Who's the best X-student?

#1 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like Rockslide but who do you think is best?

#2 Edited by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellion

My top 10 include:

1. Hellion.
  2. Genesis.
  3. Elixir.
  4. X-23.
  5. Mercury.
  6. Surge.
  7. Dust.
  8. Rockslide.
  9. Anole.
  10. Oya/Broo/Kid Gladiator/Quentin Quire.
#3 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this only from New/Young X-Men or does it include the newer students?

#4 Edited by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

No. those "newer" students (Cipher, Ink, Greymalkin, Crosta, Hope, and the Five Lights) are horrible characters! With the exception of Idie and Laurie!

So the best X-Student is imo:

#5 Edited by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

No. those "newer" students (Cipher, Ink, Greymalkin, Crosta, Hope, and the Five Lights) are horrible characters! With the exception of Idie and Laurie!

Cipher, Ink, Crosta and Greymalkin are especially lame.

The Lights aren't that bad, in my opinion - I do like Zero. I like the newer Institute kids - Idie, Broo, Genesis, Kid Gladiator, and, I suppose, Aaron's Quentin Quire is okay.

I'm generally more fond of the core Academy X/New X-Men cast, though (Genesis aside, I love that guy); Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Elixir, Prodigy, Surge, Stepford Cuckoos, Anole etc.

#6 Posted by Mutant God (3057 posts) - - Show Bio

Bling, Blindfold, and Angel

#7 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Uhhhh, no. You're forgetting some.

1. Genesis

2. Broo

3. Kid Gladiator

4. Quentin Quire

5. Hellion

6. Anole

7. Elixir

8. Gentle

9. Rockslide

10. X-23

Maybe switch 3 and 4, or 8 and 9. Something about Gentle I like, not sure.

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

Cipher, Ink, Crosta and Greymalkin are especially lame.

The Lights aren't that bad, in my opinion - I do like Zero. I like the newer Institute kids - Idie, Broo, Genesis, Kid Gladiator, and, I suppose, Aaron's Quentin Quire is okay.

I'm generally more fond of the core Academy X/New X-Men cast, though (Genesis aside, I love that guy); Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Elixir, Prodigy, Surge, Stepford Cuckoos, Anole etc.

Dude... ur speaking my language!! I love the original New X-Men cast!

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992: Uhhhh, no. You're forgetting some.

Broo, Kid Gladiator, Genesis, and Quentin really don't count imo... they've only been X-students for like less then ten issues (with the exception of Quentin... but he's been dormant, minus a few appearances, since he was "in Beast's lab" when the mansion was last the mansion.)

#10 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

Broo, Kid Gladiator, Genesis, and Quentin really don't count imo... they've only been X-students for like less then ten issues (with the exception of Quentin... but he's been dormant, minus a few appearances, since he was "in Beast's lab" when the mansion was last the mansion.)

Meh. They're all students and they're my favorite.

#11 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

Well I'm a true New X-Men fan... I only like the original X-kids (well the ones that are still alive anyways):

Prodigy, Surge, Elixir, Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Anole, Indra, Loa, The Stepford Cuckoos, Match, Trance, Pixie, Gentle, Bling!, Blindfold, Ernst, No-Girl, and X-23.

#12 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

Well I'm a true New X-Men fan... I only like the original X-kids (well the ones that are still alive anyways):

Prodigy, Surge, Elixir, Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Anole, Indra, Loa, The Stepford Cuckoos, Match, Trance, Pixie, Gentle, Bling!, Blindfold, Ernst, No-Girl, and X-23.

I understand. While I do like some of the New X-Men, the new kids at the Jean Grey School are definitely my favorites. I like Quentin quite a bit too.

#13 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

I understand. While I do like some of the New X-Men, the new kids at the Jean Grey School are definitely my favorites. I like Quentin quite a bit too.

I also understand where you're coming from too... reading Wolverine and the X-Men really made me love characters like: Genesis, Kid Gladiator, and Quentin (if you'd ask me that if I liked him 5 years ago I would've cringed!) and I love how the series is progressing. But when I hear the term "X-students" I immediately think of the Academy X/New X-Men series and characters!

#14 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

I also understand where you're coming from too... reading Wolverine and the X-Men really made me love characters like: Genesis, Kid Gladiator, and Quentin (if you'd ask me that if I liked him 5 years ago I would've cringed!) and I love how the series is progressing. But when I hear the term "X-students" I immediately think of the Academy X/New X-Men series and characters!

Quentin has definitely improved, that's for sure. The cast of Wolverine and the X-Men aren't the first thing that comes to mind when you think of X-Students, that's true. But Genesis is still the best! (;

#15 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

Quentin has definitely improved, that's for sure. The cast of Wolverine and the X-Men aren't the first thing that comes to mind when you think of X-Students, that's true. But Genesis is still the best! (;

Defiantly agree with you on the series and Quentin... Genesis is cool but he's only had 15 appearances!!

