Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Would you prefer if the X-MEN had their own universe?

• 55 results
    william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The X-MEN have normally been kept distant from the rest of the Marvel Universe, once you have them interact with the other heroes it often felt a bit strange, having the public accept the likes of Thor and Iron Man but they hate the paraplegic who's dedicated his entire life to teaching peace. Because, of this, I've always thought that the X-MEN work better in their own universe, without the likes of Captain America or Spider-Man. What do you think, do you think the X-MEN work better in their own universe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No. They've been part of the Marvel Universe for too long.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Koays  Online

I've been in this position before grandma's crib posters outside of my door....woah where'd that come from?

Anyway I find it funny that this is getting the opposite answer of the last few times it was done. My answer remains the same....i don't care nearly as much about the connections to the Marvel universe as I do about the X-MeN. And in modern times being connected to Marvel does more damage then it would if they were apart. So even if we don't have a separate universe I generally would prefer the X-Men not to be to heavily linked with the rest of Marvel and to be more independent.

That said...still liking the X-Men/Inhuman War direction werr getting so who knows...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I've been in this position before grandma's crib posters outside of my door....woah where'd that come from?

Anyway I find it funny that this is getting the opposite answer of the last few times it was done. My answer remains the same....i don't care nearly as much about the connections to the Marvel universe as I do about the X-MeN. And in modern times being connected to Marvel does more damage then it would if they were apart. So even if we don't have a separate universe I generally would prefer the X-Men not to be to heavily linked with the rest of Marvel and to be more independent.

That said...still liking the X-Men/Inhuman War direction werr getting so who knows...

inhumans wins cause marvel hates x-men cough cough AvX

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle
    @william300 said:

The X-MEN have normally been kept distant from the rest of the Marvel Universe, once you have them interact with the other heroes it often felt a bit strange

No they haven't......and no it isn't. Nearly every X-Men character has been majorly impacted at some point by some other character or concept in the Marvel Universe.

@william300 said:

having the public accept the likes of Thor and Iron Man but they hate the paraplegic who's dedicated his entire life to teaching peace. Because, of this, I've always thought that the X-MEN work better in their own universe, without the likes of Captain America or Spider-Man. What do you think, do you think the X-MEN work better in their own universe?

This is a misconception. The citizens of the Marvel Universe don't always accept the likes of Iron man and Thor, and there has been multiple story lines throughout the history of those characters where the government attempts to go against them (isn't that what the famous Civil War story was about??). Even the Days of Future Past story, which is a constant in the X-Men mythos, always claims that eventually humanity turns on all super humans and the Sentinels try to kill them all......doesn't the first page of the actual Days of Future Past story arc feature the tombstones of the Fantastic Four??

At any rate...it does make sense that humanity would treat mutants with more hostility than they would regular super humans because most super humans have control and gained powers through some freak accident. Not only do most of mutants have no control when they manifest their abilities and potentially, or do actually harm innocents, but they are also often said to be the "next step in evolution".....and the peoples of the ruling class, wherever it is and whoever they are, usually don't like being told that a race/gender/species or whatever is intrinsically better than them...so, they logically probably hate them, no??

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always hate the fact then the x-men don't interact with the rest of the marvle universe more often.

So no I don't want them having their own universe, and I hope then in the upcoming new Uncanny Avengers their having a team of master of evil with x-men foe has member.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This comes up quite often. Really I don't care at this point. I think the Xmen would do fine in their own universe. Interaction with the rest of the Marvel Universe is fine too, as long as they don't always relegate the xmen to the bottom of the pile. Xmen vs Inhumans will probably be horrible for x-fans and really is unnecessary. Xmen being in their own separate universe is not the terrible idea that some try to make it out to be. Conversely the Xmen being seeing as always distant from the rest of the Marvel U is not entirely true either. I couldn't help but fantasize about the Xmen as part of Valiant or over at Image, that would be awesome

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: You are being sarcastic right

Desmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

There are too many super powered beings running round the planet, at times it feels like there are more powered people than normal people.

Split them off in to their own universe.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Koays  Online

@hawk2916: lol about liking the Inhuman War, or not caring if there apart from Marvel?

