Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who Would You Want As your Personal Bodyguard?

Deadpo0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Deadpo0l

Poll Who Would You Want As your Personal Bodyguard? (42 votes)

Deadpool 5%
    Wolverine 7%
    Emma Frost 5%
    Rogue 0%
    Storm 7%
    Cyclops 2%
    Beast 5%
    Gambit 0%
    Psyclocke 17%
    Blink 5%
    Archangel 2%
    Banshee 0%
    Magneto 29%
    Prof X 5%
    Cable 12%
    Vertigo 0%
    Dazzler 0%

Why did you chose that individual?

( . ) ( . )

-The Rack

• 
    Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wolverine. He can take a ton of punishment, so if for some reason someone was trying to harm me he can take the hit for me. Add in his fighting ability and claws and you have a perfect bodyguard, assuming he gives a f-ck whether you get hurt or not

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    No Caption Provided

For just defensive abilities and general skill, I would have gone with Kitty or Magik, but I chose Psylocke because he combination of telepathy with her formidable combat skills could just as often keep me out of danger in the first place.

And besides the telepathic advantage, her telekinesis could stop a bullet or catch me if I was thrown out of a plane, etc..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Koays

Magneto. Intimidation factor alone would stop people from messing with you, plus as a former super villain he's survived a fair amount of assassination attempts and near death experiences.

Plus when the Master of Magnetism is your body guard, you could work at dunkin donuts and command respect.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Silver_Raven

Lifeguard. Her power is to protect life. Too bad she has been in Limbo since X-treme X-men.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is the most powerful one on that list.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sym

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Deadpool.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

For just defensive abilities and general skill, I would have gone with Kitty or Magik, but I chose Psylocke because he combination of telepathy with her formidable combat skills could just as often keep me out of danger in the first place.

And besides the telepathic advantage, her telekinesis could stop a bullet or catch me if I was thrown out of a plane, etc..

Pretty much this :)

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cable because he's got cybernetic arms, big guns and i think he can time slide. he can communicate with me telepathically and telekenetically shield me

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My pick isn't listed and that's Colossus. Why? because his imposing size alone negates most problems before they even get started which is a huge part of the bodyguard role. On top of that no one can take as much punishment as he can and he's used to shielding people.

My issue with Wolverine in this role is that he's a meat shield/killer and bullets do go past or through him, his temperament also means he'd be a real pain in the behind to deal with.

While Psylocke may have telepathy, it's very limited in range and while she may be able to catch me if thrown from a plane, who's going to catch her? Last I saw, she couldn't fly.

Which would lead me to Rachel, who has stronger telepathy and telekinesis but no ninja skills and she's also not a choice.

So perhaps a teleporter to just get me out of a situation? So I'm going to have to go with Cable. Between his powers (telekinetic / telepath / precognition) and his technology (guns, teleportation/bodyslides) coupled with his imposing look and sense of duty, he's my best choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto or Prof X

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

storm cause she is a bad ass, and she hot so yea

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Psylocke. TK and TP plus she's sexy as hell.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Beast. He can teach me science.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blink. She can teleport me to where ever I need to go without taking a plane or a boat lol. Even if I'm running late to work, I can appear in secs lol.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose Cable.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto. Since out of those list he's the most powerful one. I thought he can keep me save no matter what lol.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Psylocke because at the height of her power, she could have defeated most of the others here at the same time. She would care about accomplishing her mission (protecting me) much more than Emma or Magneto would, has no qualms about using her power like Xavier would, and looks much better in tights than Beast or Cyclops would to me. :p

ZacCooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ZacCooper

I'd go with Warpath

Surprised he wasn't an option, along with Colossus, considering they're both pretty heavy hitters and practically invulnerable

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By Erik

@zaccooper said:

I'd go with Warpath

Surprised he wasn't an option, along with Colossus, considering they're both pretty heavy hitters and practically invulnerable

Probably because both suck at everything except being invulnerable. :p

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@numi said:

My pick isn't listed and that's Colossus. Why? because his imposing size alone negates most problems before they even get started which is a huge part of the bodyguard role. On top of that no one can take as much punishment as he can and he's used to shielding people.

