time.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#59  Edited By Queso6p4

Its Brian Wood people. (DMZ, Northlanders, Demo) Believe.

I mostly know Brian Wood because of the Star Wars stuff he's written but that hasn't disappointed so that bodes well for this book.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: Thank you for sharing that snippet!

"So she is not "Vampire Jubilee" any more than we would think "Eye Beam Scott" or "Metal Bones Logan" as their primary defining trait as a person. So Jubilee is Jubilee all day long..."

This pleases me greatly.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@akbogert said:

I was about to post an annoyed comment upon seeing that too. They also use the term " the women of the X-Men" too, as if it wasn't obvious enough who's on the team already.

I hate this. If there has to be teams with only women in them, the idea should be used to show that they are strong and capable and just as worthy as men, in order to try and make things equal. The solicits should therefore not be using them being women as some kind of gimmick.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

I was about to post an annoyed comment upon seeing that too. They also use the term " the women of the X-Men" too, as if it wasn't obvious enough who's on the team already.

I hate this. If there has to be teams with only women in them, the idea should be used to show that they are strong and capable and just as worthy as men, in order to try and make things equal. The solicits should therefore not be using them being women as some kind of gimmick.

It's all the more ironic when you consider @inferiorego's comment in the verdict, "It's Marvel's all-female X-team that never mentions the fact it's an all female X-team, and that's something I love about it."

It seems this is a case of editorial missing a point which the writer has nailed.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Yeah, that's true. It baffles me that it even has to be brought up at all.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Once the company overtly advertised a book to people who hated the characters in it and wanted to see them killed, I lost my capacity to be surprised by anything Marvel published.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Was that in the solicit, or somewhere else?

I think you've mentioned if before, but I can't remember.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#67  Edited By iceslick

@ageofhurricane: I agree sometimes covers can mislead, but sometimes interviews do too to keep some secrets. I think I'm gonna wait a few issues to hold on to my verdict. Because even that solicit seems misleading "mutant vampire". Last time, I checked she gained the ability of being a vampire not born with them so the mutant word wouldn't have been included if that was the case. It's like saying Juggernaut or Deadpool are mutants which isn't the case. So for them to say mutant vampire could still imply that she has both powers. So, I'm just gonna wait until that issue comes out.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queso6p4 said:

@savagedragon said:

Its Brian Wood people. (DMZ, Northlanders, Demo) Believe.

I mostly know Brian Wood because of the Star Wars stuff he's written but that hasn't disappointed so that bodes well for this book.

If you like political stuff, check out DMZ. Its a great series. really pushes the boundaries too.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: Did you bring an extra change of shorts for tomorrow, Hurricane!? 'Cause you're gonna crap 'em tomorrow...erm...today!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Awesome review Mat, you've persuaded me to pick it up.

Avatar image for winterfreakinsoldier
    WinterFreakinSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@akbogert said:

It's all the more ironic when you consider @inferiorego's comment in the verdict, "It's Marvel's all-female X-team that never mentions the fact it's an all female X-team, and that's something I love about it."

It seems this is a case of editorial missing a point which the writer has nailed.

It's the writer of the book that writes the solicits, not the editors.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#73  Edited By Queso6p4

@savagedragon: Ok, thanks. I'm not into political stuff but would definitely give it a shot. I was looking over his page here on cv after reading this review and comments, and remembered that I'd also read like two issues of Mara.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

The art is obviously good but the story... things just happened way too conveniently. All I want to know is what the hell happened between Bling and Mercury.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@queso6p4:

His Northlanders, Conan, The Massive, Demo, Local, DV8 and other smaller works are also worth the look.

BB

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: I'M COMIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

(to read the hell out of this first issue, as i haven't quite gotten around to the lcs...YET)

Please don't do this to me right now. I'm shaking all over.

bsmith1190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@inferiorego: As a bro once told me, fans don't know what they want. So who cares if a bunch of whiny bitches think you're being generous.

Alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This title has been on my most anticipated list for quite some time, so I'm glad to hear that it has been received positively. I look forward to picking it up.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Veitha

I've just read it... It's. Just. Great.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By theTimeStreamer

it's 3.5 at best. just ok. nothing great. gonna check the next issue out but if nothing great happens im dropping it.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a decent issue. I didn't particularly care for Kitty reverting to the age of 14, but meh no one's perfect.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By CTG

@thetimestreamer said:

it's 3.5 at best. just ok. nothing great. gonna check the next issue out but if nothing great happens im dropping it.

LOL @ dropping it after two issues.

No wonder good books get cancelled so often - half the readers have no patience to allow a story to develop. It's like if there's no "Luke, I'm your father" moment every other page, the book isn't worth picking up.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: have you read it? and do you have unlimited funds to waste on things that arent cutting it? good for you, not everybody.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I'm just so over all these X-books. A shame, because some are probably good.

How hot is Storm lately, though? Phwoarrr, girl.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lykopis

FANTABULOUS.

SPECTACIBLE!

I loved it. I really and truly loved it -- review was spot on (phew!! -- I knew it would be but still, had to make sure) and I am already over the moon with this fantastic start. Lots happening without losing the story-line, characterization spot-on with all the X-Men in the book getting great panel time (Rogue is just...is just... ** DIES!!!!**)

I deserve to be this happy. I do. Art, story, everything. Oh yes, and....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#89  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

This issue wasn't superb, nor was it horrible, it was just meh. I don't see the big hype or the disappointment, if anything I could care less for this issue it was just an intro to what we'll be seeing. That being said I'm not really looking forward to this issue. The only thing remotely interesting was the confrontation between Bling! and Mercury haha. So tired of reading about Kitty, Rogue and Storm.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: have you read it? and do you have unlimited funds to waste on things that arent cutting it? good for you, not everybody.