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sir.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@desmo: Considering comic books about superhuman beings are centered around those superhuman being lives why would normal people even matter outside of a plot to drive a particular story? The fact is normal people whether seen or unseen outnumber supes by a very large amount. If too many normal people start running around should they get a separate universe so we can focus on the random dogs that live in the MU?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koays  Online

@hawk2916: lol well I don't like the reuse of the mutant extinction angle but other wise there's a lot of potential for how far this is taken and how far there willing to go by warring with this one specific faction. As long as they don't lose I kind of wanna see how they take it..

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No.

They are part of the MU.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

No. They've been part of the Marvel Universe for too long.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I like when the X-men interact with other heroes. I just want Wolverine to stay out of the way.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: You are just asking to be disappointed. Lol. You know damn well the Xmen will lose.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Koays  Online

@hawk2916: lmao, this could be an underdog story..you never know.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get them their own universe.....let Marvel have their precious Inhumans, and Quicksilver's white hair that now makes no sense whatsoever

The X-Men are legitimate superheroes. Not flip-floppy casualties of this annoying ongoing war between Fox and Marvel. Be done with it

90's X-Men show managed to have very few Avengers cameos, and they did just fine....so lets just go back to the 90s.......forever

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there was ever a time where the X-Men could have had their own universe it's long past gone.

They're a cemented part of the Marvel U. A staple. To remove them now would just bring chaos and confusion. Don't full-throttle-ostracize my X-Men.

Plus I still wanna see Cannonball and Smasher with their young one. . .

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just want good stories.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes. it would make a lot more sense for them to be in there own universe, one without other superhero's.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WARLOCK2792

So we can get more gems like AVX which are clearly designed to make the Avengers seem like the better team, while sellouts like Havok and Professor Xavier cosign them.......

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't really care. The comics shows they can fit in the MU, the movies show that they have enough history and backstory to fit in their own universe.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@cattlebattle: He is saying that for a long time X-characters hadn't crossedover into other MU books very frequently compared to other MU characters and vice versa, not that they haven't been impacted by them. I can only think of a hand full of X-characters that have done that pre-AVX like Wolverine(because he is everywhere), Storm(relationship with Black Panther), the Maximoff twins(being Avengers), and Deadpool.

Mutant characters in general don't show up in none X-book frequently. The only ones that come to mind are Madame Web, Squirrel Girl, and Franklin Richards.

Even Marvel acknowledged this by bringing it up in Civil War and AVX that the Avengers don't get involved in mutant affairs that much. Which of course lead to the Uncanny Avengers team.

I agree with you on the point that none-mutants with super powers are fear and hated often. This was the case at the end of the She-Hulks mini-series and is a common theme of the Hulk franchise in general.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I wouldn't mind them guest starring in the occasional avengers crossover....like in the 90's cartoons

However, stuff like the divorce of Storm and Black Panther just go to show that pettiness is still the word of the day over at Fox and Marvel studios, so I'd be glad to see a split

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I like them in a shared universe with other heroes.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Koays  Online

@the_stegman: I wouldn't mind them guest starring in the occasional avengers crossover....like in the 90's cartoons

However, stuff like the divorce of Storm and Black Panther just go to show that pettiness is still the word of the day over at Fox and Marvel studios, so I'd be glad to see a split

Wait I thought getting Storm back from Black Panther was a reward for the X-Fans sitting through AvX?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I had high hopes for that marriage...and the beautiful children that were supposed to come from it (The Watcher told me lies, and I should sue the bastard for pain and suffering).

Black Panther was a jerk and everything for most of their portrayals together....but the way they broke up though..........she dragged his ass through Wakanda. 0-f***s given that day. Onlookers watched as their Queen went H.A.M. against their King....never steal storms from a Weather Witch with martial arts skills

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
    StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300 said:

The X-MEN have normally been kept distant from the rest of the Marvel Universe, once you have them interact with the other heroes it often felt a bit strange

No they haven't......and no it isn't. Nearly every X-Men character has been majorly impacted at some point by some other character or concept in the Marvel Universe.

@william300 said:

having the public accept the likes of Thor and Iron Man but they hate the paraplegic who's dedicated his entire life to teaching peace. Because, of this, I've always thought that the X-MEN work better in their own universe, without the likes of Captain America or Spider-Man. What do you think, do you think the X-MEN work better in their own universe?

