Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who is the best telepath?

Ninja_girl_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ninja_girl_x

The X-Men have loads have telepaths, but what I'm trying to figure out is which one is the best? Someone answer this for me!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

Pretty sure Xavier is conclusively the strongest, although Jean can overpower him when roided out on the Phoenix Force.

lovelyamy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lovelyamy

Well they all are solidified in their own areas (they each are in their own lanes) so it depends on how you look at it. Considering strength, skill, popularity, etc. I think the first two are almost always Professor X and Jean Grey others fall behind.

1. Professor X

2. Jean Grey

3. Emma Frost / Psylocke (people seem to under estimate here until now with Uncanny X-Force; based on the recent power boost I think her and Emma are in the same league).

4. Quentin Quire

5. Stepford Cuckoos / Rachel Grey Summers (Although she is powerful her lack of skill levels her down but she is still very useful; Didn't professor X give her all his knowledge and skill? this should be reckoned).

That's all I can really think of as of now. Keep in mind that these are only X-men members.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

Nate Grey (before his depowerment) needs to be on any list you have up. And that's not fanboyism. He was said to be stronger than Charles in telepathy, he was able to hide himself from Charles with Cerebro (a hard thing to do for most), and was able to use his telepathy as a form of cyberpathy (a feat that I haven't seen any other X-Man telepath repeat.), and finally, recreated Madelyne Pryor with a subconscious thought/desire about Jean Grey, all that on top of being a being now a psionic entity like Onslaught and technically Quentin Quire.

And yes, he did serve as an X-Man, but only for a bit. It was with Jean, Scott, Wolverine, Cable and Archangel which happened in an Astonishing X-Men titile in late 90s or 2000.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Currently, my money still is on Charles.
    RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RogueOracle

Charles or Jean.

nerd217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By nerd217

Although he is by no means the most powerful, Cable is by far the coolest ever since Messiah Complex. I'm also a fan of Madelyne Pryor. She's had a really bad life and I hate Cyclops for leaving her. The Inferno story arc in the 80s (I'm not that old really I just like old comics) was really good.

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By davelecave
    No Caption Provided
    Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr Marvel82

I'm a huge fan of Phoenix (Jean) She gets points for storing Charles mind within her brain while fighting off a nano-infection during Morrison's run.

Nate Grey gets points for being badass and a shaman and such.

Quentin Quire gets points for creating a psychic gun, inspired by Betsy's psychic knife. :D

The Cuckoos get points for infiltrating the Mansion and causing none of the Senior Staff (including Jean, Charles, and Emma) to question where the heck they came from.

The verdict- Telepaths are awesome. Who cares which is the best!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Mr Marvel82 said:

I'm a huge fan of Phoenix (Jean) She gets points for storing Charles mind within her brain while fighting off a nano-infection during Morrison's run.

Nate Grey gets points for being badass and a shaman and such.

Quentin Quire gets points for creating a psychic gun, inspired by Betsy's psychic knife. :D

The Cuckoos get points for infiltrating the Mansion and causing none of the Senior Staff (including Jean, Charles, and Emma) to question where the heck they came from.

The verdict- Telepaths are awesome. Who cares which is the best!

I like your style.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Onemoreposter

Martian Manhunter

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

It is already stated that Chuck is #1. "Professor X is one the most powerful telepathic mutants in the world, perhaps second only to the Phoenix."

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Kallarkz

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Nate Grey (before his depowerment) needs to be on any list you have up. And that's not fanboyism. He was said to be stronger than Charles in telepathy, he was able to hide himself from Charles with Cerebro (a hard thing to do for most), and was able to use his telepathy as a form of cyberpathy (a feat that I haven't seen any other X-Man telepath repeat.), and finally, recreated Madelyne Pryor with a subconscious thought/desire about Jean Grey, all that on top of being a being now a psionic entity like Onslaught and technically Quentin Quire.

And yes, he did serve as an X-Man, but only for a bit. It was with Jean, Scott, Wolverine, Cable and Archangel which happened in an Astonishing X-Men titile in late 90s or 2000.

I think the list was referring to current telepaths. At this current moment (as you said) Nate has not demonstrated the ability to use telepathy so it would be quite difficult to put him on a list of the most powerful current telepaths.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Kallarkz said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

I think the list was referring to current telepaths. At this current moment (as you said) Nate has not demonstrated the ability to use telepathy so it would be quite difficult to put him on a list of the most powerful current telepaths.

OP doesn't state current.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Kallarkz

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

"The X-men have loads of telepaths...which is the best one"

Have= Possess, own, or hold.

Nate Grey is not a telepath at this moment in time. How could he be considered the best one they "have"

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Kallarkz said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

"The X-men have loads of telepaths...which is the best one"

Have= Possess, own, or hold.

Nate Grey is not a telepath at this moment in time. How could he be considered the best one they "have"

Nate has telepathy. He just can't multi-task with between it and Telekinesis currently. So he isn't shown using it.

But by that logic, Jean shouldn't be the list as she is a cosmic limbo and not with the X-Men currently. Yet she is mentioned all the time.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Nudeviking

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Seconded.

Vermillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Vermillo

I have to agree with on that one. If this is current then Jean or Charles shouldn't be on this list because both are not current because they both on limbo. But I do think Exodus, and Legion should be on the list.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Vermillo said:

I have to agree with on that one. If this is current then Jean or Charles shouldn't be on this list because both are not current because they both on limbo. But I do think Exodus, and Legion should be on the list.

You'd also have to exclude Exodus and Legion. Exodus is the X-Brig, and Legion is with Xavier. So it looks like it's between: Rachel, Emma, Psylocke (with her current boost), and the Cuckoos.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Nudeviking

@TheGreyOutcastX: And young Master Quire...

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Nudeviking: Right, forgot about him....

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Blood1991

Psylocke is my favorite Telepath, but I would say Xavier is the strongest.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeanroygrant

Emma Frost, Jean Grey, & Charles Xavier.

Rockoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rockoko

@jeanroygrant said:

Emma Frost, Jean Grey, & Charles Xavier.

This

thegreat4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thegreat4u

nate grey or jean grey i think

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davelecave said:

No Caption Provided

Agreed. She surpassed Xavier in skill and strength during New X-Men.

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By davelecave

@PhoenixoftheTides: High Five!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#28  Edited By time1
    No Caption Provided
    TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#29  Edited By TronHammer

How about Moon Dragon? Or is it Moondragon? The bald lady who was a Defender for a while. I think she is a mutant, but has never been an X-Man.

magik_kat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By magik_kat

I think.........me!

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By arcano_19

well its jean obiusly

then xavier tied with emma

after the cuckoos

and then quentin quire (wich has the level of jean but lack experience)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.