Of course I've read it - I don't comment on things that I haven't.

What's you definition of great? For a story in any type of medium to be great, it has to build up to that point. There's nothing wrong w/ dropping a book that you don't feel is cutting it - we've all done it at some point - but after 2 issues? That's just being impatient - especially since a monthly book @ $4.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

When the preview came out, I was all like Meh due to the hype yet after reading it, I firmly enjoyed it, and can't wait for the next issue. Brian Wood does it again.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Putting my thoughts down as I read, so if I answer some of my own questions/thoughts along the way, that's why.

Olivier Coipel, Clay Mann and Jamie McKelvie all do this thing where they put the characters in 'civvies' during some scenes. It's one of my favorite things about reading books with these artists. Coipel and Mann have a similar style (Mann is my favorite artist currently working), but I feel like McKelvie actually puts the most study into fashion...if that makes sense. Regardless, love seeing little touches like that in the art.

While on the topic of fashion, Kitty Pryde needs a new costume ASAP. It's been far too long for her to still be going around in that. Come on guys, let's get on it. I know that the O5 are getting a redesign during the upcoming 50th anniversary arc, hopefully Kitty does as well.

O__O I love the way that this book is shaping up. Brian Wood, I must admit, is not somebody I'm overly familiar with. But like Higgins, his interview pre-books convinced me that he'd have a handle on these characters and he did not fail to disappoint, by any means.

Baby packs a wallop. It'll be interesting to see if they actually turn him into a recurring character in the X-books or just sticks around for an arc and disappears, never to be heard from again. As is usually the way with children and babies in comics, or at least in the X-Verse.

Brian has a really good grasp on all these characters. It's a team book and we switch perspective from character to character without really drowning anybody out. Some get more time than others, that's to be expected and I'm sure to be switched. Everybody served a purpose, but nobody was really relegated to just being thrown in to do one thing, if that makes sense. We saw each character individually and got a good feel for them.

I love that they're using Sublime as the bad guy (there's totally no way he's there for altruistic reasons..right?). He's had so much potential to just grandly fck things up for everybody and as we know, has come quite close in the past.

....oh. Well...THAT's an ending.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course I've read it - I don't comment on things that I haven't.

What's you definition of great? For a story in any type of medium to be great, it has to build up to that point. There's nothing wrong w/ dropping a book that you don't feel is cutting it - we've all done it at some point - but after 2 issues? That's just being impatient - especially since a monthly book @ $4.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't expect any less from Wood. Taking me back to age of classically compressed comics, filled to the brim with character interactions, gob-smacking moments and a plethora of other "good comic-book" criterion. It's just so good. LOVE that baby.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*exhales*

It was divine. The X-Men are officially a family again.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Rickbarry

I'll read the next issue on one condition. The mischievous baby needs to be in most every issue. Oh and if Kitty will not say "Omg" ever again. It's cringe worthy!

Baby avatar obtained!

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By tomchu

@teerack said:

I'm still unconvinced this is going to be good. Considering you guys do sorta hand out 5 star reviews :V

Good point.

This.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomchu said:

@reignmaker said:
    @teerack said:

I'm still unconvinced this is going to be good. Considering you guys do sorta hand out 5 star reviews :V

Good point.

This.

You guys could always read it yourselves and form your own opinions.

For me reviews are for entertainment purposes only. Let's me relive a issue I've already read from someone else's perspective or gives me something to examine if I haven't read it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

Putting my thoughts down as I read, so if I answer some of my own questions/thoughts along the way, that's why.

Olivier Coipel, Clay Mann and Jamie McKelvie all do this thing where they put the characters in 'civvies' during some scenes. It's one of my favorite things about reading books with these artists. Coipel and Mann have a similar style (Mann is my favorite artist currently working), but I feel like McKelvie actually puts the most study into fashion...if that makes sense. Regardless, love seeing little touches like that in the art.

While on the topic of fashion, Kitty Pryde needs a new costume ASAP. It's been far too long for her to still be going around in that. Come on guys, let's get on it. I know that the O5 are getting a redesign during the upcoming 50th anniversary arc, hopefully Kitty does as well.

O__O I love the way that this book is shaping up. Brian Wood, I must admit, is not somebody I'm overly familiar with. But like Higgins, his interview pre-books convinced me that he'd have a handle on these characters and he did not fail to disappoint, by any means.

Baby packs a wallop. It'll be interesting to see if they actually turn him into a recurring character in the X-books or just sticks around for an arc and disappears, never to be heard from again. As is usually the way with children and babies in comics, or at least in the X-Verse.

Brian has a really good grasp on all these characters. It's a team book and we switch perspective from character to character without really drowning anybody out. Some get more time than others, that's to be expected and I'm sure to be switched. Everybody served a purpose, but nobody was really relegated to just being thrown in to do one thing, if that makes sense. We saw each character individually and got a good feel for them.

I love that they're using Sublime as the bad guy (there's totally no way he's there for altruistic reasons..right?). He's had so much potential to just grandly fck things up for everybody and as we know, has come quite close in the past.

....oh. Well...THAT's an ending.

Nice post! My impression exactly. :)

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick said:

@hawk2916: Yeah Jubilee has both of her powers now. So she's a sparkly vampire now. lol

Wouldnt that mean she's allergic to her own power? That must suck...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.