Would Schisms have made more sense if it was storm Vs scott.

• 99 results
#1 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Too me the above just makes more sense. Logan had kitty and jubilee following him around on and off putting them in the same or worse danger then scott did.

Storm has always being the more level headed of the 3 a more nurturing character then scott and more of a teacher then logan may ever be.

I know scott and logan have there history but drawing the lines with those two makes little sense since I feel logan would have done the same in the situation. No doubt without the emotional strife.

Or is the scott logan divide the low hanging branch for the writers to grasp I'm sure a scott storm divide would take some work to make a good story.

Hope I make sense it's being a long day.

#2 Edited by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it would have made more sense if Storm was on the other side of the Schism because Wolverine has never been a primary leader among the X-Men. Also up until Schism Logan was, aside from issues related to Jean, was in lock step with virtually all of Cyclops decisions reguarding the X-Men. Yes he prefered to keep the younger X-Men out of trouble but instead of trying to wrap them up in cotton he would try to prepare them for potential trouble. Beast was the X-Men spouting the opinion that Cyclops was using the X-Men as soldiers and training the young X-Men to do the same, thats why he left. Beast could have never lead the Schism because he had become a non-entity within the X-Men leadership being gone for so long. Now Storm does have plenty of leadership experience with the X-Men and is one of their most prominent figures. Based on the X-Men history and continuity she would have been the best choice to oppose Scott. Problem with her is she is not as popular as she once was and since her marriage to T'Challa she has been divided between Avengers and X-Men as it seems with her Marvel is trying to maintasin some sembelence of continuty. With Wolvering continuty was thrown out the window years ago as Marvel seems intent on saturating the market with more Wolverine products reguardless of the quality. The corporate weasels at Disney/Marvel probebly leaned on the creative people and instructed them to make Wolverine the leader of the other side to further ride their cash cow into the ground.

#3 Posted by unicornpuncher (413 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude I never even thought of this, but it makes PERFECT sense. Storm could have been mad finding out about Scott's x force then decided to save the kids from it if thats the future Scott was making for them.

I think wolverine was only picked because of his popularity. But he does have a habit of taking jailbait... i mean young kids under his wing now and then.

#4 Posted by BewilderingBeing (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno about that.. First thing I don't think Cyclops would challenge Storm in the same way he did with Logan. Also its true that Storm is a bit more level headed and although she probably hated the idea of it, she knew X-force was necessary. They literally would be extinct without X-force intervening in many cases. She's is a pacifist mainly but knows sometimes u need to put a foot in someone's behind.

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have loved it if it were between Cyclops and Storm instead of this lame Scott vs Logan thing. Storm was really angry at the notion that X-Force exists, killing threats and problems that Scott didn't want publicized. If it were the Ororo Munroe School for Gifted Youngsters, then some of the X-Men that went in certain directions would have went to others instead! It was only until recently, not even after Messiah Complex or the Utopia story and such, that Wolverine wanted these kids to have a better and safer life. I say that this Schism was forced... but if it were between Cyclops and Storm it would have made more sense and flowed a lot easier! I feel that these creative teams are shoving this idea that Wolverine really wanted these kids to have a better life when in reality a more pacifist member like Storm would have been more suitable because of her concrete ideals. Storm better fills in the blank as safety care giver and peace seeker than Wolverine does.

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes x100.

#7 Posted by time (5173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Too me the above just makes more sense. Logan had kitty and jubilee following him around on and off putting them in the same or worse danger then scott did.

Storm has always being the more level headed of the 3 a more nurturing character then scott and more of a teacher then logan may ever be.

I know scott and logan have there history but drawing the lines with those two makes little sense since I feel logan would have done the same in the situation. No doubt without the emotional strife.

Or is the scott logan divide the low hanging branch for the writers to grasp I'm sure a scott storm divide would take some work to make a good story.

Hope I make sense it's being a long day.

Your completely right. Schism was a rubbish story and the X-Men dividing up, cause Cyclops and Wolverine don't agree on certain things, is just more rubbish being created by the writers. Storm and Charles should be running the school. When Jean finally returns, she should become headmistress of her school. The fact that X-Men is mainly about Cyclops, Wolverine and Emma Frost is really boring and it's getting really old. Time for a change. A big one.

#8 Posted by Dernman (15798 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and no.

#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't agree any more.  I think it would have made a lot of sense if Storm was the one that Cyclops was fighting over about whether or not the students should be soldiers or not because Storm had a long history of refusing to let children fight. Putting Wolverine in this position just makes everything so confusing and even makes his character even more confusing because not that long ago, Wolverine didn't have a problem with Cyclops' current ruling of the mutants.  But Marvel wanted to use Wolverine in this event because he's the cash cow for the company and Storm probably wouldn't have gotten so much recognition even if Schism centered around her and Cyclops.

#10 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Besides the fact that Storm is uninteresting, she isn't fit to truly lead the X-Men. She hardly has a say since she disappeared to Wakanda during some very hard times. Wolverine and Scott makes perfect sense. Wolverine is a killer, but he does it so no one else has to kill. I'm not sure what's so hard to to understand about that.

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

No. Besides the fact that Storm is uninteresting, she isn't fit to truly lead the X-Men. She hardly has a say since she disappeared to Wakanda during some very hard times. Wolverine and Scott makes perfect sense. Wolverine is a killer, but he does it so no one else has to kill. I'm not sure what's so hard to to understand about that.

LMFAO.
#12 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Two big egos, history of conflict, differing viewpoints, add a little fuel to the mix and the results are disastrous. Storm? Nonsensical.

#13 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Two big egos, history of conflict, differing viewpoints, add a little fuel to the mix and the results are disastrous. Storm? Nonsensical.

