Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Would you like to see Jean Grey (one who died) come back?

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jojo111

Ever since the beginning of Uncanny, I've had this urge for Jean to come back, I'm not sure what they could do with her exactly, but I was thinking maybe she could come back and lose her Phoenix powers and join Logan? I dont know, Scott's team just doesn't seem like it'd fit Jean well. What do y'all think?

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jojo111

Note that i am a hardcore Emma Frost fan. I guess you could say I have frostbite :p

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Madame_Mist

If written well then I'm all for it. It can't just be some summer event, it's gotta make sense.

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jojo111

@Madame_Mist: Yeah, my only problem is I do NOT want Jean and Scott getting back together. I'm still waiting on Emma and Scott to get back together :(

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Madame_Mist

@jojo111 said:

@Madame_Mist: Yeah, my only problem is I do NOT want Jean and Scott getting back together. I'm still waiting on Emma and Scott to get back together :(

Seriously, I'm so with you there.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eeshaan1685

I can't wait for Scott & Jean to get back together :P

At least young Scott & young Dark Young Jean will, hahaha

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I've got too much to say on this one.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By colonyofcells

Both the cartoons and the movies like to use Jean so my guess is the comics will also be using Jean.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I have no problem with characters dying, but I liked Jean, and wouldn't mind seeing her come back. That whole Phoenix thing seems like such a character killing idea and I just want it retconned lol.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

And FYI, Jean Grey is not dead.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By dangallant984

@jojo111: I really like Jean, honestly, but I feel like bringing the original Jean back -again- into regular 616 continuity would just be too contrived and probably serve no purpose. Plus it would negate the effect her character has on the characters still around.

So I'd have to say no. If someone wants to have a story with Jean, they can use an alternate version (AoA, Ultimate, All-New, what have you), or just have it set in the past. Although, I guess I wouldn't be opposed to one of those versions coming to regular continuity, as long as the original remained dead.

They could even invent a parallel world just for that purpose. What about this: Jean shows up from a parallel world in which she is that world's equivalent of Magneto, the X-men's greatest villain. She explains that on her world, it was actually her clone daughter, Rachel Grey, who was the X-men's greatest hero. And that she had, just before coming to our world, accidentally killed her during a heated debate. She pleads with Rachel to take her clone-daughter's place, explaining that most of her world's X-men had been killed in the war between Mastermold and Apocalypse, and that that war still raged, in dire need of a hero. Rachel agrees to do it (maybe she could even take some currently unused characters with her and be the new X-treme X-men), on the condition that the repentant Jean stay in the custody of our X-men for rehabilitation, where she could eventually redeem herself of her villainous past.

or whatever. But, at this point, I don't think I'd ever want to see the original come back.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By marvel123
    XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XsPectre28

bring jean back without phoenix force but with a power boost. id like to see her & scott back together as it was all her plot, she knew what was going to happen to her hence her not only pushing scott away but also urging him to be with emma but because him n emma are done and with the whole O5 scott's love for jean is renewed allowing emma to move on with either namor or magneto, logan & storm to be together, & rogue to renew her relationship with gambit. tired of marvel shaking up some of the best relationships in x-men. also like to see iceman & lorna back together since havok is done with her.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Veitha

No

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By judasnixon

Leave her dead.....

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#16  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I kind of want Jean Grey to come back, but I have a feeling that Marvel will just kill her again whenever the Phoenix Force is once again involved (they destroyed it in AVX, but we know it's going to come back).

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dangallant984

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I kind of want Jean Grey to come back, but I have a feeling that Marvel will just kill her again whenever the Phoenix Force is once again involved (they destroyed it in AVX, but we know it's going to come back).

This is one of the many reasons I wouldn't want to see her come back.

I gave Endsong a chance, I gave AvsX a chance, and I swear I will never again knowingly buy a comic book that has the Phoenix in it. It's got nothing to do with what I like about the X-men to begin with, and it's been beaten beyond death. Just too played.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Blood1991

I don't dislike her character, but she has become a running joke about comic death and the joke is no longer funny. Leave her dead.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#19  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@dangallant984 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

This is one of the many reasons I wouldn't want to see her come back.

I gave Endsong a chance, I gave AvsX a chance, and I swear I will never again knowingly buy a comic book that has the Phoenix in it. It's got nothing to do with what I like about the X-men to begin with, and it's been beaten beyond death. Just too played.

I agree. It seems like the only thing that Jean Grey was ever used for was as a gimmick for deaths and resurrections and it's starting to get old.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.