This is a misconception. The citizens of the Marvel Universe don't always accept the likes of Iron man and Thor, and there has been multiple story lines throughout the history of those characters where the government attempts to go against them (isn't that what the famous Civil War story was about??). Even the Days of Future Past story, which is a constant in the X-Men mythos, always claims that eventually humanity turns on all super humans and the Sentinels try to kill them all......doesn't the first page of the actual Days of Future Past story arc feature the tombstones of the Fantastic Four??

At any rate...it does make sense that humanity would treat mutants with more hostility than they would regular super humans because most super humans have control and gained powers through some freak accident. Not only do most of mutants have no control when they manifest their abilities and potentially, or do actually harm innocents, but they are also often said to be the "next step in evolution".....and the peoples of the ruling class, wherever it is and whoever they are, usually don't like being told that a race/gender/species or whatever is intrinsically better than them...so, they logically probably hate them, no??

You can't tell who is Mutant and who isn't because a Mutant could have way more control of his powers then Spider-Man and not out himself as Mutant people would think he is Superhuman.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white_mage: There could have been so much to this marriage and story. They were shortsighted and messed it up but there was enough there to support its own ongoing for quite a while and really could have shown different direction for the X-books and Avengers. As much people hated how things were done, because there was no need to just have Storm absent from all the x-books, I wish they would revisit this and have them remarry but this time do things the right way not just for the hell of it

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: He is saying that for a long time X-characters hadn't crossedover into other MU books very frequently compared to other MU characters and vice versa, not that they haven't been impacted by them. I can only think of a hand full of X-characters that have done that pre-AVX like Wolverine(because he is everywhere), Storm(relationship with Black Panther), the Maximoff twins(being Avengers), and Deadpool.

The X-Men have been around since the 1960s and have crossed over with other Marvel titles and have had events in their life shaped by interactions they have had with the rest of the Marvel Universe constantly; Professor X's paramour Lilandra is head of the Shiar which is part of Marvel's Galactic Trinity along with the Skrull and Kree. Beast was a member of the Avengers for nearly a decade and was instrumental in their story lines when they clashed with the NSA. Angel and Iceman were members of the reformed Defenders along with Beast and the Champions of LA, where they forged relationships with various characters from the Marvel U. Ms Marvel was a huge part of Rogues character for years and Ms Marvel was even kind of an auxiliary X-Man for a time. Dani Moonstar had a winged horse from Asgard and became a Valkyrie. Forge started out working for the Superhuman Council along with Gyrich who despite appearing in the X-Men cartoon in the 90s, was more of an Avengers character and it was he who sapped Storm of her powers initially forcing her to undergo a serious character development.....and that's just naming a handful of X-Men.....Maybe recently they haven't a had a whole of connections to the whole Marvel U but from 1963 -2000s they did.

Mutant characters in general don't show up in none X-book frequently. The only ones that come to mind are Madame Web, Squirrel Girl, and Franklin Richards.

So what?? Captain America characters don't usually show up in non-Captain America books, it doesn't mean Captain America should be in his own separate Universe....you know??
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I almost wish that we could have the X-books as they are, in the marvel u, you know keeping with continuity. But then also have something separate like another universe similar to what the Ultimate universe was, in which the x-stories are somewhat retold and revamped but with mutants being the only ones with super powers. You could still tell rich stories. And we could compare the two.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: The lost potential, and "What Ifs?" are what hurt the most. I still blame Reginald Hudlin for only doing a good job during the "Dark Reign" arc of showing them working as a team, and loving each other. He spent most of his time trying to make that comic like a show that could air on BET, and less time trying to really let you see these two characters together in a way that is COMPLIMENTARY......I will never forgive him for having T'Challa scold Storm for helping him against DOCTOR DOOM

If Dwayne McDuffie had had the reigns....I don't even think this conversation would be happening right now.lol

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#39  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I like it both ways.

The X-men concept holds up just as well in a world without superheroes as it makes sense in a world with one.

It really just depends on the story for me, but the X-men work equally well in lots of different stories.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@cattlebattle: I said "compared" to the rest of MU characters few X-characters crossover frequently with the rest of the MU. Like Spiderman who for decades had books that was all about him teaming up with other heroes from the 1970s to 2010s(Spider-Man team-up, Marvel team-up, Avenging Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up). The only X-characters that come close to regularly teaming up like Spidey(pre-AVX) are Wolverine, Storm, the twins, and Deadpool. Beast, Iceman, and Angel being on those teams was decades ago wasn't it?