Two big morons, history of high-school arguments/fighting from the day they met over one red-head, even during her death, differing viewpoints somehow, seeing as how one of them is somewhat of a hypocrite, add a little marketing to the mix and the result is one big forced story to bring about a completely new status-quo for a franchise wrought with terrible writers. Ororo ? The wiser option.
#14 Posted by noj (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53: @papad1992: Im not sure they ever made this totally clear in Schism but the reason Logan had changed a bit and wanted the kids out of harms way was due to events in his solo book where he was forced to kill a number of his illegitimate children who had been trained with the express purpose of killing him. That traumatizing event coupled with his longstanding fondness for kids it would make sense that he would want to keep them out of the fighting not only so they dont end up dead like his own children, but also so they dont turn out like him.

#15 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Two big morons, history of high-school arguments/fighting from the day they met over one red-head, even during her death, differing viewpoints somehow, seeing as how one of them is somewhat of a hypocrite, add a little marketing to the mix and the result is one big forced story to bring about a completely new status-quo for a franchise wrought with terrible writers. Ororo ? The wiser option.

Haha. Ororo was never even an option. Really if it would be anyone, it would be Beast, but Wolverine makes sense. He's always seen himself as the guy who has to do the dirty work so others don't and he doesn't like what Scott's become if he would allow a teenager to kill.

Wrought with terrible writers? The X-Books have improved quite a bit since Schism, but you're free to your opinion I guess.

#16 Edited by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course that would make a lot more sense, but Cmon its Marvel. Pimping out wolverine is kind of their thing,

I think if it was Storm with the aid of Prof X and Wolverine against Cyclops it would have made soooo much more sense. I actually like the fact that they re opened the school (Wolverine and the X-men has been awesome so far - excluding AvX BS) but yah Schisim was stupid and it would have made more sense if the voice of dissent was that of Storm rather than wolverine (I still think makes sense for wolverine to go against scott because of their past history but shouldn't have been the centre of it)

Too bad AvX is just utter crap, hopefully things get sorted out soon with the X-men. The inconsistency with the actual story and the character involved are just stupid and the story I think is too soon after Schism. Also I think its getting to the point that I would entertain the return of Jean Grey, as long as she chooses the school over cyclops.

#17 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Haha. Ororo was never even an option. Really if it would be anyone, it would be Beast, but Wolverine makes sense. He's always seen himself as the guy who has to do the dirty work so others don't and he doesn't like what Scott's become if he would allow a teenager to kill.

Wrought with terrible writers? The X-Books have improved quite a bit since Schism, but you're free to your opinion I guess.

Indeed, she wasn't because unfortunately, she's fallen from the good old glory days (that isn't to say they're not coming back, as is evident) that once were. Beast ? No, not really. After finding out about X-Force, he wanted close to nothing to do with the X-Men (of which Scott Summers) was leading, not to mention, Beast (as far as I'm concerned) has never succesfully lead the X-Men in that sense and to me, does not fit that criteria. If anyone were to oppose Scott for leadership regarding the choices he made, it should be Ororo. Wolverine was only put in that position because Axel Alonso and Co. are too busy trying to shove the character down the throats of old-fans and new-fans alike, if they had actually put any thought into this and consideration, it should of been Ororo. Wolverine doesn't make an ounce of sense, he's put little girls like; Armor during her time with the Astonishing X-Men, Kitty Pryde (please refer to his infamous First Class series), Jubilee during her time with him--whenever, in the line of danger and action, he's even prompted these little girls to "fight" or W.E when needed. This whole "I don't want the next generation of mutants to fight, i want them to live the normal, healthy lives that they never got, bub" thing is just dumb, it makes no sense coming from the man who secretly runs a covert strike team specifically designed to kill designated threats (which is a good thing.). 

I wasn't talking about Post-Schism, i was talking Pre, thanks. 
#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes far more sense IMO

#19 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Indeed, she wasn't because unfortunately, she's fallen from the good old glory days (that isn't to say they're not coming back, as is evident) that once were. Beast ? No, not really. After finding out about X-Force, he wanted close to nothing to do with the X-Men (of which Scott Summers) was leading, not to mention, Beast (as far as I'm concerned) has never succesfully lead the X-Men in that sense and to me, does not fit that criteria. If anyone were to oppose Scott for leadership regarding the choices he made, it should be Ororo. Wolverine was only put in that position because Axel Alonso and Co. are too busy trying to shove the character down the throats of old-fans and new-fans alike, if they had actually put any thought into this and consideration, it should of been Ororo. Wolverine doesn't make an ounce of sense, he's put little girls like; Armor during her time with the Astonishing X-Men, Kitty Pryde (please refer to his infamous First Class series), Jubilee during her time with him--whenever, in the line of danger and action, he's even prompted these little girls to "fight" or W.E when needed. This whole "I don't want the next generation of mutants to fight, i want them to live the normal, healthy lives that they never got, bub" thing is just dumb, it makes no sense coming from the man who secretly runs a covert strike team specifically designed to kill designated threats (which is a good thing.). I wasn't talking about Post-Schism, i was talking Pre, thanks.

Beast wanting nothing to do with the X-Men is the point. It gives him motivation to start a new school. Just because you like a character better, doesn't mean they're the more logical choice. Storm doesn't have the skills, the motivation, or the nerve to divide the X-Men (not that she doesn't have any of this, but she wouldn't divide the X-Men.) I'm not the biggest Wolverine fan, but his motivations and actions make perfect sense. And like just said a few posts ago, Wolverine had recent events that made his philosophy more protective than ever. It makes perfect sense coming from a guy who runs a covert strike things to kill threats. They kill the threats so the kids aren't exposed to them and don't have to become killers like his team. What do people not understand about that?

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the last part, but the way you phrased it implied that you thought the current writers were terrible.

