Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

who's looking forward to X-MEN APOCALYPSE in 2016

cameronstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so who is looking forward to seeing apocalypse in the next x-men movie after days of future past cause I am tell me if you are or looking forward or what you would have rather seen instead

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By phisigmatau

isn't it set for 2015? My excitement is so/so

I'm worried of this being another wolverine love fest, I can't take one of those
    Plus i'd like to see some cyclops

but above all a good movie to pay respects to the once supervillain of Marvel

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By poisonfleur

Honestly I will get excited once I see the cast. I only really care about the x-movies with Storm in them.

That's mainly the reason why I don't care about the Wolverine films or First class. Wolverine is way over-rated.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My excitement depends on how "Days of Future Past" goes.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

It all depends on who is starring in it, so until we get a list of who's going to star in this movie, I'm not sure what to think about this movie.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have yet to get really excited about DOFP, so Apocalyspe doesn't interest me as of yet. I really really hope Im blown away by DOFP which imo has the potential to be one of the best ever or it could be one of the worst. Im glad to have the director of X2 back as I always wanted to see what he would have done with X3

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

I'm excited for it. I'm hoping that DoFP combines most of the new and old roster so we can get one awesome franchise.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

so who is looking forward to seeing apocalypse in the next x-men movie after days of future past cause I am tell me if you are or looking forward or what you would have rather seen instead

honestly, the only X-men movie I didn't get excited about was the first one, and that's only because I didn't want to get my hopes up.

yeah, some of the movies have been pretty bad, but most of them I really enjoy, so I'm always excited to hear about another being made.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cameronstear said:

honestly, the only X-men movie I didn't get excited about was the first one, and that's only because I didn't want to get my hopes up.

yeah, some of the movies have been pretty bad, but most of them I really enjoy, so I'm always excited to hear about another being made.

Where were you during 2003-2011?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Transformers1024

I'm pretty excited. And Days of Future Past looks great! Hopefully it crosses over with Fantastic Four (and let's all hope Michael B. Jordan is NOT Human Torch!). Hoping one of these movies will tease the X-Force movie!

Come to think of it, I'm pretty excited for all the Marvel movies coming out. Amazing Spiderman looks like it could be the best Spidey film to date. Plus they confirmed 3 and 4 aswell a Sinister Six and Venom spinoff. Winter Soldier hits in a few months and I couldn't be happier about that! Guardians of the Galaxy sounds extremely promising. Paul Rudd is going to nail Ant-Man. Avengers: Age of Ultron should be entersting.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler said:

The first one was better than I would've hoped, the second one was way better (and still a favorite of mine), which gave me a reason to be excited about the third. And though the third was an awful train-wreck, 'First Class was arguably the best of the bunch, so far.

So, yeah, of those four movies, I enjoyed most of them. what was the question?

oh yeah, between 2003-2011 I was in the middle of a ten year bender/journey of self discovery. I was in a rock band, it was pretty cool.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

simply put: meh.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm really looking forward to this, but a major drawback is that 2016 is quite a ways off.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on how good DOFP is and how close to the actual story the movie will be, and if they use characters I'd be interested in watching.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

The first one was better than I would've hoped, the second one was way better (and still a favorite of mine), which gave me a reason to be excited about the third. And though the third was an awful train-wreck, 'First Class was arguably the best of the bunch, so far.

So, yeah, of those four movies, I enjoyed most of them. what was the question?

oh yeah, between 2003-2011 I was in the middle of a ten year bender/journey of self discovery. I was in a rock band, it was pretty cool.

But what about Wolverine Origins?

Very cool.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool.

really? I wasn't a big fan of that one. It had a few good action scenes, but overall was pretty poorly executed. it also seemed kind of superfluous since,

1. Wolverine just isn't as interesting without the X-men, and, other than a decent (though brief and contrived) version of Gambit, this movie's supporting cast just seemed weakly written and conceived. I actually would've been more interested in seeing a Wolverine and Gambit movie, that could have been cool.
    2. Wolverine doesn't need an origin story, and, arguably he's more interesting without one definitive origin. And you kind of get all the origin story you need for him from the first two X-men movies anyway.

