Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who is physically stronger: Monet or Frenzy?

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Iron_Lad

Who is the most physically strongest female mutant out there? I've always felt that there's been a lack of strength-based female mutants in comics. That's why I miss Rogue when she had Ms. Marvel's powers. She was so bad-ass back then. I know that there's that girl from the runaways now and maybe Emma Frost in diamond form and that's about it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

I don't know enough about Frenzy to answer that but I don't think Emma's diamond form is all that strong...she just got thrown around by Dark Beast and the Lizard in X-men #10

VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VIZION2011

Monet is stronger however marvel has allot of female heavvy hitters. Theres She Hulk, Thundra, Red she hulk, ms marvel, Lyra, Ultra girl, Gladiators cuzin, Thor girl, and much more... :-)

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Iron_Lad
    @VIZION2010 said:

" Monet is stronger however marvel has allot of female heavvy hitters. Theres She Hulk, Thundra, Red she hulk, ms marvel, Lyra, Ultra girl, Gladiators cuzin, Thor girl, and much more... :-) "

I know Marvel has a ton of strong female characters, but I'm talking mutants.
    VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VIZION2011

Oh well yeah ur right on that one, as a matter of fact let me try and find some becuz I cant think of any female mutant heavy hitters of the top of my head.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Frenzy. As far as Marvel's opinion goes. I think her older feats as well would be better. In recent times, M has been used more, and has more feats (but not necessarily better) Monet is surprisingly not... well her durability to strength ratio isn't like say old school Rogue. I think she is suppose to only be in the 10 ton strength range. Molly will probably be stronger than both when she is older, more clearly. 

Namora might be the strongest I think of the top of my head. Not counting characters who can drain or mimic. 
    VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VIZION2011

ANgel Dust,big bertha,Armor,arclight still searching lol    

FernandoGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FernandoGrey

the strongest is M bc beside her strength, she foresaw each attack by using her telepathic ability and she way more astute that Frenzy, Mind over matter always winnn

X-Factor # 218
    X-Factor # 218
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Frenzy is physically stronger than M by far. I believe she was a 50 tonner from the beginning and I don't recall M being more than a 10 tonner (but that could have changed). Good point on female mutants with super-strength. Emma has it but I don't think her strength level is high. I wouldn't mind having a super strong female mutant or 2. Aside from Armor there aren't too many super strong mutants on Utopia to make it overly redundant. Namor, Colossus and Sunspot are the only 3 I can think of that have considerable physical strength.  

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By lorex

I think you are all wrong.  Molly Hayes from Runaways is far stronger then either and her powers haven't fully matured as of yet, she is about 12 years old.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @lorex: I'd love to see Molly take on people when she is older.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By papad1992

Well Molly is too young.... so let's leave her out of this!

I'd say it's a tie between M, Frenzy, and Big Berttha!! (People always seem to forget about Big Bertha and that she's a mutant too!!)

So here are the ones I could think of:

Ernst - I've never really seen a feat she's done!! But her "powers" are supposed to be super strength!!

Nekra - has the ability to increase her strength.

Omega Sentinel - She's a setinel... she probably could lift some tons!!

Sabra - The Israeli superhero whose mutant power is super strength!!

Wolfsbane - her strength was greatly enhanced by Elixir so she could bare her pregnancy!!

Big Bertha - she's like a female version of the Blob... only she "vomits" her excess weight to become normal figured again!!.... ewwwww!!! Nasty.

Warpath Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Warpath Storm

M by far
    Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Backflip

M would win in a fight, but that is due to her other abilities. Frenzy is physically stronger

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By papad1992
    @Backflip:

Well, if we leave out M's other abilities and focus on the super strength aspect... Frenzy would definelty win the fight!!!
    knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

@backflip said:

M would win in a fight, but that is due to her other abilities. Frenzy is physically stronger

I agree. I'd hate to see a Molly and Frenzy match up.

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue is not super strong anymore? I could have sworn in Xmen 1 or 2 she broke thru a roof and was clearly the muscle in a fight. But I may be wrong. And if she is not strong anymore when did this happen?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@hawk2916 said:

Rogue is not super strong anymore? I could have sworn in Xmen 1 or 2 she broke thru a roof and was clearly the muscle in a fight. But I may be wrong. And if she is not strong anymore when did this happen?

Well... it was at the School. She could have touched a few students before breaking down the door.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So she's doesn't have Ms.Marvel's power anymore? Can she still fly and all? When did this happen?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Well... it was at the School. She could have touched a few students before breaking down the door.

Rogue got her strength in those issue from Northstar, reminding me of a super-strong female mutant who seems to have been forgotten in this thread..

Aurora!!

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood said:

@hawk2916 said:

Rogue got her strength in those issue from Northstar, reminding me of a super-strong female mutant who seems to have been forgotten in this thread..

Aurora!!