#20 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Indeed, she wasn't because unfortunately, she's fallen from the good old glory days (that isn't to say they're not coming back, as is evident) that once were. Beast ? No, not really. After finding out about X-Force, he wanted close to nothing to do with the X-Men (of which Scott Summers) was leading, not to mention, Beast (as far as I'm concerned) has never succesfully lead the X-Men in that sense and to me, does not fit that criteria. If anyone were to oppose Scott for leadership regarding the choices he made, it should be Ororo. Wolverine was only put in that position because Axel Alonso and Co. are too busy trying to shove the character down the throats of old-fans and new-fans alike, if they had actually put any thought into this and consideration, it should of been Ororo. Wolverine doesn't make an ounce of sense, he's put little girls like; Armor during her time with the Astonishing X-Men, Kitty Pryde (please refer to his infamous First Class series), Jubilee during her time with him--whenever, in the line of danger and action, he's even prompted these little girls to "fight" or W.E when needed. This whole "I don't want the next generation of mutants to fight, i want them to live the normal, healthy lives that they never got, bub" thing is just dumb, it makes no sense coming from the man who secretly runs a covert strike team specifically designed to kill designated threats (which is a good thing.). I wasn't talking about Post-Schism, i was talking Pre, thanks.

Beast wanting nothing to do with the X-Men is the point. It gives him motivation to start a new school. Just because you like a character better, doesn't mean they're the more logical choice. Storm doesn't have the skills, the motivation, or the nerve to divide the X-Men (not that she doesn't have any of this, but she wouldn't divide the X-Men.) I'm not the biggest Wolverine fan, but his motivations and actions make perfect sense. And like @noj just said a few posts ago, Wolverine had recent events that made his philosophy more protective than ever. It makes perfect sense coming from a guy who runs a covert strike things to kill threats. They kill the threats so the kids aren't exposed to them and don't have to become killers like his team. What do people not understand about that?

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the last part, but the way you phrased it implied that you thought the current writers were terrible.

If that's the point, then why bother himself with it's next generation ? Of course, he did jump to the occasion when Wolverine phoned him in with the plan, but, prior to that, he had shown nointerest of doing such things, and obviously, nothing came of it. He had other matters to attend to with being a member of the Secret Avengers, given Logan's ability to EGOT (be in multiple titles at once), he didn't have the luxury of that. Both situations are different. This has nothing to do with me liking Ororo more, as a fan, i know the character, know her beliefs and see why Schism should have been between her and Scott instead of Scott and Marvel's premiere cash cow. Honestly, if you don't know the character you're bad-mouthing, don't go off throwing false claims about them. Storm possesses the skils, more than enough motivation and a lot of nerve to divide the X-Men. If she feels the need to leave or "divide" the team as you say, then she'll do just that. She's lead the X-Men just as well as Scott has, Wolverine was only put in this postion because of Marvel and their inane hunger for money, sorry, but I'm going to deliberately disregard that, since when did certain choices or conflicts in core X-Titles make a big difference, or, follow on into other X-Titles ? Sorry, but I'm not buying that, excuse me for being oblivious. The only "kid" that has been a part of that team willingly was Laura, who is in a league of her own, of which I'm not going to go into. I doubt any of the other children have the same mental/psychological issues of her calibre.
#21 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Beast wanting nothing to do with the X-Men is the point. It gives him motivation to start a new school. Just because you like a character better, doesn't mean they're the more logical choice. Storm doesn't have the skills, the motivation, or the nerve to divide the X-Men (not that she doesn't have any of this, but she wouldn't divide the X-Men.) I'm not the biggest Wolverine fan, but his motivations and actions make perfect sense. And like @noj just said a few posts ago, Wolverine had recent events that made his philosophy more protective than ever. It makes perfect sense coming from a guy who runs a covert strike things to kill threats. They kill the threats so the kids aren't exposed to them and don't have to become killers like his team. What do people not understand about that?

If that's the point, then why bother himself with it's next generation ? Of course, he did jump to the occasion when Wolverine phoned him in with the plan, but, prior to that, he had shown nointerest of doing such things, and obviously, nothing came of it. He had other matters to attend to with being a member of the Secret Avengers, given Logan's ability to EGOT (be in multiple titles at once), he didn't have the luxury of that. Both situations are different. This has nothing to do with me liking Ororo more, as a fan, i know the character, know her beliefs and see why Schism should have been between her and Scott instead of Scott and Marvel's premiere cash cow. Honestly, if you don't know the character you're bad-mouthing, don't go off throwing false claims about them. Storm possesses the skils, more than enough motivation and a lot of nerve to divide the X-Men. If she feels the need to leave or "divide" the team as you say, then she'll do just that. She's lead the X-Men just as well as Scott has, Wolverine was only put in this postion because of Marvel and their inane hunger for money, sorry, but I'm going to deliberately disregard that, since when did certain choices or conflicts in core X-Titles make a big difference, or, follow on into other X-Titles ? Sorry, but I'm not buying that, excuse me for being oblivious. The only "kid" that has been a part of that team willingly was Laura, who is in a league of her own, of which I'm not going to go into. I doubt any of the other children have the same mental/psychological issues of her calibre.

Let me clarify, I think Wolverine is the best choice, but if it was anyone other than him it would be Beast. Storm has leadership skills for teams, not for the entire X-Men. She wouldn't want to divide them either, she'd look for a different solution to the problem.

Do you read Uncanny X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men? Events in those play into each other very clearly. Considering Schism and Wolverine were written by the same person, who now writes Wolverine and the X-men, I find it perfectly reasonable for him to carry over his recent developments of Wolverine. But excuse me for using logic.

Didn't you just mention several kids who were on the team? Or are you referring to X-Force alone? Regardless, X-23 is pretty messed up. Kitty played a pretty big role when she was a kid though. Most of the kids were on teams of their own getting sent out on missions, which is arguably more dangerous.

#22 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Let me clarify, I think Wolverine is the best choice, but if it was anyone other than him it would be Beast. Storm has leadership skills for teams, not for the entire X-Men. She wouldn't want to divide them either, she'd look for a different solution to the problem.

Do you read Uncanny X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men? Events in those play into each other very clearly. Considering Schism and Wolverine were written by the same person, who now writes Wolverine and the X-men, I find it perfectly reasonable for him to carry over his recent developments of Wolverine. But excuse me for using logic.

