Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who would you draft to Cyclops's team?

• 80 results
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By dangallant984

@Storm_UltimateBadass said:

@dangallant984 said:

what about

No Caption Provided

Yesss I love the Cuckoos!!!

yeah, me too. and they haven't done much in quite a while.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Dayvid3

Cable, any of the original X-force that are relevant today, Hope, X-23

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DarkDay
    Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sharkbite

I would have liked Jubilee to get drafted on the team if they're going to insist she keeps her vampire powers.

I would have liked Elixir to get drafted, after how great he was in X-Force and how he's already aware of Scott's way of doing business. Kinda serving as the moral compass for the team.

And I would have loved to see Doug Ramsey get drafted in, with Cyclops initially recruiting him after giving a speech that begins "Doug, I need to send the world a message..."

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By New_World_Order

Magik.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Dayvid3

Or how about someone not so formerly evil, give them a nod of legitimacy? That would also twist the knife a bit in the boring holier than thou'er schoolers

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By dangallant984

@DarkDay: @Sharkbite: Elixir was actually one of the first characters I thought of for this, too. But seeing as they've just introduced a new character with the same power set (Christopher), he seems unlikely at this point.

@Dayvid3 said:

Or how about someone not so formerly evil, give them a nod of legitimacy? That would also twist the knife a bit in the boring holier than thou'er schoolers

I was just thinking the same thing, but I can't think of who would actually work. Colossus would've been cool, if it weren't for all the smeg between him and Magik. Maybe they could make Archangel work, if only because he seems like such a wild card at this point..

it is kinda interesting to see an X-men team where Emma actually stands out as being the least villainous, though..

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By DarkDay

@dangallant984 said:

@DarkDay: @Sharkbite: Elixir was actually one of the first characters I thought of for this, too. But seeing as they've just introduced a new character with the same power set (Christopher), he seems unlikely at this point.

@Dayvid3 said:

I was just thinking the same thing, but I can't think of who would actually work. Colossus would've been cool, if it weren't for all the smeg between him and Magik. Maybe they could make Archangel work, if only because he seems like such a wild card at this point..

it is kinda interesting to see an X-men team where Emma actually stands out as being the least villainous, though..

True enough. Though I'd point out that Christopher is still sort of an unknown quality and his powers haven't been defined enough to rule out that he isn't different enough from Elixir that it could be interesting.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#59  Edited By McKlayn

yea i read the interview with Bendis where he basically says that Cyclops shows up and says here we are, we got a school too, anyone not happy here can come on over!

he made it sound like there would be more then one, if one of the O5 goes i would almost bet money on Angel, i loved old Warren (new one not so much) so i would like to see him kind of get back to his arrogant, rich boy ways. (doubt it happens) Also like to see some of the teachers there finally step up and say "Hey Cyclops was right" Im coming along bitches!

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By dangallant984

@McKlayn said:

he made it sound like there would be more then one, if one of the O5 goes i would almost bet money on Angel, i loved old Warren (new one not so much) so i would like to see him kind of get back to his arrogant, rich boy ways. (doubt it happens) Also like to see some of the teachers there finally step up and say "Hey Cyclops was right" Im coming along bitches!

I'd really like to see that, too. But, given who's at the school right now, I don't see many characters that actually would. Maybe Rachel?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am shocked by how many people want to see the inexperienced kids drafted onto the team on the run. Not to say that the school is some kind of safe haven nowadays, but anything is better than being hunted and surrounded by former villains of questionable motivation post AxX.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Well the no. 10 issue preview said that you would be SHOCKED to see which one out of the O5 join, so my money's on Young Scott or Jean. That is gonna be shocking as hell. A real slap in the face of Wolverine's team lol. Not so shocking if it's Warren, Beast or Iceman.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CTG

No matter who it is, I'm hoping that Jean gets to see the past events through Cyclops' eyes at some point. I think Bendis is intelligent enough as a writer to realize that seeing things through Beast's mind only tells her one side of the story. I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually did see things through Cyclops' eyes/mind and decided to switch alliances.

I think it'll either be her or Young Scott.

As for others I'd like to see join The Revolution? Well, they have no brute-type character right now, so I'd add Warpath in that spot. Then I'd add Prodigy and/or Anole as someone Cyclops can mentor and groom to be a future leader of a team - as both have shown great leadership abilities. Speaking of New X-Men, I'd want to see Dust in there as well, along w/ Surge .

It could also be really interesting to add Pixie to the group and explore the dynamic between her and Magik even more. Seeing as the second arc of UXM is focused on Magik , perhaps we'll get to see that.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#64  Edited By McKlayn

@Avenger85 said:

Well the no. 10 issue preview said that you would be SHOCKED to see which one out of the O5 join, so my money's on Young Scott or Jean. That is gonna be shocking as hell. A real slap in the face of Wolverine's team lol. Not so shocking if it's Warren, Beast or Iceman.

Id prefer teachers such as Chamber / Husk or some of the New mutants maybe, still a few of the students wouldn't hurt especially the likes of Quire or Hellion since its still a school just more of a military type thing I WOULD GUESS no one knows for sure really, also the interview i read made it sound more like teacher then students jumping ship.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Decoy Elite

Quintin outright belongs on the team from what I've seen.

I could see Legion working as well if it weren't for the whole Cyclops killing his dad thing.

That's assuming team is what it looks like. (A team that's basically saving mutants from mobs and trying to train them like old school X-Men)

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @Decoy Elite said:

I could see Legion working as well if it weren't for the whole Cyclops killing his dad thing.

