Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Why does everyone hate X-Men: The Last Stand?

• 147 results
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By cattlebattle

@macyordie said:

In other words, I imagine Brett Ratner doing this behind the camera:

No Caption Provided

Why do people always just shovel all the hate on the director without research??

Bret Ratner came to the project very late, after multiple directors had left. He just directed it...it wasn't his fault the production was rushed, he didn't write it, characters like Juggernaut being in it and being played by Vinnie Jones was Matthew Vaughns idea when he was directing....but Jones had to stay on and play the character after Vaughn left because the costume was finished and it was expensive. Hardly any of that is Ratners fault.

Just saying, give the guy a break.

macyordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By macyordie

@macyordie said:

In other words, I imagine Brett Ratner doing this behind the camera:

No Caption Provided

Why do people always just shovel all the hate on the director without research??

Bret Ratner came to the project very late, after multiple directors had left. He just directed it...it wasn't his fault the production was rushed, he didn't write it, characters like Juggernaut being in it and being played by Vinnie Jones was Matthew Vaughns idea when he was directing....but Jones had to stay on and play the character after Vaughn left because the costume was finished and it was expensive. Hardly any of that is Ratners fault.

Just saying, give the guy a break.

Just an on-going joke. Sorry.

I agree, directors get the brunt of the hate, even if it's not their fault.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I liked it. It certainly had some flaws but it wasn't as bad as everybody said it was.

This. I also felt it had somethings X1 & X2 could have needed

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I certainly thought it was worth watching because it made the end of Future Past more rewarding when you saw everyone who died in X3 come back to life. I thought Mags was a bit uncharacteristic when he let all his weaker mutants get hit with the cure before saying "That is why the pawns move first". Last I checked, you don't just throw away your pawns in chess, you use them with your stronger pieces to win. Lots of unlikely characteristics for all the characters but other than that it was ok.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, a mutant who had the power to drain OTHER MUTANT'S powers was able to stop Juggernaut. There is just so much wrong about that.

nicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The last stand is the worst of all fantastically bad x men films. All x men movies suck balls. Every single one. I swear. the first wolverine movie was doing ok until they tried to pass that thing off as deadpool forget that! then they tried to clean it up with days of future past. Now even that needs a to be cleaned up. cuz seriously I got lost trying to figure it out.I want the x men in the MCU im tired of Hugh Jackman and the x men.

cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then you have the strange re-writing of some of the characters, juggernaut made into a mutant & leech just looking like a bald kid not the yellow eyed green skinned mutant from the comics, I know CGI & prosthetics are a bother but if you are going to put a character in a film do it properly not just change on the fundamental aspects of the character. Also having him in a lab, Leech is a Morlock.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By butterflykyss

Wait a minute.... xmen had a movie I thought it had been the wolverine and the minions show all this time.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I liked it. It certainly had some flaws but it wasn't as bad as everybody said it was.

This^

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By HAWK2916

The movie was bad. People trying to act like it wasn't are fooling themselves. Its not necessarily the directors fault but more so whoever wrote the screenplay and story. The characters were off and the story was just not that good. Like someone Magneto was off. I didn't know if I was watching Jean Grey or Carrie. And that's just a few of the issues

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won an emmy nomination! The only people who hated it are the exhaustive perfectionists nerds.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@nicos: X1, X2, FC, and DOFP have better ratings than over half of the MCU films(7 out of 12). And it's too late to have mutants in the MCU anyway. They can never make the twins mutants given that the origins of their powers were shown.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: How can you say that when Logan only had a cameo in First Class and a supporting role in DOFP?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: That's not a good gauge to go by. Hell you can buy an emmy nomination.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@g-dude: That's not a good gauge to go by. Hell you can buy an emmy nomination.

Lol I just realized I read this wrong, I thought was this this was X-men: DOFP. I'm pretty sure you can't buy an emmy nomination though, a real official emmy nomination for the a movie that is. Anyways, X-men DOFP which I thought was the title of this was actually nominated an Oscar for visual effects.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: Yea DOFP was a decent movie as was 1st class. X3 was horrendous

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I think DOFP was one of the greatest Superhero films imo

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: Well the fact that it reset that b*llsh#t that was X3, certainly makes that point hard to argue

