Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Wolverine and the X-Men Ending!

• 94 results
    LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So with Marvel's February 2014 Solicits, we learn that Wolverine and the X-Men will be ending.

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #41 & 42

JASON AARON (W) • NICK BRADSHAW & PEPE LARRAZ (A)

Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

SCHOOL’S OUT FOREVER! FINAL ISSUES!

• It’s the end of the year for the Jean Grey school – but where do our graduates go from here? And who will have survived the experience?!

• Jason Aaron, Pepe Larraz & Nick Bradshaw bring the story of the Jean Grey school to a close!

32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T …$3.99 (EACH)

No Caption Provided

I'll be sad to see this series go and I'm curious about what's next for the X-Men. I sense big changes coming next year.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Oh man. I know some will applaud this, but this bums me out. Was a very different and entertaining read and now the young characters in the cast that have been lovingly developed by this creative team will be open season for other writers to slaughter to try and seem edgy.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

@fodigg said:

Oh man. I know some will applaud this, but this bums me out. Was a very different and entertaining read and now the young characters in the cast that have been lovingly developed by this creative team will be open season for other writers to slaughter to try and seem edgy.

I have a feeling that Amazing X-Men is going to take the place of Wolverine and the X-Men.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By frozenedge2

I'm actually sad to see this series end especially seeing how I enjoyed the Hellfire Club Saga. Maybe Amazing X-Men will take it's place? And did they just add Kitty to the cover because she used to teach their or did she come back because she was actually spying on Scott?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wow!!! Thank God!!!! Is Marvel finally doing the right thing and taking steps in the right direction?!!!! I hate to sh*t on those who swear by this series but imo it was crap and Im glad to see it go. Im just not a fan of Aaron's silly stuff and some of the stories told i.e The kiddy Hellfire Club and all. I do think Amazing Xmen will take its place..... so I guess there that... for those that love Aaron. But for me this is great news!!!

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#6 Icarusflies  Moderator

Oh well. It was a really good series when it was allowed to stand on its own, but all the crossovers really did destroy it.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does this mean Cyclops wins?

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually sad to see this series end especially seeing how I enjoyed the Hellfire Club Saga. Maybe Amazing X-Men will take it's place? And did they just add Kitty to the cover because she used to teach their or did she come back because she was actually spying on Scott?

They haven't said either way. But I think she's just on the cover because she used to teach there.

@hawk2916 said:

Wow!!! Thank God!!!! Is Marvel finally doing the right thing and taking steps in the right direction?!!!! I hate to sh*t on those who swear by this series but imo it was crap and Im glad to see it go. Im just not a fan of Aaron's silly stuff and some of the stories told i.e The kiddy Hellfire Club and all. I do think Amazing Xmen will take its place..... so I guess there that... for those that love Aaron. But for me this is great news!!!

:( I like it. xD But I understand the negative opinions.

@tohoma said:

Not necessarily, it might just mean that most of the cast is going to switch to a different series.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

I think it does. But im still sad that jean grey school will close forever, maybe they will change it back to xavier school?????

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tohoma

@lcazt1996: I know. My comment was a failed attempt to be comical as well as starting a Wolverine-Cyclops war.

@tohoma said:

I think it does. But im still sad that jean grey school will close forever, maybe they will change it back to xavier school?????

I don't think they can call it the Xavier school since Cyclops' school is the New Xavier school. It would be a bit confusing.

While it is not on my pull list anymore I am a bit saddened by it. I really liked the earlier issues though.

personz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was the only X-men title I was even remotely interested in. The only thing that killed it for me was it constantly being dragged into crossovers. Oh well. Hopefully most of the cast find's their way into a decent book and are not just off'd like I assume most of the cast of Avengers Arena will end up.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Hopefully the relaunch has virtually nothing to do with Aaron and his detrimental 'contributions' to the X-Verse. This title was one of the worst.

Like, what's there to miss ?

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes!!! Now cancel Uncanny and All New so we can have good writers and good x-titles.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

HURRRAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY YEAHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHIPPIE!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY

No Caption Provided

THATS RIGHT GET IT CYCLOPS GET IT YA WHEWWW!!!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#15  Edited By time1

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm not totally sure why people would be so happy. If you disliked the book you could have just not read it

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Hopefully the relaunch has virtually nothing to do with Aaron and his detrimental 'contributions' to the X-Verse. This title was one of the worst.

qft

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I figured this was what was going to happen when I saw the solicits for Amazing X-Men, that it was meant to replace not only Astonishing' but WatX-men as well. Which is fine by me, I already like Amazing' more than WatX-men.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is ending the jean grey school because he is going on a darker path

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kidchipotle

Where does it say that The Jean Grey School is definitely ending? That's a WHOLE LOT of cast becoming homeless and where would Wolverines team operate? In a regular X-Mansion!?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huzzah, now if only Uncanny Avengers be cancelled for good.

