Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who will fight who in AvX?

lovelyamy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lovelyamy

I'm kind of confused on all the battles so far. Although there have been some confirmed like Magneto vs. Iron Man, Namor vs. Thing, Magik vs. Black Widow, Colossus vs. Red Hulk, and Cyclops/Gambit/Wolverine vs. Captain America.

I know that it was teased that Storm and Thor will battle but in the event Thor will be with the Secret Avengers unless they will fight later on in the event. But I am thinking she will battle someone else. Emma Frost is another character that we haven't heard word on her opponent. Everyone assumed that Psylocke and Black Widow will Duke it out but that have been thrown out the door. So who will fight who or who do you guys want to see?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By X35
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I'm going to say something crazy and suggest that Storm won't fight Thor - the fight would be too short unless PIS/CIS was involved; every time Storm has gone against Thor, she's lost immediately, and Enchantress proved that winds created by Norse magic overwhelms her. I'm thinking it may be a Valkyrie vs Storm re-match.

I think Cyclops will go against Captain America, just because they are both the leaders of their respective communities.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

Even the ones that have already been confirmed won't happen because Marvel doesn't know who will fight who because even they don't know what will hapen in AVX

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

@TDK_1997 said:

Even the ones that have already been confirmed won't happen because Marvel doesn't know who will fight who because even they don't know what will hapen in AVX

You make it sound like it is going to be as much of a mess as I thought it would be. Any idea how they are deciding the matchups and the outcome?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

@PhoenixoftheTides:This event will be a big mess like Fear Itself and it will have the same stupid impact as Fear Itself,too.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By papad1992

I'm just waiting for the verdict on whether or not Hope Summers is gonna die or fill her messiah shoes because she's so damn annoying!! Her and her little five lights team needs to be struck down and offered to Galactus!! While Jean Grey spontaneously returns and Cyclops leaves Emma (just like he did with Madelyne) they both join hands and fly into the sun together while Emma and Magneto take the reins of the Utopian X-Men and forms their own Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with them (some members escape, some members join, while most members are enslaved by Danger). Wolverine decides the situation needs to be dealt with, he sends Rogue's team to go and rescue Sage from the Crystal Palace (who's been stuck there forever and forgotten) Rogue rescues her and brings her back to the school where Wolverine instructs her to jumpstart and evolve all of the students' powers to maximum to fight Emma and Mags' impending forces!! Wolverine's side wins the battle and frees the enslaved mutants only for Wolverine to be killed by Magneto by twisting his Adamantium skeleton into his brain severing his head and killing him, all on Magneto's last breath before Surge electrocutes him to death. With Emma enslaved, Magneto and Wolverine dead, Storm picks up the remaining mutants and takes them back to the school to finally be where she belongs, as leader of her race! She also changes the name of the school from The Jean Grey School for the Gifted to Ororo's School for the Gifted!! Oh and Magma sinks Utopia.

How's that for fortunetelling Marvel??

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By arcano_19

@TDK_1997:why do you say that man???? O_o

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

@arcano_19: Because it all leads to the fact that this will be like Fear Itself and that Marvel are doing too many events

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EnSabahNurX

The thing vs Namor = thing wins since he faces colossus in issue 3

The thing vs colossus

Colossus vs spiderman = colossus wins since he fights thing in issue 3

Black Widow vs Magik

Captain America vs Gambit

Iron man vs Magneto

In x-men legacy Rogue is suppose to fight Ms Marvel

Uncanny x-men:

Colossus Vs. The Red Hulk

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rickbarry

@EnSabahNurX: I wouldn't assume the winner because they just happen to show up in later issues.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@Rickbarry said:

@EnSabahNurX: I wouldn't assume the winner because they just happen to show up in later issues.

yea but its not even a much later issue, it's pretty quickly after

only the tie ins I think are a complete free for all since those fights probably won't have conclusions(they will either draw or be interrupted before a winner)

I feel like the majority of wins will be the avengers and the x-men will get the shaft once again. Especially since the avengers movie is coming out soon. But the x-men might win the war

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.