Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who's The Next Hyped Character...

lovelyamy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lovelyamy

OK so I was just thinking about something that is quite similar. As we all know AvX is almost here. It ties into Hope and Scarlet Witch. Now it made me think about how marvel hype some characters up for story lines. Here are some ideas just to name a few.

Jean Grey - To my understanding she was the first thought out character with a great story that had lasting effects.

Scarlet Witch - have played a big role in molding marvel stories for nearly a decade.

Hope Summers - Is looked upon and hyped a lot (although shes a brat).

Have you guys ever noticed it is always the female characters with the most ultimate hype? Now I know I have missed a few (and sure there were and are some men hyped characters) but my point is who do you guys think can stand to be contenders for marvel's next big character. Although we have seen some big characters with stunning moments but who would have that global/universal threatening meltdown that will need to be stopped. I don't want to come off as being a fan girl but I wouldn't mind seeing Storm. With the Rogue-storm story that hasn't been developed since the 80's, I think marvel could spring up something clever (hopefully) or with her being 1/3 of potential top magic user. What lies ahead with that title? Or we can consider Psylocke with the new power up and other world story arc she have recently been on the rise in popularity. Bobby Drake - Iceman and Kid Omega have both been growing consistently now. I'm just mentioning a few good characters. It does not have to be a huge marvel event it could be a small arc. I just would like to hear some ideas. Another cool aspect would be unnoticed characters like Armor, Monet, Pixie, Rockslide, etc.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

That guy called "Wolverine" seems like he has potential  :)

taqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By taqs

I hope Dust gets more attention on the Utopia side. There is a reason she stayed behind I would love to know why. At the end of Young X-Men she was very powerful with the Phoenix Force it would be interesting to delve into her.

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By aerokinesis

@taqs said:

I hope Dust gets more attention on the Utopia side. There is a reason she stayed behind I would love to know why. At the end of Young X-Men she was very powerful with the Phoenix Force it would be interesting to delve into her.

THIS

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

@aerokinesis said:

@taqs said:

THIS

THIS TOO

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

That guy called "Wolverine" seems like he has potential :)

Wow... no sarcasm here!! :P

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I have a bad feeling it's going to be Kid Omega aka Quentin Quire

- I understand the love for Morrisons run but I do not get his appeal and there are dozens of other characters more deserving IMO

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Purgy

Nevered liked Kid Omega. And i don't see why they keep him around.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Blood1991

@lovelyamy: Storm has been seeing a push and I don't think it is coincidence especially with a big X-Men/Avengers crossover coming up next month "crossing my fingers for more". As for Rogue and Storm I would love to see their teams face off or meet during a mission and Storm and Rouge really have a heart to heart or fist for lightning bolt.

The up comming event will either kill Hope, bring back Jean or both I also don't count out a Phoenix force Wanda mix as the "big" badguy that brings everyone together. Even though I loath Bendis and Fraction I'm hyped about this event.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By jrock85

It'll probably be someone who doesn't really generate a lot of interest.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Purgy

Isn't that what it have always been with giving huge hypes to those characters. I would like it to be Gambit.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jubilee042

@papad1992 said:

@aerokinesis said:

@taqs said:

THIS

THIS TOO

when did dust get the phoenix force i remeber she was cured by tatto using a phoenix tattoo

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mercy_

Probably gonna be Quire, unfortunately. He was a focal point of Schism, is getting a lot of panel time in WATXM and is co-starring in the Alpha and Omega mini with Wolverine.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Billy Batson

Quire :D
    BB

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    Quentin Quire.
    Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Saren

Kid Omega is pseudo- britpunk awesomeness.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By SoA

kid omega has a link to the phoenix force i forget if it was a what if or a alternate reality but he does end up becoming the new vessel fo the phoenix force

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mercy_
    @CitizenBane

Kid Omega is pseudo- britpunk awesomeness.

Baney...why must you break my heart?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercy_
    @SoA It's Here Comes Tomorrow and it's an alternate future.
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By SoA

@The Dark Huntress: thanks!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Blood1991 said:

@lovelyamy: Storm has been seeing a push and I don't think it is coincidence especially with a big X-Men/Avengers crossover coming up next month "crossing my fingers for more". As for Rogue and Storm I would love to see their teams face off or meet during a mission and Storm and Rouge really have a heart to heart or fist for lightning bolt.

The up comming event will either kill Hope, bring back Jean or both I also don't count out a Phoenix force Wanda mix as the "big" badguy that brings everyone together. Even though I loath Bendis and Fraction I'm hyped about this event.