I liked before when his back story hadn't been revealed, and you'd have stories with him that could just be set in any time period because he was so old. Picking any one or two of the time periods/places we see him in in the opening credits of 'Origins (which were maybe the coolest part of that movie) and doing stories set then/there could have been a much more interesting way to show the character's unique perspective and sensibility. The Wolverine can be in a western, a samurai movie, a spy movie, a sci-fi movie, etc and it can all work, Origins really only took advantage of the sci-fi stuff, and didn't make much of a story of it.

And, even just for what it was, it was just pretty poorly conceived.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm excited since X-men seems to have got their sh!t together now in the movies. 1 was ok, 2 was amazing, 3 was terrible (started to loose abit of faith) Origns was painful (totally lost faith) First class was amazing (thought hmmm maybe they'll sort this out) the wolverine was good (then the post credits and I got all giddy and all my faith restored) hopefully DOFP will rock and help X-men take its spot as the leading super hero franchise.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

Very cool.

really? I wasn't a big fan of that one. It had a few good action scenes, but overall was pretty poorly executed. it also seemed kind of superfluous since,

1. Wolverine just isn't as interesting without the X-men, and, other than a decent (though brief and contrived) version of Gambit, this movie's supporting cast just seemed weakly written and conceived. I actually would've been more interested in seeing a Wolverine and Gambit movie, that could have been cool.
    2. Wolverine doesn't need an origin story, and, arguably he's more interesting without one definitive origin. And you kind of get all the origin story you need for him from the first two X-men movies anyway.

I liked before when his back story hadn't been revealed, and you'd have stories with him that could just be set in any time period because he was so old. Picking any one or two of the time periods/places we see him in in the opening credits of 'Origins (which were maybe the coolest part of that movie) and doing stories set then/there could have been a much more interesting way to show the character's unique perspective and sensibility. The Wolverine can be in a western, a samurai movie, a spy movie, a sci-fi movie, etc and it can all work, Origins really only took advantage of the sci-fi stuff, and didn't make much of a story of it.

And, even just for what it was, it was just pretty poorly conceived.

"Very cool" was relating to your band.

Wolverine: Origins just wasn't a good film.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends on Apocalypse's portrayal, as well as will angel be in the movie being transformed into archangel or will it happen in DOFP? will any of the other x-men who have been turned into horsemen over the years( Wolverine, Gambit, Caliban, Polaris) become horsemen? will Stryfe make an appearance? will mister sinister or exodus make an appearance.... all these questions plus more surround Apocalypse because they are all tied into him so... if at least one of these aspects happen in the movie..... then ill be good with it

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@westy206 said:

I'm excited since X-men seems to have got their sh!t together now in the movies. 1 was ok, 2 was amazing, 3 was terrible (started to loose abit of faith) Origns was painful (totally lost faith) First class was amazing (thought hmmm maybe they'll sort this out) the wolverine was good (then the post credits and I got all giddy and all my faith restored) hopefully DOFP will rock and help X-men take its spot as the leading super hero franchise.

this is pretty much exactly how I feel about it too.

cameronstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't really say after I see the DOFP first...although I'm looking forward to it.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like how it will be the first class cast. Kills it for me.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TazzMission

toad is in dofp and apparently xmen apoalypse will involve how mutation began. also singer stated today he is writting and proudcer hes not 100% confirmed to direct. im suprised no one posted the info

toad story

http://www.iamrogue.com/news/movie-news/item/10416-x-men-update-toads-in-days-of-future-past-and-bryan-singer-talks-apolcaypse.html

singer story from today

Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: Apocalypse

'It will address historical mutant-cy!'

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39735

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm not a big Singer fan, so I'll have to wait and see how Days of Future Past is before I can get excited about Apocalypse. I'm also not sure how I feel about the rumor that Apocalypse will be merging with Magneto.

CosmoMau5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CosmoMau5

@cameronstear: I'm excited I just hope they don't give Apocalypse a silly voice, hopefully his voice is similar to that of the 1992 X-men animated series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.