I never denied that they had connections with the rest of the MU. But the rest of the MU rarely got involved in mutant affairs before Unncanny Avengers(which the team was a response to)

Cap characters are not a good comparison. As mutants are an ethic group that lives across the globe. So you would expect many of them to show up regularly in none-X-book.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I said "compared" to the rest of MU characters few X-characters crossover frequently with the rest of the MU. Like Spiderman who for decades had books that was all about him teaming up with other heroes from the 1970s to 2010s(Spider-Man team-up, Marvel team-up, Avenging Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up). The only X-characters that come close to regularly teaming up like Spidey(pre-AVX) are Wolverine, Storm, the twins, and Deadpool. Beast, Iceman, and Angel being on those teams was decades ago wasn't it?

That's because Spider-Man is Marvel's "main guy". He is the most marketable and hence why he would appear the most in team ups. You never really saw Daredevil for example do a lot of team ups either, it doesn't mean that character should be removed or would work better outside the Marvel Universe. At any rate, during Claremonts infamous run in the 1980s, I would say the X-Men or New Mutants didn't go at least one year (12 issues) without running into the likes of Arcade, Hydra, The Hand, Dr Doom, The Fantastic Four, An Avenger....because they are very much an important part of the Marvel Universe. It also doesn't really matter how long ago any of these events were, they are still important to the same characters that were shaped by the events that happened in their continuity...take Psylocke for instance, not only is her brother Captain Britian, a non mutant and non X-Men character, but the whole reason she is in the body of an Asian woman is because of Spiral, the Hand, and the Mandarin; none of which were initially X-Men related characters.

Cap characters are not a good comparison. As mutants are an ethic group that lives across the globe. So you would expect many of them to show up regularly in none-X-book.

Mutants do show up regularly in other books though. Lots of random villains many characters fight are considered mutants like Mandrill, members of the Serpent Society, Typhoid Mary etc. Captain America and his team used to work alongside Freedom Force in his series. Members of the Winter Guard like Darkstar are mutants. Characters like Vance Astorvik, Namortia and Firestar were members of the New Warriors and at a time, Avengers. The Great Lakes Avengers are comprised of mutants, Franklin Richards is a mutant, Kraven's daughter and Ricochet in Spider-Mans continuity are mutants. Mutants are everywhere.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@cattlebattle said:

Mutants do show up regularly in other books though. Lots of random villains many characters fight are considered mutants like Mandrill, members of the Serpent Society, Typhoid Mary etc. Captain America and his team used to work alongside Freedom Force in his series. Members of the Winter Guard like Darkstar are mutants. Characters like Vance Astorvik, Namortia and Firestar were members of the New Warriors and at a time, Avengers. The Great Lakes Avengers are comprised of mutants, Franklin Richards is a mutant, Kraven's daughter and Ricochet in Spider-Mans continuity are mutants. Mutants are everywhere.

I don't think I can prove this, but if you took all of the named marvel characters with super powers, heroes and villains alike, I think you'd find that actually the vast majority of them are mutants.

yeah, there are lots of gods, aliens, Inhumans, etc, but even all of those combined are probably less than the amount of mutant characters. And guys like Cap', DD, Spidey, Hulk, Strange, etc, would be a pretty negligible percent. Which I guess is to say, that in the superhero population, mutants are the opposite of a minority.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HAWK2916

All of this kind of goes to prove at least to me how unnecessary and ridiculous House of M was in the long run. Even though it was a damn good story. The depowering of the mutants which mostly happened to the x-villans funny enough really was....ehhh just not good.

I still think the Xmen could be fine in their own universe and they are great sharing a universe as well. It could work either way. We've done the shared universe thing so maybe its time to let them go off on their own for a while.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I can prove this, but if you took all of the named marvel characters with super powers, heroes and villains alike, I think you'd find that actually the vast majority of them are mutants.

yeah, there are lots of gods, aliens, Inhumans, etc, but even all of those combined are probably less than the amount of mutant characters. And guys like Cap', DD, Spidey, Hulk, Strange, etc, would be a pretty negligible percent. Which I guess is to say, that in the superhero population, mutants are the opposite of a minority.