Didn't you just mention several kids who were on the team? Or are you referring to X-Force alone? Regardless, X-23 is pretty messed up. Kitty played a pretty big role when she was a kid though. Most of the kids were on teams of their own getting sent out on missions, which is arguably more dangerous.

If that's what you think, then so be it. What i know is, it should have been her call not Logan's, for several reasons. Sorry, but considering that Ororo has lead the entire X-Men on a lot of occasions, that statement is quite fals. She has the leadership skils for the entire X-Men, you probably just have not seen her in action as much as you'd like to think, forgive me if I'm wrong, though. It's the same with her as killing is if there was no other way to amend the problem, she'd get straight to it regardless of her morales, she'd divide the X-Men if she needed to, if that's what it realy came down to. If another solution just wouldn't work.

Yeah, i do. UXF also had events play into Uncanny X-Men recently, but that's only as of recently, especially with WaTX being a new title, now i acknoledge your point, but I'm just saying. Like, what's happening with Betsy and her "heart of ice" over in X-Force, this sort of persona doesn't seem to be rubbing off anywhere else if you ask me, not even in X-Men/Security Recon, the way i see it, fellow writers would only take certain events into account if they were of  great interest, or if it was compulsory for them to do so. You're right, it is quite reasonable, but this new attitude, this new "clique" that came out of absolutely no where just like the event itself, doesn't add up.

I was referring to X-Force anyways. I'm not exactly talking about Kitty in the context you think (?) I'm referring to. If you're talking about Academy X/New X-Men, i disagree, the fact that they weren't going on missions like that of X-Force, says a lot about the hostility of it all, consdering they were with a well-rounded team of friends as well.

#23 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

@Crimsonlord53: @papad1992: Im not sure they ever made this totally clear in Schism but the reason Logan had changed a bit and wanted the kids out of harms way was due to events in his solo book where he was forced to kill a number of his illegitimate children who had been trained with the express purpose of killing him. That traumatizing event coupled with his longstanding fondness for kids it would make sense that he would want to keep them out of the fighting not only so they dont end up dead like his own children, but also so they dont turn out like him.

Yeah see events like this do not need to be hindered at the base to one solo book that I don't read because I'm not a Wolverine fan!!

#24 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

If that's what you think, then so be it. What i know is, it should have been her call not Logan's, for several reasons. Sorry, but considering that Ororo has lead the entire X-Men on a lot of occasions, that statement is quite fals. She has the leadership skils for the entire X-Men, you probably just have not seen her in action as much as you'd like to think, forgive me if I'm wrong, though. It's the same with her as killing is if there was no other way to amend the problem, she'd get straight to it regardless of her morales, she'd divide the X-Men if she needed to, if that's what it realy came down to. If another solution just wouldn't work.

Yeah, i do. UXF also had events play into Uncanny X-Men recently, but that's only as of recently, especially with WaTX being a new title, now i acknoledge your point, but I'm just saying. Like, what's happening with Betsy and her "heart of ice" over in X-Force, this sort of persona doesn't seem to be rubbing off anywhere else if you ask me, not even in X-Men/Security Recon, the way i see it, fellow writers would only take certain events into account if they were of great interest, or if it was compulsory for them to do so. You're right, it is quite reasonable, but this new attitude, this new "clique" that came out of absolutely no where just like the event itself, doesn't add up.

I was referring to X-Force anyways. I'm not exactly talking about Kitty in the context you think (?) I'm referring to. If you're talking about Academy X/New X-Men, i disagree, the fact that they weren't going on missions like that of X-Force, says a lot about the hostility of it all, consdering they were with a well-rounded team of friends as well.

Well your "knowledge" is faulty. She lead teams of X-Men, never the whole organization like Cyclops and now Wolverine have had to do. If it was Storm in the event, she would have founder another solution because there isn't the same aggression between her and Cyclops or her and Wolverine like there is between the two of them.

Wolverine and the X-Men came straight out Schism, it's not too hard to believe the writer that wrote both of them and Wolverine's solo would play developments from each of them into each other. It's not like Aaron doesn't carries over themes between his books, or doesn't take into consideration current events in other books, or that Wolverine has never cared for kids. I don't read X-Men/Security Recon because it's mostly Utopia X-Men's answer to UXF and that doesn't appeal to me as most of his side doesn't either, Remender probably doesn't communicate with that book's writer so he wouldn't have really known in advance to change Betsy or he just didn't care. It's different for other said books because they all tied into each other and are effected by Wolverine's character, who plays a much bigger role in the X-books and is "Marvel's cash cow" so they're going to want to make sure every writer has a clear idea of where he's going.

Almost every X-Team is a well-rounded team of friends, so the teen teams weren't any different. The missions got darker throughout New X-Men and could get even worse. Wolverine saw Idie having to kill as a sign of a dark future for the X-Men, while Cyclops thought it was fine and that the X-Men had to do whatever it takes to survive. Wolverine thought that under Cyclops' leadership the kids would become brutal child soldiers and killers, who he just had to kill a big group of. Storm didn't have that experience, Storm doesn't feel the same way about Wolverine about killing, and Storm doesn't have a long, feuding past with Cyclops.

#25 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10839 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Agreed and well stated. And IIRC, technically she did divide the X-Men when she took her splinter group of X-treme X-Men to look for Destiny's diaries and later created the XSE. Her having the skills or the motivation is not even a question really. Her history proves she has both and more. I don't think either of us are stating Wolverine isn't capable, but we are also not blind to the obvious goal Marvel has here... adding another title that will successfully sell. Wolverine as headmaster of the school and is due to his popularity and money making power. No other real reason outside of that.

