Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who works at the Jean Grey school? Now!

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Silver_Raven

When Regenesis happened happened we had a nice run down of who was part of faculty and what some of the taught. But after the changes of AvX; who is still staff, who is working there that we just don't see, and who should be working there?

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Silver_Raven

Is Kitty still headmistress?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dangallant984

@Silver_Raven: She said she stepped down as headmistress in All New X-men #6, ostensibly to watch over the O5, but presumably so Storm can step up (if anyone does). I think the current staff is

Wolverine

Storm

Kitty

Rachel

Beast

Iceman

Angel

Chamber

Warbird (blech)

Deathlock (blech)

Doop (whoo!!)

and I think Toad might still be kicking around.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver_Raven

I thought Angel was a student? what is his deal anyway, was he reduced to childhood or something? Does he remember his past or is he blank slate? I wish they would have just killed him off. What good is he really.

But anyways, i wish they would have cameos of other characters at the school like Karma as the librarian, or Cypher as tutor, or Dr. Reyes as the medic. Stuff like that.

And who took over Rogue's and Gambit's classes?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mutant God

Toad, I think, is still the Janitor, Rachel and Iceman are still teaching everyone else I dont know

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By papad1992

@Silver_Raven said:

I thought Angel was a student? what is his deal anyway, was he reduced to childhood or something? Does he remember his past or is he blank slate? I wish they would have just killed him off. What good is he really.

But anyways, i wish they would have cameos of other characters at the school like Karma as the librarian, or Cypher as tutor, or Dr. Reyes as the medic. Stuff like that.

I have a feeling u didn't read Dark Angel Saga in Uncanny X-Force...

As for the faculty:

Wolverine

Kitty (stepped down to look after the O5)

Storm

Beast

Iceman

Rachel Grey

Chamber

Frenzy

Doop

Toad

Warbird

Deathlock

Dr. Cecilia Reyes (when needed)

Gambit (I think he's still around)

Rogue left.

Cannonball left to join the Avengers.

Cypher as a tutor sounds awesome!!!

And Husk QUIT!! Horrible characterization for her...

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dangallant984

@Silver_Raven: this might be a little off topic, but who do you think should be working there?

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver_Raven

@dangallant984: I did ask who else should work there, so we're on topic.

Emma Frost -reluctant teacher at the Jean Grey school. (i think it would be more in character for her to restart her Boston, Mass. school.)

Sage -substitute teacher for any subject, tech support, living encyclopedia

Bishop -campus security and/or gym teacher

Cecelia Reyes -campus doctor

Madison Jeffries -shop class, industrial art teacher

Karma-librarian and/or guidance counselor

Cypher -language tutor

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dangallant984

@Silver_Raven: nice, especially digging the idea of Sage and Cypher being there.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chocobojam

How bout Danger! what is now the role of Danger!?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF

I know the whole point was to get mutants more spread out through the MU but i really liked that Utopia. I think if they were allowed go live their lives unhindered by the outside world they would have become the most prosperous country in the world only to prove how good and useful they could be to the world if everyone worked together

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dangallant984

@chocobojam: that's a really good question..

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver_Raven

Danger went AWOL. or Bendis doesn't want to write her.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Sissel

Dazzler for music class.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dangallant984

@Silver_Raven said:

Danger went AWOL. or Bendis doesn't want to write her.

that's fine. I don't need or want to know where every character is all the time. There'd be no surprises.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

@Silver_Raven said:

@dangallant984: I did ask who else should work there, so we're on topic.

Emma Frost -reluctant teacher at the Jean Grey school. (i think it would be more in character for her to restart her Boston, Mass. school.)

Sage -substitute teacher for any subject, tech support, living encyclopedia

Bishop -campus security and/or gym teacher

Cecelia Reyes -campus doctor

Madison Jeffries -shop class, industrial art teacher

Karma-librarian and/or guidance counselor

Cypher -language tutor

Sage <3

But her and Dazzler need to find a way back to 616 first.

