Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

wtf future jean grey? SPOILER FOR BOTA #2

• 86 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So what the hell happened to Jean's powers? She kicked Phoenix Quentin Quire's ass. He is already one of the most powerful on the planet and an omega himself + he had the phoenix and she handed his butt to him then she goes berserk and explodes? I dunno, say anything about this LOL

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She said she had problems controling her powers and in the final battle she just got overload I guess....didn't make much sense.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She said she had problems controling her powers and in the final battle she just got overload I guess....didn't make much sense.

the whole event doesn't make sense...

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mechem_93 said:

the whole event doesn't make sense...

the whole genre doesn't make much sense...

:v

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Having read this issue, i now fear for the future of X-Comics. This event was supposedly one that'd make all the X-Men rethink their own prospective as the landscape would've been changed beyond comprehension, but all this running around culminated in: Aaron's Wolverine being preachy about the JGS even though its purpose has been contradicted, Jean dying for the 565867417280th time (while complaining about Scott and Logan's age-old pissing contest), some irrelevant future X-Men dying and Kitty's final grandiose speech of how the JGS faculty couldn't trust her followed by a whiny departure on unsubstantiated grounds. She even cried, lmfao.

No explanation for what, exactly, happened in the future x-men's present to justify the vehement sending back of the O5, no explanation for why the O5 were unable to go back and no explanation for Xorna's malfunction.

What was the point? *shrugs*

I mean, are comic book fans actually clamoring for this stuff ?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently Kitty freaked out and broke up with Bobby, blaming him for indecision to help her potentially destroy the fabric of time. I have to scratch my head at the thought. She broke up with Colossus because he was willing to die in order to save the world. Now she breaks up with Bobby because he wasn't willing to put his life on the line to keep them around? Chris Claremont, Joss Whedon and Warren Ellis are rolling over in their grave with this new Kitty. She's HORRIBLE.

It's too bad that she finally realizes she needs a real man like ol' Petey. Dude upgraded to Neena. You blew it!

Anywho, ignore my silly ranting. This event was terrible. It made me hate a majority of X titles.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Apparently Kitty freaked out and broke up with Bobby, blaming him for indecision to help her potentially destroy the fabric of time. I have to scratch my head at the thought. She broke up with Colossus because he was willing to die in order to save the world. Now she breaks up with Bobby because he wasn't willing to put his life on the line to keep them around? Chris Claremont, Joss Whedon and Warren Ellis are rolling over in their grave with this new Kitty. She's HORRIBLE.

It's too bad that she finally realizes she needs a real man like ol' Petey. Dude upgraded to Neena. You blew it!

Anywho, ignore my silly ranting. This event was terrible. It made me hate a majority of X titles.

Well, Rick, Neena's not that much of an upgrade but she istotes more fun than this depressed Mary Sue!

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing I'm the minority who was entertained by the event lol

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing I'm the minority who was entertained by the event lol

Lol dw. There's a vast majority, they're just waiting for the fan-rage dust to settle.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry said:

Well, Rick, Neena's not that much of an upgrade but she istotes more fun than this depressed Mary Sue!

I'm on full tilt right now. First this event and now I'm reading that the Sriracha Factory could be shut down. I'll be out of my favorite hot sauce product. Taking nothing I say over the next few hours seriously.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the ending where kitty and the o5 go with cyclops and i knew that would happen from the start. marvel didnt surprise me on that one

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the ending where kitty and the o5 go with cyclops and i knew that would happen from the start. marvel didnt surprise me on that one

It didn't really make sense to be honest. I mean...she disagrees with everything Scott has done and pretty much hates Illyana until this latest issue. Now they hug it out? Tha fudge?!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having read this issue, i now fear for the future of X-Comics. This event was supposedly one that'd make all the X-Men rethink their own prospective as the landscape would've been changed beyond comprehension, but all this running around culminated in: Aaron's Wolverine being preachy about the JGS even though its purpose has been contradicted, Jean dying for the 565867417280th time (while complaining about Scott and Logan's age-old pissing contest), some irrelevant future X-Men dying and Kitty's final grandiose speech of how the JGS faculty couldn't trust her followed by a whiny departure on unsubstantiated grounds. She even cried, lmfao.

