Who is your favourite female out of the new students

#1 Posted by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Karma listed among the new students?

#3 Posted by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Karma was a new student, my mistake.

#4 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3531 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cuckoo's. I don't really like the gimmicky feel of most of the new students, in general, though - it reminds me of a SquareEnic-style "concept first, then design the look, and plug in a personality last" approach.

#5 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixie

#6 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I said Dust. I like how she is a breath of fresh air in terms of characters in comic books.

#7 Edited by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

The Cuckoo's. I don't really like the gimmicky feel of most of the new students, in general, though - it reminds me of a SquareEnic-style "concept first, then design the look, and plug in a personality last" approach.

I think X-23 is pretty cool character, but I think your right, marvel put too much effect in the way the characters look and what powers they should have, instead of focusing on real development, like there personality and how they deal with certain situations.

Pixie leading, that's a shocker.

#8 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

if I can only pick one, it's Armor. but Pixie, Blindfold and Dust are close seconds. the Cuckoos are cool, the rest do nothing for me..

#9 Edited by soulreaper31337 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Surge, x-23. and pixie are some of my all time favorite mutants to begin with, but if i have to chose one it's Surge. She is one of the more interesting x-men from within the last 10 years and she has continued to not only impress me but has remained a cool character.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

Warbird isn't a student.

I chose Laura, but it wasn't an easy choice.

Moderator
#11 Posted by Ms. Omega (4450 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Dust

#12 Posted by Veitha (3104 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cuckoos... followed by Armor

#13 Posted by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:
Warbird isn't a student. I chose Laura, but it wasn't an easy choice.
 
she not a student, but she knew female character, which is why she makes this list.
#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Chose Oya cause she's Nigerian. Like myself.

But out of the list, i adore Hisako just because she's Hisako, followed by Oya and Pixie.

#15 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23, followed by Armor. They are the only teen female x-characters i really like.

#16 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Why is Karma listed among the new students?

This made me laugh. She has been around since the 80's and still no respect.

#17 Posted by poisonfleur (3031 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama: OMG Your default picture tickles me!

#18 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@jordama: OMG Your default picture tickles me!

I don't know who you are, but I approve of you

:D

#19 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted Warbird because I'm not sure why X-23 is on this list.

#20 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@ItsDaveyJ said:

I said Dust. I like how she is a breath of fresh air in terms of characters in comic books.

#21 Posted by Prodigy P (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixie.

@AgeofHurricane said:

Chose Oya cause she's Nigerian. Like myself.

But out of the list, i adore Hisako just because she's Hisako, followed by Oya and Pixie.

You're Nigerian? I'd never have guessed! Same here.

#22 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Warbird.

#23 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I love pixie, armor, x-23, dust and Mercury the most, but mercury didn't make the list.

#24 Posted by SoA (4777 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Armor-not really new (2nd favorite on this list)
  • Hope-she is ok(3rd)
  • Oya- like powers hope it gets written better(5th)
  • Pixie- starting to grow on me(4th)
  • X-23- not really new (fave out of this list)
  • Surge-not really new
  • Dust- not really new
  • Blindfold- also not really new
  • Warbird-like her but not a student
  • Karma- not new or student
  • The Cuckoo's- not new
  • Transonic- do not like, really kinda boring
#25 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a bit confused as some aren't students -- have since graduated -- aren't really new? I went with Laura because the fangirl in me demanded it but if I was choosing favourites from the list, Dust is next with Blindfold following.

Warbird is pretty kewl. :)

#26 Posted by poisonfleur (3031 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama said:

@poisonfleur said:

@jordama: OMG Your default picture tickles me!

I don't know who you are, but I approve of you

:D

Hahaa--- You're the best.

We are officially friends!

#27 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of these characters are nearly a decade old or older.

#28 Posted by HAWK2916 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

IS there going to be a continuation of a series involving the new students (academy x)

#29 Edited by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

@HAWK2916 said:

IS there going to be a continuation of a series involving the new students (academy x)

I hope so cause Wolverine and the X-Men devotes far too much attention to to the teachers and a small group of students and All-New X-Men is focused on the Original five. Reguarding the pole I voted for Pixie but I do feel there is some Hope hate going on as she is getting the bulk of the attantion an most of the other girls are releguated to the background for the most part. I would have thought she would have faired better in public opinion.

#30 Posted by HAWK2916 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. I'm still reading up to the events surrounding Hope so I cant comment on er as of yet. I voted for Dust. I think her background is pretty neat. I also like Magma and Surge. Though Magma is not a student but I've always wanted her featured more even in the Xmen stories

#31 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha And Omega

I like most of the characters listed, but I voted for Armor.

#32 Posted by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

  • Armor-not really new (2nd favorite on this list)
  • Hope-she is ok(3rd)
  • Oya- like powers hope it gets written better(5th)
  • Pixie- starting to grow on me(4th)
  • X-23- not really new (fave out of this list)
  • Surge-not really new
  • Dust- not really new
  • Blindfold- also not really new
  • Warbird-like her but not a student
  • Karma- not new or student
  • The Cuckoo's- not new
  • Transonic- do not like, really kinda boring

Most of these mutants on this list, are young mutants and that's the whole point. X-23, Armor and even Surge are still kids and that's why there on the list. Maybe I should of rename the voting thread. Change it to young mutants.

#33 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixie Beating X-23 upsets me.

#34 Posted by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

Pixie Beating X-23 upsets me.

I know, shocker really.

#35 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

Pixie Beating X-23 upsets me.

I know, shocker really.

i hate pixie.

#36 Edited by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

My list:

  1. X-23 (She's also my favorite character, like, ever!!!!)
  2. Armor
  3. Surge

Honorable Mention:

Warbird!!!! I love her, she's hilarious. And, even though Karma doesn't really apply, I still think she's cool.... Just so long as they don't give her back to Shadow King.....

#37 Posted by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@time said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

Pixie Beating X-23 upsets me.

I know, shocker really.

i hate pixie.

I don't hate pixie, I just don't think she that interesting.

@Target_X said:

My list:

  1. X-23 (She's also my favorite character, like, ever!!!!)
  2. Armor
  3. Surge

Honorable Mention:

Warbird!!!! I love her, she's hilarious. And, even though Karma doesn't really apply, I still think she's cool.... Just so long as they don't give her back to Shadow King.....

My top 3, out of these are :

1) X-23

2) Hope

3) Either Surge, Warbid, Armor or Pixie.

#38 Posted by SoA (4777 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: didn't intend on sounding mean , just saying lol

#39 Posted by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio
@SoA said:

@time: didn't intend on sounding mean , just saying lol

you didn't sound mean  at all. I just wanted to get my point across.  I wanted to explain why X-23, dust, surge are on the list to everyone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.