Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Wolverine & the X-men, or X-men Legacy

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mayo88m

Hey everyone, like the title implies I'm trying to figure out which series to pick up since they're dumping X-23's and I find a spot open in my pull list. I'm not the biggest fan of Rogue or Wolverine to be honest, but these are the only other two titles that pique my interest in the slightest. Wolverine's for the new direction, and Legacy because Gambit's in it. I'm already pulling Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-men, and X-men so I figured I should do something else from Wolverine's side to balance things out, but at the same time I'm not a big fan of the more minor mutants and their stories ie. X-Factor.

Basically I'm looking for someone to give me their thoughts on these series, I've not read either one so their concepts are both new to me. Any help would be appreciated, or if you have any other suggestions that revolve around the main Marvel-verse that would work too. Thanks for your responses.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jordama

I think you are missing out by not trying X-Factor.

If you aren't to into lesser known mutants, maybe Legacy would be better because WatX might have a lot of students you are not familiar with.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

X-Factor

218Comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By 218Comics

Wolverine and the X-Men is an interesting story with a fair bit of humor thrown in. The only real knock on it, at least from my perspective, is the art... it's just not my taste. If you like the art, I'd recommend it.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By CATPANEXE

X-factor. Backing that advice as well. The book is so well done people who don't care about X-Men or mutants even should give it a go.

And well enough that what characters may seem minor (I don't follow that mentality there but you say it's a basis for you) will quickly be made

important to you as you read it. The characterization is all around correctly executed that it makes you care about the characters. Personally

for example I never cared about Rictor, much less if he was in any book nor what happened to him. Now I do.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By chalkshark

X-Factor. It's isn't selling that well, now, either, so I'd be remiss not to support the title to a potential new reader. It's hard to believe that any X-Title could be considered weak in the face of the brand's popularity, but, somehow, X-Factor kind of flies under the radar for a lot of the X-Men fan base. I suppose the "problem" would be that X-Factor is made up of lesser known... & therefore less popular... mutant heroes, though I always considered that to be the book's real strength. All that said, I have to admit, Wolverine & The X-Men was a real surprise. I wrote it off as one of the most idiotic paradigm shifts ever to be fostered on the X-Men, but it actually turned out to be a very fun read. Never saw that coming. Still, Wolverine & The X-Men isn't going anywhere any time soon. Pick up X-Factor now. At the rate Marvel is canceling titles, I'm sure another hole will open up, that you can fill with Wolverine & The X-Men. Besides, X-Factor is a dollar cheaper. 

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

I gotta say X-Factor as well. I was just looking at the rosters for the various teams in the face of Regenesis and think X-Factor has the best, most well rounded and interesting team dynamics. Pkus Havok and Polaris are going to be joining so who knows how that's going to affect them. 

As a side note if they cancel X-Factor but jeep X-Club I'll be pissed, I don't want to judge a book before it comes out but I can't imagine a book with Kavita Rao, Dr Nemesis and Danger bringing in many new or old readers. I'm only giving it a shot because of Madison Jeffries.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jordama

@PrinceIMC said:

I gotta say X-Factor as well. I was just looking at the rosters for the various teams in the face of Regenesis and think X-Factor has the best, most well rounded and interesting team dynamics. Pkus Havok and Polaris are going to be joining so who knows how that's going to affect them. As a side note if they cancel X-Factor but jeep X-Club I'll be pissed, I don't want to judge a book before it comes out but I can't imagine a book with Kavita Rao, Dr Nemesis and Danger bringing in many new or old readers. I'm only giving it a shot because of Madison Jeffries.

You make a good point, X-Factor is getting Havok and Polaris which are slightly bigger names.

And what are you talking about X-Club? They are getting a book?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @jordama said:

@PrinceIMC said:

I gotta say X-Factor as well. I was just looking at the rosters for the various teams in the face of Regenesis and think X-Factor has the best, most well rounded and interesting team dynamics. Pkus Havok and Polaris are going to be joining so who knows how that's going to affect them. As a side note if they cancel X-Factor but jeep X-Club I'll be pissed, I don't want to judge a book before it comes out but I can't imagine a book with Kavita Rao, Dr Nemesis and Danger bringing in many new or old readers. I'm only giving it a shot because of Madison Jeffries.

You make a good point, X-Factor is getting Havok and Polaris which are slightly bigger names.

And what are you talking about X-Club? They are getting a book?

Yup, X-Club is getting their own book in December. Here's hoping they add Prodigy to their ranks too, he's got enough absorbed knowledge to be helpful.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jordama

@PrinceIMC: I actually googled it in disbelief. Did not see that coming. .

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @jordama: Heh, would I lie? But I definitely think they need to add some more characters if this series is gonna last more than a few issues. Hell with Alpha Flight ending they should split them up among the X-Men and Avenger teams. Guardian and Sasquatch in the X-Club. Shaman teaching at Wolverine's school. Puck and Snowbird in the Avengers. Marrina reconnecting with Namor on Utopia.
    Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mayo88m

So, I think the topic has gotten a little off. I'm just not interested in X-Factor guys and gals. Maybe later down the road, but for now I'm just not. I'm already pulling Avengers Academy anyway, and that has plenty of D-List characters. lol Thanks for the input on Wolverine and the X-Men though, that helps a lot, but no one has said much at all about Legacy. Can anyone tell me how well made it has been, or if it might be better than Wolverine's X-Men? Also, I'm still not opposed to trying other series besides these two, they are just the ones I'm most interested in. I only ask that they be more centered around Marvel's heavy hitters.

As for Marvel canceling things left and right, well X-23 is probably the only one that will affect me for any amount of time because the only other Marvel titles I'm pulling are Uncanny X-Men, X-Force, X-Men, and Avengers Academy (Only for X-23!) I'm pretty much behind DC all the way. lol Digging the new reboot. Anyway, keep at the comments, I'm enjoying your input. Thanks.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceIMC

I don't think the regenesis issue of Legacy has come out yet, that's probably why nobody has said anything about it so far. We're all waiting to see.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By unicornpuncher

I actually really like legacy. Its got its own storyline and always has pretty decent art.

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mayo88m

Thanks everyone for your input. I went ahead and decided just to try both, at least for a month anyway. Figured I could decide after then, but all your help has been appreciated.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.