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By G-Dude

@hawk2916: It really didn't reset much, at the end of X3 credits there's a scene showing Charles telepathically entering the mind of his who was a brainless vegetable in a coma. I can see how it could be confusing though, especially for the people who didn't watch the last scene after the credits. However, there were a couple parts that did confuse me. First of all how was Jean and Scott still alive after Wolverine fixed the past, unless him going back in time stopped X3 scott's and Jean's death from ever happening. 2nd, why was Charles still in a wheel chair or needed it when he was in his twin's body, a supposedly good conditioned body. Lasty, how was Charles was still able to walk in the first flash back scene of X3 when they go to visit a young Jean, yet in X-men first class he becomes crippled earlier on.

nicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deviousbastard: Well im sure folks like Beyonce and Rhianna and Taylor Swift are rated much higher with the young folks of today than Soundgarden and Mudhoney yet id rather listen to the last 2 a thousand times over. Cuz ratings dont mean shit to me. Speaking of how all the x men films sucked was my point of veiw and i know many would disagree cuz for 1 the dam films made money even the worst of the lot. I dont care what the world thinks growing up reading comics in the 80s and 90s x men was awesome when the saturdaymourning cartoon came out there was nothing to beat that shit when the films hit i couldnt care less. and no its not too late to introduce mutants to the mcu with some good imagination and the power of the pen anythings possible. in fact i daresay introducing mutants to the mcu right now is less likely to be a continuity disaster as days of future past was. and yes the twins are hydras labrats but that doent mean that they cant be mutants. in the comics they were the high evolutionary's labrats and scarlet was a demons host and they were mutants complexd stuff happens sometimes

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like this one better than the first 2

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: DOFP happened later. So the events of X3 were erased. Or at least that is what I choose to believe. Its hard to erase such a bad movie though

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@g-dude: DOFP happened later. So the events of X3 were erased. Or at least that is what I choose to believe. Its hard to erase such a bad movie though

That's my guess, but not completely sure. I guess the world will never know. I didn't think it was that bad personally, what made it so bad for you?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#124  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@nickdmc: that's because they WERE the Morlocks. They signed up with Magneto

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because it's a mediocre movie directed by a talentless hack.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: The characterization was badly off. The way they did Jean Grey/Phoenix in making her Carrie 2.0. And of course there's Magneto and his actions. They tries to pull from so many different runs to make the movie and it was sloppy. And of course at the end of the day Wolverine has to save everything right? That's just scratching the surface of what was wrong with this movie

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@g-dude: The characterization was badly off. The way they did Jean Grey/Phoenix in making her Carrie 2.0. And of course there's Magneto and his actions. They tries to pull from so many different runs to make the movie and it was sloppy. And of course at the end of the day Wolverine has to save everything right? That's just scratching the surface of what was wrong with this movie

Oh okay I get you. You're saying it was too loosely based on the comics and more based on the movie itself. Well I'm just glad DOFP was there to save the day.

amoretpax199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They killed Cyclops...

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Wolverine fell to the ground...in tears...and Storm consoled HIM...I found a tomoato...squishy...and threw it as hard as I could at my television screen....yes, there was a mess, and I was the one who had to clean it up...but lord, did I feel vindicated

ThePeaceweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was...ok. I hate the whole wolverine and Jean thing. It was a clusterfuck. Jean was really annoying. Slaughtered clops.

Too much wolverine.

LastSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the action sequences were good out of the first 3 movies, however it was dumb to have characters like Angel, Psylocke, Iceman, etc and do absolutely nothing with them.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepeaceweapon: Wolverine...in the X-Movies....is the moster overrated mofo I've ever seen in a superhero flick. He can't fight, he gets lucky wins PURELY because you can't kill him, and all of his feral nature is gone. I hope he dies in his movie so that X-23 can take his place and be better than him for all of eternity

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea Wolverine in the movies and also in the comics is portrayed as a dumb brute. You would never guess that he had all this martial arts training. He just goes head first at everything solely relying on his healing factor. Its so stupid and goes against the official character description

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By GhostRider88

It wasn't a bad movie in that sense, I think you're misunderstanding peoples response. The actual movie itself was well-made. But if you're a comic fan (more specifically an X-Men fan), then you should be angry at the inconsistencies with the comics, inaccurate portrayal of the story & continuity problems. And if you dont know what I mean by "continuity problems", try watching them back-to-back, one after the other (from oldest to new), it doesnt work very well. But I personally have gotten used to that and I doubt they'll EVER do an X-Men movie that stays true to the comics. But I dont mean to give the wrong impression because I do try to make due and enjoy them as much as I can.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#135  Edited By Saint_Sophie

It's wasn't bad. One thing it made me realize though was how tall Famke Janssen is!

