Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who would you like to see writing Uncanny now?

• 73 results
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

Scott Lobdell !

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By HAWK2916

@mcklayn: Haven't heard that name in a while. But talk about straightening things out and getting back to basics. That might be awesome move. While were at it Fabian Nicieza anyone? lol

Another thought- James Robinson might do a good job also

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@hawk2916: cant wait for the ending of uncanny x-me 600, thats got to be another milestone/anniversary type of thing. kinda sad bendis is leaving, i thought he would last for 10 years, guess he wrote some ideas for x-men and leave it for the next writer to pick up

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

Scott Lobdell !

@hawk2916 said:

@mcklayn: Haven't heard that name in a while. But talk about straightening things out and getting back to basics. That might be awesome move. While were at it Fabian Nicieza anyone? lol

I was just to write Lobdel/Nicieza.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I cant wait for it to end either. But i cant echo your sentiments about Bendis. Im not saying his successor will be any better but i'm glad to see Bendis move on. I dont think he's right for Xmen

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am just glad to see bendis leaving the book, don't get me wrong I love a lot of his stuff, but I ended up dropping uncanny a few months back because it felt like all that was happen was filler issues, the story was so slow that every issue I was left saying "well that did nothing to progress the story" plus I hated just about every new mutant on the team, I love cyclops so I really wanted to love that book, but... Plus does marvel have any books not being writting by Bendis anymore, it seems like that dude writes every title now.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Claremont !

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@ec2277 said:

@mcklayn said:

Scott Lobdell !

@hawk2916 said:

I was just to write Lobdel/Nicieza.

Hell yea! Im down for some throw back, i still want Claremont as editor and we talking about a new golden age lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: That's exactly what I've been screaming for the longest!! Make Claremont an editor. I even think Bendis could work as editor or at least pitching ideas- its his execution thats lacking

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fabian Nicieza, writer of the Cable & Deadpool series. He did a lot of other good X-Men comics in the past, and I mean a lot.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By EC2277

@hawk2916: @mcklayn: I don't think Claremont could be a good editor: he was already editorial director of Fantastic Four in the 1998, but he left immediately the role. Instead Niciezia was editor in chief and senior vice-president of Acclaim Comics form 1996 to 1997, when he became president until 1999. So he could be a better choose to the role of editor than Claremont, but also Ann Nocenti and Luise Simonson were good editor of the x-titles in the period from 1980 to 1988.

Anyway the times change, so what was good in the eighties and nineties, couldn't be good now.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

lol PAD/Remender tandem I would never miss.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Koays  Online

Lol, idk about Claremont as editor either. He sometimes seems a bit too disgruntled to be a team player let alone the leader. Peter David as Editor seems to be in the same vein but with a bit more modern touch.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Claremont !

Yeah, considering the magnificent job he did with X-Men Forever, sure.

Making him the X-Men writer is the perfect and best way to promote Inhumans & Avengers.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny X-men - Gillen

X-force - Millar

Adjectiveless - Peter David (men and women again)

Academy X - K/Y

Uncanny Avengers - Hickman (not going to happen, but it's not like anything else really will)

Other writers I'd love to see work on X-books are:

J. Michael Straczynski - Supreme Power was one of the best "what if real world had super powered people" introspects I ever read in comics, would be excited for what he'd do with the X-brand if he was part of it.

Warren Ellis - basically, just because

Jeff Parker - he made Rulk an absolutely gold read with one of the better non-Alist 616 Earth (and sometimes even not just Earth) formations and explorations. I think all the secondary characters he created had their unique place in the world and motivation. His sci-fi was good, his concepts were interesting and he's willing to explore the unbounded horizons of MU without making it a mess. I think he'd be a good pick.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I like those choices. I completely forgot about Warren Ellis too. I think I would just drop the Uncanny Avengers concept altogether, though it is one of the best books out there right now.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

I know nothing about his Excalibur run cause I'm not interested in this type, but I kinda loved what he did with Ghost Boxes, there was a new angle for mutant metaphor to look at and that's what I'm looking for.

Like Millar, he falls over at times and then resolutions lack, but when they're on it they really are. Extremis arc and Ultimates v.1 and 2 are superb, not flawless, but high quality is the only right description I have in the moment.

They shouldn't have called them Avengers from the beginning, New Defenders would fit better respecting BOTH of these teammate's statuses, but this is the Avengers World right? The concept wasn't bad, it just failed. imo

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: no one is writing uncanny x-men cause there is no more uncanny x-men its all secret wars now/soon

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My writer line-up:

X-Men Series #1 (flagship epic): Ales Kot, Brian K. Vaughan, or Mike Carey--if he can bring his Supernovas game; artists Fiona Staples, Olivier Coipel, Alina Urusov, Russell Dauterman, Marguerite K. Bennett, Stephanie Hans

X-Men Series #2 (intimate character piece): G. Willow Wilson (ideally with Mike del Mundo)

Satellite: Kelly Sue DeConnick (ideally with Jorge Molina)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#73  Edited By Teerack

If only Geoff Johns worked at Marvel.

I'm really enjoying Charlse Soule's Wolverines and his Death of Wolverine was amazing. I've liked most of his DC stuff as well and think he would be good for it. Though if it meant him leaving Inhumans then I wouldn't want it to happen.

Hickman did an amazing Fantastic Four and Avengers run. I would like to see what he could do with X-Men.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geoff Johns!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.