I love your ideas.. Although Bishop is a villain now in Uncanny X-force. So I don't think he will get along with Storm and Psylocke. Everything else is perfect!

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dangallant984

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of older characters like Wolverine, Iceman and the Beast being in charge at the school. If for no other reason than that you can keep these characters around in major roles without having to have them be the focus or main character of any book. They can basically be used as background characters until the story involves them, Like Xavier, Magneto,or Moira were in the 80's.

That said, there are just some characters who are already more appropriate for those roles, and way more under used, so I would propose a mix:

Headmaster
    Headmaster
    Leader of the X-men
    Leader of the X-men
    Principal
    Principal
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I would like to see these characters joined by Cipher and Rachel as the main staff, with characters like Cecilia, Sage and Jefferies as associates of the school.

But I would rather see this cast as a supporting, or background cast to the main books; without having a book of it's own, this cast would function largely as the context to what the X-men proper do..

Storm's X-men, for example, could be partially based from the school and have any of these characters to call on if the story called for it, while still chiefly focussing on it's own cast.

I really think there should be a training team, made up completely of students, and that they should get their own book. In that case, this cast would provide the backdrop to their adventures; characters like Wolverine and Storm wouldn't need to ever be in it, you could just take it for granted that they were off with the X-men or the Avengers and just never bring it up, for Iceman and Beast, it could be a kind of pseudo-retirement, all of which could leave more breathing room for the student characters.

I get the feeling that that was kinda the idea with Wolverine and the X-men, but between one note new characters, big crossovers, and mostly not being able to decide if it's about the students or the staff, it seems to be failing for both.

thoughts?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#18  Edited By Teerack

Toad needs a promotion. In House of M he was an author and sense in House of M everyone got what they really wanted deep down Toad must want to be a writer, so i think it would be nice if he became an English teacher.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Rogue leave to go play house with magneto? *wretches*

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver_Raven

@dangallant984: Liking where you are going with this. The school is definitely bigger and better enough to have the X-men and the Jean Grey school staff and student body, each function as separate entities. The student learn and train, the faculty look after them and the school, and the main X-men go on missions. And if Beast was the Principal then maybe that would keep him from going on missions since his responsibility is with the school and he can chat over computers if they need his expertise. But he should remain behind with a reserve x-men/staff. That would make a lot of sense. Everyone in the school should have a different level of responsibility and duty.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silver_Raven

Wolverine and the X-men should have been called New X-men, or something like that to evoke both a new direction and the focus being on the newer X-men and new mutants reemerging. But sadly Wolverine has to be in every book, apparently, even in alternative realities no less. This could have been easily solved when after Regenesis they gave Legacy to Wolverine and the X-men, and not continued to focus on Rogue and her X-melodrama.

But i digress. The focus should be on the students and the staff supporting them. That's what i like about New Mutants/New X-men Academy. The kids were the focus and the teacher/mentor were there as well. They can reinterpret that this current status quo and allow lower tier X-men to watch over the younger, bottom tier X-men. Just looking at Astonishing there you have some of the characters that would be great mentors/advisers. Add Dazzler and Sage, and some New Mutants to the cast and we have something.

I like looking at the school as a home too. So the current dynamic are becoming very familial, with Wolverine and Storm as the dad and mom, Beast and Iceman as the smart and cool uncles, Rachel and Kitty as the responsible and radical aunts, and other kooky and eccentric relatives like Angel, Warbird, and Deathlok. So adding to that mix would only serve to build on the legacy the X-men had before Decimation.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dangallant984

@Silver_Raven: yeah, in a way, it's already a direction they seem to be moving in with Beast, Iceman, and Kitty to some extent. I guess I'd just rather see more underused alumni characters like Cypher or Karma, than, say, Warbird, Deathlock or even Archangel, who seem like they're only there for their fish-out-of-water comedic value.

That said, I really did enjoy the latest issue (#24). In terms of tone, pacing, and characterization, this one was by far the best issue so far. Not that I'd want every issue to be date night, because I wouldn't, and I would like to see a little more from the students, but this issue has made me decide to give the series another shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.