Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Would you like to see improved sentinels in Apocalypse?

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I personally have this cool idea, well it's not even an idea more like a tease with the ending of DoFP saying Trask was arrested for selling secrets. It was 1973, with the cold war very much on.If Apocalypse is a global threat, why cant we have a scene or scenes where the Soviets after getting Trask's blueprints, made their own more armoured and weaponised sentinels to both deter their own mutant threat and also be a cold war winning weapon..I dont want them to be like the Mark x , just a Mark 4 perhaps more like 10 foot tall robots with transformers type weaponry. My view is even though sentinels are not central to the story this time. They can be used as humanity's first line of defence against Apoc and his horsemen.If they are sent against Apoc we can trully see his power set as he/his horsemen either destroy(s) or re-wire them to attack our mutant hero groups.

Obviously the Xmen could go after Apocalypse after the sentinels fail or while the horsemen are distracted by sentinels whichever way the writers choose to go.I think that would be beyond epic, granted it's not an entirely original idea as it was used in Xmen:Evolution animation series, but seeing it on film would be amazing. I actually beleive the sentinel vs mutant battles of DoFP instead of the usual mutant vs mutant mash-up of previous films is what made DoFP so much better actionwise. In Apocalypse with this idea we could very well have both sets of spectacle

What do you guys think?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@martian81: I could see how using the Sentinels in that way would be a good way to show both how much of a threat Apocalypse is, and how much the X-men are maybe needed to deal with threats that other people can't..

..but, though they make a good threat, the Sentinels aren't very compelling as villains. Considering that the last film featured two different versions of the Sentinels already (which, while necessary to the plot, were kind of the least interesting part), I think I'd rather see more focus on some villains that had some actual personalities.

The Sentinels are a great part of the X-men mythos, for sure, but when the story's only going to be a couple of hours long, I'd rather see some colorful mutant threats than just a bunch more robots.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'oldnightcrawler' I dont mean they should figure in the story as villains, I just think before the mutants battle each other, humans should try to stop Apocalypse on their own putting faith in their military power and sentinels. Just for a good action scene. I doubt this will be done though. It all depends on the story coz if Apocalypse is the threat from a future timeline, who has sent his horsemen into the past then it could be another similar DoFP storyline of future Xmen battling a threat and past xmen battling a threat. When I hear some old characters may appear I cant help but think that is Singer's plan , but it seems too much like DoFP and in any case I want them to focus on a young Jean, Storm and Cyclops not the elder versions. This is the way to go for me personally.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

'oldnightcrawler' I dont mean they should figure in the story as villains, I just think before the mutants battle each other, humans should try to stop Apocalypse on their own putting faith in their military power and sentinels. Just for a good action scene. I doubt this will be done though. It all depends on the story coz if Apocalypse is the threat from a future timeline, who has sent his horsemen into the past then it could be another similar DoFP storyline of future Xmen battling a threat and past xmen battling a threat. When I hear some old characters may appear I cant help but think that is Singer's plan , but it seems too much like DoFP and in any case I want them to focus on a young Jean, Storm and Cyclops not the elder versions. This is the way to go for me personally.

I get the feeling we'll at least get some young re-casts of Cyclops, Jean, and Storm, since those are the characters that Wolverine mentioned specifically when he made Xavier promise to rebuild the X-men (just before the final battle in DoFP).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what @oldnightcrawler said...an interesting idea, but they'd need to devote screen time to establishing that other countries have sentinel tech, and i'd rather them focus more on Apocalypse's threat and his story since it could go very wrong considering the source.

Maybe they just role out the surviving ones from DoFP for a quick cameo during or after the fight. Just too much needs to be accomplished to make them a subplot or to justify there appearance, especially with only a handful of X-Men in the current time period.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays I dont think too much exposition or explanation is needed by the end of DoFP we are told Trask sold secrets to enemies ,it's the cold war so typically the implication is Soviets have the blueprints or prototypes of his work. Anyway as I said there is no need to delve too much into this if Apocalyse is a global threat it is easy to show Soviet sentinels battle him if only for a few minutes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.