Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who's your favorite generation of X-Men?

• 52 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Who was your favorite generation of the X-Men?

Original 5: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Angel and Iceman

2nd Generation: Wolverine, Colossus, Shadowcat, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Sunfire, and Storm

Generation X - Husk, Skin, Angeles, M, Jubilee, Chamber, Synch, Mondo, Penance

New X-Men - Pixie, Elixir, Surge, Prodigy, Icarus, Hellion, Dust, Mercury, Rockslide, Anole, etc.

New Mutants - Magik, Sunspot, Karma, Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Wolfsbane

There's more but I can't think of anymore right now, so feel free to add your favorite generation.

My favorite generation is the second generation because I love Wolverine, Colossus, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler and Storm and the relationships between them was brilliantly done.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

From those options, the first, because Cyclops is better than every character of every other generation combined lol  

But otherwise, I like the early 2000s generation, from New X-Men to Astonishing. 

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Rabbitearsblog: why you never mentioned the last generation, New X-Men?
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Kairan1979: Going to put that up right now.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By krilling

The secound generation suited me best. I liked the idea of a multi-cultural superhero team. I didn't remember if there were other of those teams at that time (except for the Super Friends featuring Apache etc).

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@krilling said:

The secound generation suited me best. I liked the idea of a multi-cultural superhero team. I didn't remember if there were other of those teams at that time (except for the Super Friends featuring Apache etc).

Yeah, that's what I loved so much about the second generation X-Men was that it had many diverse characters and I always love reading about diverse characters.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

David, Sofia and Laurie AKA The New X-Men FTW.

stambo42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stambo42

Though I haven't read much Gen X, I think they represent a much wider range of diversity than an African woman, a Japanese man who only sticks around for a handful of issues, and a bunch of white people with different accents. Also, Gen X's powers tended to be more disfiguring, which is important I think.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By AgeofHurricane

^ Um..-_-

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KainScion

the one with wolverine and t-bird.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @AgeofHurricane said:

^ Um..-_-

yea hmmm... 

anyway I'll go with 2nd gen and New X-Men
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@spiderbat87 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

^ Um..-_-

yea hmmm... anyway I'll go with 2nd gen and New X-Men

Second Generation is awesome!!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    From those options, the first, because Cyclops is better than every character of every other generation combined lol   But otherwise, I like the early 2000s generation, from New X-Men to Astonishing. 
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceIMC

Nobody is mentioning the New Mutants: Karma, Cannonball, Moonstar, Wolfsbane and Sunspot.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@PrinceIMC said:

Nobody is mentioning the New Mutants: Karma, Cannonball, Moonstar, Wolfsbane and Sunspot.

Adding.

Ahmed Sherif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Ahmed Sherif

Second Generation and New X-Men definitely

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Ahmed Sherif said:

Second Generation and New X-Men definitely

I've always found the New X-Men to be really interesting.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chiq

Second gen for me. Followed by new x-men and new mutants( just cause of Magik)

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Definitely the 90's generation (what got me into reading comics).

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast (before he became feline), Archangel, Wolverine, Storm, Gambit (the best comic book character to come out of the 90's), Rogue and Psylocke. Plus, Xavier was pimpin out in his hover chair.

I'm quite surprised Marvel hasn't resurrected Banshee yet. Most of the time I forget that Sunfire was even an X-man, seeing how short his tenure was and his most recent appearance (not counting AoA encounter) as one of Sinister's Marauders.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast (before he became feline), Archangel, Wolverine, Storm, Gambit (the best comic book character to come out of the 90's), Rogue and Psylocke. Plus, Xavier was pimpin out in his hover chair.

I'm quite surprised Marvel hasn't resurrected Banshee yet. Most of the time I forget that Sunfire was even an X-man, seeing how short his tenure was and his most recent appearance (not counting AoA encounter) as one of Sinister's Marauders.

I wondered about Banshee too. I wish they would bring him back.

shol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By shol

A combination of the original five and the second generation. The New Mutants are great as well. I have no opinion on Generation X and frankly, I couldn't care less about the New X-Men.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By papad1992

I can't decide... each generation brought something new and different to the X-Men's history!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@papad1992 said:

I can't decide... each generation brought something new and different to the X-Men's history!!

I agree! All of the generations were unique in their own ways!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

I mean am I right? The original team set the basis and the beginning for the X-Men and the entire mutant population, the 2nd generation gave a more international taste to the original and brought new readers of all kinds, the new mutants generation brought a younger and fresher feel to the grown-up X-Men, The generation X group brought a school atmosphere to the crazy and chaotic mutant lifestyle, and the New X-Men students brought an edgier teenage modern relatable drama and made the earlier members of the X-Men teachers and guardians! So yeah, all the generations are important and I really couldn't choose one because they each brought something new to keep up with the ever-evolving taste of OUR younger generation!!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

I mean am I right? The original team set the basis and the beginning for the X-Men and the entire mutant population, the 2nd generation gave a more international taste to the original and brought new readers of all kinds, the new mutants generation brought a younger and fresher feel to the grown-up X-Men, The generation X group brought a school atmosphere to the crazy and chaotic mutant lifestyle, and the New X-Men students brought an edgier teenage modern relatable drama and made the earlier members of the X-Men teachers and guardians! So yeah, all the generations are important and I really couldn't choose one because they each brought something new to keep up with the ever-evolving taste of OUR younger generation!!!