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it and thaught that there could be allot of potencial for great strories, but I hate that its so far from the actual comic book stories and that the power level are so low for the mutants... Plus the X-men was all about Wolverine and I love the character but they should've focussed more on other characters or showed off other characters like the Stephord Cuckoos who were just seen walking in the backround...

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1). Way too Wolverine Centric

2) Didn't give focus to characters you got introduced to in both the current movie and previous movies, such as Angel and Colossus

3). Turned Cyclops from a whiner into a dead whiner, when he was the love interest of Jean Grey, for the sake of Wolverine worship.

4). Threw out multiple subplots which were all written off shallow.

5) Motherload of stock characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved all of the X-Men movies, but this one I probably loved the least.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imjustlikeparker: I think the main reason comic fans say that they hate The Last Stand is because Wolverine effectively became Cyclops, which was detrimental to both characters.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Here's my small list of reasons:

• Tonally, it was different from X1 & X2
    • They tried to tell both The Cure and Dark Phoenix stories with an hour and a half runtime
    • They not only killed Cyclops, but did it OFF SCREEN
    • They killed Xavier
    • They reduced The Phoenix to Jean just standing there looking like a Zombie
    • Rogue didn't do squat and took the Cure
    • Angel didn't do squat
    • Ratner dropped the ball on a potential Colossus/Juggernaut fight
    • They would hint at compelling subject matter and just drop it, never to mention it again
    • Even though X2 was 70% Wolverine's story, X3 felt far more Wolverine Centric than that

I didn't think it was wholly bad. It's watchable and has good things in it (Kitty Pryde, Beast.) X2 set the stage perfectly for a great 3rd installment, but then things just went so far South. The more and more I hear about how X3 would've been and I see the concept art, I get a little sad.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it was awful.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to feel the same, I didn't hate it.

A couple of weeks ago I rewatched it, it's pretty obvious how bad it is.

It seems like Phoenix was a big deal, but when you think about it, really think about what she brings to the movie... she's irrelevant. She does nothing for the "plot" like literally, nothing. She kills Cyclops (ten minutes into the movie? Really? After completely giving him the shaft for the first two movies, you're just gonna kill him off now?) and then Xavier (why did he have to die? Was there a reason?) and other than that she does nothing. The entire Phoenix plot is: "Phoenix shows up, kills Cyclops, kills Xavier, joins Magneto, does nothing at all, get killed by Wolverine" If you took her out of the movie completely the only thing that would be different is two of the most popular X-Men characters would have had more screen time. She doesn't affect the Cure storyline at all.

Speaking of the Cure, is that the main plot of the movie? I mean, it clearly wasn't Phoenix, but... that means the main plot is "mutant cure is discovered, Rogue gets cured, Magneto tries to destroy the cure, the X-Men stop him" THAT'S NOT A PLOT it's barely even a subplot.

So if it wasn't Phoenix, and it wasn't the Cure... What the hell is the plot of this goddamn movie???

Also, Colossus is an X-Man in this movie. One of the main characters. He has one line of dialogue (not in a Russian accent by the way) and if I remember correctly, nobody ever actually calls him "Colossus" That's how undeveloped the characters in this movie are. One of the X-Men in a movie where the title starts with the word "X-Men" never even has his name said aloud. Not that you need to know his name, he does literally nothing in the whole movie, but y'know, it's always nice to know one of the main characters' names.

I think the whole movie can be pretty well summarised by the part where Juggernaut is ordered to keep Wolverine out of the Greys' houseand literally the first thing he doesis pick up Wolverine and literally throw him INTO the Greys' house

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#144  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@comicman24 said:

This^

How can a Storm fan agree with this? Halle Berry is a garbage Storm and has been since the 1st film.

smj-badc0ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By smj-badc0ck

I don't think it was terrible, I can understand that it was hectic, there was a lot going on at once and the less said about Juggernaut the better... but honestly it's not the worst X-Men film by a long way, and it's certainly a better telling of the Dark Phoenix saga than the new offering!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like it and think it was much better than dark Phoenix that just recently dropped.

MagneticStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: "I actually like it and think it was much better than dark Phoenix that just recently dropped." I'm glad y'all said it cause I was thinking it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like it because IMO it felt rushed.

DevilMayhem666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smj-badc0ck: It’s certainly not a better telling. Jean never once fights ANY of the X-Men in X3.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.