No explanation for what, exactly, happened in the future x-men's present to justify the vehement sending back of the O5, no explanation for why the O5 were unable to go back and no explanation for Xorna's malfunction.

I have not yet picked this up (probably won't bother) yet but the reactions on CBR and CV has been pretty much the same....WTFF lol....

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the real issue with the Xmen, is that they need to get back down to the basics. Some of you won't like what I say. The X-men need to get back down to one team and one leader! That being said Wolverine is no leader,anybody who has read comics in the last 15 or 20 years know this. No disrespect to Wolverine fans, but he is and always has been a good soldier. That leaves Rogue , Storm, and Cyclops. Storm is decent and I won't mention Rogue out of respect for her fans. That leaves the one true leader of the X-men, like it or not, Cyclops ! There should be one X-force.The X-force book should be lead by Cable, if Wolvie is still at odds with Scott , he could help carry out X-Force missions. They X franchise has too much going on to the point where it's confusing. And we also have Legion out there, I can't begin to even describe what's going on in his book, that's left field for me!

Spaced_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spaced_Boy

Agreed the whole thing was a mess

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adamTRMM

@rickbarry said:

She broke up with Colossus because he was willing to die in order to save the world.

I still don't get why they even broke up since the beginning, what because they weren't on the same team? Like it is the problem, they don't do missions together doesn't mean they cannot meet. I mean, Colossus was through some difficult period of life, why would she leave him like this?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think I'm one of the few who didn't really hate this event. It wasn't great, but it was definitely better than AvX, IMO.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think I'm one of the few who didn't really hate this event. It wasn't great, but it was definitely better than AvX, IMO.

I agree.....not great but it's still better than what we've been getting for close to a decade now

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

I agree.....not great but it's still better than what we've been getting for close to a decade now

My main complaint is the decompression of the event. Could have easily been done in six issues; two one-shots and four issue tie-ins.

I liked CrazyBeast and Xorean. DickXavier was interesting. The ending was pretty decent too.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@john_valentine said:

And i'll be laughing myself to sleep on that one...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Chris Claremont, Joss Whedon and Warren Ellis are rolling over in their grave with this new Kitty.

OMG You killed Chris Claremont, Joss Whedon and Warren Ellis!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This was a stupid and pointless event. Those that find themselves entertained and enjoying this stuff are the reason why we constantly get this horrible crap. Nothing of significance happened and the whole event was based on the stupid premise of Beast going back in time and bringing the O5 to the present to do an intervention with Cyclops. It doesnt get any dumber than that. A more profound event that would shake up the teams would have been for the xmen to be more involved in or to be just completely given the current storyline from Uncanny Avengers. Not this asinine idiotic mess that we got

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@john_valentine said:

Do you actually like anything X-related anymore? You seem to have hated almost everything you've read since Morrison/Whedon.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@john_valentine said:

better than Gillen's run, better than Fraction's run, better than Claremont's recent run, better than Austen's run

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, Aaron and Bendis really just don't know how to write Wolverine at all.... jeez.......................

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As I was reading this last issue and reading Jean pretty much tell Scott and Logan what we've all been thinking, I was hoping that this event would end this ridiculous schism. I was hoping that Scott, Logan, and everybody else would see that they've completely screwed up the future not only for themselves but for their students and every new mutant to be born. I was secretly hoping at the end of all of this, Scott and Logan would stop being little b*&^%es to each other and get over what happened with Charles. Now I'm just hoping the return of Kurt and the eventual return of Chuck himself is gonna end this crap

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick, it's been a long time, but I finally agree. I am bummed that BobKat is done.... Over something so dumb. Bendis just really wanted Kitty to be exclusively his.....

