Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

whose going to be the next x-men x-couple

• 72 results
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i thought it would be storm and wolverine but he died so i dont know......plus i guess marvel is against all marriage especially one for storm and logan

also i dont think old man logan and storm will get along, he probably now thinks hes really really too old for her lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol marriage is a joke in Marvel...I wouldn't even want a couple to get married because most writers only know how to write the beginning and end of a relationship.

That said....I'm feeling it's time for a Gambit Rogue resergence

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i remember after scott "died" by being merged with apocalypse.......the readers wanted another love like jean and scott and marvel said that rogue and gambit were getting close. then rogue and gambit took over as leaders of the x-men, i thought it was a bad move. its should have been storm and someone else(maybe cable or wolverine or jean).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Idk, Gambit and Rogue didn't really feel like leaders around that time....at least not effective ones. Nowadays I could believe it since they've both got alot more control and maturity then their younger less predictable days that they were in the midst of during the 90's.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Idk, Gambit and Rogue didn't really feel like leaders around that time....at least not effective ones. Nowadays I could believe it since they've both got alot more control and maturity then their younger less predictable days that they were in the midst of during the 90's.

true......damn magneto for breaking them up and mystique

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

So....back to the 90s again??

I honestly don't think there has been a more boring relationship, that was more a result of fan shipping than actual character progression and logic, than "Rogue-n-Remy".

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

So....back to the 90s again??

I honestly don't think there has been a more boring relationship, that was more a result of fan shipping than actual character progression and logic, than "Rogue-n-Remy".

better then mags and rogue ish that will give me nightmares

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't know. Since Marvel is so much against relationships, I don't know if it matters really. Gambit and Rogue would be fun but I kinda want Gambit and Sage. I actually want Frenzy and Cyclops too. I also want Rachel with someone. Also Jubilee. I just don't want the relationship stuff to be the focal point of an x-comic. I mean nowadays when we think of Jean we think of Phoenix and Cyclops. It should be more to her than that. Same with Emma for the last few years. She smart and a survivor and all other types of positive adjectives yet she's been regulated to arm candy

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, why?? Magneto is in the body of a young man and actually has a lot more in common with Rogue then Gambit has ever had (being reformed villains, hurting loved ones when powers manifested etc.). I am not advocating that relationship as I think that was another misconceived relationship by writers that followed other writers, but, I think it had more grounds and made more logical sense than Gambit and Rogue.

It also should be worth noting that in the early 90s, Rouge was still supposed to be a young woman, and when Gambit is introduced, I am pretty sure he is supposed to be an older man; perhaps mid 30s. Basically, the ages of the character depend on the perception of the writers, and if you go by the original portrayals of characters....Rogue has always been chasing or getting taken advantage of by older men.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I don't know. Since Marvel is so much against relationships, I don't know if it matters really. Gambit and Rogue would be fun but I kinda want Gambit and Sage. I actually want Frenzy and Cyclops too. I also want Rachel with someone. Also Jubilee. I just don't want the relationship stuff to be the focal point of an x-comic. I mean nowadays when we think of Jean we think of Phoenix and Cyclops. It should be more to her than that. Same with Emma for the last few years. She smart and a survivor and all other types of positive adjectives yet she's been regulated to arm candy

totally for gambit and sage.....dont know about frenzy and cyclops, what about cyclops and eva bell she is an adult now thanks to time travel. lol at emma being arm candy but what can u do, sex sells and that what all comics/books/magazines/internet/movies/ty does

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

lol, why?? Magneto is in the body of a young man and actually has a lot more in common with Rogue then Gambit has ever had (being reformed villains, hurting loved ones when powers manifested etc.). I am not advocating that relationship as I think that was another misconceived relationship by writers that followed other writers, but, I think it had more grounds and made more logical sense than Gambit and Rogue.