I'd love that, unfortunately the Security Recon Team wont be featured during AvX as Gischler never got invited to the AvX meeting.(LOL)

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Kairan1979

I think maybe they are going to upgrade Wiccan into more skilled magician, since there are problems with potential Sorcerer Supreme, and Doc Strange looks like he has problems pulling his weight since Eye of Agamotto problem.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Blood1991

@AgeofHurricane: Lol I can dream can't I? Besides it may not happen during this event but it could happen in the future though I bet the teams will be all switched up again after this event XD

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thunderscream

I would love for Dani Moonstar to get her own series with Wolfsbane as her sidekick. It'd be like DC's Arak from the 80s and I think with the right creative team it could be a winnah :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jhazzroucher

@lovelyamy said:

OK so I was just thinking about something that is quite similar. As we all know AvX is almost here. It ties into Hope and Scarlet Witch. Now it made me think about how marvel hype some characters up for story lines. Here are some ideas just to name a few.

Jean Grey - To my understanding she was the first thought out character with a great story that had lasting effects.

Scarlet Witch - have played a big role in molding marvel stories for nearly a decade.

Hope Summers - Is looked upon and hyped a lot (although shes a brat).

Have you guys ever noticed it is always the female characters with the most ultimate hype? Now I know I have missed a few (and sure there were and are some men hyped characters) but my point is who do you guys think can stand to be contenders for marvel's next big character. Although we have seen some big characters with stunning moments but who would have that global/universal threatening meltdown that will need to be stopped. I don't want to come off as being a fan girl but I wouldn't mind seeing Storm. With the Rogue-storm story that hasn't been developed since the 80's, I think marvel could spring up something clever (hopefully) or with her being 1/3 of potential top magic user. What lies ahead with that title? Or we can consider Psylocke with the new power up and other world story arc she have recently been on the rise in popularity. Bobby Drake - Iceman and Kid Omega have both been growing consistently now. I'm just mentioning a few good characters. It does not have to be a huge marvel event it could be a small arc. I just would like to hear some ideas. Another cool aspect would be unnoticed characters like Armor, Monet, Pixie, Rockslide, etc.

So true. Rogue Storm marvel crossover event would be awesome

taqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By taqs

@jubilee042 said:

@papad1992 said:

@aerokinesis said:

@taqs said:

THIS

THIS TOO

when did dust get the phoenix force i remeber she was cured by tatto using a phoenix tattoo

She didn't technically because it came from the tatoo but it did give her a huge power boost

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Blood1991 said:

I'd love that, unfortunately the Security Recon Team wont be featured during AvX as Gischler never got invited to the AvX meeting.(LOL)

I think the Security Recon Team is not included to give more stories between ReGenesis and AvX. I'm sure each character will be included somewhere in the fighting.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @taqs said:

@jubilee042 said:

@papad1992 said:

@aerokinesis said:

@taqs said:

THIS

THIS TOO

She didn't technically because it came from the tatoo but it did give her a huge power boost

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Blood1991 said:

I think the Security Recon Team is not included to give more stories between ReGenesis and AvX. I'm sure each character will be included somewhere in the fighting.

Yeah, Storm, Psylocke and Colossus will as they're maing characters. Marvel kind of already stated that Jubilee wont be featured/included due to the events of Open Contract, not sure about Domino and Warpath, though. (even though Warpath is on one of the covers, i think #1)
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By poisonfleur

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Your watching Josie and the Pussycats. Up next Wolverine and the X-men.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Soulstealer

Using the Peter Parker formula of my life doesn't suck enough...

I'm going to say Rogue. They give her some apocalyptic power she can't control or get rid of and things get very House of M. After it's over her powers go back to "normal" and she can no longer touch people and somewhere in there a Magneto betrayal happens to round things out.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By papad1992

@poisonfleur said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Your watching Josie and the Pussycats. Up next Wolverine and the X-men.

?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By HolySerpent

Kid omega

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Purgy

I dont' think it would be Rogue, but isn't she already getting hyped in Legacy?

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Soulstealer

@Purgy said:

I dont' think it would be Rogue, but isn't she already getting hyped in Legacy?

Hyped, no. Getting to actually do something other than stand in the background of splash pages...yes. Also her being able to control her powers...I know that's far too un-status quo for Marvel's liking...so I point to my previous statement and the emotion behind it.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By unicornpuncher

Kid Omega for the win. I predicted that months ago even as soon as they started teasing this AvX thing. Its no coincidence he came back and is powerful enough to hold the phoenix. I dont think hell get big spinout after, but hes going to fight to hold it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.