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its no way in the world this event was better than AVX and its not better than Gillen and Fraction's runs. This event was below even Bendis' current run on Uncanny. I think this was an Aaron driven event and it was garbage. How anyone can say its better than AVX or really most of the stories since Morrison's run is beyond me. It really bothers me when I think about where the franchise is headed considering this event and the fans that have been bamboozled into thinking its good and are drinking this brand of corporate koolaid, its scary.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I was reading this last issue and reading Jean pretty much tell Scott and Logan what we've all been thinking, I was hoping that this event would end this ridiculous schism. I was hoping that Scott, Logan, and everybody else would see that they've completely screwed up the future not only for themselves but for their students and every new mutant to be born. I was secretly hoping at the end of all of this, Scott and Logan would stop being little b*&^%es to each other and get over what happened with Charles. Now I'm just hoping the return of Kurt and the eventual return of Chuck himself is gonna end this crap

Totally agree......funny how jean didnt want neither of them and how her dying again didnt change anything.....im still worried about the time paradox tho and blame it on age of ultron<--------eveything goes back to that and black bolts's stupid t-bomb that also broke time and space

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By danhimself

@frozenedge said:

Totally agree......funny how jean didnt want neither of them and how her dying again didnt change anything.....im still worried about the time paradox tho and blame it on age of ultron<--------eveything goes back to that and black bolts's stupid t-bomb that also broke time and space

how did the t-bomb break time and space?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@frozenedge said:

it went off during x-men war of kings

http://www.comicvine.com/vulcan/4005-21233/ this one is very helpful, where i read it from

http://www.comicvine.com/war-of-kings/4045-55758/ this one not so much but its short

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@frozenedge said:

it went off during x-men war of kings

http://www.comicvine.com/vulcan/4005-21233/ this one is very helpful, where i read it from

http://www.comicvine.com/war-of-kings/4045-55758/ this one not so much but its short

I thought you were talking about the Terrigenisis bomb that was set off during Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I liked the arc even for just the action, but I wish they explained wth happened to Jean's powers why did they become so out of whack. I mean she can contain phoenix force but with her own power she self destructs??

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I liked the arc even for just the action, but I wish they explained wth happened to Jean's powers why did they become so out of whack. I mean she can contain phoenix force but with her own power she self destructs??

my guess is that it's because this Jean never had the blocks put in by Xavier to keep her powers in check

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: but this is pretty far off into the future she would have likely learned to control it like she did in the normal universe?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: but this is pretty far off into the future she would have likely learned to control it like she did in the normal universe?

I don't know...just guessing....maybe the blocks kind of let her gradually learn how to use that power or maybe even kept more held back then we even realized and this Jean Grey was what would happen if she had full access to all of her powers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@dernman said:

@rickbarry said:

Chris Claremont, Joss Whedon and Warren Ellis are rolling over in their grave with this new Kitty.

how are they rolling over if they're dead? :v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@rickbarry said:

Phoenix force brings them to life just for that

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GonnaRain

Best issue so far... Just because it's finally the end.

It sucked, so bad. I can't believe how stupid can Wolverine be... honestly, after everything Xorna said, he still went about how Scott is crazy, how the JGS rocks, whatever little chance they had to make up, he threw it into the toilet. Kill him already please.

And Aaron sucks at being neutral. BotA is supposed to be a X-Men event, not a WatX event, especially not in a "neutral" issue, and this read just like WatX.

The only thing I liked was the final prologue, Kitty flipping off all of them, and her changing sides along the O5 (even though they will probably leave in the next ANXM). Scott's grin was priceless.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler said:

@dernman said:

@rickbarry said:

Phoenix force brings them to life just for that

too soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Welcome to the X-men, where power levels are always inconsistent.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rickbarry

@oldnightcrawler: It's a Charles Barkley thing. I guess it's way too inside for people to get, but the joke is that they're not dead and can see what crap their once great product has turned into.

@john_valentine: Let's not go crazy here. AvX certainly wasn't great, but it at least had a coherent beginning, middle and end.

