caption

emma alright none one of the coolest x-characters
#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#12 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

she not that cool

#13 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
Beyond Magneto's incredibly complex and compelling personality, Magneto is a unique creation in the mainstream superhero comic genre. He is a realistic twist on the classic "sympathetic individual gains great powers" archetype, using his power for what he perceives as good but which conflicts with society at large. Characters of his complexity, moral ambiguity, and analogies to the real world are more often found in dystopian SciFi novels and more artistic graphic novel offerings like the Watchmen (and it is interesting that V for Vendetta was written one year after Claremont revealed Magneto's Holocaust background. I'm not accusing Moore of stealing anything, merely pointing out that Magneto may have unlocked the door to deeper creative endevours in comic books). 

Magneto does not fit into easy little boxes of "Good" and "Evil", but ironically is one of the most human of Marvel superhero characters that acts in a wide range of moral behaviors. Under the right pen can serve as mirror to our own nature. For instance many of the acts fans condemn Magneto for are acts they find perfectly acceptable when engaged in by their own government.

That combined with the label of "terrorist" makes Magneto discomforting for many in both the Marvel offices and the fanbase. Hence the widely varying characterization over recent years. There is a war over the soul of the character: Those writer, artists and fans who prefer a three dimensional, though provoking anti-hero/anti-villain on one side, those that want to shove Magneto back into the Silver Age role a simple despotic rat bastard on the other.

Don't forget: Magneto:Testament #1 coming out tomorrow!

#14 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

cool picture of magneto  when does the comic come out

#15 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Tomorrow. September 10th. Magneto: Testament is a five issue miniseries covering Magneto's childhood from 1935 to 1945. While we have seen bits of pieces of Magneto's time in the camps, his childhood is a virtually untouched period of Magneto's life.  And Greg Pak has done a great deal of historical research to tell this story properly.

And yes, it will include his real name, once and for all.

#16 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio
Psylocke
Psylocke
Psylocke
And... Psylocke
I'm Actually thinking of getting a tattoo of her on the back of shoulder.
#17 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds cool , i am not sure if i'll buy fives issues on magneto, but i will see, he is  a great character 

who esle do think is the coolest character  

#18 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

It's only one issue a month. :-)

As far as "The most cool character", there can be only one.

But I also like Banshee and Beast.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Rouge

2.Spiral
3.Shatterstar
4.Domino
5.Cable
6.Psylocke
7.Dust
8.X-23
9.Longshot
10.Moonstar
11.Magik
12.Storm
#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"she not that cool"
she is
Pania said:
"Tomorrow. September 10th. Magneto: Testament is a five issue miniseries covering Magneto's childhood from 1935 to 1945. While we have seen bits of pieces of Magneto's time in the camps, his childhood is a virtually untouched period of Magneto's life.  And Greg Pak has done a great deal of historical research to tell this story properly.

And yes, it will include his real name, once and for all."
Do we know Polaris' birth mom yet?
#21 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio

me likey =]

Kitty....goes Purr!
#22 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:

Do we know Polaris' birth mom yet?
"
No. It is not even confirmed that she is his kid yet. Magneto has never spoken on the matter. As far we know, Lorna's mom is Mr. Dane's wife and who is her father is is up in the air.

Magneto: Testament will not cover the time frame that would include Lorna's conception. It ends when Magneto leaves the Auschwitz with Magda in 1945.

House of M: Civil War will have a version of the story, but that is an alternate universe. It's immediately altered by Magnus's birth being set forward ten years so that he was born in Auschwitz (a highly unlikely occurrence) and was already using his powers as a toddler.
#23 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio
Pania said:
"It's only one issue a month. :-)

As far as "The most cool character", there can be only one.

But I also like Banshee and Beast."
yes but one one character not that eager, i like magneto, but i prefer him fighting with x-men

this is three of his coolest pictures
caption

caption

caption
#24 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him as a foil to the X-Men, fighting them is incidental.

#25 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

no way, magneto is the x-men best villain, i prefer him that way 

what do you think of him and rogue 

caption

#26 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

i also love this moment when rogue confronts magneto

caption
#27 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"no way, magneto is the x-men best villain, i prefer him that way 

That is what "foil" means: the guy opposing them.

There are tons of villains to just tear up the landscape in the X-Verse. Magneto is something much more. Magneto is their philosophical mirror, which ironically, Cyclops is turning into.

What do you think of him and rogue

AAAAAAGH!

WORST!
SHIP!
EVER!

Rogue and Magneto had nothing, and I mean nothing, in common. It was a paring that simply did not work.

Prior to the incident in the Savage Land, Magneto and Rogue had exchanged words twice on panel, both time speaking strictly about business. Despite the fact that they lived together when Magneto was working with the X-Men, they never had a personal conversation. Then they share a single little moment o'lust in the Savage Land,  something most adults would say "O.k., that was weird" and walk away from enjoying the pleasant tingle....

And we the readers spend the next 8 years getting this improbable relationship crammed down our throats in alternate universes, clones, and Rogue practically throwing herself at Magneto every time they met (to which he would reply, "Look, you're a cute kid, but get out of my way...") It doesn't work. The fact that one of the characters had to be drastically altered (Rogue who was practically molested and was ruled by Magneto in AoA (tres' creepy), Magneto for Joseph) in order to make it work shows how much it doesn't work.

Besides, what the heck would they talk about?

“Darling, have you seen the latest issue of Цитология и генетика laying about anywhere?”