Yeah! I just loved the way that all the generations were diverse and brought something new to the X-Men universe!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

Yeah! I just loved the way that all the generations were diverse and brought something new to the X-Men universe!

Correct... Man it feels good to be understood!!

*opens door and yells "U here that parents... someone does understand me!!" closes door and feels satisfied*

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

*opens door and yells "U here that parents... someone does understand me!!" closes door and feels satisfied*

LOL! I'm happy for the both of us! :D

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

LOL! I'm happy for the both of us! :D

Well me too...

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

bump.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By unicornpuncher

I think everyone is always going to love the team that got them into comics. Personally, I always consider the original blue and gold teams classic, but also loved the Xmen legacy team that had lady mastermind, sabretooth, mystique and cable.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By moywar700

alot of people would say second generation

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By soccersss

@yumyumbubblegum said:

This. The 90s generation really got me into Marvel.Everyone in that x-men team from Cyclops to Psylocke were all interesting characters. Back then Gambit was the best character in Marvel and Xavier chair was awesome.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I liked the second generation the best

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jhazzroucher

2nd generation: Storm and Wolverine have flourished the most. Colossus, Shadowcat and Nightcrawler are still going strong.

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Iron_Lad

3rd Generation - New Mutants

Because it's the team that I grew up with. I think out of all of the X-Men teams, this team is the most tight-knit and closest team that actually treats each other like family. I like how they're so devoted to each other and that they've stayed that way over the years.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By chalkshark

The original team. The concept was fresh & still had that "new comic smell". It wasn't weighed down by all the angst that defined, not just the X-Men as characters, but the entire world in it's relation & regard to mutants. The original X-Men had fun, in between taking down Magneto, the Sentinels, Juggernaut, & The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. There was a great character dynamic between Beast & Ice Man, & the original team always came across as the best of friends. Sure, there were rivalries & disagreements, but at the end of the day, they were all still pals. They grew up together, just as the readers did with their friends. It was a real bittersweet moment when that first team moved out into the world, to establish themselves as individuals, & not just X-Men.  

All that said, Banshee was always my favorite X-Man, so it was hard not to pick the second team.

ramj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ramj

new mutants

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to go with the New X-Men (Elixir, Pixie, Hellion etc..)

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nightcrawler23

The 90s was great. You know, the cover of Chris Claremont's "X-men". That was cool. Gambit, Psylocke, Wolverine, Jean, Scott, Warren, Kurt, Rogue, and Colossus. The cool kids at school. I also liked the original Ultimate x-men, as well as the "Magnetic North" roster. Most UXM arcs were great. Mark Millar is a genius. Banshee's been dead soooo long. Almost forgot about him. All that remains is this marvel legends figure. UXM had the best rosters, except for the 90s teams. I like it when it's 8-13 people in the school and Xavier as headmaster. I became more detatched as more people enlisted in the academy. It took DECIMATION to get me interested again.

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By Tigerstriper

@Rabbitearsblog: For me, the X-Men really began to hit it's stride with the second generation. Nothing gets my motor running like some X-Men from the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Tigerstriper said:

@Rabbitearsblog: For me, the X-Men really began to hit it's stride with the second generation. Nothing gets my motor running like some X-Men from the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

Me too! I think that the second generation X-Men was the best!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BatteredArmor

Original 5 easy

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By monarch2016

@yumyumbubblegum said:

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By the_tree

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

From those options, the first, because Cyclops is better than every character of every other generation combined lol But otherwise, I like the early 2000s generation, from New X-Men to Astonishing.

I agree with this. But I'll also throw in that I really liked the 90's X-Men team.

No Caption Provided
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By GREGalicious

GENERATION X definitely.

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ouija
    X-Force
    X-Force
    Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Typhenstein

Wolverine and Beast are the best X-men's ever!! :D

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By GC8

The 2nd Generation was pretty much perfection. The X-Men have never been that good before or since.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@etragedy said:

The 2nd Generation was pretty much perfection. The X-Men have never been that good before or since.

Agreed.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Soulstealer

@Nightcrawler23 said:

The 90s was great. You know, the cover of Chris Claremont's "X-men". That was cool. Gambit, Psylocke, Wolverine, Jean, Scott, Warren, Kurt, Rogue, and Colossus. The cool kids at school. I also liked the original Ultimate x-men, as well as the "Magnetic North" roster. Most UXM arcs were great. Mark Millar is a genius. Banshee's been dead soooo long. Almost forgot about him. All that remains is this marvel legends figure. UXM had the best rosters, except for the 90s teams. I like it when it's 8-13 people in the school and Xavier as headmaster. I became more detatched as more people enlisted in the academy. It took DECIMATION to get me interested again.

I think I like Banshee dead myself, it makes Siryn more edgy in my opinion and her trying to first not accept his death and then uphold his legacy seems to have developed her character alot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.