Who would you draft to Cyclops's team?

• 80 results
#1 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops's Uncanny X-Men membership seems a little spare. With only Magneto, Emma, Magik, and two newer mutants. Which X-Men or any mutant really would you draft to Cyclops's X-Men?

#2 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: A helmet designer for Scott. I'm kidding. Not sure honestly he's kind of surrounding himself "former" villains in his little club, maybe they can get Reignfire and Exodus, lol.

#3 Posted by Squares (6507 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure you really need that many more people on the team. You've already got your teleporter, tank, psychic and freaking Magneto on the team, other than some more firepower what else could they really need?

My picks would be Empath, Lifeguard, either of the two the Mastermind sisters, Franklin Richards (everyone needs Franklin Richards), Forge and Skids. Any of them would be a pretty awesome addition to any team.

#4 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Frenzy......

#5 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigy, Surge (Only members of the New X-men that I know clearly the support Team Cyclops), The Cuckoos, and Frenzy

#6 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Chamber & Husk, they have a very interesting dynamic that died years ago. Husk left the school and i could see her joining up with Cyclops, she also makes an excellent 'tank' like character with her power, i could also see Chamber going after her rekindling a few of those feelings and he would make a nice blaster to add to the group, maybe even show him start flying like the elluded he could back in Gen X

Frenzy is also a great addition, i dont think you would need both her and Husk but either or would fit. Remy could also join up, he isnt a teacher his solo books shows he misses the adventure and well i he has walked the line several times before so why not again?

The cuckoos should be thier simply because they are Scott's girls, and if ema is depowered that would be a nice addition.

Prodigy would be awesome cause they could really use a tech guy, i mean honestly none of them are very tech savy, Beast, Nemesis, & Forge all else where, it would give him a nice spot to really shine as a full fledged X man, alos in the same breath you could bring in Madison Jefferies to fill this role

Surge and several other charaters in limbo just for the simple fact to get them a chance to shine along with the a smaller team.

Sadly though i thinkall the roles will be filled by new mutants

#7 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely throw in Surge, Prodigy, Pixie, Dust, Magma, & Frenzy. I honestly wouldn't put Empath, Lady Mastermind or any other characters with villain tendencies. I mean they're not desperate or as evil as the world makes them out to be.

#8 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Frenzy......

yeah.

@JohnnyGat said:

Prodigy, Surge (Only members of the New X-men that I know clearly the support Team Cyclops), The Cuckoos, and Frenzy

yeah, any or all of these.

Although, in the case of the Cuckoos, I think it would be cooler if they stayed at the Jean Grey school, and only maintained a psychic presence with the team, and especially cool if this idea came from Cyclops.

#9 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust, Quentin, the Cuckoos... And maybe one of the O5, just to create a little more controversy.

#10 Posted by asew22 (2 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Cyclops have the ability to re-engage projectile swiftly and protect wolverine from adamantium bullets threats.Highly efficiency mobile tactical high energy laser protector.
  2. Wolverine possessed the powers of healing factor and his nearly indestructible claws. Logan is a nice combo with kitty pryde because kitty's can turn herself into intangible form whenever she touch of something, the reasons i said kitty combo wolverine is because kitty can transform intangible in split seconds so if combo together they are almost untouchable.supportive combo.
  3. Colossus have super strength,stamina and even can turn his whole body harden and tough nearly impossible to penetrate his skin surface with projectile,fire,collision. high pressure water and even large object.
  4. Emma Frost is a unique superheroes in the team because she can read other thought and protect her own thought by transforming herself into diamond form.Frost can even telepathic another individuals to do what she desire.Mind manipulation powers are very dangerous to others mutants and human because she has violated human right in the society.
  5. Beast is a very ethical mutants of all, he is also the secretary of mutants affairs. He is the only one fight unarmed combat hero in this team.But i like him because he done many research about mutants cure and eventhough he did'nt succeed but he still keep on working on it until he find a solution.
#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@asew22 said:

1. Cyclops have the ability to re-engage projectile swiftly and protect wolverine from adamantium bullets threats.Highly efficiency mobile tactical high energy laser protector.
  2. Wolverine possessed the powers of healing factor and his nearly indestructible claws. Logan is a nice combo with kitty pryde because kitty's can turn herself into intangible form whenever she touch of something, the reasons i said kitty combo wolverine is because kitty can transform intangible in split seconds so if combo together they are almost untouchable.supportive combo.
  3. Colossus have super strength,stamina and even can turn his whole body harden and tough nearly impossible to penetrate his skin surface with projectile,fire,collision. high pressure water and even large object.
  4. Emma Frost is a unique superheroes in the team because she can read other thought and protect her own thought by transforming herself into diamond form.Frost can even telepathic another individuals to do what she desire.Mind manipulation powers are very dangerous to others mutants and human because she has violated human right in the society.
  5. Beast is a very ethical mutants of all, he is also the secretary of mutants affairs. He is the only one fight unarmed combat hero in this team.But i like him because he done many research about mutants cure and eventhough he did'nt succeed but he still keep on working on it until he find a solution.

Exclude Emma,add Gambit to his current team in Uncanny Xmen with the above Xmen!

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@asew22 said:

Exclude Emma,add Gambit to his current team in Uncanny Xmen with the above Xmen!

So, basically just Astonishing X-Men without Emma?

I doubt Beast and Logan would accept such a kind invitation.

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine:

You're right, ! Oh and no Magneto as well.

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@John Valentine:

You're right, ! Oh and no Magneto as well.

And maybe have Joss Whedon write about a mutant cure vaccine, a sentient robot, one of the team being a traitor and an alien warlord?

#15 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: I see where you are going, lol, but eventually everyone will again unite under the leadership of Cyke sooner or later.

#16 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

The recruits.

Magama

Elixir

Surge

Hellion

Warpath

Odd bunch, sure. But they all seem the type that would actively fight for Mutant kind and they all add something new to the school. Elixir, Surge and Hellion have gone through too much to still be kids at the school, and whilst Hellion hates Cyclops, he's not to fond of the school either.

#17 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Off topic, but I been wondering. Why Judas Nixon?

On Topic:

I honestly can't think of anyone I would want to draft right now. I'd like Kid Omega to join, but then nahh.

*thinking*

I'd say Pyro I've always been a fan of his powers. I wish they would use him more.

Pyro

(+)

#18 Posted by Teerack (6243 posts) - - Show Bio

If they didn't ruin Avalanche in uncanny avengers 1. I would of loved to see him. Toad also could get back to being cool sense he's started to hate wolverine.

#19 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One: It was going to be the name of a country-core band that never really got off the ground......
#20 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: and I'm guessing you were a avid fan right?

(+)

#21 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One: I was going to play bass, but we mostly sat around and got drunk and talk about the band instead of actually getting together and playing anything..... 
#22 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: NICE! Thanks for sharing. I had a friend named Buddy{no lie} that was in a group called "What's Their Name Again" their Logo was sloppy question mark. I always thought that was cool.

(+)

#24 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

The recruits.

Magama

Elixir

Surge

Hellion

Warpath

Odd bunch, sure. But they all seem the type that would actively fight for Mutant kind and they all add something new to the school. Elixir, Surge and Hellion have gone through too much to still be kids at the school, and whilst Hellion hates Cyclops, he's not to fond of the school either.

In Schism, given a choice of Utopia and living a school life Hellion chose school life. The thing is although Hellion like the rest of the New X-men have gone through a lot the writers have deemed him a character that he still wants to be a "kid" in school chasing girls and having fun. With Scott's revolution plans it goes against what Hellion made clear in Schism.

#25 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigy, Surge, Magma, Cuckoos

#26 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

If they didn't ruin Avalanche in uncanny avengers 1. I would of loved to see him. Toad also could get back to being cool sense he's started to hate wolverine.

They didn't ruin him! *dusts off Avalanche* -see? he's still cool!

actually, I could see the events of that issue being the reason he would join up with the outlaw X-men..

#27 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Cipher should join him too. The only good thing to come out of Young X-Men.

