why did rogue and gambit break up again????

#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

i wasnt reading x-men when they broke up but i heard that gambit might have slept with mystique while mystigue looked like rogue

#2 Posted by Pyrogram (38243 posts) - - Show Bio

Beacuse of the writer, but seriously I actually forgot >.>

#3 Posted by GWHH (576 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

Why in all the comics. When a charcter sleeps with some WHO looks like, taken over a bod ofy, evil clone, same person from another planet, etc! That always cause that couple to break up!!

i wasnt reading x-men when they broke up but i heard that gambit might have slept with mystique while mystigue looked like rogue

#4 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Given what I just skimmed on his page, it appears he briefly lost his powers, subsequently was struck blind, and began lashing out at Rogue from the frustration. She began distancing herself, and after the events with Gambit becoming Death, then rejoining the Marauders, it was over.

#5 Posted by Avenger85 (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Marvel likes ruining relationships.

#6 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question.

And why is it that she hates the Scarlet Witch for what she's done to mutants, but loves Magneto, who was basically responsible for all the deaths on Genosha?

#7 Posted by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Gambit didn't want to date her when he was second place in her heart.

#8 Posted by SC (13106 posts) - - Show Bio

No no, Gambit slept with Wolverine while Wolverine was wearing a white and brown wig, and Rogue's pants. Rogue also attacked Iceman in the lunchroom unprovoked and burned his sandwich with Sunfires powers. This was too much for Professor X who demanded that they break up or else he would enforce the Xavier Protocols 2.0.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by Avenger85 (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: This being Marvel Comics, don't be surprised if your theory actually turns out to be the truth.

#10 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

"i wasnt reading x-men when they broke up but i heard that gambit might have slept with mystique while mystigue looked like rogue"

This was never proven to have or have not happened. The rift started back when Joseph was still on the X-Men and Rogue absorbed his memories of the mutant massacre. Ironic, actually, that she was furious with Magneto for forcing her to absorb them (what she called mental rape), and then sleeps with him later. Nice, Rogue. Nice.

In essence, they have been distant since then. Had some shared moments since, kissed, stayed together, but it was never repaired. Primarily because Rogue started being written away from him, which didn't exactly seem natural.

Then, he basically came to her and told her: look, I'm the home for you at the end of the road, not some rest stop when you're bored or tired. When you're ready, I'll be here.

Then did his own thing. What did Rogue do? Slept with Magneto.

#11 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

What I don't understand is how you could go from Remy freakin' Lebeau to an old dude. Sure, Marvel gives Eric a killer six pack, but I miss old school Romy.

#12 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're both better off without each other. My favourite Gambit stories are the ones without Rogue, and my favourite Rogue stories are the ones without Gambit. They both just have so much more going for them than the on-again-off-again melodrama that their relationship devolved into.

And I feel this way even more so about her and Magneto.

#13 Posted by Roguegirl24 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

If there are so many Gambit and Rogue together haters out there... why do people keep mentioning their relationship?

#14 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@ripcurl said:

Good question.

And why is it that she hates the Scarlet Witch for what she's done to mutants, but loves Magneto, who was basically responsible for all the deaths on Genosha?

Because Magneto isn't all acting all high and mighty like Wanda-- who hasn't even taken any responsibly for ANYTHING she has done. At least Magneto knows at the end of the day he is a bad guy.

#15 Posted by CTG (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roguegirl24: It's a huge component to both their characters - for better or worse.

I'm enjoying Gambit's solo book and really interested in how Asmus is going to have them interact in issues #10-12.

#16 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@ripcurl said:

Good question.

Because Magneto isn't all acting all high and mighty like Wanda-- who hasn't even taken any responsibly for ANYTHING she has done. At least Magneto knows at the end of the day he is a bad guy.

Why was Magneto responsible for the deaths in Genosha? Wasn't it Xavier twin sister that did that? :S

#17 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

No no, Gambit slept with Wolverine while Wolverine was wearing a white and brown wig, and Rogue's pants. Rogue also attacked Iceman in the lunchroom unprovoked and burned his sandwich with Sunfires powers. This was too much for Professor X who demanded that they break up or else he would enforce the Xavier Protocols 2.0.

Im going with your explanation! Its way more amusing than the actual reason is Im sure.

#18 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Because after someone has loved you for years, despite never being able to touch you, and has experienced great pain and almost Hell to try and keep you safe; you have to go off and bone a warmongering 60 year old when you can finally touch again. Just the classy thing to do.

#19 Posted by Hastny (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

You just made my day! lol

Stop this Wolverine/storm nonsense. I want some wolverine/Gambit dammit!

#20 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraBiel said:

Why was Magneto responsible for the deaths in Genosha? Wasn't it Xavier twin sister that did that? :S

yeah, she definitely was. I dunno what they're on about.

#21 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Marvel has no idea what to do with either character so they recycle the drama to keep the sheep interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.