Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Why not 3 X-squads?

WeaponCatfish1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WeaponCatfish1

I was just thinking about how many X-men team members there were, and how certain characters seem to get the the majority of the spotlight. I remember as probably alot of u do the good old blue and gold teams from the 90s. I realized since there are now 3 X-Men titles(X-Men, Uncanny, and Legacy) why not have a different core team in each book ,with maybe a few key characters such as Cyclops and Wolverine, float throughout all 3 titles as the respective titles stories need them. Maybe a Blue, Gold, and Red team or something like that. What do u guys think? How would u divide the teams up? I was thinking around 7 members a team
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I do miss the days of having defined team rosters.  With the internal war over leadership in the near future, they may end up closer to having rosters... but I'm not about to hold my breath.   

BTW, I would have gone with Black instead of Red.  Blue was used as a shine on black surfaces, but over time it came to replace the black in the uniform ;)

WeaponCatfish1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WeaponCatfish1

Yeah I like the thinking outside the box on the color thing :) I would def love to see a defined roster for each book- I mean the New Mutants, X-Factor, and X-Force all have a definitive roster so why not the three main X-titles. I also believe that when it comes to crossover time(and u know there will always be a crossover!), it would be interesting to see how characters relationships with one another would change, after being on different teams and inter-acting with others they may not normally be close to.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Me thinks the Blue and Gold Team are coming back in the new and improved Astonishing X-Men with both Storm and Cyclops leading different team but for some reason in the same x-book

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By John Valentine
    @AgeofHurricane said:

" Me thinks the Blue and Gold Team are coming back in the new and improved Astonishing X-Men with both Storm and Cyclops leading different team but for some reason in the same x-book "

No, Storm's not important enough to lead a team anymore. It's about CyclopsandWolverine now.  

See: Schism - the new arc, not the rubbish X-Treme X-men one.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine: Funny i always wanted Marvel to bring the X-Treme X-Men back and when i found out that Storm was leading (or doing what ever she is with) a team in the new and improved Astonishing X-Men series i was pretty psyched even though that team didnt solely own the series, for some reason Marvel decided to share it with CYCLOPS and WOLVERINE on HIS team, which is something i find a little ironic as this whole schism thing is about Cyclops and Wolverine fighting for leader ship why would Wolverine still be in Astonishing's picture? unless this has something to do with it not being in accurate continuity with everything else or it's to keep up the father daughter relationship with Armour going, and well i kind of agree with you mentioning Storm isn't as important as she used to be but still she's making more appearances then i can say she was like 2 or 3 years ago and she's even currently doing "something" in the new adjective less X-Men series which is again "something", and don't think im that much of a "fan-boy" that i could mistake this Schism for the X-Treme X-Men version which wasn't IMO a rubbish arc, i liked it :D.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    " @John Valentine: Funny i always wanted Marvel to bring the X-Treme X-Men back and when i found out that Storm was leading (or doing what ever she is with) a team in the new and improved Astonishing X-Men series i was pretty psyched even though that team didnt solely own the series, for some reason Marvel decided to share it with CYCLOPS and WOLVERINE on HIS team, which is something i find a little ironic as this whole schism thing is about Cyclops and Wolverine fighting for leader ship why would Wolverine still be in Astonishing's picture? unless this has something to do with it not being in accurate continuity with everything else or it's to keep up the father daughter relationship with Armour going, and well i kind of agree with you mentioning Storm isn't as important as she used to be but still she's making more appearances then i can say she was like 2 or 3 years ago and she's even currently doing "something" in the new adjective less X-Men series which is again "something", and don't think im that much of a "fan-boy" that i could mistake this Schism for the X-Treme X-Men version which wasn't IMO a rubbish arc, i liked it :D. "
    I don't think Astonishing X-Men, though it's supposed to, can be counted as a book in current continuity anymore. 
    I like Storm's role in Adjectiveless. The Storm/Gambit one-shot last year was good too. But, I think it's too soon for Marvel to give her complete leadership of a team, indeed, her own full book, granted that she's been absent from a lot of important X-related plots in the last few years.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's so frustrating that the editorial staff continue to pimp at least 3 separate ongoing x-titles that feature the same core cast.  With so many mutants running around Utopia you think they'd figure out a way to individualise Uncanny, adjectiveless & Astonishing by now :p

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine: Well the only times that i thought Astonishing hit continuity full one was when; kitty found Peter, Kitty "died", Forge "died" and lets not forget Storm rejoining the X-Men through Astonishing (for some reason) other then that the whole Exogenetic thing was a bit rushed for me and i didn't really see the significance of it, im starting to think now that Astonishing is just a title for ongoing Story arcs with no home-age to the title itself but im hoping as the team is splitting into two and with Kitty and Pete rejoining we'll see a little bit more "continuity" in it's pages, i like Storm's role too in adjective-less and yeah you're right her having full leader ship of a whole team isn't something that should happen so quickly im guessing that's why she wasn't even mentioned in this schism
    Avatar image for aussiebushwacker
    aussiebushwacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By aussiebushwacker
    @John Valentine said:
    "@AgeofHurricane said:

" Me thinks the Blue and Gold Team are coming back in the new and improved Astonishing X-Men with both Storm and Cyclops leading different team but for some reason in the same x-book "

No, Storm's not important enough to lead a team anymore. It's about CyclopsandWolverine now.  

See: Schism - the new arc, not the rubbish X-Treme X-men one. "

agree. oh god that series ruined storm.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @aussiebushwacker: How?
    Avatar image for aussiebushwacker
    aussiebushwacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By aussiebushwacker
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    " @aussiebushwacker: How? "

well it made her really annoyin. that series just went and on and was crap. the series that followed the x.s.e was as bad. she hasn't been a leader in any x-men tittles since. the only thing that kept her interesting was her marriage black panther. don't get me wrong i like her, she just needs to be redeemed. that's my opion.
    jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By jakeeboi17

I'd rather just see five or more core teams of the X-Men... They have ALOT of new characters joining their ranks since the whole Utopia shindig. And granted once everything settles down a little more, a lot of those mutants will disappear off of the map once again, but still even with just the New X-Men sort of becoming fully fledged X-Men they have enough characters to span a few different rosters.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @aussiebushwacker: Well to each-his-own :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.