That's assuming team is what it looks like. (A team that's basically saving mutants from mobs and trying to train them like old school X-Men)

Problem is that  while Quentin would work perfectly on the team, he's an insanely powerful male mutant that isn't Magneto. For whatever reason, Marvel dislike those being on core X-teams.
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Problem is that while Quentin would work perfectly on the team, he's an insanely powerful male mutant that isn't Magneto. For whatever reason, Marvel dislike those being on core X-teams.

True, which is sad because with Emma being depowered telepathically he could easily take the team telepath spot X-teams seem to love.

Either way I don't expect Marvel adding any team members outside of new mutants that will totally be original and awesome.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @Decoy Elite said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Problem is that while Quentin would work perfectly on the team, he's an insanely powerful male mutant that isn't Magneto. For whatever reason, Marvel dislike those being on core X-teams.

True, which is sad because with Emma being depowered telepathically he could easily take the team telepath spot X-teams seem to love.

Either way I don't expect Marvel adding any team members outside of new mutants that will totally be original and awesome.

I will actually give it a read if Hellion shows up. He should, it only makes all the sense in the world.
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Markus_Langbourn: The problem here is that with the X-Men there's really a hundred characters that logically fit, but there's just so many X-characters that the writers probably aren't even aware of the ones that fit. So they make new characters which get added to this pile and then when a new writer shows up with a story idea there's plenty of mutants that could fit, but they're so many that they're unaware of them, so they make new characters...etc into infinity.

Alternately, if you want to see the future of X-Men then just image a writer shoving a new mutant down the reader's throat, for eternity.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @Decoy Elite said:

@Markus_Langbourn: The problem here is that with the X-Men there's really a hundred characters that logically fit, but there's just so many X-characters that the writers probably aren't even aware of the ones that fit. So they make new characters which get added to this pile and then when a new writer shows up with a story idea there's plenty of mutants that could fit, but they're so many that they're unaware of them, so they make new characters...etc into infinity.

Alternately, if you want to see the future of X-Men then just image a writer shoving a new mutant down the reader's throat, for eternity.

The funny thing is that the reason M-Day was done was to avoid writers doing this... And they reversed M-Day and introduced new mutants that they shoved down the reader's throat, as you said. So, that worked.
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Markus_Langbourn: I'm glad M-Day got trahsed, but I want some actual thought put into the new mutants.

Also for them to not all be in X-titles. I really don't get why Marvel feels the need to separate X-Men from other heroes, especially now that it's well established that the MU public hates all super humans, not just mutants.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Decoy Elite: Yeah but the thing is, that Quentin is EXPECTED to go to Cyclops' team. We're talking about something completely unexpected and Shocking here. Like a real WTF moment.

That is gonna be delivered via one of the O5, or amongst the others, Legion joining Scott.

I'm sure more will join as they all aren't dumb enough to keep riding the "Cyclops was evil and Xavier was a saint" bandwagon all the time. And Cyclops will have his own comic book. So that means at one point he will have a change of heart & get his scattered marbles together. Magneto and the other X-Villain teams didnt have a series like Uncanny, of their own. So things are gonna get better for Scott when more people start seeing what he's really all about.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Avenger85: Like I said I don't expect Quentin to be put on the team, but he really should be on it.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#74  Edited By knighthood

I always like teams with feral members so why not...

Feral
    Feral

Yeah, yeah, I know she's probably dead, but it'd be interesting. Even more fun would be...

Marrow
    Marrow

And for the ultimate feral character not named Wolvie why not...

No Caption Provided

That'd be kinda funny.

kh••d

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By dangallant984

@Brazen_Intellect said:

I am shocked by how many people want to see the inexperienced kids drafted onto the team on the run. Not to say that the school is some kind of safe haven nowadays, but anything is better than being hunted and surrounded by former villains of questionable motivation post AxX.

well, most of the characters that people are suggesting, even the young ones, actually have as much (if not more) experience than the new O5, who were just strait up the X-men. :/ And Cyclops' base is at least in a secret location, which, arguably, makes it safer from attacks.

@Decoy Elite said:

Pretty sure the only reason Quentin's not in jail is because Captain America let Wolverine look after him; didn't Cyclops want him incarcerated?

@knighthood said:

Marrow
    Marrow

Yeah, yeah, I know she's probably dead, but it'd be interesting. Even more fun would be...

this is a great suggestion!

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dayvid3

@Avenger85 said:

Well the no. 10 issue preview said that you would be SHOCKED to see which one out of the O5 join, so my money's on Young Scott or Jean. That is gonna be shocking as hell. A real slap in the face of Wolverine's team lol.

Ha, that would be great! Both going over, or just jean and leaving him with Scott to handle perhaps against his nature and more as the headmaster he's trying to play. Better change the name of your school :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dangallant984 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

well, most of the characters that people are suggesting, even the young ones, actually have as much (if not more) experience than the new O5, who were just strait up the X-men. :/ And Cyclops' base is at least in a secret location, which, arguably, makes it safer from attacks.

Being more experienced than an obvious novice does not make you qualified by any means, nearly none of the recent X-kids belong on a team in the first place, especially one that has heroes and villains gunning for them.

The secret base is their one selling point, but only if it can stay that way. the X-Men have a terrible track record in this regard based on the number of times the X-Mansion has been "remodeled"

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DarkDay

@Brazen_Intellect said:

I'd point out that quite a few X-kids as it were, have had it much worst than this. I think team Cyclops might actually be a break for some of them. Not a whole lot of positive upbeat origin stories in X-Men titles... so even if we say they are inexperienced at super heroics they are still rather in the know when it comes to danger and persecution.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sage, Magma and Warpath would be interesting.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Um, none. Bendis can't handle teams of 4+, evidently.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By fodigg

I'd also go with Prodigy, Surge, and Frenzy. Those are all good choices for the context.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.