#26 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Yeah, i do. UXF also had events play into Uncanny X-Men recently, but that's only as of recently, especially with WaTX being a new title, now i acknoledge your point, but I'm just saying. Like, what's happening with Betsy and her "heart of ice" over in X-Force, this sort of persona doesn't seem to be rubbing off anywhere else if you ask me, not even in X-Men/Security Recon, the way i see it, fellow writers would only take certain events into account if they were of great interest, or if it was compulsory for them to do so. You're right, it is quite reasonable, but this new attitude, this new "clique" that came out of absolutely no where just like the event itself, doesn't add up.

Well your "knowledge" is faulty. She lead teams of X-Men, never the whole organization like Cyclops and now Wolverine have had to do. If it was Storm in the event, she would have founder another solution because there isn't the same aggression between her and Cyclops or her and Wolverine like there is between the two of them.

Wolverine and the X-Men came straight out Schism, it's not too hard to believe the writer that wrote both of them and Wolverine's solo would play developments from each of them into each other. It's not like Aaron doesn't carries over themes between his books, or doesn't take into consideration current events in other books, or that Wolverine has never cared for kids. I don't read X-Men/Security Recon because it's mostly Utopia X-Men's answer to UXF and that doesn't appeal to me as most of his side doesn't either, Remender probably doesn't communicate with that book's writer so he wouldn't have really known in advance to change Betsy or he just didn't care. It's different for other said books because they all tied into each other and are effected by Wolverine's character, who plays a much bigger role in the X-books and is "Marvel's cash cow" so they're going to want to make sure every writer has a clear idea of where he's going.

Almost every X-Team is a well-rounded team of friends, so the teen teams weren't any different. The missions got darker throughout New X-Men and could get even worse. Wolverine saw Idie having to kill as a sign of a dark future for the X-Men, while Cyclops thought it was fine and that the X-Men had to do whatever it takes to survive. Wolverine thought that under Cyclops' leadership the kids would become brutal child soldiers and killers, who he just had to kill a big group of. Storm didn't have that experience, Storm doesn't feel the same way about Wolverine about killing, and Storm doesn't have a long, feuding past with Cyclops.

First of all before Schism. The only team of X-men Wolverine led was X-Force a team of killers. So its not like he has so much leadership besides leading kill squads.

As for fueding past. Yes but up to Schism Wolverine was a Summer's Yes Man. Showing no opposition whatsoever. On feuding past, Storm did fight Scott for leadership.

Honestly, I find arguing that Wolverine being put in charge was anything more then a sales move is absurd.

#27 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

LMFAO.

Okay. She lead the X-Men after Scott decided to go sulk about one of Jean's deaths', she lead the X-Men even after he came back and challenged her for leaderhsip all the way through to Inferno, she lead the X-Men during the outback days, she lead the X-Men during the Blue and Gold team days (which FYI, is exactly the same thing as what is happening now between Logan and Scott, save for the different titles), continued to do so after Operation Zero Tolerance where Scott and the 05. decided to leave up until The Shattering. Then, like a user has kindly pointed out, decided to leave the X-Men of her own accord while taking a chunk of it's core members along with her, while Logan was still taking orders from Cyclops, as usual, and did so for many years after that up until Schism. And yes, that's what Logan is doing at the moment, there is no difference between the two. Ororo has lead the X-Men more times that Logan can count, Logan can't even compare and on the contrary, he's not exactly leading in the same sense of Scott and Ororo, all he's done is re-open the school and become the self proclaimed headmaster of it all. There isn't a team or an organization to lead as he doesn't even want the kids in the fight.. 

Still not buying it, I'm still going to be oblivious. Schism came out of the blue just as Logan's new attitude and belief system did, prior to the whole thing, there was no sense of a seperation between the two, nothing. There was also no sense of Wolverine wanting kids to be taken out the line of fire, if there was, this whole thing would be a lot more believable. Aaron coming a long and fan-boying Logan down our throats doesn't mean sh*t to me, cause that's all that happened. That's not the only title that i don't see a difference in. Communication has a lot to do with, but if writers are going to bring about top-notch stories, then there shouldn't even be that much communication needed, the whole process should be taken on by initiative.

On the contrary, up until what, M-day ? They weren't even being assigned actual missions, excuse me if I'm wrong. They were doing things of their own accords as they're not the babies of the X-Men anymore, they can look after themselves. No missions as you speak of, were involved, they were just singlehandedly protecting themselves and the X-Men on numerous occasions. No he didn't, that whole scene was just as suprising as the whole event, I'm not buying into that either, not even the dark future bit. To be candid, there was no sign or hint at Wolverine coming to that sort of inference, i couldn't see any bits of where Wolverine explicity stated that he wanted to prevent them from being brutal killers and soldiers, soldiers maybe, but the rest to me is just hyperbole, you're doing what Aaron did. None of that takes experience, all it takes is to be Marvels premiere cash-cow, like i said, the whole thing was a complete suprise. Storm's got just as much of a feuding past with Cyclops as Wolverine does, if not more, as she's lead the X-Men on several occasions and opposed him on several occasions, what you'll find is that she continues to do so. Wolverine was a crap choice, in all honesty, it should have been Storm.
#28 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

only a wolverine fan wanker would think he should lead the xmen out of all the people that could and have most of them being already on cyclops side. emma. magneto. and storm. but all scott and logan really had for fighting was their undying love for the dead jean grey. logan even names the school after her. beast cant lead the team because he is a thinker . softy. and really an intersting character. anyway logan and scott both are for killing if its suitable one is just the big pitcure guy when he killed and the other is a lapdog that kills when ordered to by the big picture guy. logan is already on multiple teams as is and now he gets to be leader of a team while playing the role of team player on other teams. marvel only did this for money nothing really logical when it scomes to big arc... civil war... house of m... avx... ring anybells. storm and clyclops fighting would be two completly different views and storm isnit a big ol hypocrit. shes also popular but not overly popular and a wise member of the team that actually would want to lead rather than the loner. killer.. who happens to be on every big marvel teams.

#29 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. It would have made more sense if it was Storm vs Cyclops.

Storm and Cyclops have been rivals as leaders of the X-Men.

#30 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

That is true but writers have since forgot that rivalry.

