Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who would like a new Villian name Mr. Wanted ?

Kazuma14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who would like a new Villian name Mr. Wanted ? (11 votes)

I probally do ! 18%
    I probally don't . 82%

Well , not just Magneto himself cause I'm making another Arch Enemy of his called Mr. Wanted which means the Criminal on the Wanted list and he is alot worse than him so what do you guys think of this ? a work of art that is a master piece eh ?

• 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

And can he be played by James Mcavoy and have telepathic powers and the ability to curve bullets?

Kazuma14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why do all the villains have to be "Mister" something? Just sounds kind of silly to me

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'd rather see already existing Mr. characters get utilized more. Like Mr. Sinister and Mr. Negative.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By longbowhunter

Oooh, I have an even better idea. Have the X-Men fight 80's pop rock band Mr. Mister.

I'm 100% sure their song "Broken Wings" references Archangel.

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let's be honest, Mister Sinister isn't much better.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@adamtrmm said:

it's like Mr. Fantastic, they just go by Mr. because it's catchy. In Sinister's case it almost sounds like they came up with his name first (Mr.Sinister? oh, we gotta use that!) and then made up everything else as they went..

it really ought to be Dr.Sinister and Dr.Fantastic.. they are both Doctors, yeah?

Dr.Fantastic actually sounds just as cool and better describes what he does..

I have no idea why anyone would call themselves Mr.Sinister, even him. Most people seem to just call him Sinister anyway, and even that would be a more bad-ass way to introduce yourself: "..hello, I'm Dr. Nathaniel Essex, but most call me Sinister.."

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

it's like Mr. Fantastic, they just go by Mr. because it's catchy. In Sinister's case it almost sounds like they came up with his name first (Mr.Sinister? oh, we gotta use that!) and then made up everything else as they went..

it really ought to be Dr.Sinister and Dr.Fantastic.. they are both Doctors, yeah?

I have no idea why anyone would call themselves Mr.Sinister, even him. Most people seem to just call him Sinister anyway, and even that would be a more bad-ass way to introduce yourself: "..hello, I'm Dr. Nathaniel Essex, but most call me Sinister.."

Their also both evil.

But I'm with you, pretty much everything about Sinister screams "made up as they went along". Like Claremont showed up for work and they shouted "We got a name, and a picture of a guy with black lipstick....no real motivation...but i want this guy all over everything".

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: haha.. yeah, pretty much.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kgb725
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@kgb725: in the original story he just seems to name himself that on a whim, though there might have been some ret-con about that by now. I'll admit, my knowledge of FF lore is pretty limited beyond Lee and Kirby's run.

The Thing takes his name because of Sue, though..

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All those doctors, misters, professors, kings, counts etc. give us a slap of the silver age. Call me a modernist , but I'd rather see those pretty odious nominal titles eliminated from the existence. I know, I know, respect the classics and all, but if we've (almost!) outgrown underwear over the clothes, everything is possible now! :)

Gladly, I guess the only reason why Magneto wasn't called any of these, is Dr. Polaris lol

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

All those doctors, misters, professors, kings, counts etc. give us a slap of the silver age. Call me a modernist , but I'd rather see those pretty odious nominal titles eliminated from the existence. I know, I know, respect the classics and all, but if we've (almost!) outgrown underwear over the clothes, everything is possible now! :)

Gladly, I guess the only reason why Magneto wasn't called any of these, is Dr. Polaris lol

well, those names themselves are actually modern, or products of modernity I guess, like the genre itself. I mean, there's only been superheroes as we know them since way after the industrial revolution. It's just that much of our contemporary view is itself no longer really modern.

I guess I'm of the generation in which superheroes started to be appealing to adults as well as children, so I can see a place for both. y'know, Superman doesn't really need those shorts over his pants, but it doesn't bother me if he has them -it's Superman, right? whatever he wears is going to be more believable than the things he can do. Any version o his costume is going to be really the least ridiculous thing about him.

Superheroes/villains don't need crazy names or outfits, but given the nature of the genre, I'm fine with there still being a place for characters that embrace that sillier side of that world.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adamTRMM

@oldnightcrawler:

well, those names themselves are actually modern, or products of modernity I guess, like the genre itself. I mean, there's only been superheroes as we know them since way after the industrial revolution. It's just that much of our contemporary view is itself no longer really modern.

Sorry for not clearing this, but I wasn't using the philosophical definition of "modernism", more like "just a product of this day (modern) world".

I guess I'm of the generation in which superheroes started to be appealing to adults as well as children, so I can see a place for both. y'know, Superman doesn't really need those shorts over his pants, but it doesn't bother me if he has them -it's Superman, right? whatever he wears is going to be more believable than the things he can do. Any version o his costume is going to be really the least ridiculous thing about him.

Everything within the eye of the beholder I guess, I like costumes of this era artists much, much more. Nolan's Batman changed the rules for street-levelers in some degree, Tron shining outlines and the whole modern sci-fi stylization being used in comics is an eye-candy for me. I can read a book to interpret the art in my mind, when I read a comic I expect some "grand designs" already invented and me just becoming fascinated by it.

Superheroes/villains don't need crazy names or outfits, but given the nature of the genre, I'm fine with there still being a place for characters that embrace that sillier side of that world.

Many aliases actually make sense, especially for mutants. Dam, even Dr. Doom somehow makes sense, right now it's just Sinister I'm having a particular problem with lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.