#16 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

Defiantly agree with you on the series and Quentin... Genesis is cool but he's only had 15 appearances!!

He's so awesome that his 15 appearances are enough.

#17 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@papad1992 said:

He's so awesome that his 15 appearances are enough.

If 15 is amazing to you imagine when he gets 50 appearances!

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 @TheAnnihilator

I find Genesis an incredibly interesting character with a decent back story that plays upon several great plot/history points and a fantastic power set. The whole Nature vs Nurture thing that Aaron/Remender have going on is an excellent angle for a book like WaTXM to focus on. Genesis possesses the ability to become one of the most powerful beings on the planet, a being that could either save or destroy the world given the influences he's exposed to in the coming years; one of the greatest future X-Men or one of their most powerful foes as shown in WaTXM 4. That's just damn cool.

#19 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I find Genesis an incredibly interesting character with a decent back story that plays upon several great plot/history points and a fantastic power set. The whole Nature vs Nurture thing that Aaron/Remender have going on is an excellent angle for a book like WaTXM to focus on. Genesis possesses the ability to become one of the most powerful beings on the planet, a being that could either save or destroy the world given the influences he's exposed to in the coming years; one of the greatest future X-Men or one of their most powerful foes as shown in WaTXM 4. That's just damn cool.

Couldn't have said any better...

Uncle Cluster... Kansas...hehehe...

#20 Posted by Skaddix (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

He has to go through Franklin so he is no threat to the future.

#21 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

BROOOOOOO!

#22 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

These guys.

David + Sofia
Broo 
Laurie Collins
#23 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Is David even a mutant anymore?

#24 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

Title asks "Who's the best X-Student?" Not "Who's the best Young Mutant?". Him being a mutant doesn't matter, what matters is that he attended the Xavier Institute and was one of the best students of his time.

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@John Valentine said:

Ok, then.

#26 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio
dust all the way!!! 
Crusade
#27 Posted by sinister29 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Mercury

#28 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Genesis and Broo

#29 Posted by Skaddix (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Skaddix said:

@John Valentine said:

Ok, then.

He still an interesting character though.

#30 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@John Valentine said:

@Skaddix said:

@John Valentine said:

Ok, then.

He still an interesting character though.

Although it's a valid point, Franklin really doesn't play any significant role in the X-Books (I'm not trying to patronize you, just saying).

I'm not sure Marvel would take into account his power levels when facing a situation like this nor bother to feature him. They'd either not involve him, have him remain weaker/de-powered, or at worst, killed. If they did involve him it would really ruin the possible outcomes of the story; it's his whole Deus Ex Machina complex. I doubt Marvel will ever let 616-Franklin reach his potential because of this.

Case in point, where is Franklin in AvX? Where was he after M-Day etc? His power involvement's pretty much been solely in FF stories since Onslaught.

#31 Posted by CaliSweeper (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Iv'e been absolutely loving Kid Gladiator and Broo. Kid Gladiator's arrogance just fits him so well and and Broo's modesty is a nice fit.

#32 Posted by Renascence (128 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Kid Omega

2. Idie

3. Angel Salvadore

4. Wind Dancer

5. Anole

6. Rockslide

7. Bling!

8. Broo

9. Genesis

10. Surge

#33 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Broo son

#34 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixie

Surge

Anole

Angel/Tempest

Dust

#35 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorites:

Paras
Sooraya

#36 Edited by The_Diamond_Prince (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say there was a time that the MIA Elixir was my favorite, but it's hard to call him a current favorite since he's floating around in marvel Limbo and hasn't had any mention in quite some time...

Though not necessarily my favorite, Velecidad is a pretty interesting newer character, in terms of his time control powers slowly aging him. I love the idea of powers that can be a blessing and a curse.

#37 Posted by Mercy_ (92863 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Diamond_Prince: Elixir is going to in in Wolverine's solo. He's shown as joining the book (not sure for how long) in one of the solicits for an upcoming issue.

#38 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@The_Diamond_Prince: Elixir is going to in in Wolverine's solo. He's shown as joining the book (not sure for how long) in one of the solicits for an upcoming issue.

It's just for one issue that's 40 pages with an guest writer as Bunn is done before that issue, and then Loeb comes on to write Sabertooth Reborn. Though based on solicits, it looks more like a flashback as it's an untold tale. But for all I know it'll bring Josh back into the fold.

#39 Edited by The_Diamond_Prince (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: I'll check it out...Here's hoping it does...

#40 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Broo definetly!

#41 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1118 posts) - - Show Bio
Crusade
Crusade

Sooraya FTW!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.