Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

wtf future jean grey? SPOILER FOR BOTA #2

• 86 results
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This event was just shock material IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

well that escaladed quickly...and here I made this topic to talk about future jean's powers LOL but well yeah I guess it has to do with the series as a whole

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Robert2928

@john_valentine: I totally agree with you there with being better than AvX. I didn't mind the length however I wished they would have replaced an issue (Issue #6 I think?) to extend the final battle into two parts but that's just IMO

Even though Battle of the Atom is the first comic event I've followed but even with beer goggles I'm aware it's not the best event but it's entertaining at the least. I especially enjoyed Cyclops and Wolverine working together against Xorn (I'm just disappointed their alliance was short lived)

IMO Wolverine just needs to step down from the leadership role because it has went to his head. The whole "Holier than Thou" routine towards Cyclops and his team is getting in the way of the X-Men moving on to bigger and better things.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robert2928: IMO Wolverine just needs to step down from the leadership role because it has went to his head. The whole "Holier than Thou" routine towards Cyclops and his team is getting in the way of the X-Men moving on to bigger and better things.

Thing is, this holier than thou attitude Wolverine is showing against Cyclops isn't even in character. Arrogance isn't a Wolverine character trait. It is simply bad writing in order to create more gratuitous drama. Completely ridiculous.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@danhimself said:

@john_valentine said:

I think I'm one of the few who didn't really hate this event. It wasn't great, but it was definitely better than AvX, IMO.

I agree.....not great but it's still better than what we've been getting for close to a decade now

And i'll be laughing myself to sleep on that one...

better than Gillen's run, better than Fraction's run, better than Claremont's recent run, better than Austen's run

Just gonna assume you didn't read those runs, even Fraction's and Austen's, and are only basing your grading criteria on tidbits from tumblr or CBR. Dw, it's okay.

I mean, that's totes some kool-aid they've got you drinking there if you're truthfully saying and believing BOTA was better than everything we've gotten in the last decade. LOL.

I've read every X-men book since the early 90's....Austen's run was one of the worst ever...not just in the last decade.....I didn't say that it was better than everything in the last decade....I did say that it's better than want we've been getting for the last decade....it's not better than Morrison's or Whedon's...but it is definitely better than the runs I listed before....you don't need to be condescending to people over your opinions...not everyone likes the same things

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Putting Jean and spoilers in the title gives away the spoiler everyone knows shes gonna die its what she does best.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy (*$^ man.

I kept reading that the ending would change everything and there'd be shocking revelations and all that crap. Where is it all ? Why the hell did they not even tell us what happens to the future X-Men ? Where are the huge plot twists and change that they promised us ? This is the most ridiculous ending to any comic series ever. It makes AvX look like a complete joke lol.

Forever Evil is blowing BOTA away.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What was the purpose for this event again? Set up a new status quo or something for the X-verse? What really got me itching was how they made Wolverine the guy who asked for the x-men to stay united, where as it was cyclops who originally did that 'thing' during Schism arc... and on the note of Jean Grey's power up, wasn't she always inherently powerful? her omega-ness plus her innate connection to the phoenix force kinda justified her showings i guess?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Holy (*$^ man.

I kept reading that the ending would change everything and there'd be shocking revelations and all that crap. Where is it all ? Why the hell did they not even tell us what happens to the future X-Men ? Where are the huge plot twists and change that they promised us ? This is the most ridiculous ending to any comic series ever. It makes AvX look like a complete joke lol.

God damn, Forever Evil is a good book. Really enjoying it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wolverine008

@avenger85 said:

Holy (*$^ man.

Infinity is blowing away BOTA too.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By John Valentine

@john_valentine said:

@avenger85 said:

Holy (*$^ man.

That's also true and I'm not even really an Avengers fan.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@john_valentine said:

@avenger85 said:

Holy (*$^ man.

That's also true and I'm not even really an Avengers fan.

Avengers assemble b%tch!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By HAWK2916

Seriously people. Come On!!! This was a terrible event. The whole premise was ridiculous. How can anyone who's read and followed the Xmen for years say with a straight face that they enjoyed this event and that it was good. The Avengers are kicking the Xmen's ass in terms of writing and the Xmen are getting whats left over of decent writers. Have our standards really dropped that low, that we cant recognize crappy writing and ridiculous ideas. I love the xmen as much as any other diehard and I get that sometimes we feel we have to support everything just so we don't get it cancelled completely. But we can be honest here: Though I support the xmen hands down, this was horrible. My four year old daughter could tell a better story. Austen was terrible as a writer and this is on par, in fact even below that. Please stop kidding around on this, its really disturbing.

