Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Why isn't Marvel addressing some of these issues?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Seems like Marvel never fully explores these plots... ever. So why the build up and wasted oportunities??

1) Jean and Rachel NEVER meeting... ever.

-Now would be a good time! Rachel spent half her life as an x-men ranting about Jean.. Now that she is here, why haven't the two even met?? Especially since Jean and the O5 are possibly being sent to their original time period? What a waste.

2) Storm and Wolverine's relationship.

- So we are ALWAYS being teased by this-- Even in X-men TAS. Marvel always has the two kiss and get close, then after NOTHING. This has happened a few other times in the past. They only times their relationship was done justice was in the TAS & Ultimate universe. So why not 616?

3) Ms./Captain Marvel's feelings about Rogue being an Avenger now.

- Let's be honest, Marvel missed the opportunity to have them both on the same team in uncanny avengers. That would have created better drama for the story. Are the two friends? rivals? frienemies? what?

4) Random, but shouldn't Polaris be in Uncanny Avengers with Alex and Wanda? Her series X-factor got cancelled, right? I think she could work in that title (UA).

5) Seriously, where is Lifeguard??? Apparently, she was apart of Cyclops's roster at Schism... then what??

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

1) Idk Ya see they really messed up in AvX not having jean show up at all was just stupid.

What I think is going to happen is that older phoenix jean will come back an send them back home then maybe come back.

2)I think most people dont like them together because of how Wolverine kills an Storm doesn't ya know. But Wolverine was trying not to kill for some time lol but not anymore really. An hey opposites attract right. I would love them together but we'll have to see what BP says lol

3)I thought they had made up but ya know still where distant so essentially frienemies I think idk

4)Love sure does seem like Alex just let her behind huh. But ya she should be with them. But do Wanda an Polaris even like each other?

5) An this i draw a blank idk one bit maybe she went to Wolverines School an became a member of the staff or something.

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

1.) Yeah, totally feel ya on this one. Seems like an awkward moment shared by the two would at least be warranted. As far as fan-explanations go, my reading-in-between-the-lines handbook says that Rachel might find the situation to traumatic and strange for both of them emotionally and psychically to be terribly healthy for either of them. But that's all I got as far as anything resembling solid logic.

2.) Again, agreed. Understand that poor Wolvy may be friend-zoned, but they clearly care about each other deeply, known each other forever, have remained friends despite their differences, and clearly don't mind hooking up on occasion. All the right ingredients seem to be there. Of course, Storm's track record with relationships is nothing short of abysmal, so I suppose we can give the gal some credit for not pursuing things further.

3.) Honestly, I think too much time has passed for newer readers to really appreciate a Ms. Marvel/Rogue dynamic. Plus, they have already hashed out a lot of that before (in the now iconic Contest of Champions II #5; we all remember that...right?). Also, with Rogue no longer having Ms. Marvel's power set and being way more in control of her abilities, a lot of the potential tension is sorta gone. And Carol's solo series provides the character with enough angst as is, so I don't see Uncanny Avengers operating at a loss without her. Still would be nice to see Ms. Danvers in the series, though.

4.) Sure. Why not?

5.) I don't think Lifeguard has enough of a fanbase to bring her to the forefront of any book, if we're being honest.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean and Rachel shared a panel in Watx #30 I believe though it was a big panel showing all the JGS. Bendis stated that Jean and Rachel are supposed to have a moment in All New X-Men 15 which is not too far off from now.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tomasmaclgh

3) But he apparently broke up with Lorna (Uncanny Avengers 7: "My life's been a bit crap lately. Lost in space, a messy breakup, and my brothers...")

Plus, Lorna appeared in Astonishing X-Men with the whole Iceman going bad thing. But continuity with that title is complicated. Though when she was dreaming she did say "...Havok..."

4) Where are half the mutants that lived in Utopia? And where is Thunderbird (Neal Shaara) ? He was with Lifeguard when they left X-Treme X-Men to join X-Corporation, and he retained his powers after M-Day.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Seems like Marvel never fully explores these plots... ever. So why the build up and wasted oportunities??

