Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Wolverines Discussion (2014-Present)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

There is a new issue every single week so I think there is enough to talk about for the book to get it's own thread.

No Caption Provided

Discuss

I have to say I am loving this book. It is my favorite X-Men book pretty much every week expect for weeks Magneto comes out.

Charles Soule is doing the same thing he did in Red Larnters that worked so amazingly where he takes they just horrible villain characters and then just slaps expectations and makes them sorta funny as they interact and argue.

The Daken character development is great. It looks like he's finally ready to become a hero which is something I think a lot of people wanted for a long time before he died.

I always saw Deathstrike as really one dimensional but the relationship with Ogun has made her a lot more interesting to me. She actually has feelings besides anger, who knew?

Soule writes Mystique way more bad ass then any other writer I think.

INVERTED Sabertooth is AMAZING! It's funny because I HATED normal Sabertooth and just wanted him to go away, but now that he is the opposite I love him. The way he comes off now is sorta like a drunk dad or coach, and it's just great.

Daken: "Someday, somehow, I will kill that guy."

Sabertooth: "That's the spirit buddy!"

Hahaha I would so read a book about Sabertooth know if it was Soule writing and he was still inverted.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

The art in this issue was waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the last, and the story was surprisingly deep and apt. Sabretooth may have changed his views on killing but he is still capable of being the monstrous savage required when placed in a situation he considers deserving of it. This issue came off as a thingsthatmakeyougohmm, and it was interesting. Plus, the relief at getting to view some amazing art might have helped in my enjoyment of it.

This is definitely filler, but there was some progress in the back story so I find myself being less impatient. Next issue with Laura I am particularly curious about. I suspect that is when we should see the last of Fang in this book.

I actually wasn't a fan of the art in that issue. It was sorta hard to follow and vague i thought. I loved it when they used it while at Sinister's lab, but it made sense for everything to be trippy and vague there, here it just felt like a distraction. I did enjoy the lesson he is tought Creed. I was kinda resistant to Fang coming along but i like what he's being used to do with how he threw Daken's behavior back in his face last issue. I just hope Daken keeps going and becomes a real hero by the series end.

Did you see the cover for next issue?

No Caption Provided

I think it's interesting they used the X-Force logo. It kinda makes me wonder if the lesson Laura will walk away with is that there needs to be someone out there on the side of good who will do the things that everyone else wont. "The things that nee doing."

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@teerack: Well, in comparison to the art with Daken, I was happy they at least got away from that. I am still really upset that they aren't showing Daken's tribal tattoo on his chest. Yes, it was all down his arm but it was also on the entire side of his chest.

I did like how Fang treated Daken, and Daken didn't appear so much out of character as he did in previous Wolverines' issues. I think it came off well, just like with Sabretooth.

Yes, I saw this cover a long time ago and I love it so hard it hurts. It's just too perfect. At least there's some effort being put out there to show the connection between her and Wolverine. Considering she's his legally adopted daughter, I had waited a long time for it. I have a lot of hopes for this issue with Fang.

I think it's interesting too that they used the X-Force logo/uniform. While I do think your idea is a good one, I am more of the thought that she is recalling how it felt when she was on the X-Force team with Logan, and how he made her feel when it came to others. He was especially harsh with her when she was willing to have other mutants die as a matter of course and greater expediency, but that was because of how she was raised. He insisted she was simply there to protect others, others who were normal and not weapons like them, and it was heartbreaking to see her internalise that and return to self harming.

We'll see. I am excited about this book again and I am glad it is fast paced. I am more excited at the prospect of getting Destiny back, but I guess that's on the back burner for now until Fang is properly dealt with.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The issue with Sabertoth was really good.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Veitha

I love it, the only problem for me it's the art, which is too random sometimes lol

I loved the Anka's issue

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teerack

@ms-lola: I think maybe when Daken was all infused with the horse man of apocalypse stuff in Uncanny Avengers it got rid of his tattoos. Turning into a horseman seems to be really painful and changes your outer looks so the skin that was dyed could have been all burned away when he became blue.

What is bugging me about Daken is that he is able to make his claws burn with celestial energy still, but he isn't turning blue. I was hoping he would be like Archangel and swap to blue when he was in combat.