Not only was the premise and basis for the storyline bad, it was also horribly executed and Im not sure if the objective was even realized from the beginning. Nobody knows why or what or when or how, its bad writing. I do editing for a living and I would burn this if it came across my desk

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: I knew it wouldn't last, especially with Warbird constantly coming on to bobby (which would be a better relationship anyways). Coincidentally, I totally had that same thought about Kitty and Scott. It is going to happen; think about it: Kitty is now on the Scott band wagon, Scott is now single and looking to mingle, Kitty hates Emma, it all fits.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By poisonfleur

Marvel has a real trolling problem with the x-men lately... :/

It's going too far at times.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: Yeah, but I think it's been established that they still love each other. Or at least that's what I remember. Either way, it'll be the lamest thing ever if that's the case.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tigerkaya

I feel sorry for the x-fans dealing with Bendis believe me having deal with him in Avengers was a nightmare.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I feel sorry for the x-fans dealing with Bendis believe me having deal with him in Avengers was a nightmare.

Ughh I Remember when he thought it was a good idea to have Storm join the Avengers? And on her first mission she got knocked out twice and foamed at the mouth....

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69  Edited By cameron83

@blacharrt1 said:

@mechem_93 said:

She said she had problems controling her powers and in the final battle she just got overload I guess....didn't make much sense.

the whole event doesn't make sense...

the whole genre doesn't make much sense...

:v

I wouldn't really say that....at all.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: just terrible and a poor use of her to that. I just hope he doesn't add an Avenger to the team I hate it as it is with all this X-men joining the Avengers Marvel needs to the two separate and ignorant of each other.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gonnarain: Cyclops' smile at the end made the issue worth the $3.99 I paid to buy it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soduh2 said:

@gonnarain: Cyclops' smile at the end made the issue worth the $3.99 I paid to buy it.

cyclops always has the upper hand when it comes to wolverine

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The event as a whole Left a bad taste in my mouth the way age of ultron did.they should really stop doing so many events and focus on getting their books to a good coherent flow.their kinda getting progressively worse at it although Infinity has been good.

@ohopesummersforthefuture said:

@soduh2 said:

cyclops always has the upper hand when it comes to wolverine

cyclops is the Bugs bunny to logans Elmer fudd

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say the event was TERRIBLE. But for the so-called "Biggest X-Men Story Ever" like it was billed to be... it fell WAY short.

Inconsistencies in character aside, the thing that annoyed me the most was nothing much was resolved or explained AT ALL. The WHYS of what was set up in the beginning never get fully explained. The only status quo changing happened in the form of Kitty joining Cyclops.

The are SO MANY unanswered questions:

Why can't the O5 go back? What happens that Xorn-Jean felt she had to send the O5 back? Now that the O5 can't go back, does this still mean that whatever happens to them will directly affect the present? In BOTA#1 Cyclops getting "killed" almost changed the fabric of the present reality. Who is Kid Xavier?

And these are just the few i cld think of. And the answers we do get are disappointing. Example: When i first saw Ice-Hulk, my mind raced with the possibilities of how Bobby came to be that way. Then there came Ice-Wizard. Ok. Cool. So Ice-Hulk may not be Bobby after all. Or Perhaps the Wizard isn't Bobby. Or perhaps this ties into Marjorie Liu's Iceman story (which was great btw). Then the explanation came. in a SINGLE panel within two speech balloons. And the explanation was the most obvious route they cld take.

The Ice-Hulk thing illustrates my beef with the whole event. I enjoyed the setup and the first two chapters of BOTA. There was a sense of mystery, intrigue, and possibilities. But it all falls apart after that. Every chapter i hope that more is explained, resolved or revealed... But nothing of any consequence happens.

Even SCHISM (which fans are still divided about) had more of an impact and consequence. It brought about lasting change that actually did alter the dynamic of the X-books. AND IT DID IT WITH ONLY 5 ISSUES. Whether you liked Schism or not, at least it ACHIEVED something.

