Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Why has not the Storm cartoon or solo movie?

andersonhoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jhazzroucher
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

be realistic here....the fact that Marvel is giving her yet another chance at a solo book is pretty amazing...you are never going to see a solo movie or animated series for Storm

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StarWatcher

I don't think we'll ever get X-men solo movies of anyone but the ALL MIGHTY WOLVERINE (<-sarcasm).

As for cartoons, I think they're done now...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Because Fox, and that's all the explanation we will ever need.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By poisonfleur

Let's see how Storm is portrayed by a new actress in Apocalypse first. As much as I would love a Storm solo film, I'd rather see a significant actress do her justice in a X-film first before we just crank out a Storm movie for the sake of 'because we can.'

And a Storm cartoon would be nice. Although I wouldn't mine a X-men cartoon where she is at her best and has enough screentime like in X-men TAS

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

Because Fox, and that's all the explanation we will ever need.

Yep, this is so much truth right here. I applaud you sir!

Let's see how Storm is portrayed by a new actress in Apocalypse first. As much as I would love a Storm solo film, I'd rather see a significant actress do her justice in a X-film first before we just crank out a Storm movie for the sake of 'because we can.'

And a Storm cartoon would be nice. Although I wouldn't mine a X-men cartoon where she is at her best and has enough screentime like in X-men TAS

Agreed poison. She'd better be bada$$

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: After hearing reports about all the changes they're making to the Fantastic Four (who they won't even call the Fantastic Four) it's pretty clear they don't care about us fans.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm isn't as popular as she was in the 90's.

Beata

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: After hearing reports about all the changes they're making to the Fantastic Four (who they won't even call the Fantastic Four) it's pretty clear they don't care about us fans.

Fox was essentially the first studio to take a chance on a big budget, tent pole, summer blockbuster comic book film. So, ideally, they probably did have the fans in mind.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

@cattlebattle said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Fox was essentially the first studio to take a chance on a big budget, tent pole, summer blockbuster comic book film. So, ideally, they probably did have the fans in mind.

When Fox first started this trend, it was ok because comic book movies weren't cool, and we were so happy just to see the characters on screen, we didn't care that the costumes were wrong, or if the characters acted different. But now we have Marvel making faithful adaptions, and Fox's disregard for source material dosen't fly anymore because we don't have to settle.

@captainmarvel4ever: they're going to run themselves into the ground eventually..

Some people predict this could kill comic book movies, that it could be the newt "Batman and Robin". *Sniffle* I love the Fantastic Four, I don't want this to happen.

No Caption Provided
    Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spidey_Jackson
    Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@spidey_jackson: well, then i'll be wrong to say i wouldn't be happy if it wasn't :3

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Fox first started this trend, it was ok because comic book movies weren't cool, and we were so happy just to see the characters on screen, we didn't care that the costumes were wrong, or if the characters acted different. But now we have Marvel making faithful adaptions, and Fox's disregard for source material dosen't fly anymore because we don't have to settle.

I wouldn't necessarily say they "disregard" the source material....especially on the heels of producing "Days of Future Past", which is one of the most famous story lines the X-Men have ever had. Which also ended with franchise retconning its own history.

It also should be known that "Fox" isn't some cruel entity that hovers around zapping movies with badness. The films are a collaborative process of writers, directors, set designers etc. I mean people usually blast X3 for being bad...which it was, but it had to secure its summer release date a year in advance and Bryan Singer dropped out halfway through...the later Matthew Vaughn dropped out. Its hard to really blame the film and did the most it could with what it had.

Marvel Studios isn't perfect either, they are notorious for pissing off actors and directors for altering their ideas to better fit within their restrictive "shared universe"

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: There we go. :#

Beata

Honestly, as much as i would LOVE a storm movie .. the special effects alone would burn through the money a lot faster.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will happen in the future

Avatar image for deactivated-57c7d84814d87
    deactivated-57c7d84814d87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: How do you know ?_? I think a storm animated movie would be the most likely with a focus on storm from child to adult and her times as queen and member / every now and then leader of x-men and yes wolverine and jean grey and others will appear in movie but it will be mostly focused on storm's life. A live movie would probably cost too much plus her weather powers effects can cost $ $ $ $ :/ .

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Trust me...

Wolverine is the only X-Man you are getting on cartoons and/or movies as a solo...

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Considering Cyclops/Jean Grey/Professor X/Magneto haven't even gotten one yet, it's unlikely...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: Sadly you my be right but i don't see him as a powerful person( healing and claws lol meow ) is not that interesting plus he always tries to go after magneto from movie to wolverine and the x-men and get's his butt handed to him -_- , he should know better. He can't attack from a distance,he can't fly,he can't shield someone,etc but i will agree he is bold,has a dark past,can kick " some " butt by himself depending on the enemy,can track one by smell,etc does make him pretty interesting to say the least. Polaris on the hand can attack from distances and storm can do the same,plus both can shield someone and fly. Storm has a inertresting past and the same goes for scarlet witch. I guess everyone likes what they like:).

