Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-23 not living to full potential?

Godric_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godric_Talon
    No Caption Provided

Ok, I have always been a huge fan of X-23 from the start but I'm having some serious doubts now. I feel like there is so much potential for X-23 to have major internal conflicts as her story progressed, but as soon as it seems shes about to tackle her inner demons, the story just flat lines. The only moments she seems to have of self-reflection is conversations with Wolverine or Gambit (which are becoming more rare) Feel free to disagree with me, but I think she has so much more potential to be a fan favorite and major character. I just want to hear some outside opinion to whether I am being to picky or not.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No way! I'm a big fan, wish she was back home in an X-book or her own. She had her life ripped away, and deserves some her time, but she could participate on a team too, she's got ages to live with that healing factor of hers

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By frozenedge2

I agree. There are a lot of characters, especially teen characters, that don't live up to the potential some writer set up for them in the past but just gets forgotten about later on

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any new characters that stick as major characters? Last decade or so?

Godric_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3:

Good point. I can't name any off the top of my head.

@dayvid3 said:

No way! I'm a big fan, wish she was back home in an X-book or her own. She had her life ripped away, and deserves some her time, but she could participate on a team too, she's got ages to live with that healing factor of hers

I'm not saying she needs to be put on a team. Quite the opposite actually. She was amazing on her own and was set-up almost perfectly. I just hated as soon as she was on her own trying to "find herself" she almost immediately went back to a team or under some ones supervision instead of becoming her own person. I know she has grown a huge fan base such as us but I don't understand why they keep putting her in these small roles in teams despite it.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fantomex_23: I'm all for her own book, but when she had one, it sounded like she didn't have enough juice to maintain it. Just trying to be realistic

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think that had to do with writer who also is the reason astonishing is getting canned imo. X23 is a great character and her and hellion and surge were a good team. I would love to see her in a book with those 2 as the nee xmen

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#9  Edited By knighthood

I'm sure there is more to her than this, but to me, she's just Wolverine with breasts. That opinion is probably why she's not growing in popularity.

I typically hate knock-off characters, but X-23 is kinda growing on me a tiny bit because of Avengers Arena. Probably not enough to buy a solo series though. If I'm wrong and she is somehow different, educate me, make me interested.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I feel that she should be in a series on a team like New Xmen. I think there is potential because she could be hated by both humans and mutants seeing as how she's a clone made in a lab. Im not a fan of anyone having solo series anyway

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HAWK2916

By the way a group like the New Xmen headed by Surge and Hellion smashing into Avengers Arena and taking down Arcade and rescuing everyone there would be a great premise to start a New Xmen book. Just a thought

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

@hawk2916 said:

By the way a group like the New Xmen headed by Surge and Hellion smashing into Avengers Arena and taking down Arcade and rescuing everyone there would be a great premise to start a New Xmen book. Just a thought

I've always thought the survivors would spin-into their own team book. Likely consisting of Nico, X-23, Deathlocket, Reptil, Chase (Darkhawk), and Hazmat.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HAWK2916

@knighthood said:

@hawk2916 said:

I've always thought the survivors would spin-into their own team book. Likely consisting of Nico, X-23, Deathlocket, Reptil, Chase (Darkhawk), and Hazmat.

Not a bad idea. Though i'd prefer she stay in an xmen book

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I really liked the most recient X-23 series but am not such a big fan of how she seems to be forcible seperated from the X-Men due to an editorial decision first to put her in Avengers Acamedy and now Avengers Arena. The solo series showed her starting to find herself and develop her own identity seperate from Wolverine, the X-Men and the horrible things that have happened to her in her life. Then later when Wolverine becomes the big puba in the X-Men he sends her to the Avengers just when he starts a new school for mutants. This makes no sense at all. Clearly editors at Marvel want her on an Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.