It also should be worth noting that in the early 90s, Rouge was still supposed to be a young woman, and when Gambit is introduced, I am pretty sure he is supposed to be an older man; perhaps mid 30s. Basically, the ages of the character depend on the perception of the writers, and if you go by the original portrayals of characters....Rogue has always been chasing or getting taken advantage of by older men.

when rogue joined uncanny avengers i was hoping for havok and rogue or rogue and a avenger(not ironman)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: In my opinion it was more of a slight towards Magneto. Dirty old man perception you know. Sort of what was going on with Xavier. Let's just make him trashy right.... Nah no thank you

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Sex sells sure but there was no need to reduce the character that way. Cyclops and Eva... Hell No!!! Do you hate Cyclops or something. Eva was a kid. And really what would be so wrong with Cyclops staying in his own age group or at least the relationnships with his contemporaries. We definitely don't need a repeat of the wierdness that was Madrox and Layla. I mean what next should he go bang teenie Jeanie.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Sex sells sure but there was no need to reduce the character that way. Cyclops and Eva... Hell No!!! Do you hate Cyclops or something. Eva was a kid. And really what would be so wrong with Cyclops staying in his own age group or at least the relationnships with his contemporaries. We definitely don't need a repeat of the wierdness that was Madrox and Layla. I mean what next should he go bang teenie Jeanie.

no but eva is a adult now she had a kid and boyfriend who are lost in time

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@cattlebattle: In my opinion it was more of a slight towards Magneto. Dirty old man perception you know. Sort of what was going on with Xavier. Let's just make him trashy right.... Nah no thank you

I think I just wrote this recently in another thread but, the reason Rogue and Magneto became a thing was because Jim Lee really loved Magneto and drew him like a young, sex god and Rogue was a hot character at the time, so he likely wanted to place them together, despite logic. Their relationship is based off the attraction they had during the story arc where the two were in the Savage Land, that was right around the point Claremont lost control of the series to Lee and Harras.....so, I would blame Lee for it. It's also worth noting that Magneto and Rogue just kind of have a common ground and subtle flirtation in that story...at no point to they seem like star crossed lovers....that is something that gets fueled by the Age of Apocalypse and the nonsense with Joseph during the mid to late 90s.

As for Xavier...I have no idea what the purpose for having become a pedophile was....but yeah, kind of ruins his character in a lot of peoples eyes.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Rachel has someone. But really i count her among the characters that need more development independently then in a pair. Like who is Rachel?

@cattlebattle I'm actually more for it because I think it can actually have something done with it nowadays. I mean I hat

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: @koays:now that i think about it......avengers doesnt really have a front couple on there team, they had the scarlett witch and vision but that didnt last.....they need a couple up and front in the avengers. gotg has one now in kitty and starlord and well FF will always have one in susan and reed. spiderman needs a girl i dont know if hes seeing someone? wow marvel is against couples/marriage.

ps i think i just made the x-boards number one in wiki forum.....lol yay!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Bring domino and colossus back

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

Bring domino and colossus back

are they over? i saw them together in SW inferno but that really doesnt count

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not officially but who knows after SW

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: You can't possibly really want that. Its completely ridiculous. And the time travel aging crap is really something should just be forgotten. If Eva must stay around then let her be with one of her peers not her teacher. Geez why do people just insist on the weird.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Pryde and Star-Lord.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You all mentioned Sage and Gambit but I wonder................was Sage and Gambit a couple back in the day? I read New X-Men and I thought I sensed Chemistry between them. So were they secretly a couple/dating? Or they were just partners(as in working together)?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey: They werent even in New X men, they were in ultimate X men together but so was rogue and like Gambit and Rogue retired together on a farm it was pretty big rogue gambit love story in the midst of everything else

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: You can't possibly really want that. Its completely ridiculous. And the time travel aging crap is really something should just be forgotten. If Eva must stay around then let her be with one of her peers not her teacher. Geez why do people just insist on the weird.

Preach!

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@ultimatekey: They werent even in New X men, they were in ultimate X men together but so was rogue and like Gambit and Rogue retired together on a farm it was pretty big rogue gambit love story in the midst of everything else

@hawk2916 said:

Preach!