By the end of BOTA... No closure of the Schism. No death of anyone meaningful. No change to the fabric of reality. No eye opening revelations. All we got is, Kitty disillusioned with WATXM and joins Uncanny and the O5 are here to stay. Now i know why Marvel's Top 50 X-Men ended with Kitty as #1. They so DESPERATELY want us to feel that Kitty's defection is HUGE.

What a let down.

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I agree with you, the way they are writing Wolverine lately does him little justice. He's usually the go to guy for the blunt truth lol

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robert2928: Everybody is getting f%cked over character wise so there can be more drama in X books.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By GonnaRain

I'm not really picky when it comes to comics, to be honest I'm quite new and did enjoy most X-Men material I've been reading, that's until Marvel NOW came. I don't like Bendis, but even I enjoyed some of his work AND events... I did like AvX and even House of M, both greatly criticized over the Internet, but this... This was too much, nothing happened, at all. Too much time travel, too many unnecessary "new" characters wasting screen time while many other beloved characters were left for wallpaper material, and by the end we got NOTHING. AT. ALL.

Only "big change" that we got was Kitty leaving the looser's squad an joining UXM, and even if I like Kitty, that's not a change that deserves to be served as an event, specially not one who was self-proclaimed as the "biggest X-Men event". Biggest joke so far.

Also, with events like Forever Evil and Infinity going on right now, BotA looked even worse by comparison.

Eclipse-32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#79  Edited By Eclipse-32

I can now safely say this about this event:

"Well now, thatwas a complete waste of time."

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was warned about him and had no clue how bad it was going to be :-(.....Bendis has been a nightmare x 10.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mechem_93

Kitty and her reasons to go with the uncanny team makes no sense...why would she leave all of her friends to be in the same team with magneto and emma? Bendis clearly wants to be the only one who writes Kitty

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya said:

I was warned about him and had no clue how bad it was going to be :-(.....Bendis has been a nightmare x 10.

Sucks be a X-men fan right now :/

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@frogdog said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@tigerkaya said:

Sucks be a X-men fan right now :/

Agreed. I had high hopes at first because I did like Secret Invasion and House of M.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ageofhurricane said:

@danhimself said:

@john_valentine said:

I think I'm one of the few who didn't really hate this event. It wasn't great, but it was definitely better than AvX, IMO.

I agree.....not great but it's still better than what we've been getting for close to a decade now

And i'll be laughing myself to sleep on that one...

Do you actually like anything X-related anymore? You seem to have hated almost everything you've read since Morrison/Whedon.

Thats what i said but he does have a reason to complain. the xmen have been pretty shitty. athough the Legion run is surprisingly good

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having read this issue, i now fear for the future of X-Comics. This event was supposedly one that'd make all the X-Men rethink their own prospective as the landscape would've been changed beyond comprehension, but all this running around culminated in: Aaron's Wolverine being preachy about the JGS even though its purpose has been contradicted, Jean dying for the 565867417280th time (while complaining about Scott and Logan's age-old pissing contest), some irrelevant future X-Men dying and Kitty's final grandiose speech of how the JGS faculty couldn't trust her followed by a whiny departure on unsubstantiated grounds. She even cried, lmfao.

No explanation for what, exactly, happened in the future x-men's present to justify the vehement sending back of the O5, no explanation for why the O5 were unable to go back and no explanation for Xorna's malfunction.

What was the point? *shrugs*

I mean, are comic book fans actually clamoring for this stuff ?

agreed!

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Blacharrt1

Apparently Kitty freaked out and broke up with Bobby, blaming him for indecision to help her potentially destroy the fabric of time. I have to scratch my head at the thought. She broke up with Colossus because he was willing to die in order to save the world. Now she breaks up with Bobby because he wasn't willing to put his life on the line to keep them around? Chris Claremont, Joss Whedon and Warren Ellis are rolling over in their grave with this new Kitty. She's HORRIBLE.

It's too bad that she finally realizes she needs a real man like ol' Petey. Dude upgraded to Neena. You blew it!

Anywho, ignore my silly ranting. This event was terrible. It made me hate a majority of X titles.

Joss Whedon, Chris Claremont and Warren Ellis are all dead???????!!!??!?! someone please tell me something?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The more I want to get back in to the X-Men the more Marvel find a way to make me completely disinterested

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.