@veitha said:

I love it, the only problem for me it's the art, which is too random sometimes lol

I loved the Anka's issue

Yeah I get why they need at least four or five artist on a weekly title. I just wish they had choose people with more similar styles. Especially considering how many Marvel books all have a similar style already.(Hawkeye, Punisher, Storm, Daredevil, New Warriors, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Moon Knight, etc.) They all have a very clean simple art style so I find it odd how dramatic the different between artists on this book are.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: No, the arm SInister hacked off shows tattoos on it. The artists just don't give a crap. I went back as well, and in the early issues, the tattoos were there, both on the arm and chest.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Koays

Ok so anyone wanna be awesome and breakdown everything thats happened since issue 6 so i don't have to buy this thing?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teerack

Oh my god. Issue 13 was SO funny. I loved it and I also kind of want Soule to take over Deadpool once the current volume ends now because it was just great. Hell maybe the "death of deadpool" they are doing is him taking over the name Wolverine for real and honestly after this issue I would be 100% behind that awesome idea if Soule is writing it.

sian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sian

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really can't stand X23. I've tried to - I bought the solo comic, and although I enjoyed it very much as a comic I just can't warm to her character. She just comes across as cold. I think she would have made a great villain, but I can't like her as a hero. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to Daken's Death Seed?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sian: @koays: @ms-lola:

@adamtrmm said:

What happened to Daken's Death Seed?

It seems to have been sucked out of him with his healing factor.

So here is the preview for issue 15

Since they are fighting Vampires I think it could be pretty cool if Daken becomes a Vampire which causes him to regrow his eye and arm. They could even have a vampire Jubilee and Daken relationship which I think has a lot of great story potential since Wolverine probably wouldn't approve, and even though Daken is really his son Jubilee was always way more his daughter then Daken was ever her son, and then Jubilee also has a baby and I think it would be great for Daken if he tried to be a positive father figured for someone.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

@teerack:

That's what they said?

sian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: That actually sounds good - it's time Daken became a more sympathetic character and I'd like to see him in a relationship with Jubilee; I think it would add a new dimension to both of them, especially if they were vampires.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack

@adamtrmm said:

@teerack:

That's what they said?

They didn't say so but he hasn't been blue since he lost it. His claws can still glow though.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adamTRMM

@teerack:

Oh, I though he had a human appearance before he lost his HF?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Well he was blue in the Logan Legacy book in his flash back but then later when he still had his power in the cage he was normal, so maybe it just works like archangel and he can go blue and turn back.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack:

I guess. Archangel was long before the Death Seed retcon, so it is more understandable, but since they made DS such a big deal feels like Soule is just ignoring it cause it stands in the way of his storytelling. I mean, it should've kicked in the second they messed with his physiology like it happened with Warren in X-force.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Remember, Soule, and Bendis ignore continuity for the sake of story a lot.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Ok so anyone wanna be awesome and breakdown everything thats happened since issue 6 so i don't have to buy this thing?

It's gotten better. Perhaps you should buy it...(although I can try to do a summary if you'd rather :P)

@sian said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really can't stand X23. I've tried to - I bought the solo comic, and although I enjoyed it very much as a comic I just can't warm to her character. She just comes across as cold. I think she would have made a great villain, but I can't like her as a hero. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

Which solo was it that you read? Is it the most recent one that went to issue #21, or is the one from before with Yost writing it? Or even the NYX? I'd try to read those as I'd think they are better in portraying X23 although if you don't like the character, then that's that. I can't help you though, haha. I really enjoy Laura although not so much the last year or so under Bendis, and to an extent, this series. It's getting better, though. For me, anyway.

@teerack said:

So here is the preview for issue 15

Since they are fighting Vampires I think it could be pretty cool if Daken becomes a Vampire which causes him to regrow his eye and arm. They could even have a vampire Jubilee and Daken relationship which I think has a lot of great story potential since Wolverine probably wouldn't approve, and even though Daken is really his son Jubilee was always way more his daughter then Daken was ever her son, and then Jubilee also has a baby and I think it would be great for Daken if he tried to be a positive father figured for someone.

Seriously? I can't imagine Daken being a father figure to anyone, and I sure as hell can't see him in a relationship. It was what killed his series, implying there was something between him and the female police officer who became addicted to the same drug he did (IIRC). I want my _sshole Daken back, the one who wielded his sexuality like a weapon, who placed himself first and was two steps ahead of everyone else. While I can buy this emotionally unhinged Daken for a while due to his lack of healing factor, it's not who the guy is. Plus, remember, he's like over sixty years old. This isn't some young punk. The only person I can see him truly giving a sh_t about is Laura, and more because with Wolverine gone, she is genetically the only tie he has to anyone alive and according to the original Daken, he could somehow rationalise that being a reason for keeping her alive.

I don't want Daken sensitive or repenting. Unless it's to trick people, like the Fantastic Four again.