OMG, I meant Bishop. Sage and BISHOP. I wondered if there was Chemistry between them.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HAWK2916

@ultimatekey: I thought they were just partners more so and not anything romantic. The time I can recall Bishop being with anybody was when he was into Deathbird

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Materiel

There really shouldn't be one until the T-Mist stuff calms down. What time, realistically (I recognize the irony), is there for two people to form and nurture a relationship when the mutant world is effectively on fire? I'd expect them to be bouncing from one hot spot to another, fighting and rescuing. Their downtime should be devoted to rest and game planning. The aftermath, through loss and mutual hardship seems like an effective way for a writer to form a relationship organically rather than having some sort of editorial arranged marriage between two characters that look like they'd mesh well together naked.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: yea I think it was respect not sexual attraction

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@materiel: agreed. But as you know these days even in the world of novels....if the world is ending people are taking the last hours to snuggle in bed or go to Vegas or some other chapel and getting marries. Its stupid but that's what writers are doing. It seems that everyone feels that in order to write a good story you have to include certain elements like romance, the token minority, the smart guy, the bitch, the teen who's got an attitude, and secret organizations who hide the truth and need to be exposed. Sad that every story seems to read the same way these days. I guess creativity is just gone now and they can't even be good at telling mediocre stories

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I don't know about lack of creativity as you can find many of these authors putting together some fairly entertaining work on creator-owned titles. Working with characters that are not your own and looking over your shoulder with an editor who in turn has a corporation looking over their shoulder can maybe feel like you're trapped in a box. I would agree that all work (film, television show, book and otherwise) appears to be going in circles as far as themes and character archetypes. I'd like to see a writer afforded a healthy bit of slack, but you run the risk of some pretty awful things happening with that. I think the best you can hope for is a solid 4-6 issue arc, anything more is pushing it. Hey, I'm still hoping for Scott to finally get full control of his powers and only use the visor to temper the blasts.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@materiel: Not a bad development for him certainly.

I think the problem is editorial. I agree about some of the creator owned stuff but honestly if you screw the xmen or other main stream comics that I read do you really think I would buy anything with your name on it especially when you can do whatever you want?? I just think editorial should set up some mandates, respect continuity, and thennget out of the way. On some of the novels I've had a share in editing or whatever the most successful ones are when you have a idea person, the storyteller who works with them to put it together and the editor making sure it all makes sense. Also a test group who read with questions in mind that should be answered. I've said before that someone like Bendis is a good idea guy but when it comes to story and its elements he fails miserably. Simply writing for shock value is like watching a movie with no plot but a bunch of explosions. In all honesty I think the comic industry needs a major overhaul in delivery and just how they do things in general. Its been running the same forever and just like the newspaper industry its sort of a dinosaur. The big two could incorporate or at least learn from some of the elements the smaller creator based companies use

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I think I'd agree on editorial. The problem isn't just writing for shock value, it's constant renumbering and probably a bevy of other things I can't readily pull out of my head to share at the moment. Plucking from another medium, I know people who are frustrated with the annual rehash in gaming. You get one title, it works, it plays well and you have to buy into the next one the following year to stay relevant. Marvel and volumes are getting shorter and shorter to the point where it feels like within five years we're going to have January being called #1 month. May will be the prelude to the summer event. Fall we be a second arc and the winter will lead into the relaunch.

As to an overhaul of the industry.. I can only hope. I wish a writer could just put something together and everyone gets out of the way, but how long will one of those hopeful, golden runs actually last before a crossover event smacks it in the face? Not everyone loved X-Factor and I jumped onto it late, but when I did I loved it.. right up until Axis shoved its way into the conversation. The X-Men franchise itself is somewhat to blame for this, though not through any fault of its own. It's popular. It's iconic. Are you really going to have a company wide crossover and not include the X-Men? If a writer does ignore it for the sake of his story I think you get drastically divergent opinions. Story or continuity? DC seems to be trending along the lines of screw the continuity, enjoy this great Batman story or this fantastic Wonder Woman arc.

Sidebar, I feel like I'm rambling now.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could have sworn there was an issue where Rogue and Bishop were attracted to each other or Rogue kissed him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mcklayn: Yes! Domino and Colossus are a fun couple. Also, Boberine needs to be canon.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could have sworn there was an issue where Rogue and Bishop were attracted to each other or Rogue kissed him.

in xtreme x-men but that was just to show him that she can touch people now without hurting them

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@mcklayn: Yes! Domino and Colossus are a fun couple. Also, Boberine needs to be canon.