Also Gambit supports Storm for leadership or....Stormy!

#31 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#32 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I'm not sure how many people remember the '80s era X-Men, but essentially Storm made the X-Men into more of a superhero team whereas the X-Men as initially imagined by Professor X were public defenders but primarily trainees at a school. A running plot thread for Storm was that she essentially felt that she failed Professor X's vision, betrayed the New Mutants (since she felt the X-Men had to flee the mansion and "die" in order to better protect the School) and struggled with trying to keep her own confidence high. When her X-Men fought X-Factor (this was cleared up pretty quickly) and it was revealed that the only reasons she beat Cyclops was due to Shadow King's interference, there was some exploration about the schism that occurred between the original team (which was now X-Factor) and her squad (which were called the X-Men). Even still, as far back as the '70s, it was clear that while Storm respected Cyclops, she had a different leadership style, and often took the lead when necessary or spoke up when she disagreed.

In many ways, this was the original schism, since she had disagreed with Cyclops' leadership and the chain of events lead to the various students separating, with some going back to normal life and others coming back tot he fold. Even going into the '90s, when Storm and Cyclops lead different teams, it was basically a way to let their different leadership styles and characters be preserved.

It would make perfect sense for her to be the opposite side of the current schism. Wolverine just has no credibility beyond the fact that Marvel knows they can get a lot of money by pushing him into the spotlight (again and again).

Honestly, even though Jean is primarily a great example of what the X-Men's mission is and is able to really communicate the heart and soul of the team keeping them a family, Ororo has always been something of a sister in that regard. She may be more tactic and adventure-focused, but she's able to garner respect as well as the ability to confidently communicate a new mission that other heroes in the community could respect. If Storm were to ask the X-Men to choose between her team and Cyclops', I think most of them would be on her side, to put it bluntly.

#33 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix: You're free to think that, but I disagree.

@AgeofHurricane: Then don't buy it. Storm wouldn't sell the books anyway. Storm and the X-Men would be an absolute drag. She's better where she is as a supporting member of UXF and leader of a side team. Her character is better the one at someone's side then the one calling all the shots. She's a better lancer. What exactly did Aaron do? Oh, develop and change a character reasonably? Wow, how dare he. Logan's point is they shouldn't be forced to protect themselves like Idie had to. They shouldn't have to kill, it should be their responsibility to keep them safe. New mutants did their own missions. The New X-Men didn't face heavy violence until M-Day, but I hardly see how that holds any relevance besides fueling my point that Logan sees the X-Men being driver to darker places where only he belongs. Think what you want, but myself and plenty of others are perfectly fine with the way things turned out.

@Aero_gt said:

only a wolverine fan wanker would think he should lead the xmen out of all the people that could and have most of them being already on cyclops side. emma. magneto. and storm. but all scott and logan really had for fighting was their undying love for the dead jean grey. logan even names the school after her. beast cant lead the team because he is a thinker . softy. and really an intersting character. anyway logan and scott both are for killing if its suitable one is just the big pitcure guy when he killed and the other is a lapdog that kills when ordered to by the big picture guy. logan is already on multiple teams as is and now he gets to be leader of a team while playing the role of team player on other teams. marvel only did this for money nothing really logical when it scomes to big arc... civil war... house of m... avx... ring anybells. storm and clyclops fighting would be two completly different views and storm isnit a big ol hypocrit. shes also popular but not overly popular and a wise member of the team that actually would want to lead rather than the loner. killer.. who happens to be on every big marvel teams.

Didn't realize I was a Wolverine fan wanker. Thanks for enlightening me with your great grammar and spelling!

@John Valentine: I'll never learn will I?

#34 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane: Then don't buy it. Storm wouldn't sell the books anyway. Storm and the X-Men would be an absolute drag. She's better where she is as a supporting member of UXF and leader of a side team. Her character is better the one at someone's side then the one calling all the shots. She's a better lancer. What exactly did Aaron do? Oh, develop and change a character reasonably? Wow, how dare he. Logan's point is they shouldn't be forced to protect themselves like Idie had to. They shouldn't have to kill, it should be their responsibility to keep them safe. New mutants did their own missions. The New X-Men didn't face heavy violence until M-Day, but I hardly see how that holds any relevance besides fueling my point that Logan sees the X-Men being driver to darker places where only he belongs. Think what you want, but myself and plenty of others are perfectly fine with the way things turned out.

@Aero_gt said:

Didn't realize I was a Wolverine fan wanker. Thanks for enlightening me with your great grammar and spelling!

Storm wouldn't sell the books ? And how did you come to that inference ? Just because she doesn't have a gazzillion solo-series under her wing and a couple of other titles where she EGOT's doesn't mean she wouldn't sell, she's a popular character with a large fan-base, I'm pretty sure this time around, her fans (including myself) would put their money where their mouth is. 

Yeah, that's your opinion, but in reality, as this thread itself has even proven itself, it's clearly wrong. The horrid fact that you stated with confidence "Her character is better at someone's side then the one calling the shots" shows how much knowledge you have of the said character, and also, how biased you are towards her. Next time, do your research before you start preaching. 

That's not reasonable, if it was going to be like this, he should have had it start from somewhere and build up to that. Not have it shoved down peoples throats.

Don't bring the NCM in then, if they don't serve a relevance to your point. Wolverine was present when the NXM were fighting for their lives and did not give a rats ass about it, he didn't say crap about how unsafe the school was with Nimrods popping in, he didn't even say crap when Hellion and X-23 had to go save Mercury from the Predator X monsters, if this whole new attitude really is some sort of good, built up development for the character that stands for who is and always has been, where the hell was Logan then ? Why didn't Logan go to those darker places himself instead of leaving them to do it all alone ?