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Gambit got one, who knows.

Beata

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

@starwatcher: you know what? I'm sick of the chizz. Youre all afraid of Logan!!! That's right all afraid of the almighty Wolverine!! ALMIGHTY WOLVERINE!!!!!

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: He makes money because they focus on him too much,characters like storm and scarlet witch could make marvel good money if marvel focused on them as heavily as they do wolverine but mtv lisa lee long was saying that marvel is looking to focus on other characters and teams in a few years :) . Wolverine will meow away into the past.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormweatherwitchgoddessqueenx: It's cause of Hugh Jackman...

Plus Halle Berry was in one female comicbook film and we all know how that went...

Do you think she wants to take a chance with another one???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: Hugh is a good actor and i think halle is going be replaced in upcoming movie as storm and rumor has it that storm in upcoming movie is going be kinda dark ^_^ . Even if storm never gets a solo movie animated or live,in a x-men movie which is about a team and not wolverine,storm should be given a fair amount of screen time. So we will see how she is shown in upcoming movie.

Storm is normally seen as a protective( x-men evolution,she tried to protect students and professor x ),powerful ( 90s x-men tv show).

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt its ever going to happen.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson said:

@malachi_munroe: There we go. :#

Beata

Honestly, as much as i would LOVE a storm movie .. the special effects alone would burn through the money a lot faster.

"INto The Storm" movie budget was only 50 million dollars.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Storm solo movie would happen sooner if the next x-men movie X-men Apocalypse will gross more than a billion dollars. And it won't just be a Storm solo movie, we could get more solo movies from other x-men characters as well as other x-team movies like X-factor, excalibur, generation x, etc.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think her traditional character concept would support a solo as well as some others. Personally, I find her character history to have too many kooky elements to be interesting to more than a niche audience. Would love a writer to get in there and revitalize the character - the Ultimate and AOA versions are pretty solid IMO.

But ultimately, I always see her as a member of an ensemble cast like most of the X-Men, and don't really think she rates a solo series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Her past has it's light and dark sides. A live movie could focus on her child hood and up to when she becomes a x-men and therefor known faces will appear in the movie which can help it make money.

Or they can do a animated movie plus i was reading that her weather powers gets limited in movies because it cost too much -_- , so i guess telekinesis is cheaper than weather effects -_- .

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormweatherwitchgoddessqueenx said:

@phoenixofthetides: Her past has it's light and dark sides. A live movie could focus on her child hood and up to when she becomes a x-men and therefor known faces will appear in the movie which can help it make money.

Or they can do a animated movie plus i was reading that her weather powers gets limited in movies because it cost too much -_- , so i guess telekinesis is cheaper than weather effects -_- .

I think her 616 childhood story sucks, and should just be streamlined. I loved Ultimate Storm because everything made sense, and there was nothing loony in there:

1. She was an African immigrant by way of Morocco
    2. Moved to New York then Texas
    3. Became a car thief in the U.S.
    4. Joined the X-Men.

It was a breath of fresh air to me because this was the American immigration story that is still recognizable today.

But the 616 version, with the mother from a random magical tribe marrying a photographer who were killed in Egypt leaving Ororo lying under rubble until she was found and inducted into a gang of child pickpockets, met Xavier, but flew off, became a "goddess", with a magical amulet, etc. is just so Silver Age and borderline in so many ways is just messy. That's not even getting into a Nordic Great Goddess "blessing" her ancestors with Nordic features. Whatever movie or solo project that results should avoid her 616 childhood like the plague unless it strips it down to more interesting details.

I think every fan of a B-tier character with a niche fan base, not just Storm fans, need to contact a writer and the comic book company offering to start a Kickstarter for a limited run series that would make you all happy. I'd love to see some quality stories result from a merger between crowdfunding and the current publishing industry. Not sure if that would work, since big publishers are so small-minded, but you never know.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because she's not worthy of one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Lol that was funny. "the 616 version, with the mother from a random magical tribe marrying a photographer who were killed in Egypt leaving Ororo lying under rubble until she was found and inducted into a gang of child pickpockets, met Xavier, but flew off, became a "goddess", with a magical amulet, etc. is just so Silver Age and borderline in so many ways is just messy."

Well i seen movies that had characters with weak or crazy past and the movie still did good which probably was because of action:)

Storm to some people have a interesting past plus she can get enemies that are only for the movie=action=$=marvel lazy bosses happy.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormweatherwitchgoddessqueenx: of course tk is cheaper....just wire a few objects to move. For Storm she needed a green screen in DOFP. In X-1 i think they used actual fans AND a green screen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: For Storm she needed a green screen in DOFP. In X-1 i think they used actual fans AND a green screen. ?_? So you are saying storm is a diva ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.