True. That is a problem I believe Joe Quesada had with the X-Men titles when entering the 2000s. People were just creating mutant characters exponentially or lazily failing to provide a backstory for a new character and just naming them a mutant with no real respect that mutants are supposed to be this shunned minority of people. They managed to do M-Day, which kind of killed the population a bit, but, that wasn't really the best to handle it.

On the other hand, if mutants are supposed to be the next step in human evolution in the comics it does make sense that they would inevitably become the majority.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Honestly the only way the concept of X-Men style mutants actually makes sense is when they exist in a universe with other types of super powers. If their mutations are an evolutionary response to the other crazy mystic and sci-fi crap going on in the MCU, then the wide array of abilities seems like nature just seeing what works. If those kinds of mutants lived in a world where they are the only type of power, the evolution angle doesn't really work since it wouldn't require as large a variety of abilities to adapt.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

True. That is a problem I believe Joe Quesada had with the X-Men titles when entering the 2000s. People were just creating mutant characters exponentially or lazily failing to provide a backstory for a new character and just naming them a mutant with no real respect that mutants are supposed to be this shunned minority of people. They managed to do M-Day, which kind of killed the population a bit, but, that wasn't really the best to handle it.

On the other hand, if mutants are supposed to be the next step in human evolution in the comics it does make sense that they would inevitably become the majority.

If that's what they are -that's a theory that's never been proven- it would still take several generations of people being born mutants to become the majority among the billions of humans on Earth.

But, considering that most people on Earth are human, it would make sense that most of the ones with powers got them naturally rather than by accident.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think what needs to happen is that the whole marvel comic universe could be toned down and simplified. Every villain should not end up as an Avenger or Xmen. There should be 150 Xmen on ten teams and 1500 Avengers everywhere. The Avengers, Xmen, FF, Inhumans should all have defined premises and different things that they do although at times crossovers happen. Some of this stuff is what I think leads some people to call for a separate universe. Its just that many want things cleaned up. And i cant say i really disagree with that notion

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cattlebattle

@hawk2916 said:

I think what needs to happen is that the whole marvel comic universe could be toned down and simplified. Every villain should not end up as an Avenger or Xmen. There should be 150 Xmen on ten teams and 1500 Avengers everywhere. The Avengers, Xmen, FF, Inhumans should all have defined premises and different things that they do although at times crossovers happen. Some of this stuff is what I think leads some people to call for a separate universe. Its just that many want things cleaned up. And i cant say i really disagree with that notion

The cause of this is perpetuality. The fact that things are rarely allowed to change that dramatically and characters have to stick around forever. It's always more or less been the bane of Marvel and DC. DC at least reboots their continuity every several decades.

For example, there was a point in time when the Avengers was always primarily comprised of Captain America, Iron Man and Thor in some rotation, and they were usually teamed with a lot of lesser known characters trying to prove themselves as heroes, like Black Knight, Spider-Woman, Tigra, Wonder Man......the list goes on. It was sort of a unique thing to the Avengers and made them this neat little team that stood out differently from a team like the Justice League...where it is essentially the most famous super heroes ever known all on one team. This formula, along with the idea that everyone should become an Avenger sort of dissolved when Bendis created New Avengers, not only did the Avengers roster get rounded out with popular characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine, but when older characters returned they couldn't just sweep the more popular characters under the rug in favor of them.....so, you just wind up with everyone being an Avenger.

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought about it but it would make sense. First off, one of the things in X-Men that always intrigued me most was the "Mutant discrimination and fight for humans/mutants to co-exist peacefully". It brings me back to the days of Martin Luther King Jr. BUT, let's face it (and i'd bet i'm not the only one whose pondered this before), it would all make A LOT more sense if there weren't other super heroes running around who are not mutants, yet for some reason humans have no problem excepting them for their differences. We dont hear them call Captain America a "freak!", do we?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@ghostrider88: Captain America is a national treasure, plenty of humans treated Spiderman and the Hulk like freaks regardless of their heroic deeds. Mutants are seen as a threat because they represent something that can replace normal humans as the dominant species. Non-mutant heroes (that retain a human appearance) represent human potential to be special and that only applies to certain heroes as I'm sure superhuman villains and non-human looking supes whether they are mutant or not are hated/feared/not trusted just as much as mutants.

At the end of the day non-mutant heroes have better PR than mutants.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.