Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Wolverine and The X-Men Reboot?

adman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does any one know when the Wolverine and The X-Men relaunches with Jason Latour?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember seeing it on the Marvel previews for April....presumably it should be around then

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It comes out the beginning of March. On the 5th I believe.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

yeah, it says March 5th on the marvel calender.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adamTRMM

Pretty sure it will be better, which is good for the start, remove Broo, every other Aaron's lame creation and it might get even better.

Also:

No Caption Provided

Looks interesting, but we had something like this by Aaron as well and it didn't save him.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By frozenedge2

Definitely keep Broo and all the characters Aaron introduced but also include the other past students in more than just background stand-in's like Wood's is doing in his run and I would enjoy this title more than I already do

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@djainess said:

All hail Broo!

Anyway, I don't know Jason Latour at all. Is his other work any good?

from what I've looked up, he hasn't written a lot of published comics (though he has actually drawn quite a few). So he's still pretty new for being put on such a high-profile book. Here's hoping this is where he makes a name for himself.

Definitely keep Broo and all the characters Aaron introduced but also include the other past students in more than just background stand-in's like Wood's is doing in his run and I would enjoy this title more than I already do

I could take or leave Aaron's characters; 'Gladiator's cool, the others I'm kind of whatever about.

But definitely keep Quire, Broo, Oya, and Evan. I think Armor's in the new book too, so even just those five would interest me. But, yeah, some of the new X-men would be cool.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I happen to love Oya. In fact if that's her in the pic then I like the art on her. Sometimes they draw her like a 7 year old with 70's style Foxy Brown afro and its crazy imo. Im not sure about Latour or WATX. I signed off this book a while back because of Aaron and so to see it relaunch was kinda aggravating for me. Im also not encouraged by the Phoenix symbol there (Im so tired of the Phoenix being used as a crutch, no one has an original thought anymore) or what Ive heard about the inclusion of Fantomex as a teacher.

On a side note/rant: This means we get two X-books with Fantomex in them? Really? Two books with him while much better character continue on in Limbo- Wow!!! almost have to laugh to keep from crying lol.

I dont know whether to give this guy a shot or not. I like Armor and Oya though. I want Apocalypse back so I dont care much about Evan, never been a fan of Quire though the way he was portrayed in the last Xmen issue was great, i get more of that and he could grow on me. Is Broo a mutant or an alien? Sorry Im way behind on this character.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

@djainess said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@adamtrmm: Broo is awesome.

agreed, Broo is great.

All hail Broo!

Lol what is so good about him? His a typical alien-more-humane-than-humans! type of character. Well, now he is a bit wild but I'm pretty sure he is ashamed of himself.. ohhh, how humane of him!

@hawk2916 said:

On a side note/rant: This means we get two X-books with Fantomex in them? Really? Two books with him while much better character continue on in Limbo- Wow!!! almost have to laugh to keep from crying lol.

Yeah, my thought exactly. But, there's a precedent for Evan/Fanto reunion, might be somehow interesting.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@adamtrmm said:

Lol what is so good about him? His a typical alien-more-humane-than-humans! type of character. Well, now he is a bit wild but I'm pretty sure he is ashamed of himself.. ohhh, how humane of him!

yeah, he's kind of equal parts mini-Whedon-era-Beast and classic Warlock. And, yeah, maybe too obviously so; I know that's why I wasn't interested in him at first. But what can I say? he grew on me.

I could feel totally played by his formulaic character concept, but I enjoy him just the same, so that's what I'd rather do.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maddpanda531

@adamtrmm: Just saying, Aaron didn't create Broo. Christos Gage and Juan Bobillo did.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I dont know whether to give this guy a shot or not. I like Armor and Oya though. I want Apocalypse back so I dont care much about Evan, never been a fan of Quire though the way he was portrayed in the last Xmen issue was great, i get more of that and he could grow on me. Is Broo a mutant or an alien? Sorry Im way behind on this character.

Broo is a mutant alien, a Brood who is disconnected from the Brood hive-mind, which basically makes him humanoid, but with the powers of a Brood.

IstariJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yep yep, it's March 5th, like a lot of people have already mentioned.

It's funny, though, I'm actually quite sad to see Aaron leave the book. Yes, it was, well, completely crazy and insane, but I felt that was the book's strongest point and gave it a lot of charm. I understand completely everyone who's excited for it to take a more "serious" turn, but in my opinion, we get that in plenty of books right now (Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, etc., etc.) and the idea of a school for Super Heroes with basically an unlimited budget is one you can have a lot of fun with.

But, on the other hand, from the interviews I've read it sounds like Jason Latour plans to keep the overall "humor-ish tone" of the book the same, but adding some dark elements in as well. Honestly, I can see it working very well too and I'm sure I can get my monthly X-Men wacky-ness in Amazing X-Men which, so far, has been just as utterly insane. I've also never read anything of Jason Latour's, but I'm a little afraid that it'll lose that sort of "touch" it had for me after Aaron leaves.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By adamTRMM

Just saying, Aaron didn't create Broo. Christos Gage and Juan Bobillo did.

Never said he did, the "other" in the sentence makes it sound like cause Aaron is the only one who developed him since then.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.