Yourself and plenty of others ? LMFAO. Okay, this thread being created in the first place, and it's responses, speak for themselves. Schism has happened anyways, there is no turning back.
#35 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have made since if they had built Storm up for the option, but up until these last few months she has been nothing, but background art. Throwing her randomly into a position like that would have been completely idiotc, though no dumber than putting Logan there. If they had built up termoil and gave her more say in X-Men related matters and then had her snap and tell Scott off in schism then she would be "should be" the better choice. However, that wasn't the case and despite myself I have been enjoying Wolverine and the X-Men.

#36 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Storm can sell books, but honestly, even Wonder Woman struggles to do that and it's a common problem with female super heroes in a market that caters to young males. But I do think artists love drawing Storm on covers, and she looks more dramatic than Wolverine does. The splash pages alone would sell the books.

#37 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

It would have made since if they had built Storm up for the option, but up until these last few months she has been nothing, but background art. Throwing her randomly into a position like that would have been completely idiotc, though no dumber than putting Logan there. If they had built up termoil and gave her more say in X-Men related matters and then had her snap and tell Scott off in schism then she would be "should be" the better choice. However, that wasn't the case and despite myself I have been enjoying Wolverine and the X-Men.

I agree that Storm hasn't been given enough attention to really garner popularity for her character, so putting her in the Schism might not sell books since they haven't done much with her character over the years, but I still think that it would have made more sense if Storm was the one that Cyclops was fighting instead of Wolverine.

#38 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what? As much as I dislike Storm, this makes perfect sense.

#39 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

I agree that Storm hasn't been given enough attention to really garner popularity for her character, so putting her in the Schism might not sell books since they haven't done much with her character over the years, but I still think that it would have made more sense if Storm was the one that Cyclops was fighting instead of Wolverine.

Yeah if they had done this in 2013 after building her back up like they are now then I would assume Marvel would have no reason to choose Logan over Ororo.

#40 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

Yeah if they had done this in 2013 after building her back up like they are now then I would assume Marvel would have no reason to choose Logan over Ororo.

Yep, that's so true.

#41 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

As have i.
#42 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Aero_gt said:

Storm wouldn't sell the books ? And how did you come to that inference ? Just because she doesn't have a gazzillion solo-series under her wing and a couple of other titles where she EGOT's doesn't mean she wouldn't sell, she's a popular character with a large fan-base, I'm pretty sure this time around, her fans (including myself) would put their money where their mouth is.

Yeah, that's your opinion, but in reality, as this thread itself has even proven itself, it's clearly wrong. The horrid fact that you stated with confidence "Her character is better at someone's side then the one calling the shots" shows how much knowledge you have of the said character, and also, how biased you are towards her. Next time, do your research before you start preaching.

That's not reasonable, if it was going to be like this, he should have had it start from somewhere and build up to that. Not have it shoved down peoples throats.

Don't bring the NCM in then, if they don't serve a relevance to your point. Wolverine was present when the NXM were fighting for their lives and did not give a rats ass about it, he didn't say crap about how unsafe the school was with Nimrods popping in, he didn't even say crap when Hellion and X-23 had to go save Mercury from the Predator X monsters, if this whole new attitude really is some sort of good, built up development for the character that stands for who is and always has been, where the hell was Logan then ? Why didn't Logan go to those darker places himself instead of leaving them to do it all alone ? Yourself and plenty of others ? LMFAO. Okay, this thread being created in the first place, and it's responses, speak for themselves. Schism has happened anyways, there is no turning back.

Schism was made for Regenesis. A new age for X-Comics to bring in new readers. Storm and the X-Men doesn't exactly bring as many people as Wolverine and the X-Men, despite her loyal fan base.

This thread hasn't proven anything. Opinions aren't facts. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion towards a character. You're obviously bias against Wolverine, but did I use that against you? No.

Build-up wasn't exactly an option from a marketing and release stand point the way you wanted it to go, but Prelude was a build-up, was it not? It's not being shoved down your throat either. You don't have to buy it.

Don't you understand that it's a recent development? I'm not sure what you don't get about that. His change of heart came when he was forced to kill kids turned into ruthless killers themselves, and then when Cyclops told Idie to do whatever she had to do, he saw this as a path to them too becoming ruthless killers. I've explained this several times. Yes, myself and plenty of others find it very nice the way it is on comicvine, on other forums, and just you know, off the internet.

Clearly a barely 3 page thread, most of which is you and I debating, means that everyone thinks Schism should have been Storm vs Cyclops.

Yeah Schism happened and it was Wolverine and Cyclops and it's better that way.

#43 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think X-books have trouble selling that much provided u focus on established x-men not teens like Hope. I mean Marvel has what a dozen x-books at this point.

#44 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Cyclops. I don't really see Wolverine as a leader, just like Spider-man.

#45 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Aero_gt said:

Don't bring the NCM in then, if they don't serve a relevance to your point. Wolverine was present when the NXM were fighting for their lives and did not give a rats ass about it, he didn't say crap about how unsafe the school was with Nimrods popping in, he didn't even say crap when Hellion and X-23 had to go save Mercury from the Predator X monsters, if this whole new attitude really is some sort of good, built up development for the character that stands for who is and always has been, where the hell was Logan then ? Why didn't Logan go to those darker places himself instead of leaving them to do it all alone ? Yourself and plenty of others ? LMFAO. Okay, this thread being created in the first place, and it's responses, speak for themselves. Schism has happened anyways, there is no turning back.

Schism was made for Regenesis. A new age for X-Comics to bring in new readers. Storm and the X-Men doesn't exactly bring as many people as Wolverine and the X-Men, despite her loyal fan base.

This thread hasn't proven anything. Opinions aren't facts. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion towards a character. You're obviously bias against Wolverine, but did I use that against you? No.

Build-up wasn't exactly an option from a marketing and release stand point the way you wanted it to go, but Prelude was a build-up, was it not? It's not being shoved down your throat either. You don't have to buy it.