1. My issue with Wolverine in this role is that he's a meat shield/killer and bullets do go past or through him, his temperament also means he'd be a real pain in the behind to deal with.
    2. While Psylocke may have telepathy, it's very limited in range and while she may be able to catch me if thrown from a plane, who's going to catch her? Last I saw, she couldn't fly.
    3. Which would lead me to Rachel, who has stronger telepathy and telekinesis but no ninja skills and she's also not a choice.
    4. So perhaps a teleporter to just get me out of a situation? So I'm going to have to go with Cable. Between his powers (telekinetic / telepath / precognition) and his technology (guns, teleportation/bodyslides) coupled with his imposing look and sense of duty, he's my best choice.

1. absolutely agree.

2. there's absolutely no reason Psylocke can't fly, she just never does. Some writers ignore how powerful she is as either a telepath or a telekinetic, but there's more than enough examples of both to imagine she's powerful enough with either to at least move people around.

3. I considered her for that very reason, but though she may be far more powerful than Psylocke, it's like with Wolverine, I'd be less inclined to trust her temperament. Same reason I didn't even consider characters like Magneto or Magik, though to a lesser degree.

4. Good point, I've just never felt very safe when there's loaded guns around I guess.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

1. My issue with Wolverine in this role is that he's a meat shield/killer and bullets do go past or through him, his temperament also means he'd be a real pain in the behind to deal with.
    2. While Psylocke may have telepathy, it's very limited in range and while she may be able to catch me if thrown from a plane, who's going to catch her? Last I saw, she couldn't fly.
    3. Which would lead me to Rachel, who has stronger telepathy and telekinesis but no ninja skills and she's also not a choice.
    4. So perhaps a teleporter to just get me out of a situation? So I'm going to have to go with Cable. Between his powers (telekinetic / telepath / precognition) and his technology (guns, teleportation/bodyslides) coupled with his imposing look and sense of duty, he's my best choice.

1. absolutely agree.

2. there's absolutely no reason Psylocke can't fly, she just never does. Some writers ignore how powerful she is as either a telepath or a telekinetic, but there's more than enough examples of both to imagine she's powerful enough with either to at least move people around.

3. I considered her for that very reason, but though she may be far more powerful than Psylocke, it's like with Wolverine, I'd be less inclined to trust her temperament. Same reason I didn't even consider characters like Magneto or Magik, though to a lesser degree.

4. Good point, I've just never felt very safe when there's loaded guns around I guess.

I don't like how Fox portrays Colossus in X Men movies. He's like so much shorter than he is in the comics. They need to get a very big and buff actor to play him.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By HexThis

Magik- she's capable of teleportation, she's very intelligent, she's a sorcerer, and she's a talented melee fighter. She's also incredibly cool and has a hilarious and dark sense of humor so she'd be fun to hang out with.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis: Magik was the first one I thought of for all of those reasons and more, but as much as I like Magik as a character, I don't think I'd be able to trust her as a person.

She could save me from harm a hundred times and I'd still always wonder if it wasn't her fault I was in harm's way to begin with. I mean, she even does that with her best friends.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkling.

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pick storm because she got so much in her arsenal lightning, hurricanes, blizzard, tornadoes etc

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto, but he would probably refuse to be a simple bodyguard. Same with Cyclops. So i'd go with Psylocke, Gambit or Archangel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis said:

Magik- she's capable of teleportation, she's very intelligent, she's a sorcerer, and she's a talented melee fighter. She's also incredibly cool and has a hilarious and dark sense of humor so she'd be fun to hang out with.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Yeah, until she inevitably betrays you, just like she's done to pretty much everyone she's been close to other than Cyclops. She even completely ruined her own brother's life for pretty much no reason.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JonSmith

Prof X. Because he can hide me with telepathic illusions, completely wiping my signature from the face of the Earth if necessary. Now granted, Psylocke/Emma would be better at that because they can not only do that, they can also fight/walk.

But they're also both female telepaths wearing skintight outfits, and thus liable to attack me for bad thoughts.

Also, if I've got Xavier protecting me, I've pretty much got ALL the X-Men protecting me, since they'd be happy to watch my back if he asks them to.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@hexthis: Magik was the first one I thought of for all of those reasons and more, but as much as I like Magik as a character, I don't think I'd be able to trust her as a person.

She could save me from harm a hundred times and I'd still always wonder if it wasn't her fault I was in harm's way to begin with. I mean, she even does that with her best friends.

Yeah, Magik is a pretty dark little girl. I'd have to write a clause in our contract wherein she pledges to restore her soul and seek therapy but maybe that would be too much of a bother.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto...I guess I don't have to explain myself why...lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.