-Now would be a good time! Rachel spent half her life as an x-men ranting about Jean.. Now that she is here, why haven't the two even met?? Especially since Jean and the O5 are possibly being sent to their original time period? What a waste.

- So we are ALWAYS being teased by this-- Even in X-men TAS. Marvel always has the two kiss and get close, then after NOTHING. This has happened a few other times in the past. They only times their relationship was done justice was in the TAS & Ultimate universe. So why not 616?

- Let's be honest, Marvel missed the opportunity to have them both on the same team in uncanny avengers. That would have created better drama for the story. Are the two friends? rivals? frienemies? what?

4) Random, but shouldn't Polaris be in Uncanny Avengers with Alex and Wanda? Her series X-factor got cancelled, right? I think she could work in that title (UA).

5) Seriously, where is Lifeguard??? Apparently, she was apart of Cyclops's roster at Schism... then what??

1) It makes a lot of sense for Rachel to want to avoid her, and they already said they will meet eventually.

2) There isn't anything to address.

3) Captain Marvel and Rogue have been on friendly terms and fine with one another for a really long time now, so I'd assume Ms. Marvel doesn't have an issue.... especially considering in AvX she tried to convince Rogue to join with the Avengers against the Phoenix Five, and Rogue ended up saving her from Limbo.

4) If you read X-Factor you'd know she needs time away from Alex and doesn't want to jump into being a full fledged superhero again. She liked it at X-Factor because X-Factor isn't really a superhero team.

5) There are at least 20 missing X-Men characters who haven't lost their powers.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Just who, exactly, even made Lifeguard a member of the Street Team anyways ? What bs for never featuring her ONCE.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#8  Edited By time1

I think the problem with the writers is they don't address things probley. Its been a issue in comics for quite a long time now.

Take Jean Grey. She discover her future, which means she most of know about Scott and Emma. So why isn't she angry with them, she young teen. So she should be angry with them. Instead she rather be angry with young Scott. Why hasn't there be any real interactions with Young Jean and Scott and Emma. Apart from Emma allowing the cuckoo's to attack Jean Grey.

What about Red Skrull taking Charles Xavier brain, why doesn't the mutant community know about it. Why doesn't Storm, Kitty and Beast know about it. Why doesn't Magneto know about it, or Scott or Emma. Why does Rogue, sunfire, Havok and Logan only know about it. Wasn't it the newspaper. I think Legion knows about it.

Red SKrull did make attack one the Mutant race. So why isn't the X-Men doing something about it.

It's all about wasted opportunities.

Rachel and Jean Grey

Storm and Logan

Rogue and Ms Marvel

Another reason is cause, Marvel is dumb, they get a lot wrong.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@teerack said:

3) Captain Marvel and Rogue have been on friendly terms and fine with one another for a really long time now, so I'd assume Ms. Marvel doesn't have an issue.... especially considering in AvX she tried to convince Rogue to join with the Avengers against the Phoenix Five, and Rogue ended up saving her from Limbo.

4) If you read X-Factor you'd know she needs time away from Alex and doesn't want to jump into being a full fledged superhero again. She liked it at X-Factor because X-Factor isn't really a superhero team.

5) There are at least 20 missing X-Men characters who haven't lost their powers.

These are basically the points I was going to make, but also, most of the things you seem to think Marvel should address wouldn't really be that interesting to me. Actually, Rogue and Captain Marvel being on the same team would probably be pretty cool, but, overall, yeah, I don't feel like these are things the X-men books are missing.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

You should blame Marvel for hiring people like Bendis and Aaron.

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@teerack said:

@poisonfleur said:

1) It makes a lot of sense for Rachel to want to avoid her, and they already said they will meet eventually.

