Will X-Men #1 sell 100,000+ copies?

Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Will X-Men #1 sell 100,000+ copies? (47 votes)

Yes 53%
No 47%

Uncanny X-Force #1 sold with 86,000+

Cable and the X-Force#1 sold 90,000+

All New X-Men #1 sold 181,000+

X-Men Legacy #1 sold 87,000+

So what do you think about X-Men #1? Will it sell more than 100,000 copies?

#1 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

It has a lot of fan favorites so its possible. But im guessing it'll sell 75-85k.

#2 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it might, it's the one title that most x-fans are looking foward. It' s ashamed I won't be buying when it comes out, cause I am going into Hospital on day it comes out, I'm having surgery on my right hand. I will have to wait a month or 2 to read the title, Bad timing or what.

#3 Posted by NightHaunter (111 posts) - - Show Bio

It has more fan-favourites than either X-Force, and has a more highly regarded creative team, so yeah I'd bet my house on it.

#4 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'll sell more. I'll buy two.

#5 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing the numbers for Cable and the X-Force made me vote yes.

I have already ordered the J. Scott Campbell variant and I will more than likely buy it on release day digitally, so that's double the numbers you'd usually have from me. In fact, I think variants are key, because between that one, the Deadpool/Beatles one, and a few others, there are definitely some good incentives attached to that issue even for people (again, like me) who don't usually pay attention to things like that. And I know people for whom this is the only Marvel or X-Men book they are even planning to be following anytime soon, which says to me it must have a greater appeal than a usual book.

The far more interesting question, to me, is whether Issue 2 will sell more than 100K. Or whatever issue reflects the change from pre-release orders to post-release orders (when the number reflects people having read the first issue and then deciding to continue ordering it).

#6 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Wood writing my favorite X-Ladies, with Coipel's art........ It's a wet dream. Need to change my sheets.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of internet traffic that came out from the title's first teaser release till now was...on another scale. It's going to sell more than 100k.

#8 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

This comic is going to singlehandedly blow the doors off Marvel!

GIRL POWER!

#9 Posted by Polarity (106 posts) - - Show Bio

The first issue should be #1 on the charts. It will sell over 100K and then settle down like all other Marvel Now titles.

#10 Posted by Teerack (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have done so much better if it came out like 5 months ago like most Marvel now titles. I honestly forgot about it and lost pretty much all interest in it.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe. A lot of other Marvel Now X-titles are out already though, so people may not be able to afford to add another to their monthly shopping list. I imagine there are a few variants available that will push the sales up a bit.

#12 Posted by Xaos (417 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

The cover is cool and all, but in the Marvel Universe, the avengers have stealed the spotlight. The X-men writers seems to have lost some of their focus, story wise telling. The movie franchise have to get a new cool movie. (Wolverine was meh to me.) so it lost some of their "collateral" advertisement.

Marvel nickname, "The house of idea", seemed more and more ironic to me, so it's difficult to me to imagine them telling highly spirited compelling story that doesn't sacrifice to the god of the status quo or to the ego of theirs writers. More than that, the market is hurt in the nuts of the wallet people, so I doubt really they sell more than 100k.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91226 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

It would have done so much better if it came out like 5 months ago like most Marvel now titles. I honestly forgot about it and lost pretty much all interest in it.

So you're not going to give it a try?

#14 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Right-- That's what I was going to ask^

#15 Posted by Teerack (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@teerack said:

Right-- That's what I was going to ask^

Honestly after what happened with Spider-Man I ended up losing interest in a lot of books and only have been able to keep reading Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Superman, and Red Hood and the Outlaws. I have piles of books I'm not reading in my room and I just can get myself to want to read any of them, so probably not.

#16 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone and their mothers should be buying this book.

My dream would be for this book to sell and do so well over the next few months that it becomes the undisputed flagship book. All the other book/teams are too focused on opposing each other or hiding away from the world. I hope X-men goes beyond such things and strives to be what made them so exceptional in the first place. A family of friends saving the world for mutants and humans. You know classic X-men stuff.

#17 Posted by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio

Had this book launched before some of the others maybe. But I think some readers have already had their fill of X titles since Marvel Now launched. The creative team couldn't be more solid and roster is phenomenal. There is no doubt this will be a great book.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91226 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Honestly after what happened with Spider-Man I ended up losing interest in a lot of books and only have been able to keep reading Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Superman, and Red Hood and the Outlaws. I have piles of books I'm not reading in my room and I just can get myself to want to read any of them, so probably not.

I don't blame you. I haven't really kept up with X-men in quite some time I was enthusiastic about this but when it didn't come out when it was supposed to I kind of lost interest myself. I AM going to pick it up but alot of the interest I had kind of deteriorated. I might get the first issue and unless that is amazing chances are I may forget about it.

#19 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

<-- Tie Breaking Vote, Yes, Yes it will!!

#20 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11581 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it does, it's going to be a great book (mostly likely)!

#21 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

This very well is the flag-ship X-Men book whether Marvel likes it or not. Plot's already about classic Claremazons helping a younger Claremazon in need, with classic Claremontian soap-opera dialogue to go with.

#23 Edited by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Rogue was part of the Avengers now.

#24 Posted by Babsgirl (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I hoping it does , it seem's like it'll be good .

#25 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5871 posts) - - Show Bio

It might sell very well, but since there's already too many X-Titles out, I'm sort of losing interest too. However, as long as the story has the characters just going on their own adventures and not be tied down with the other titles, then I'm definitely giving this series a try!

#26 Edited by Rickbarry (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say 'No', but that doesn't mean it's going to be a bad product. Wasn't it supposed to come out two or three months ago? You can lose a lot of buzz in that time period. If I didn't frequent this website I wouldn't know it's release date.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5871 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say 'No', but that doesn't mean it's going to be a bad product. Wasn't it supposed to come out two or three months ago? You can lose a lot of buzz in that time period. If I didn't frequent this website I wouldn't know it's release date.

I definitely agree with this. If this title had been released around the same time the other Marvel NOW titles were being released then it probably would have sold a bit better, although I still think it might do well in sales depending on how much Marvel hypes this title (which they should since this is going to be one of the few all female titles being released).

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think so.

#29 Edited by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say, if it doesn't, then it should have. Because if 90,000+ gave CatXF a try, they should definitely be giving this one.

#30 Edited by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

Seeing the numbers for Cable and the X-Force made me vote yes.

I have already ordered the J. Scott Campbell variant and I will more than likely buy it on release day digitally, so that's double the numbers you'd usually have from me. In fact, I think variants are key, because between that one, the Deadpool/Beatles one, and a few others, there are definitely some good incentives attached to that issue even for people (again, like me) who don't usually pay attention to things like that. And I know people for whom this is the only Marvel or X-Men book they are even planning to be following anytime soon, which says to me it must have a greater appeal than a usual book.

The far more interesting question, to me, is whether Issue 2 will sell more than 100K. Or whatever issue reflects the change from pre-release orders to post-release orders (when the number reflects people having read the first issue and then deciding to continue ordering it).

that was also my basis. since Cable and the X-Force #1 sold 90,000+ and Uncanny X-Force #1 sold 86,000+, then the adjectiveless X-Men #1 should be able to sell 100,000+

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.