Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Books you would like to see during Secret Wars...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Okay so Im not in any way excited about Secret Wars and really dont know if I will be reading anything Marvel during this time. Im afraid for what might happen to the Xmen going forward and really Secret wars seems to be a bunch of What If? stories, which I thought Marvel already did in mini's but any way. Just seems kind of silly to derail everything for this but I guess in an attempt to try to get into the spirit and maybe see the so-called fun in it, I'm trying this thread. So with all the different alternate universes and realities involving the xmen in the upcoming Secret Wars, what are some books/alternate realities or even unfinished stories that are missing that you would like/have liked to see stories based in?

Here are mine:

Age of X- pretty cool alternate reality story. But what if Legion really did remake the universe. Also maybe add his personalities escaping like they did in the Legacy series when Rogue and company had to hunt them down.

Moira's Xmen- Vulcan,Petra, Sway and Darwin survive Krakoa and stay as a team.

Mutant X- for those who love Havok

Summers Rebellion (Forever yesterday)- more Ruby Summers, and a timeline where Hope is the dark messiah

Academy X New Xmen- either the House of M story(which I dont know may be in the Monarchy of M domain or something) or the Academy X vol.2 haunted arc in which Prodigy absorbs the skills and knowledge of anyone close by and keeps the knowledge instead of forgetting he basically becomes a tyrant.

Xmen the end/GeNext- "the 90's never happened" Chris Claremont. lol

of course these are stories that exist already as that seems to be what Secret Wars is about. However, just for the sake of humor and playing around a bit, if we are just doing something brand new and trying it out which Secret wars seems to be doing with some other monster stories not involving Xmen, Avengers, Inhumans etc. then I'd say:

New Mutants/Generation X- a reality in which the Xmen actually retired or become only teachers and mentors and the next generation took over.

Phoenixes- a cosmic series based on the Phoenix entity and Jean Grey and all the other host with explanations about the Phoenix and the White hot Room and everything.

Xmen heroes reborn- just a trial for those that want a seperate universe for the Xmen. maybe the only other superheroes might be the Fantastic Four. But the Xmen and mutants in their own universe/domain but with all the human elements.

Any thoughts?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

For me I would only like to see a few stories

"Decimation". Retelling or revision of the X-Men post M-Day. They can do their darker and edgier stuff if they want with it, but i feel like that was bigger then House of M, or E is for Extinction stories.

Age of X- I feel like this story needs revisiting and the way it depicted the mutants as isolated and at war with everyone outside their borders makes it work with the theme.

The Twelve- Lets say Apocalypse succeeds in his plan to....whatever he was trying to do before he altered reality. Let's see a world where the X-Men start falling and leading into the Askani timeline. The Askani timeline being one of the most important plot devises of the late 80's early 90's it would be fitting.

And if you twisted my arm..

80's X-Men. Picks up where the stories left off without X-Factor and the X-Men reuniting.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see an alternate take on the X-Men wiping the entire slate clean after Giant Size X-Men, and showing what would have happened if the original class stayed on with the new class. That would allow them to reintroduce alternate versions of other characters.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Age of X was a great story and would be perfect. I also would like to see House of M.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overlooked this thread, but there are definitely takes on the X-men I'd love to see even though they can't be that well-developed in such a short time.

Next Generation - Academy X grown ups that are not exactly X-men.

Eternal Fire Cult - a more twisted version of Hellfire Club taking on Apocalypse.

Species all out war - human, superhuman, inhuman, mutant, hulks?, A.I., aliens - one world isn't big enough for all.

What if Bendis never took over and somebody more creative did - I mean, even in four issues he/she could've achieved more with then superstar Renegade-clops.

Mutant pantheon - inspired by Pak's X-treme run idea, but a more fleshed out and well defined concept with mythological/X-mythos synergy and "Colossus" taking over Thor/Hercules POV archetype.

New Haven - Exodus and Sersi revive superhuman society on Genosha, turning it into a celestial, floating in the sky island.

Utopia - a world of peace where multifarious society enjoys the benefits of super-science and super-beings living in harmony.

Extinction Team: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - a world where ET existed much longer and eventually overshadowed Avengers.

AvX went ballistic - Avengers used Infinity Gems against P5 and event took cosmic scale, involving Thanos, Pantheons Galactus, Celestials etc.

From the top of my head.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

Age of X was a great story and would be perfect. I also would like to see House of M.

You're the man :)

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@uhypocrite: Well we did get House of M. I'm glad to see that at least.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@adamtrmm said:

Next Generation - Academy X grown ups that are not exactly X-men.

Eternal Fire Cult - a more twisted version of Hellfire Club taking on Apocalypse.

Mutant pantheon - inspired by Pak's X-treme run idea, but a more fleshed out and well defined concept with mythological/X-mythos synergy and "Colossus" taking over Thor/Hercules POV archetype.

Nice! Would love these titles!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! Would love these titles!

"Fanfics! Fanfics everywhere!" lol

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@uhypocrite: Well we did get House of M. I'm glad to see that at least.

I am more than grateful as well.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow....remember when we had ideas like this....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.