It seems to me that writers don't want to deviate from their planned stories by having their characters do the things mentioned above but at the same time do not want to have their characters mention them in passing as the fans will obviously want more, which, as I mentioned before, writers are reluctant to do so.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By papad1992

1. I really do not care about this meeting... It'd be nice to see it come to fruition, but it wouldn't hurt me if I didn't see it coming. But obviously it will happen.

2. I always loved Wolverine and Storm together... it was such an odd pairing that shouldn't happen, but that's what makes it desirable!

3. I always wanted a big b*tch fit to happen between the two, because Rogue almost killed her. But with SO much time having already passed, I think it'd be irrelevant now. But it'd be nice to see.

4. Polaris and Havok are spending some time away from each other. Havok didn't like being with a team and members of his past and wanted to move forward and become a hero, while Polaris liked being with the ones she's familiar with and wasn't too excited with being in the spotlight or being a hero amongst such great heroes. So they split-up for now, and it seems for the better as they're both doing well. Though I don't read Uncanny Avengers, has Wanda ever asked Havok if her half-sister is doing ok!?

5. And I'm a Lifeguard fan... so when solicits said she was going to be apart of a "street team" of X-Men with Boom Boom and Dazzler awhile back... I was excited. But little did we know that we would never see this team EVER! So I'm just waiting for her return. Like how Cecilia Reyes made a comeback into the X-Men's lives, I believe she will show up... eventually!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great feedback, everyone. Thanks. This answered most of my questions.

I am still pissed about Lifeguard and Storm and Wolverine.

Especially since Marvel told us Lifeguard would be back... LIES

(At least we have Sage...)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By papad1992

Just be glad we have Sage back... even though she's been back since the X-Termination crossover and we still haven't seen her, I'm sure she'll pop up somewhere soon enough, in Wood's X-Men series maybe!? Same goes for Lifeguard... how cool would it be to see her just pop up out of the blue. I mean, Wood's utilizing Omega Sentinel, who was though to be offline/dead, so my hopes are high for this new series. I'd also like to see some Hepzibah action!

And there's no room to build a relationship between Storm and Wolverine now. Too much is going on in the X-books currently.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By poisonfleur

@poisonfleur said:

Just be glad we have Sage back... even though she's been back since the X-Termination crossover and we still haven't seen her, I'm sure she'll pop up somewhere soon enough, in Wood's X-Men series maybe!? Same goes for Lifeguard... how cool would it be to see her just pop up out of the blue. I mean, Wood's utilizing Omega Sentinel, who was though to be offline/dead, so my hopes are high for this new series. I'd also like to see some Hepzibah action!

And there's no room to build a relationship between Storm and Wolverine now. Too much is going on in the X-books currently.

Don't give me that-- I feel like if X-force can build up a Psylocke lesbian love triangle subplot, then Wolverine and Storm's relationship should get SOMETHING. LOL I am not expecting an episode of one man's worth or anything dramatically crazy
    I kinda figured Wood would do something in x-men. But maybe it's best not because I know he is main man right now when it comes to Storm.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By papad1992

@papad1992 said:

@poisonfleur said:

Don't give me that-- I feel like if X-force can build up a Psylocke lesbian love triangle subplot, then Wolverine and Storm's relationship should get SOMETHING. LOL I am not expecting an episode of one man's worth or anything dramatically crazy

I kinda figured Wood would do something in x-men. But maybe it's best not because I know he is main man right now when it comes to Storm.

Just wait... something's bound to happen. And calm down, Psylocke's lesbian love triangle thing is only a phase! :P

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funnily enough. Jean and Rachel were both present in the scene showing everyone at the school when Logan announced the time capsule.

Marvel's uniqueness has always come from human relationships and how the characters exist in a shared universe. So, it sticks out when it when a character like Rachel Summers takes the name Grey & goes on for months about Jean BUT is not seen interacting with a very live Jean while they are clearly in each orher's presence. Plus, Rachel has experience living out of time.

As for Rogue/Ms. Marvel & Polaris, these issues have been properly addressed in other titles and storylines.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.