@dman1366

I didn't like it, but I at least got the idea of the relationship. She needed something casual after Piotr. Granted, it rubbed me the wrong way, but I at least understood it. This? I don't even get Kitty Pryde anymore. She's dragging people onto the front lawn in their pajamas to be a drama queen. Every other damn issue is a monologue about how she's been wronged in some way!

I swear. If Bendis hooks Scott/Kitty up it's going to make my head explode.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis would do something like that. I think he exist to piss longtime diehard fans off

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@john_valentine said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@danhimself said:

@john_valentine said:

Do you actually like anything X-related anymore? You seem to have hated almost everything you've read since Morrison/Whedon.

Indeed i do. I'm not here for honorary lamentations in hopes that things will some day take a turn for the better so you can cease your conjectural statements. I never liked Whedon's run all that much anyways.

Anything Wood-related. Spurrier's Legacy and Hopeless' X-Force. Cornell's Wolverine, also.

I have a strong distaste for Bendis-Aaron material. They've deconstructed the X-Men's already crumbling rock of quality story-telling which is the crux of the franchise in one fell swoop. It wouldn't be much of an issue if they were dealing with satellite titles, but no, these two hacks are at the forefront, headlining what everyone's supposed to pay attention to and be on the look out for.

Yourself and others are obviously enjoying this to bits and that's cute an' all. But this not really the X-Men. This is stupidity.

@danhimself said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@danhimself said:

@john_valentine said:

better than Gillen's run, better than Fraction's run, better than Claremont's recent run, better than Austen's run

Just gonna assume you didn't read those runs, even Fraction's and Austen's, and are only basing your grading criteria on tidbits from tumblr or CBR. Dw, it's okay.

I mean, that's totes some kool-aid they've got you drinking there if you're truthfully saying and believing BOTA was better than everything we've gotten in the last decade. LOL.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

I have not yet picked this up (probably won't bother) yet but the reactions on CBR and CV has been pretty much the same....WTFF lol....

Just don't even think about. Don't.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Yourself and others are obviously enjoying this to bits and that's cute an' all.

But this not really the X-Men. This is stupidity.

I've mostly agreed with your main points on this topic, but being condescending doesn't make you any more of an authority on what is and isn't the X-men.

What you mean is that it isn't what you like about the X-men, and hey, that's fair. I just think that to call it "stupidity" is an arbitrary distinction. It implies that if someone doesn't share your taste, it's somehow a reflection of their intelligence. Which, besides being insulting, is just simply not true.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

Yourself and others are obviously enjoying this to bits and that's cute an' all.

I've mostly agreed with your main points on this topic, but being condescending doesn't make you any more of an authority on what is and isn't the X-men.

What you mean is that it isn't what you like about the X-men, and hey, that's fair. I just think that to call it "stupidity" is an arbitrary distinction. It implies that if someone doesn't share your taste, it's somehow a reflection of their intelligence. Which, besides being insulting, is just simply not true.

No. That's not what i actually mean and the implication wasn't a belittling of anyone's intelligence. BOTA's severely poor quality and nonsensical tropes are an objective deduction and observation, all things considered. This is one thing that has absolutely nothing to do with personal tastes and wants--you can actually see the faults and qualms for yourself here for which would rightfully lead myself and many others to make such a substantiated conclusion: it's stupid. And many others have.

Unfortunately, It's not just about me anymore. *shrugs*

Only time will tell what the fate for X-Comics truly holds.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

No. That's not what i actually mean and the implication wasn't a belittling of anyone's intelligence. BOTA's severely poor quality and nonsensical tropes are an objective deduction and observation, all things considered. This is one thing that has absolutely nothing to do with personal tastes and wants--you can actually see the faults and qualms for yourself here for which would rightfully lead myself and many others to make such a substantiated conclusion: it's stupid. And many others have.

Unfortunately, It's not just about me anymore. *shrugs*

Only time will tell what the fate for X-Comics truly holds.

I don't want to sound like a dick here, but are you sure you're using the word "objective" correctly?

because if you think you are, I think you're wrong..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.