Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Will 2014, be her year.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

I'm talking about Emma Frost. 2013 is a Jean Grey year. We got teen Jean Grey and we had future Jean Grey. Kitty, Magik and Jubilee have been written quit well. While Emma had her moments this year. Do you think next year will be her year. The last 6 years, she has been written terribly.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

@time: Depends largely on how much you like Bendis' writing style, I guess.

He obviously appreciates the character, giving her a pretty central role the first time he got to use her (in House of M), as "the leader of the X-men". And having her on the same team as Cyclops, Kitty, and the Cuckoos, certainly plays to some of her strongest character dynamics, so it seems unlikely he didn't have her in mind at least somewhat.

Then again, even given his appreciation for the character, it remains to be seen how large a role she'll have in the story he wants to tell. And whether or not people like his interpretation of her in that role, I guess.

I'd like to see it, though.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know if it will be "her" year but I certainly hope her role in Uncanny continues to grow. I might be a Scott/Jean fan over Scott/Emma but I certainly still would like to see Emma shine because she's awesome.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@time:

Idk Bendis is writting her and alot of people dont like him. Its still to early to tell. Can they make the comic pace alittle faster plz.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

How many issues is she into Uncanny ? How relevant has she been to the title as opposed to snark-star TA with hill-billy 'tude ? Has Bendis implied of any particular major plans concerning Emma past the latest issue ? Does he even careabout her ? Does he even knowher ?

Lol think about it. The only way Emma can get a decent shot and character importance is by escaping Bendis' clutches. Had she been under Wood or anyone else, at this point, there may have been hope, but so far it's embarrassingly regressed clingy ex-girlfriend with iterated Bendis-speak for the rest of her days. Doesn't look like she's gonna have many fine years if Bendis has his way.

Soz Emma fans.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

^ I have to agree.

I love me some Emma Frost and although she is still in the high ranks for Cyclops' team nothing is being done with her character. There's been around 15 issues of Uncanny and nothing's really been done with her character... She's had a monologue here or there other than that, shallow low-remarks and tbh that hasn't been Emma in a while. To make this character astonishing again Bendis needs to stop writing her, he does not do her justice whatsoever and it's upsetting.

Bring back Gen. X Emma Frost and I'll be happy, I mean she has her students why not make something of that.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GonnaRain

Bendis doesn't know what to do with her, and even if he did, he can't really handle her.

It will be her year if Bendis stops acting like a kindergardener who can't share his toys even if he isn't using them and lets someone like Wood writer her for a change.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

I'm talking about Emma Frost. 2013 is a Jean Grey year. We got teen Jean Grey and we had future Jean Grey. Kitty, Magik and Jubilee have been written quit well. While Emma had her moments this year. Do you think next year will be her year. The last 6 years, she has been written terribly.

We'll have to wait (keyword there) and see. Bendis' pace makes the story go like, nowhere. And now we've got three issues of All-New going into space to deal with Bendis' other playground, GotG.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far in Uncanny, i would have to agree with @ageofhurricane that Bendis hasnt written anything for Emma that would make me think 2014 will be "Emma's year". But then again, besides the first half of #2, there hasn't been anything Emma-centric. Not that i recall anyway. It seems an upcoming arc will focus on Magneto. Until we see how and if Bendis handles an Emma story arc, we will have to wait and see if it will indeed be Emma's year.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. To be honest, most writers don't know how to handle a personality like hers and the current editorial direction seems to focus on macho posturing. It has not been a good set of years for the X-Women in general.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis doesn't know what to do with her, and even if he did, he can't really handle her.

It will be her year if Bendis stops acting like a kindergardener who can't share his toys even if he isn't using them and lets someone like Wood writer her for a change.

lol so true

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you guys read Uncanny X-Men #14 this week?

I thought that was a pretty good showing for Emma.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, that's where Emma shines. Well one of the places she does. I really enjoyed it and hope there's more in store for her this year.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

Agreed, that's where Emma shines. Well one of the places she does. I really enjoyed it and hope there's more in store for her this year.

me too :v

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

yeah. all good except for her trashy get up.

Also didnt she see benjamin(whose a student) naked? Unappropriate

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.