Wolverine and the X-men Heroclix

#1 Posted by poisonfleur (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if there are any heroclix fans here, but here is the next upcoming set of X-men themed heroclix: Wolverine and the X-men. Looks very 90s inspired.

So far we have Colossus, Dazzler, Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto, Nate Grey, Rouge, Fantomex, & AoA Nightcrawler.

Let's hope for Pixie, Surge, Storm X:TAS, Quentin Q, Magik, more X-students, and more up to date versions of Kitty, Iceman & Angel. And maybe even the Phoenix Five?

#2 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually fantastic! You know, recently I've been contemplating getting into Heroclix for the first time and since I'm an X-Men fan this is perfect!

#3 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

What the Hell is a "Heroclix"?  Wha-what do they supposed to do? I'm guessing they click? Is it like some nerd game like Magic the Gathering, and Poggs? I'm just happy they have a Fantomex Heroclix-Thing-of a-jigg.....

#4 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

What the Hell is a "Heroclix"? Wha-what do they supposed to do? I'm guessing they click? Is it like some nerd game like Magic the Gathering, and Poggs? I'm just happy they have a Fantomex Heroclix-Thing-of a-jigg.....

Its a miniatures table top game, kind like warhammer thought much less complicated, in which u build a team of figures to beat ur opponents team of figures.

Its quite fun & easy to learn, but can still be quite challenging and rewarding for experienced players.

@poisonfleur said:

I don't know if there are any heroclix fans here, but here is the next upcoming set of X-men themed heroclix: Wolverine and the X-men. Looks very 90s inspired.

So far we have Colossus, Dazzler, Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto, Nate Grey, Rouge, Fantomex, & AoA Nightcrawler.

Let's hope for Pixie, Surge, Storm X:TAS, Quentin Q, Magik, more X-students, and more up to date versions of Kitty, Iceman & Angel. And maybe even the Phoenix Five?

Really looking forward to this set, hopefully we see some Juggernaut Colossus, a new ice man, and the Phoenix 5 :D

#5 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Poggs...awesome.

#7 Edited by Sammo21 (697 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: it humors me to no end you ask if this is a "nerd game" on a website that deals with comic books.

#8 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

yes they are going to have the phx 5 in the set super cool

#9 Posted by poisonfleur (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

yes they are going to have the phx 5 in the set super cool

When does this set come out
(Btw- They also have the blue team and gold team + Bendis' uncanny x-men team)

#10 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by XXkaeselXY (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want that rogue model. I hope she's a common!

That Xavier/Magneto is going to be expensive on the secondary market.

#12 Posted by XXkaeselXY (19 posts) - - Show Bio

What the Hell is a "Heroclix"? Wha-what do they supposed to do? I'm guessing they click? Is it like some nerd game like Magic the Gathering, and Poggs? I'm just happy they have a Fantomex Heroclix-Thing-of a-jigg.....

Heroclix is a pre-painted miniatures wargame. The game is played on a gridded map, usually being inspired by some battlefield from the comics. Every miniature in the game comes with a points cost that can range from massive (like Galactus) to something tiny (like a Nurse). Most models fall into the range of 25-300 points. The typical game is played with 300 points for each side, which can be spent buying any number of models. Most teams have 1 to 5 miniatures. In general the more costly the miniature, the better it is and vice versa. The click aspect comes from the models' bases. Every time the model takes damage, the base is clicked x number of times (where x is equal to the damage taken). Each click reveals a different set of numbers and powers, typically as a model takes damage his numbers (speed, attack, defense and damage) go down and his powers become less potent. Eventually, the model is KOed and removed from the battlefield. The winner of the game is the player who has defeated all of his opponents models or (in a tournament scenario) has accrued the most amount of points when time is called (i.e. has KOed a higher percentage of his opponents total points).

The game has a lot of tactical depth to it but is very easy to pick up and learn. It's a lot of fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.