Would Cable ever accept Magneto the way Scott did?

#1 Posted by HAWK2916 (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

I know they have had their issues in the past but both seem to have an any means necessary attitude toward mutant enemies. With the focus of Magneto's new upcoming ongoing, it just seems as if their causes align more than clash. If Magneto could be accepted by the Xmen, I guess anything is possible.

I cant remember completely but I thought in one storyline they tangled and Magneto screwed up Cable's half metal side or whatever, but im not sure about this. Bu then Magneto has been on the team with Cable's "daughter" Hope. Im not so sure how forgiving Cable is but it just makes sense for them to be allies at the moment.

So i guess my question is do you think cable and Magneto could ever be allies?

#2 Posted by zrhodahero (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see them working great as part of a team. They are both tough as nails, old warriors. They will also both do whatever it takes to get the job done. On the other hand, Nate has a history of not letting his teammates know the whole story, or what exactly he has planned, so i could see them butting heads over that. It would be interesting to read a book featuring the two of them.

Z

#3 Posted by McKlayn (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont see why not lol

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

It was Fatal Attractions where Magneto ripped up Cable, which was the same arc where Magneto damn near killed Wolverine

#5 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

No cable is an old fashion super hero. He would never accept magneto. oh in second coming cable told hope to stay away from him when all three of them was in utopia's infirminy. And hope asked magneto why cable told her to stay away from him. And magneto said "he wasnt always an old man and that cable doesnt know what hes up to.

#6 Edited by adamTRMM (855 posts) - - Show Bio

They should clash, but then their purpose (X-force/Magneto series) is pretty much the same so they may unite for a nice 4-5 issues crossover.

#7 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

He shouldn't, but he will. If we were to take every character and consider their interactions with each other, there would be mayhem. Just part and parcel of what it means to be a comic character. We can only hope it's done under the skillful pen of a writer who appreciates the difficulty there and makes the liaison believable.

#8 Posted by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable is just as willing to become a terrorist to save mutants as Magnus is.

#9 Posted by XsPectre28 (667 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable can be just as much of an opportunist as magneto. Magneto did not have to join the x-men AT ALL, he did it because Scott showed & proved to be the better mutant leader overall magneto used this to his advantage & during the time he was there magneto could have sowed seeds which could have in turn brought people under his own wing... he tried with rogue & with hope he could have even possibly swayed magik as well again its all about the writing. cable & magneto have in common that they will do anything thats necessary to achieve their desired goals

#10 Posted by HAWK2916 (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

I also would think that if Cable was really concerned about Magneto's intentions it would be a case of keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I could see him wanting Magneto close to at least keep an eye on him and be the first to put a bullet in him if he side steps

#11 Posted by Cutter (589 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, but it would be good if cable does accept him...on the other hand...he might not trust Magneto (rather avoid him) because since he basically wear a lot of metal...he might think he will try to manipulate him.

#12 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see them working great as part of a team. They are both tough as nails, old warriors. They will also both do whatever it takes to get the job done. On the other hand, Nate has a history of not letting his teammates know the whole story, or what exactly he has planned, so i could see them butting heads over that. It would be interesting to read a book featuring the two of them.

Z

I think they could make for some cool stories together, but I can't help but feel like they'd be pretty redundant on the same team. Basically because they have so much in common.

#13 Posted by devilsgrin81 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else think that keeping them apart might be best... I have a wild crazy theory. I reckon prolonged exposure to Hope could trigger Magneto's here-to-fore latent telepathic abilities. And proximity to Cable and his suite of psionics, could actually further this along once Hope's powers are mixed in. There's a whole host of potential disasters there.

#14 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#15 Edited by darkbeam (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope who would after this.

#16 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

No Marvel would keep the two books(new x-force and magneto) separate. Plus Cable just had a crossover with the other x-froce team in vedatta, geez give the guy a break. :)

#17 Posted by HAWK2916 (1335 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Avenger85 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

No Marvel would keep the two books(new x-force and magneto) separate. Plus Cable just had a crossover with the other x-froce team in vedatta, geez give the guy a break. :)

The guy needs a break. He's not got long to exist anymore.

#19 Posted by HAWK2916 (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: Thats a thought. Maybe Cable can go away for a while. Is anyone else getting tired of Cable's portrayal and the Xforce hit-squad thing in general?

#20 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@avenger85: Thats a thought. Maybe Cable can go away for a while. Is anyone else getting tired of Cable's portrayal and the Xforce hit-squad thing in general?

I love Cable with the x-force its where he belongs but not hope. Although wolverine had a good run in x-force.

#21 Posted by tigerkaya (1228 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure he's an anti hero he would accept Magneto in no sweat. I'm surprised he didn't invite him the moment he formed the team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.