Why X-Men Messiah Complex Hard Cover is sooo expensive?

#1 Edited by Knight_Justice (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the titles says Why X-Men Messiah Complex Hard Cover is so expensive? I've always been curious about that. Anyone knows why?

I have one and I'm planning on selling it. I'm deciding at what price I should sell it.

#2 Edited by Squares (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Three reasons. Messiah complex is long, comics are expensive, and anything hardcover is expensive.

#4 Posted by Knight_Justice (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa: I've seen prices around $85 and higher. That why I'm asking.

#5 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa: That's used and varies in condition with those low prices having serious flaws with the book usually.

Over on Ebay the cheapest right now looks to be $50 and the next one available is at $100. Not available on Mycomicshop. Cover price is $40 and it seems to be a hard to find book so I'd say it really depends on how quickly you want to sell it. If you can wait a while you can price it higher obviously. Based on how hard it is to find I would probably price it at around $75 but I'm not much of a salesperson either so.

#6 Edited by Azrael_Online (175 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely have to be careful and check descriptions on Amazon. I buy quite a bit used and have gotten lucky. Some of these hardcovers priced at over 60.00 are a bit nuts though.

#7 Posted by papad1992 (6812 posts) - - Show Bio

@knight_justice: Why are you selling it!? It's a good collectible!

@squares said:

Three reasons. Messiah complex is long, comics are expensive, and anything hardcover is expensive.

THIS!

#8 Edited by Knight_Justice (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for my late answer to this. Well I still have this. I was just curious about the pricing. Messiah Complex and The Rise and Fall of Shi'ar Empire were the titles that got me into X-Men comics again. But lately X-Men titles are bad, really bad.

#9 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3462 posts) - - Show Bio

they only expected to sell one copy

#10 Posted by Ryagan (464 posts) - - Show Bio

Hardcovers always get ridiculously expensive after a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.