Don't you understand that it's a recent development? I'm not sure what you don't get about that. His change of heart came when he was forced to kill kids turned into ruthless killers themselves, and then when Cyclops told Idie to do whatever she had to do, he saw this as a path to them too becoming ruthless killers. I've explained this several times. Yes, myself and plenty of others find it very nice the way it is on comicvine, on other forums, and just you know, off the internet.

Clearly a barely 3 page thread, most of which is you and I debating, means that everyone thinks Schism should have been Storm vs Cyclops.

Stirn and The X-Men "doesn't exactly bring as many people" because it was never put into act or even considered, like i said, Schism has already happened, there is no turning back. You would never know the amount that i could of or would of brought in, because it never happened. We can only speculate.

On the contrary, the thread has proven quite a lot. That Storm should have been in Wolverine's place, instead of Wolverine himself. I'm not biased towards the characters, i just don't think it should have been him.

Prelude wasn't a build up, Prelude was a mini-series from the viewpoints of like, four "important" X-Characters telling some sort of Origin story for them and of how they defined themselves as leaders, it had absolutely nothing to do with the actual problem and event itself IMO, cause the rest of it were the X-Men running about acting as if Galactus was coming to eat Utopia, or the second holocaust for mutants was emerging, then when Schism actually does come...the big detrimental threat happened to Sentinels, just Sentinels. The Schism mini-series itself more or less proved that Prelude had nothing to do with it, everything there was out of whack. It was just another exucse for Marvel to make money. Not buying it's not the point, there was an ad for Prelude and Schism in itself in the majority of X-Related titles, yes, i don't have to buy it, but you could virtually never escape it's social attention.

It's not that i don't understand, I'm just not going to buy it. Honestly, it should be refreshing to have someone be so honest about being so oblivious. And on the contrary, you have said it before and you're saying it again, there was no comment or suggestion from Logan as to how children fighting for their lives could possibly put them on the same road that he knows ever so well, the realy point was that he wanted them to stop fighting all together, and have normal, happy lives. 

Indeed.

LOL.
#46 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Aero_gt said:

Stirn and The X-Men "doesn't exactly bring as many people" because it was never put into act or even considered, like i said, Schism has already happened, there is no turning back. You would never know the amount that i could of or would of brought in, because it never happened. We can only speculate.

On the contrary, the thread has proven quite a lot. That Storm should have been in Wolverine's place, instead of Wolverine himself. I'm not biased towards the characters, i just don't think it should have been him.

Prelude wasn't a build up, Prelude was a mini-series from the viewpoints of like, four "important" X-Characters telling some sort of Origin story for them and of how they defined themselves as leaders, it had absolutely nothing to do with the actual problem and event itself IMO, cause the rest of it were the X-Men running about acting as if Galactus was coming to eat Utopia, or the second holocaust for mutants was emerging, then when Schism actually does come...the big detrimental threat happened to Sentinels, just Sentinels. The Schism mini-series itself more or less proved that Prelude had nothing to do with it, everything there was out of whack. It was just another exucse for Marvel to make money. Not buying it's not the point, there was an ad for Prelude and Schism in itself in the majority of X-Related titles, yes, i don't have to buy it, but you could virtually never escape it's social attention.

It's not that i don't understand, I'm just not going to buy it. Honestly, it should be refreshing to have someone be so honest about being so oblivious. And on the contrary, you have said it before and you're saying it again, there was no comment or suggestion from Logan as to how children fighting for their lives could possibly put them on the same road that he knows ever so well, the realy point was that he wanted them to stop fighting all together, and have normal, happy lives. Indeed. LOL.

No, it doesn't bring in as many people because she isn't as major of a character as Wolverine and wouldn't bring in many new readers.

Oh right, I forgot 16 people is the entire X-Fan community. Should've known that 16 people agreeing with this meant it's automatically the more popular opinion.

Well, it explained the major characters styles of leadership and how their is differences between them. So that naturally shows the potential conflict between Wolverine and Cyclops. The situation was metaphorical, not literal.

Yes. Their was. He has always cared about their well-being and now he wants to protect them more than ever after Idie had to kill and he had to fight child killers. Once again, I'm not sure what you aren't seeing.

#47 Posted by aerokinesis (529 posts) - - Show Bio

it would have made more sense with scott and ororo

#48 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Aero_gt said:

It's not that i don't understand, I'm just not going to buy it. Honestly, it should be refreshing to have someone be so honest about being so oblivious. And on the contrary, you have said it before and you're saying it again, there was no comment or suggestion from Logan as to how children fighting for their lives could possibly put them on the same road that he knows ever so well, the realy point was that he wanted them to stop fighting all together, and have normal, happy lives. Indeed. LOL.

No, it doesn't bring in as many people because she isn't as major of a character as Wolverine and wouldn't bring in many new readers.

Oh right, I forgot 16 people is the entire X-Fan community. Should've known that 16 people agreeing with this meant it's automatically the more popular opinion.

Well, it explained the major characters styles of leadership and how their is differences between them. So that naturally shows the potential conflict between Wolverine and Cyclops. The situation was metaphorical, not literal.

Yes. Their was. He has always cared about their well-being and now he wants to protect them more than ever after Idie had to kill and he had to fight child killers. Once again, I'm not sure what you aren't seeing.

Hmph, well i can't argue with that.

Well, i never asked you to take count, but the thread already proved my point: It should have been Ororo.

No it didn't, it just gave us an in depth look on parts of their backstories and more or less defining moments of their lives, if anything, it showed Cyclops' style of leadership and how great a defender of mutantkind he is. The situation was metaphorical not literal ? Oh, well that'll be the day.

No, there was not. If you're so adamant about that, then please show me some direct proof of this sort of behaviour at least a year prior to Schism, cause then i'll definitely have no reason to disagree. From what i've seen, there was absolutely no sign of him being like that. That's what i didn't see.
#49 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess so. It would have given Storm's character that extra boost needed and Wolverine's character might stand the slightest possibility of not being whored out.

#50 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

nope. storm is uninteresting, ran off as soon as she got hitched just when the times were tough. storm blows imo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.