Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Will we have a new animated series inspired by DoFP?

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I noticed after the first X-men film , the animation X-men:Evolution came out, then after a run of three films not too long after The last stand came out , Wolverine and the X-men animated series had a run as well. So once again we have a new popularity or at least season of X-men films in vogue with DoFP coming out in weeks and Apocalypse already planned, so could we have a new animation series to ride this new popularity? I surely hope so ..I hope it is more mature along the lines of the first animated series but better animated like Wolverine and the X-men(which was good too bad it was canned) or Young Justice of DC

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I was just thinking about the X-men's animated series over on this thread, but this has got me thinking..

one of my major complaints about most of the animated series is that they seem like watered down versions of what I like about the comics. But I do like the movies (X-men, X-2, and 'First Class, anyway), because they're so different that I don't bother to compare them to the comics.

It kind of makes me think that if they had an animated series that was more like the continuity in the movies I might actually really like it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard rumors they were working on an X-men catoon about a year ago when they released hulk and agents, Avengers assemble etc. And I'd love to see them draw in more fans on both the big and small screen with a cartoon.

My thing is I think they should stay far away from the "play off the movie" idea. My opinion of Avengers Assemble...which was done in the movies vein...is little to none because of them trying to capture a feel that wasn't it's own...which is why it struggled to find its feet.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@koays: I agree that the next X-Men animated series shouldn't be too connected to the movies because then we wouldn't have an X-Men TV series that is trying to do its own thing for the fans who want something different to happen with this franchise in the TV series (which is what I want to see happen).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I agree that the next X-Men animated series shouldn't be too connected to the movies because then we wouldn't have an X-Men TV series that is trying to do its own thing for the fans who want something different to happen with this franchise in the TV series (which is what I want to see happen).

Yea give me an adaptation of a storyline or concept here and there but the feel of the show shouldn't get too reliant on comics or movies. My favorite Apocalypse story is the one from Evolution, and its different from anything i can say i'd seen with the character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.