Than the real celebrations can begin.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huzzah, now if only Uncanny Avengers be cancelled for good.

Than the real celebrations can begin.

can't you just not read it?

some of us really like that book.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dayvid3

Good, I couldn't get behind it, and there are books or a new book with about the same chars. And the name is a screw to X-men as a sidekick. Let's hope it's the end of this marketing trend. Superman and the Justice league? Iron Man and the Avengers? I like Cable a lot, but I wish it was just X-force or something similar too.

I did kind of like the art, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well its about time...i'm still not sold on logan running a school - a deadly killer trying to teach kids??

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

So, so happy it's ending!

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I find the concept, the use of the characters and the story all a waste and an insult just to prop up the X-men mytho's. Avengers handling mutant problems all out of their jurisdiction it's an X-men problem after all.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I find the concept, the use of the characters and the story all a waste and an insult just to prop up the X-men mytho's. Avengers handling mutant problems all out of their jurisdiction it's an X-men problem after all.

it's the Avengers fighting global threats; since when is that "out of their jurisdiction"? From what I've read (ie, most Avengers comics ever printed), that's what the Avengers do.

Despite the initial conceit, that some of the members have been X-men is coincidental. It's just a good Avengers book, an all-star cast of marvel superheroes fighting super villains as well as among each other. To my mind, as well as lots of other long-time Avengers fans, it's the best Avengers book marvel has put out in years.

You say the use of the characters and story are a waste, but you also admit that you haven't read it, which, to my mind, rather invalidates the first claim. I have read it, I think it's good.

Simply, no one's forcing you to read this book, so what harm does it do to you that some of us enjoy it?

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: you know I swear by that book. Not only is it the best Avengers book out there but its the best xmen book as well.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: you know I swear by that book (Uncanny Avengers). Not only is it the best Avengers book out there but its the best xmen book as well.

well, I don't consider it an X-men book, but it's been more consistently good in the past year than any of the X-men's books. And, yeah, by my count, best Avengers book in years.

Something I think it has working in it's favor is that it hasn't had to be tied into any crossovers yet, which both the other current Avengers and X-men books could stand to do less.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT. I was over tis book like 20 issues ago.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda not liking where all new x men is going now that BOTA is over. With this series ending I think i may jump into Amazing X-Men. I still want to have at least one X- Men title i heard some good things out of issue one and I hear Nightcrawler is back so that will be my first exposure to him.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHy would anyone be Happy? MetH isn't going to jump around and be Happy once series He dislikes end. Believe MetH, wHen Red SHe Hulk ended MetH just didn't care. SwampTHing's series could last forever or end 2moro, MetH doesn't care.

June'sVeryOwn

PeterCSM730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PeterCSM730

Is the Jean Grey School closing? I think that's a terrible thing because there's a lot you can do with it. I also think it's weird when somebody is thrilled a comic is being cancelled. There are so very many comics I don't read or even like, but if they get cancelled nothing changes in my life so I hardly care, much less celebrate.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#38 god_spawn  Moderator

I'm happy the book is ending because it hasn't been good for awhile. I am not necessarily happy it is ending because I don't know if the school is actually going to close, which I do actually like some of the characters in it. If the book switches over under a different theme then fine. WatXM lost its charm a long time ago.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet merciful christ am I happy this book is ending.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I am happy that the book is ending because there weren't that many moments in which the stories were actually good.Also I am pretty curious what is coming next for the characters that we have been seeing in the title.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Wolverine008

@dbatdog said:

well its about time...i'm still not sold on logan running a school - a deadly killer trying to teach kids??

We haven't seen weirder things in comics?

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the Jean Grey School closing? I think that's a terrible thing because there's a lot you can do with it. I also think it's weird when somebody is thrilled a comic is being cancelled. There are so very many comics I don't read or even like, but if they get cancelled nothing changes in my life so I hardly care, much less celebrate.

It's less of a problem if you are a fan of a relatively self-contained franchise; with the X-Men, there are often years where a character that is a fan favorite or at least has a consistent history is misrepresented, made a jobber or pushed to the background because of a particular editorial direction. In terms of WatX and the entire premise of Schism, there was a lot of uncharacteristic behavior and it was often inconsistent between different X titles. So a bad core X-book can lead to your "favorite" characters being dragged through the mud for years. Hence the celebration.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is the last we'll see of the title. I bet it gets re-launched with a new creative team and a title like "Storm and the X-Men", who, let's be honest here, makes infinitely more sense to run a school. I've also heard rumours of a title called "The Utopians" floating around so that's also a possibility.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is the last we'll see of the title. I bet it gets re-launched with a new creative team and a title like "Storm and the X-Men", who, let's be honest here, makes infinitely more sense to run a school. I've also heard rumours of a title called "The Utopians" floating around so that's also a possibility.