Yes. It stated in the first issue she was using Northstar's ability to fly. I'm kinda new to this depowered Rogue (not that I can tell much of a difference). How long can she keep abilities? If she is still using Northstar's ability she'd have it at least a third of a day by the second issue. Is that normal now?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. It stated in the first issue she was using Northstar's ability to fly. I'm kinda new to this depowered Rogue (not that I can tell much of a difference). How long can she keep abilities? If she is still using Northstar's ability she'd have it at least a third of a day by the second issue. Is that normal now?

From what I've seen, it seems to be normal now, yeah. About two or three issues before the powers start to wear off. But when she needs powers, she can almost always get some; and she's quite resourceful even without powers.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

@iron_lad: Well aleast Rogue defeated She-Hulk and Ms Marvel in the Avengers Vs X-Men event.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman via prep time.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lykopis

@oldnightcrawler said:

@knighthood said:

From what I've seen, it seems to be normal now, yeah. About two or three issues before the powers start to wear off. But when she needs powers, she can almost always get some; and she's quite resourceful even without powers.

In X-Men Legacy, she stated she was able to retain borrowed powers for twelve hours, (which is why after she absorbed Legion's powers she took advantage and went off to bring back Polaris, Havoc and Rachel from space) although prior to that, she's been shown to keep powers relative to how long she maintained contact -- which was to explain the Carol Danvers situation.

She's in complete control now so I would go with the 12 hour thing -- and she is able to not hurt people when she does absorb their powers as well.

edit : To answer the thread's OP, Frenzy is physically stronger. :)

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@knighthood said:

In X-Men Legacy, she stated she was able to retain borrowed powers for twelve hours, (which is why after she absorbed Legion's powers she took advantage and went off to bring back Polaris, Havoc and Rachel from space) although prior to that, she's been shown to keep powers relative to how long she maintained contact -- which was to explain the Carol Danvers situation.

She's in complete control now so I would go with the 12 hour thing -- and she is able to not hurt people when she does absorb their powers as well.

edit : To answer the thread's OP, Frenzy is physically stronger. :)

That's why we should all our X-Books like good little boys and girls. lol.

Thanks. I'm actually reading Legacy but not quite caught up. The art is mess though.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood:

Agreed on the art -- really unhappy with it.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Frenzy is strongef by a lot. I think that Namora is the physically strongest mutant anyway

pander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monet hasnt been just a 10 tonner since she was in Generation X - and that wasnt even the real Monet. It was her little sisters trying to approximate her. She's been getting steadily stronger since then. She's long since gone past 50 tons. Recently, since she came back from the dead, she's had a massive power-up. She's beat the hell out of an Asgardian, breaking 2 of the Asgardian's ribs and giving her 8 fractures. And Monet warned her that she was holding back. Not to mention she also has a ton of psionic powers, including pretty strong telekinesis on top of her physical powers.

The Asgardian also mentioned Monet was basically a goddess power-wise

http://s4.postimg.org/ge42rcwkd/009.jpg

I've actually read a comic which said she was an Omega level mutant now (post-coming back from the dead). Soon as I find it, I'll post it as well.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pander1 said:

Monet hasnt been just a 10 tonner since she was in Generation X - and that wasnt even the real Monet. It was her little sisters trying to approximate her. She's been getting steadily stronger since then. She's long since gone past 50 tons. Recently, since she came back from the dead, she's had a massive power-up. She's beat the hell out of an Asgardian, breaking 2 of the Asgardian's ribs and giving her 8 fractures. And Monet warned her that she was holding back. Not to mention she also has a ton of psionic powers, including pretty strong telekinesis on top of her physical powers.

The Asgardian also mentioned Monet was basically a goddess power-wise

http://s4.postimg.org/ge42rcwkd/009.jpg

I've actually read a comic which said she was an Omega level mutant now (post-coming back from the dead). Soon as I find it, I'll post it as well.

I think this is the right answer.

For what it's worth Scott Lobdell (who invented M) once described her as essentially Supergirl meets Veronica Lodge, and it seems to me that Supergirl should be stronger than Frenzy.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monet has the strength.

Frenzy has the invulnerability.

Purely physically... i'd edge to Frenzy... But with full powersets - flight and psionics from Monet... Monet gets the money.

pander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pander1

Monet has invulnerability as well, devilsgrin.

She has superstrength, invulnerability, superspeed (she can move at Mach 3), super reflexes, a 192 IQ, super intuition, telepathy, telekinesis, mind control, mental illusions, psi-bolts, psi-shields, and a bunch of other powers. She really is a jack of all trades when it comes to the power lottery.

Molly's stronger than Frenzy or M though - at least physically (Molly is a Class 100 mutant, and her biggest feat was throwing a 65,000 ton skyscraper sized monster (though she did have a caffeine spell at the time) - but even without it, Molly is Colossus level strong plus invulnerable.

M would still win though. She could just give Molly a mental imperative to fall asleep or something.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pander1: Yeah. Comicvine needs to update their stats. 10 tens would be like lifting a piece of cardbard for M. She could probably blow past 50 tons rather easily. According to Marvel's wiki page, her strength maxes out at 75 tons. That's stronger than Carol Danvers!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Koays  Online
    ZOMBIE THREADS!
    ZOMBIE THREADS!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.