#28 Edited by Teerack (6243 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: His brain was cut open and messed with though :\

#29 Posted by Sissel (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Molly Hayes just because. Though, she might switch side later on since she will think Cyclops is a jerk.

#30 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: oh, pff.. who's even gonna notice?

@PrinceIMC: I would love to see more Cipher, on any team. Although I'd rather see her on Storm's..

#31 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: I think she should end up with Cyke because Cyclops and Jean were the only two people she trusted with her identity and very existence.

#32 Posted by Rickbarry (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor and or Colossus. The extinction team was fantastic. Plus I want to see Magik vs Pete.

#33 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellion.

#34 Posted by illegal_gambit (1 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit

#35 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

what about

#36 Edited by Veitha (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

what about

I like this team!

@Rickbarry said:

Namor and or Colossus. The extinction team was fantastic. Plus I want to see Magik vs Pete.

This is the best idea. And I'd like to see also Danger coming back.

#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: lol at how Bendis completely forgot/ignored Danger.

#38 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Veitha: lol at how Bendis completely forgot/ignored Danger.

No she was taken off during AVX Consequences she made it plain she had her own life together and did not care about mutant affairs, only helped break him out due to some sort of loyalty she felt towards him.

#39 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: Oh ? Ah, i see. Didn't know about that. thanks for the enlightenment.

#40 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

@Backflip said:

The recruits.

Magama

Elixir

Surge

Hellion

Warpath

In Schism, given a choice of Utopia and living a school life Hellion chose school life. The thing is although Hellion like the rest of the New X-men have gone through a lot the writers have deemed him a character that he still wants to be a "kid" in school chasing girls and having fun. With Scott's revolution plans it goes against what Hellion made clear in Schism.

Yeah see my problem with that is, that Hellion's decision to be a kid at the school, didn't reflect his established history, character progression or make much sense. As was apparent in Dark X-Men or Utopia, I'm not quite sure, but he was very PRO revolution when it was the mutant riots. He believes very much that Mutants are the dominant species, (as was apparent with the Sofia debacle) and actually quite frankly, he just needs to join up with Magneto and become his Apprentice ala Padawan :P

#41 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@Backflip said:

The recruits.

Magama

Elixir

Surge

Hellion

Warpath

Yeah see my problem with that is, that Hellion's decision to be a kid at the school, didn't reflect his established history, character progression or make much sense. As was apparent in Dark X-Men or Utopia, I'm not quite sure, but he was very PRO revolution when it was the mutant riots. He believes very much that Mutants are the dominant species, (as was apparent with the Sofia debacle) and actually quite frankly, he just needs to join up with Magneto and become his Apprentice ala Padawan :P

Sadly, we have to deal with the cards we are dealt and the latest card we have been dealt is that Hellion has decided to go back to being the stereotypical school bully (which suffice to say is just an insult to anyone who has followed the progress of the New X-men kids).

#42 Posted by slimlim (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel.

just coz he's so "innocent" at the moment. Could be interesting.

#43 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

i wan tto comment that Warpath would be great on the team, they need that strong guy fit, he stayed with Cyclops hasnt been seen since AVX and is a great character

#44 Posted by Veitha (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

This is from All-New X-Men #11 and the sollicits say that one of the O5 is gonna leave the JGS and go with Scott!

#45 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: I doubt they'll stay with him, though.

on an unrelated note, that is the best I've seen those new costumes look!

#46 Posted by Veitha (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Yeah, Immonen knows how to draw those costumes, they're very cool.

Anyway, I think that if one of them leaves the JGS it's gonna get back there very soon.

#47 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Danger also technically still on his team?

As for adding to it, I'd love to see Cyke's team and Cable's team merge and throw in Psylocke

#48 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Im loving Magik since AVX, i like the darker persona she has. She becoming one of my favorite characters.

#49 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

what about

Yesss I love the Cuckoos!!!

#50 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Sebastian Shaw, Exodus, Box, Domino, AoA Nightcrawler, Random, Adam the Xtreme, Neophyte, Omega Sentinel, Vindaloo

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.