I'm also hearing things about "The Utopians". I'm surprised. An X-Book with the letter X in it?

Wouldnt mind seeing the kids of this book in their own title, mentored by the younger X-Men (we have like, 3 generations of them in comicbooklimbo, New Mutants, Gen X and New X-Men). It's like as if we don't have enough Wolverine, Storm and Beast around. *shrug*

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With this series ending I think i may jump into Amazing X-Men. I still want to have at least one X- Men title i heard some good things out of issue one and I hear Nightcrawler is back so that will be my first exposure to him.

The first issue was great :v

@dbatdog said:

We haven't seen weirder things in comics?

how does no one seem to remember that Magnetowas in charge of the school for years? And he was given the job by Xavier. Then it was Cable who was in charge? And who was Xavier's pick for the generation after that? Emma Frost?

yeah, Wolverine being in charge just doesn't seem that weird to me.

@tomchu said:

Wouldnt mind seeing the kids of this book in their own title, mentored by the younger X-Men (we have like, 3 generations of them in comicbooklimbo, New Mutants, Gen X and New X-Men). It's like as if we don't have enough Wolverine, Storm and Beast around. *shrug*

they aren't completely in limbo, Cannonball and Sunspot are on the Avengers, Moonstar's on the Defenders, Magik's on Cyclops' team, Jubilee, Karma, and Chamber are on the X-men, and M's supposed to be joining the X-men as well. That's at least most of the remaining New Mutants and Gen.Xers accounted for, even if some of them are in smaller roles.

With Astonishing X-Men and now Wolverine and the X-Men both cancelled, that only leaves one X-men book with Wolverine and (old) Beast in it (Amazing X-Men), so, as much as I would like to see, say, Cannonball and Moonstar have their own team, it does at least seem like they're trying to reign in the overexposure of the old guard somewhat.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that would honestly be the best thing. Quit overexposing these guys in every book printed with several different writers contradicting each other and killing the credibility of the characters. Focus on developing good stories based on a few characters in the books and get some of the other guys out of writer limbo. Its not like Warpath and Karma and Chamber and Frenzy and Sage are getting exposure. I say get the same old crap with the same old characters off the shelf and do some actual writing and development and pay attention to making quality stories not just putting characters in books just for the hell of it. When I think all the books out there it seems as if there is plenty of room for everybody. Hell when you look at these forums and people are creating teams, generally its kept to 8-member teams at times 9 member teams and generally about 6-7 books. How come everybody here can do it but these so-called genius' at Marvel cant figure that out.

And why do people assume that they have to get a big name to push a story. Funny enough Marvel and DC aren't the only comic books out there and others don't have the huge names these two giants do but still sell. To me it's about the story. But sometimes it seems that Marvel believes if you did a series with Wolverine home-decorating, quilting, playing bingo and bridge at the nursing home, and showing you how to cook for the week in less than 30-minutes, people would buy it just because Wolverine is in it.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

And that would honestly be the best thing. Quit overexposing these guys in every book printed with several different writers contradicting each other and killing the credibility of the characters. Focus on developing good stories based on a few characters in the books and get some of the other guys out of writer limbo. Its not like Warpath and Karma and Chamber and Frenzy and Sage are getting exposure. I say get the same old crap with the same old characters off the shelf and do some actual writing and development and pay attention to making quality stories not just putting characters in books just for the hell of it. When I think all the books out there it seems as if there is plenty of room for everybody. Hell when you look at these forums and people are creating teams, generally its kept to 8-member teams at times 9 member teams and generally about 6-7 books. How come everybody here can do it but these so-called genius' at Marvel cant figure that out.

And why do people assume that they have to get a big name to push a story. Funny enough Marvel and DC aren't the only comic books out there and others don't have the huge names these two giants do but still sell. To me it's about the story. But sometimes it seems that Marvel believes if you did a series with Wolverine home-decorating, quilting, playing bingo and bridge at the nursing home, and showing you how to cook for the week in less than 30-minutes, people would buy it just because Wolverine is in it.

Yes. I can get behind this.

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see X-Men Legacy relaunch (it seems it may be wrapping up too) as a Kid Omega-centric book with him leading his own X-Men Squad. That seems to be what Wolvie and the X-Men has been leading to.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I actually knew this title was being cancelled the moment the newer X-Men titles were being announced, especially Amazing X-Men and All-New, All-Different X-Men. There was no way that they could have several different titles detailing the Jean Grey Institute without making each portrayal of the school different in each title and thus, confusing the fans. Although, I will admit that I'm not really sad to see this title go, especially after hearing that the characters were written so poorly in this series.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, sad to see it go. Had great fun reading the title. Just finishing a read through of the entire series thus far (just at the Hellfire Saga) and it is feckin great fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.