As for vampires, no, please. I don't like them anymore in the Marvel Universe although I do have to say, I am LOVING Blade's cameo in this, haha! I'd say that's pretty random and bad_ss.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By adamTRMM

@teerack:

You don't say, I don't think I'll ever forgive Soule his Red Lanterns fiasco =\

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Soule's Red Lantern run was insanely amazing and one of the coolest character arches Guy has ever gone through. He also took a bunch of one dimensional boring cartoony style bad guys and gave them personality, emotions, and made you seriously care about those funny little freaks. Not to mention Guy's transition to a red was one of the biggest character power ups in a very long time as a bonus. I just wish Soule didn't go Marvel exclusive so he didn't have to rush to rap everything up before leaving.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

@ms-lola said:

Seriously? I can't imagine Daken being a father figure to anyone, and I sure as hell can't see him in a relationship. It was what killed his series, implying there was something between him and the female police officer who became addicted to the same drug he did (IIRC). I want my _sshole Daken back, the one who wielded his sexuality like a weapon, who placed himself first and was two steps ahead of everyone else. While I can buy this emotionally unhinged Daken for a while due to his lack of healing factor, it's not who the guy is. Plus, remember, he's like over sixty years old. This isn't some young punk. The only person I can see him truly giving a sh_t about is Laura, and more because with Wolverine gone, she is genetically the only tie he has to anyone alive and according to the original Daken, he could somehow rationalise that being a reason for keeping her alive.

I don't want Daken sensitive or repenting. Unless it's to trick people, like the Fantastic Four again.

As for vampires, no, please. I don't like them anymore in the Marvel Universe although I do have to say, I am LOVING Blade's cameo in this, haha! I'd say that's pretty random and bad_ss.

Well I think there is a lot more to Daken then just all of that. He spend a good number of years being manipulated by Osborn and then Sabertooth and was going through different things at different times and was clearly not mentally okay. He did end up just revealing himself and confronting the fantastic four and ended up getting punched out of the building which I think had to do with him actually caring abot Johnny as a friend and wanting to be straight with him. I will just say that i think that if you look at all of Daken's motivations and history the psychology behind the character is really deep. I would say that rivaling Hank Pym, Daken might be the most complex character Marvel has.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Koays

@ms-lola said:

@koays said:

It's gotten better. Perhaps you should buy it...(although I can try to do a summary if you'd rather :P)

.....You would?
    .....You would?

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I do agree Daken is an incredibly complex character.

I guess I wouldn't mind things progressing with him, it's just that I'm a little twitchy from how awful his series ended. Plus, he's a little too emotional in this, although there have been some awesome scenes. I'm a little hypercritical, probably.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Gah, I would. It might have to wait a bit as I've got to run out. (:P)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Lol, no rush. whenever you get the chance :D

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: Lol i was and remain at a lost because I didn't understand who half of these people were...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Teerack
    @koays said:

@ms-lola said:

@koays said:

.....You would?
    .....You would?

Too lazy to put effort into this but you should be buying the book so :V

Okay so pretty much there are these guys from the weapon x program who have a built in expiration date in their DNA. The only way to cure themselves is to get Wolverines DNA. They find out about these hypnotic trigger words in the minds of a bunch of Wolverine villains. A word to put them to sleep, a word to make them obedient, one that kills them, and a word that erases the trigger words. They made a deal for them to help them and they will use the erase words on them.

Daken at some point had his healing power sucked out by this thing that was hunting them down.

The try and get wolverines body but mister sinister gets it first. He also takes Daken's eye and arm.

They need to break into Mister Sinister's lab so they recruit this other girl from weapon x who was made to be the ultimate thief. She specialized in stealing super hero stuff like a tee shirt the punishes once wore or something for collectors.

they go into sinister's lab and everyone except for sharp and junk two of the weapon x guys ends up back stabbing them making a deal with sinister for his help fixing their dna. It looks like they are going to get away with the wolverine body and the x-men manged to get it before them.

Lady deathstrike started a romance with sharp. Then it turns out she really loves shogun and is trying to help him get control of the body.

mystique is planing something and munitioning everyone. She manages to trick sharp into a position where his only options are give up her erase word or die, so she is free and is claiming to be the real boss now.

then before the plot could keep moving this guy who is super d list and a member of the shi'ar imperial guard shows up and is like "I WAS LOGAN'S FRIEND AND I THINK ONE OF YOUR KILLED HIM SO IMMA MESS WITH YOU LOL."

Then he teleports daken and himself away and teaches him a cruel lesson

then sabertooth

then x-23

all why mystique is trying to figure out how to kill him. when he gets back and its her turn she does something so they can kill him and he runs away.