“Th’ whut an th’ who?”

*sigh* “Nevermind.”

“Babe? Ya’ll seen my Travis Tritt CD?”

I was so glad when Scott Pruett buried that dead and rotting horse for good in Magneto Rex.
#28 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

What was she complaining about? Nothing happened in the Savage Land. They almost kissed. That was it.

Claremont wrote that as a throw away line, but later fans and writers misunderstood it to mean that Magneto and Rogue had had a relationship (when Magneto had turned Rogue down because he was still seeing Lee Forrester). So every time the two met up again, over every fight Magnus and the X-Men had, that scene was replayed. Ech time more intensely until Rogue was practically throwing herself at him outright. It was like the more he rejected her, the more she wanted to be with him.

#29 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto and rogue have been together in age of apocalypse
i just like that picture

#30 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Exiles Mimic is cool and one of my favorites.

#31 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody esle

#32 Edited by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue was also one of my faves. She has eveything looks, smarts and shes a strong woman. Yep shes that forbiden frute you just hade to touch.

#33 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

i like rogue too but i like to see her return to uncanney x-men

#34 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"magneto and rogue have been together in age of apocalypse
i just like that picture"
As you will learn in battle threads, alternate universes don't count.

And the way the relationship was formed, with Magneto the parental figure taking advantage of Rogue the teenager young enough to be his granddaughter, was extremely creepy. He raised her from the age of 13 or 14, and then made it so she could touch him and no one else, not even their child. That is EXTREMELY manipulative, to the point it borders on emotional slavery.

(And he did it while stealing out from under a guy her own age who really did care about her. )

Magneto had figured out that magnetic field could allow her to touch him, then why could he not have cooked up a collar or a field generator or something that produced a magnetic field for her so she could touch others...

Heck, she apparently had Polaris powers, why didn't he teach her how to create that magnetic field for herself so she could touch others?

Like her own kid.

The whole thing was very icky.

And again, that relationship made no sense to begin with in the 616. Those two characters simply do not fit together.

There are a few intriguing potential mates for Magnus in the M.U., but Rogue is not one of them and I will never understand why they wasted so much time on it.
#35 Posted by Man Without Fear (219 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"1.Rouge
2.Spiral
3.Shatterstar
4.Domino
5.Cable
6.Psylocke
7.Dust
8.X-23
9.Longshot
10.Moonstar
11.Magik
12.Storm
13.Jubilee
"
#36 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:

Good for you.

In my opinion Magneto, Quicksilver, Cyclops and Iceman are the coolest.
#37 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#38 Posted by Roguegirl (169 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#39 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellion, Elixir, Mercury, Archangel, Havok, Polaris.

#41 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#43 Posted by Roguegirl (169 posts) - - Show Bio
GreyGoose said:
"Roguegirl said:
"
caption
"

now how did i know u were gonna pic rogue.....hmmmm?"
just becouse i'm Roguegirl that dosn't mean that i can't say my opinion
#44 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
Roguegirl said:
"GreyGoose said:
"Roguegirl said:
"
#45 Posted by Shanana (53112 posts) - - Show Bio

BLINK!!!

#46 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio
Pania said:
"time said:
As you will learn in battle threads, alternate universes don't count.

And the way the relationship was formed, with Magneto the parental figure taking advantage of Rogue the teenager young enough to be his granddaughter, was extremely creepy. He raised her from the age of 13 or 14, and then made it so she could touch him and no one else, not even their child. That is EXTREMELY manipulative, to the point it borders on emotional slavery.

(And he did it while stealing out from under a guy her own age who really did care about her. )

Magneto had figured out that magnetic field could allow her to touch him, then why could he not have cooked up a collar or a field generator or something that produced a magnetic field for her so she could touch others...

Heck, she apparently had Polaris powers, why didn't he teach her how to create that magnetic field for herself so she could touch others?

Like her own kid.

The whole thing was very icky.

And again, that relationship made no sense to begin with in the 616. Those two characters simply do not fit together.

There are a few intriguing potential mates for Magnus in the M.U., but Rogue is not one of them and I will never understand why they wasted so much time on it.
"
it was abit creepy, i agree with you on that,   but i did like fact that x-men writers explore that,  the two reasons why i like that is rogue was one of my faverite x-men characters and magneto is my faverite villian.

Also  i always like the idea that when the x-men face magneto, there is certain member that cares for the enemy,  and that's rogue . In  fatal attractions rogue was not  too sure what side she will be on, when facing magneto.  
caption

i just like that idea, it gives you something, then just magneto being the villain and if there was  no past  between rogue and magneto, it would of been a simple battle that's all.

i don't think age really matters in the x-men comics

look at cylops and emma
cylops is a really old character and so is emma and there is a certain age gap there.

What about wolverine, he older than magneto and charles and he dated and had flings with very young woman.

I just think it's more noticeable with magneto, cause he does look old.

The original five x-men characters there really old characters,  cyclops, jean, beast, angel and iceman. Characters like iceman & angel there going to get youger girlfriends sooner or later.

I just think the  age gap deosn't really matter in the x-men world

what if turns out that the baby cable is carrying is jean grey ? that would be so wierd.

#47 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
caption
#48 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

psylocke is so cool

caption

caption

so is wolverine and domino
caption

so is mstique
caption

and rogue is to
caption
#49 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
#50 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Magneto.
  • Havok.
  • Darwin.
  • Elixir.
  • Iceman.
  • Quentin Quire.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.