Oh Boberine, Im there thats the new power couple.

Iceman + Old Man logan BOBERINE will dominate the X men titles!

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Darkpesmerga10

Jean + 3 step ford cuckoos :)

@hopesummersforthefuture Yeah but didn't Tempus threaten to erase cyclops from existence last time they talked, don't see them together anytime soon.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @sprior93 said:

Oh Boberine, Im there thats the new power couple.

Iceman + Old Man logan BOBERINE will dominate the X men titles!

lol old man logan yet gay but didnt they have another wolverine out there who was gay with herc.......

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tean jean and old man logan

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@materiel: This is where editorial comes in especially with the example you used of the events. Editorial or the company should only cone up with line wide events only every two years, if then. Just like 10-15 xmen books waters down the product so do all these events Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall. But that's what events are about and all the solicits try to get us to believe that every single issue is changing things forever. Again its all cheap shock value.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh give me Rogneto over stale and tired Romy any day. Why would anyone want this STILL to happen is beyond me. I always thought that Mags and Rogue had potential for some very explosive and messed up drama that was never realized, and since Carey mishandled that and whatever the reasons were they broke up I'm fine with letting it go albeit the unrealized potential and part of me still wanting to see the near psychotic passion on panel. But Gambit and Rogue? What is even there to look at? Two hot individuals? Duh, in comics they're all hot, so what is that emotional appeal that so many X-fans get and I don't?

Now, if Bunn with his apparent love for Singerverse will try to make Erik and Raven happen, that will be a problem! lmao

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a relationship needs all kinds of drama and chaos to be interesting now?? Man reality TV has really fukked things up!! Let's just have Mags at the Playboy mansion in a robe with false teeth surrounded by mutant playmates and Rogue leading the pack...SMH, just weird. Maybe next Mags can go bang Wanda since she's not his kid. That would be OK too right

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

So a relationship needs all kinds of drama and chaos to be interesting now?? Man reality TV has really fukked things up!! Let's just have Mags at the Playboy mansion in a robe with false teeth surrounded by mutant playmates and Rogue leading the pack...SMH, just weird. Maybe next Mags can go bang Wanda since she's not his kid. That would be OK too right

Lmao That actually sounded like a pretty cool House of M book right until I got to the "SMH"

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By adamTRMM

What makes an interesting relationship isn't a category it falls under, but some unexplainable element of magic or chemistry if you wish, that transcends both characters the second it activates. I don't know how else to explain that. That element existed between Rogue and Mags, between X-23 and Hellion, or back to the classics, between Emma and Scott, at times it even did for Scott and Jean and Havok and Lorna, but just like Romy the last two didn't age well and became dead-end.

Not only I was never a fan of reality TV, I never even watched a single episode of that crap, the mainstream softcore "crazy" isn't the crazy I tend to like meh :P

BTW, incestuous tensions within the Magnus "unfamily" isn't ungrounded to speculate about I must painfully admit, one might argue that since Millar's initial Ultimate-verse had incarnations of all classic character archetypes taken to the extreme, it's no wonder why QS/SW thing was introduced. Seriously, the appreciator of thought-provoking art in me considers it a quality move lol

Wanda and Magneto though? Maybe if the two were really overtaken by their deep inside still existing madness under overwhelming pressure at a time. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense or anyone wants to convince me otherwise? I'm willing to hear it out.

Crazy for the crazy isn't my thing. Like I said, don't forget the enigmatic element. ;)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im just kinda tired of emma and scott or wolverine and storm

SunsetGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SunsetGold

I really loved Gambit and Polaris together, and Wolverine and Storm but that's been for a while now. Pyro and Rogue would have been really great if it was explored further. For pairings that haven't happened yet, I'd like to see Gambit with Kitty and Rogue with Angel. And hopefully Marvel will do these couples justice, unlike Fox messing up Wolverine and Jean and shoving in Iceman and Rogue.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit and Monet

Nightcrawler and Rachel

Mystique and Karma

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.