Then issue 13 was utterly amazing as deadpool bought every one of wolverines old universe from the their who steals super hero junk in mentioned before, and decided to become the new wolverine. Honestly it was the best thing ever and they should just have deapool be Wolverine for real.

At the end the thief gives the only one uniform she didn't give to deadpool to x-23.

Mystique poses as some dude and tells Daken where the guy who took his healing factor is. He runs off to kill him and x-23 follows him and they run into blade when they get to the the guy who ate his healing factor. The Mystique calls everyone else for a meeting and suddenly a guy portals in and punches her in a face. then there is a bad ass duel with daken and the guy who ate his healing factor.

/up to date.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack:

I guess you liked it, than I shouldn't be ruining it for you. My opinion is completely differing.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Noooo! You have to share. This book had me in knots. Few books in, I wanted to eat the pages in an attempt to forget they existed at all, and another few issues in I was caught up in Mystique's desperation to get Destiny back, to back to being all freaking annoyed, then okay with it. I actually forgot to read issue #13, which I will do now.

@teerack: Wow. That was pretty good, summary wise. (claps)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Koays

@teerack: I see...now question. Why can't they get Logan's DNA from his clone?

And

Didn't Ogun at one point have Logan's face?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

@koays said:

And

Cause his clone wont have all the stuff Dr. Cornelius put into Logan in her. Sinister even comments at one point that clone DNA isn't as valuable as offspring DNA which is why he takes Daken's arm and leaves Laura.

The book also has cool cameos. (Wrecking Crew, Punisher, Ben Riley, Blade, etc.)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By adamTRMM

@ms-lola:

I was talking about Red Lanterns, I think you misunderstood :)

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Oops. Sorry!

@teerack said:

@koays said:

And

Cause his clone wont have all the stuff Dr. Cornelius put into Logan in her. Sinister even comments at one point that clone DNA isn't as valuable as offspring DNA which is why he takes Daken's arm and leaves Laura.

The book also has cool cameos. (Wrecking Crew, Punisher, Ben Riley, Blade, etc.)

It was more that Laura being Wolverine's clone makes having her DNA plus Logan's be just more of the same stuff. Daken's was useful simply because his DNA would be different. That's how I took it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Teerack
    @ms-lola said:

@adamtrmm: Oops. Sorry!

@teerack said:

@koays said:

And

It was more that Laura being Wolverine's clone makes having her DNA plus Logan's be just more of the same stuff. Daken's was useful simply because his DNA would be different. That's how I took it.

A clone is just a copy and I think it's pretty clear she isn't 100% copy of Logan for a lot of reasons, so it's not like Laura's DNA is the same as Logan's anyway just an imperfect copy. Then again maybe she is able to hide something very significant in those very tight pants she is always wearing.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: You don't need to convince me that Laura being a perfect clone of Logan is laughable in a real world sense, but in the comics, for all intents and purposes of the character, this is what they claim. Listing all the ridiculousness of it and how many times writers have played with the idea while discounting 1 plus 1 biology in Laura's presentation is something I've tangled with other comics fans and I ain't doin' that again.

As for her pants? She rocks them (zsnap). You go, girl.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Teerack

@ms-lola said:

@teerack: You don't need to convince me that Laura being a perfect clone of Logan is laughable in a real world sense, but in the comics, for all intents and purposes of the character, this is what they claim. Listing all the ridiculousness of it and how many times writers have played with the idea while discounting 1 plus 1 biology in Laura's presentation is something I've tangled with other comics fans and I ain't doin' that again.

As for her pants? She rocks them (zsnap). You go, girl.

That's not how DNA works even in the Marvel Universe... she would need to be 100% identical to Logan to be a perfect clone. When Kane's DNA was fixed and he became perfect he suddenly looked like Peter's twin.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked issue 19. I love how Soule couldn't resist writing about Swamp-thing even if it's a different Swap-thing.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

issue 20. so since the team got left behind in the nexus of realities with wolverine destiny abandon does that me they survived when everything ended? also i was sad with the ending to the wolverines so much build up too just have it end with so many plot holes like why x23 didn't recognize mystique impersonating daken when she clearly revealed she could earlier on in the series.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

issue 20. so since the team got left behind in the nexus of realities with wolverine destiny abandon does that me they survived when everything ended? also i was sad with the ending to the wolverines so much build up too just have it end with so many plot holes like why x23 didn't recognize mystique impersonating daken when she clearly revealed she could earlier on in the series.

I think the way it ended was a decent set up for the new Wolverine(x-23) book that will probably b coming out as well as a great set up for a Mystique book. One thing that is nice though since all of their healing factors were eaten it kind of means Daken will get his arm back because there is no way they are all going to have no healing factors.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.